main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Not going to SWC17, but watching the streamed events

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Skywalker2B, Apr 10, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've got to knock out this one day at work today, and then my regular days off come on Wed/Thurs. So I'm looking forward to watching the live streams all day and catching up on everything I missed when I was there.

2. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    For some reason, on Saturday when I streamed it through my Amazon Fire TV, YouTube app, the sound was coming through a little slower than the video. After about 20-30 seconds you could see the non-sync between them. I'd have to Pause/Play every couple of minutes to re-sync the sound and video. If I let it continue to stream and walk away (ie. go to the bathroom or something), when I came back it was off by about about 3-5 seconds. I don't know if it was the YouTube app or the Fire TV, because I didn't have the same problem on Sunday when I watched the Closing Ceremony on my Android via wifi at home.

I must say, I was pretty disappointed in the Closing. They didn't even announce the location and date of the next SWC. No announcement of a new animation show to replace Rebels. No Kenobi announcement either. But, I'm guessing that we may get something from D23 in July.

3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, the closing ceremony isn't really meant for that. If something wasn't announced earlier in the weekend, it won't be announced at closing. Except for the announcement for when the next Celebration will be, that's pretty much the norm. But, that's also assuming they have that information, because that obviously didn't happen this year. Even if it did, it's still not worth spending the last few hours at Celebration seeing it live. I did it at Anaheim, so I knew. A lot of people in the morning queue seemed intent on getting wristbands for it, probably thinking there will be guests or some big announcement. I tried telling a few that it's not worth it and it wasn't anything special. No guests will be there, and it's just a bunch of "How'd everybody like Celebration!?" and all that stuff you see at the beginning of panels for an hour. I don't know, maybe that made them more suspicious than anything. I guess you have to see it for yourself to know that it's nothing special.

4. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Yeah, I saw it at both C5 and C6. But each of those announced the next Celebrations at least, so they weren't total waists of time. Still, 3 trailers and some other cool pics and such...I'd say it was a good con. Wish I could have been there.

CaptainRegor and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  5. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I think the ending ceremony is nice. It should announce where the next one is, but for the most part, I really enjoy the atmosphere and look back. It's a nice closure to the whole deal.