main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not impressed with the new Indiana Jones figures at Disneyworld - they could've done better.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Hey, I know this isn't an IJ thread, but since it's a collectors thread I figured this was the most appropriate place to put this.

Anyway, I just saw the latest "Toyfare" and saw several pictures of the new Indiana Jones action figures that they're selling exclusively at Disneyland - they have Indiana Jones, Marion Ravenwood (w/monkey), German Officer, German mechanic (bald guy), and the Cairo Swordsman.

Needless to say, these figures are not that impressive, and aren't that much better (and in some cases worse) than the Kenner IJ figures that came out in 1982/1983.

I wish that someone like McFarlane Toys or Art Asylum would get the liscense for Indiana Jones and make the figures correctly......

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Considering these are just figures for the gift shops at Disney (rather than proper nationally released toys) it's what I would've expected.

Look at the rest of what's in gift shops at amusement parks. This is just more of the same.

3. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Anyone know where I can see pictures of these?

4. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Yeah, they're not that great-looking, but that won't stop me from buying once of each next time I'm at Disneyland. I need more Indiana Jones stuff.

A McFarlane Indy, though, would be absolutely kick-ass (though I would hope it'd be able to stand up on its own.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.