main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Me" - an Obi angst about Qui-Gons death, years later. AU Obi/Sabe, A/A LookingForAnotherCo-Auth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Asha, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    This is really good. UP!

2. Jedi_Grace

Jedi_Grace Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2002
    Hey! I really, really like this! It's been a long time since I've read a really, really good Obi/Sabe fic, because there isn't really THAT much out there. However, this story is definitely heading towards a wonderful Obi/Sabe fic, and you know, more Obi angst about Qui is always welcome! :D Keep up the good work!

3. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Can't wait for more. *glares at thread* UP!

4. Asha

Asha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    ::blushes:: Oh guys! I really don't deserve all this! Thanks so much, you have no idea how much it means to me!

5. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    Wonderful idea and story! Keep it up Asha! Can't wait for more! :)

6. Sabina_Sinistra

Sabina_Sinistra Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    I love Sabé and Obi-Wan fanfics and I think that sabé as Chief of Security is perfect. I mean, she was practically born for the position!

Please post more Obi/Sabé romance. I can't wait to read!

Sabi

7. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
  8. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Okay guys, I promised it, you got it. But remember - this was written at 5:30 A.M and should be expected as such! LOL. I wasn't too crazy about how it turned out, but not enough time to do something else with it. I hope you are all pleased.

Heather_Skywalker: Thanks!

Sabina_Sinstra: I love Sabe/Obi mush too! Let me know if you know of any good ones, I'm always looking for more to read!

Toronto Jedi Master: Awww thanks! What page was it on? No, don't tell me, I probably don't want to know!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

?Sabé?? Obi-Wan managed to mumble over the large lump that was forming in his throat.

Sabé had been looking at the younger Jedi when the older one choked out her name. It surprised her, so she quickly turned her head to look at him. And she quickly wished she hadn?t. She could feel all the blood rushing out of her system, leaving her feeling vulnerable and defenseless. It wasn?t a feeling she relished.

Sabé struggled to say something, anything, really. She had a Queen to protect, and a job to do. She didn?t need long lost lovers upsetting her. She managed to pull on a straight face, stood a little taller, and stepped forward.

?I am Sabé, the Queen?s Head of Security. You must be the Jedi.? Sabé said smoothly.

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to say something, but changed his mind, and closed it. He then repeated this process multiple times. Sabé almost felt bad for deceiving the Jedi into believing that she no longer remembered him. Almost.

Obi-Wan swallowed, and nodded. ?I am Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. This is my Padawan Learner, Anakin Skywalker. We were sent here by the Jedi Council.?

Queen Amidala hadn?t been paying much attention to the Jedi. She knew it was rude, but she really had no interest in them. Until she heard that name. A name she couldn?t forget. She looked past the Master, to the apprentice, who had been gazing at his feet the whole time. Anakin? No! It couldn?t be him! ? could it? It had been ten years.

?Ani?? She cried out lamely. The Padwan looked up.

?Ani, is it really you?? She asked, stepping forward. It wasn?t until she got close that she realized how tall he had gotten.

Anakin looked at the Queen. She looked just as beautiful as he remembered, dressed in an orange gown that hinted red and pink when the light hit it just right. Her hair was not in one of it?s elaborate up-dos that were usual of Naboo Royalty. Instead, it was cascading down her back in loose curls, with ribbons, braids and jewels accenting the brown locks. Her face was unpainted, save for a red dot on either cheek, and the Scar of Remembrance upon her lips. She looked positively captivating.

?Yes, Your Highness, it is me.? Anakin answered.

The Handmaidens and Master Kenobi all stood watching the exchange, fascinated. No one dared interrupt. If the Queen wanted to have a reunion, than she would have a reunion. None of them were about to stop her.

?My, you certainly have grown.? Amidala exclaimed.

?Thank you, Padmé. You look just as beautiful as in my dreams, if not more so.?

The young Queen blushed at this complement. It pleased her that he would still refer to her as ?Padmé.? ?And Master Kenobi, how good to see you again.? Amidala stated, finally acknowledging the elder Jedi.

?Yes, it has been far too long, Your Highness.? Obi-Wan responded.

?Madaé, would you show the Jedi to their rooms?? Amidala asked one of her Handmaidens.

?Of course, Your Highness.? Madaé replied.

Amidala turned back to the Jedi. ?I?m sure that you have had a long journey, and would like some rest. I have other business to attend to, but my Handmaiden will show you where you are to stay. Sabé will be able to speak with you about security, after you have eaten and rested. ?

?Thank you, Your Highness.? Master Kenobi responded, and bowed. Anakin did the same.

?If you will excuse me, I will take my leave.? Amidala stated regally, and followed two of her Handmaidens out. Two others followed her, leaving the Jedi with Madaé and

9. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    I just want to thank you for doing this scene so much better than than Lucas did in the film. I'm looking forward to the next installment. :)

10. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    awwww [face_blush]thanks Jazzy Jedi. I think that's the best complement I've received all year!

11. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    This is really, really great, Asha. Can't wait for more posts :) .

12. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Taking the chance to shamelessly up my story by saying thanks BobaKoon! I love reviews!!

13. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ohh... I found it again. :)

Love this story- and I agree with JazzyJedi- you are handling this so much better than GL! :)

Can't wait for more... (subtle hint, eh? 8-})

14. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Lovely.
    More soon, right? Really soon?

15. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, a post :D

I'm so glad that you're doing this story Asha. Even though S/O is becoming more accepted, not a lot of authors are writing fics about this pair. So I'm thrilled to death to be reading yours 8-}

More soon I hope. I can't wait to find out what happened in the past between Sabe and Obi :confused:

shameless promotion:

Hey all, for those of you who want to read more S/O stuff, go to my site
    Whispers of the Force [face_love]

16. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    WOW great post.

More need mroe.

17. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    sheleigh: thanks! I'll write more when I get a chance! Don't expect anything too soon, because I'm buisy with working! But, at least by the end of this week, meaning Sunday.

Wild_Huntress: thanks! Like I said, I'll try to write more, but no promises!

It_ketch09: Thanks! Yeah, I've ben to your site, it's really good! It actually is what inspired me to turn this into an Obi/Sabe story! LOL!

Obi_Jedi: Awww thanks! I'll try to get on it ASAP, and have it for you guys soon!

ALL: I want your opinion; should I go right to the Obi/Sabe confrontation that I have planned for that evening, or should I do more about the day? Let me know!

18. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    up up up to the top

19. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    All right, guys, a new post! Here's a really angsty one for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan couldn?t sleep that night. Not to discredit the bed; it had to be the most comfortable one he had slept on in years, but he was restless. This wasn?t something new. Often times, at the Jedi Temple, he would go to the room of a thousand fountains to calm himself into sleep. Unfortunately this was Naboo, and none of its rooms had a thousand fountains.

Finally after much tossing, turning and meditating he crawled out of bed. He pulled on some robes, and padded quietly out of the room, looking for somewhere to go.

He walked down the halls trying to find something that would interest him, but nothing was found. He found himself walking up the stairs and roaming the halls of the second floor.

Suddenly he heard and felt someone else. It was vague, someone scaling the stairs in the direction of the Queen?s room. Obi-Wan didn?t sense any danger but decided to check it out anyway.

He climbed up the stairs, listening to the soft padding the other person?s footsteps were making. They continued up and up, and Obi-Wan noticed that they passed the floor that the Queen?s room was on. He decided that there was no harm in making sure, so he continued following the soft noise.

Just as he passed what he thought was the last floor he heard a door open and close, softly. However the person was still above him, so he continued up the stairs. Finally, two more flights of white marble up, he reached a set of double glass doors with some type of precious medal handles which lead to the rooftop. Obi-Wan pushed the doors open, and stepped into the night. They closed behind him.

The rooftop was cone shaped, with a walk way around the outside. A brick wall framed the wal, so no one would fall off. Obi-Wan began his trek around the circle, gazing up at the night sky as he did so.

The stars were beautiful from Naboo. The moon shone brightly at its peak position. Obi-Wan picked out Coruscant with his well-trained eyes, along with a couple other planets that were important to him.

He looked again where he was going, and found that he had reached the opposite side of the roof from the doors. There was a little box where three or four people could stand and look at the sky. Someone was already there.

Sabé.

?You always did have trouble sleeping.? She stated. Obi-Wan had forgotten that she had Jedi reflexes but her parents had not allowed her be trained. That comment reminded him.

?You always loved the night.? He responded, walking to stand next to her. He stood against the wall, putting his arms down on its flat surface and leaning on them.

?I never understood when you got the time to sleep.? Obi-Wan finished.

?During the day, when everyone else thought I was working. Especially once I became the CoS.? She responded. ?And you??

?I don?t sleep.? He retorted simply.

There was silence for a good long time, as the two gazed up at the night. Sabé mumbled something that Obi-Wan couldn?t hear.

?What was that?? He asked, looking over at her curiously.

?I said, maybe that?s why you?re so grumpy all the time.? She said, looking at him for the first time that night.

Obi-Wan snorted. ?Me? Grumpy? You?re the one they called the Ice Queen.? He teased.

?I had multiple reasons.? She pointed out. ?Besides, you didn?t think I was so cold.?

Obi-Wan didn?t say anything.

?How come you didn?t say good bye?? She asked bluntly, after there was more uncomfortable silence.

?Sabé, I?I couldn?t. After what you said to me? I couldn?t say anything. I was?afraid.? He responded.

?Still, I mean, you could have sent Ani to tell me, or even said something to Padmé. You broke my heart, you know that.? Sabé told him.

?I know, but I had just become a Jedi Knight and taken on a Padawan. Not to mention that it?s forbidden. Plus, Qui-Gon?s death affected me greatly.?

Sabé had a cold look on her face. ?My parents had just been killed, because your little negotiations with the Trade Federation failed. W

20. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    BTW: Thanks Obi_Jedi!!!

21. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    Wow! Obi and Sabé really have some issues here. Time for some catharsis and healing, I think! Who's going to help these two? :)

Great post!

22. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Thanks, Jazzy Jedi!

23. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan... I like the idea of Obi-Wan hating Anakin though. Its an idea I had never though of. Keep up the good work. :)

24. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Thanks, Jedi_Johnson!

25. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Spectacular, but so sad. :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.