main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Me" - an Obi angst about Qui-Gons death, years later. AU Obi/Sabe, A/A LookingForAnotherCo-Auth

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Asha, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    :eek: How sad! :(
    But written beautifully ;)

New post soon right? Right? Right?... :p

~*Heather*~

2. lt_ketch09

lt_ketch09 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Well someone has issues [face_devil]

Great post Asha

Hope for another one soon 8-}

3. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    ahh... that is... poor Obi-Wan!! :(

Asha that was marvelous! Very nice handle on the emotions.

More soon, right? ;)

4. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    WOW

great post.

poor Obi. Come here sweety and I'll give ya a hug.

*hugs obi then spot Sabe*

Why you little.

Wait must wait until next post.

Hurry please.

5. Asha

Asha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    I have three pages! Woo-hoo! Oh you guys have no idea how happy you make me! As you can all see I changed my icon...due to the fact that this was my favorite Padme outfit (even though it wasn't in the movie) besides the yellow and pink dress, which gets over used, and they didn't have it when I joined! So enough of my pointless ranting! Maybe a new post by the end of the week...Sunday being the end of the week for me. I'll try to get one up sooner, but no promises!

Wild_Huntress: I know it's so sad! But it gets better! And then it gets worse... :_| Hey, come on, it is a dark Obi story, so what do you expect?

Heather_Skywalker: Thank you! See above about new post!

It_ketch09:Yes he does have issues. Ones that hopefully Sabe can help him with!

sheleigh: Thank you! See above about new post!

OBI_JEDI: LOL! I'll get right on it!

Thanks guys!

6. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Hey guys, just wanted to take the time to shamelessly up my story, and let you know that I edited some mistakes I found in the posts, and have started on part five. Expect it soon, so long as I don't get writers block!

7. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    ugh you guys are soooo lucky! Two posts in two days! That's a record for me! LOL! Well, here it is! Short, but hopefully worth it!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Authors Note: I have made up some things in this post, so I?ll let you know how I saw them. A Nikah Tree is like a weeping willow, that bears a year round flower called a Layousa Rose. A Layousa Rose goes from being very dark pink on the outside, to being sort of creamy white on the inside, and takes the traditional form on a rose as we know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sabé didn?t cry as she ran away from Obi-Wan. She had long ago promised herself that she wouldn?t let this man make her cry. It was a difficult thing to avoid. She desperately wanted to, but her stubbornness wouldn?t allow it. She continued running, unaware of where she was going, now inside the palace walls. She found herself quite cold, and so decided on the warmest place in the palace - the green rooms.

She slowed her pace to a walk, realizing that running wasn?t going to help her either. She took a few turns, and descended a set of stairs. She walked down the halls, and took a few more turns. Finally she walked to the end of a hall, to another set of glass double doors.

She pushed the doors open, following them in to a large, glass, dome shaped room. It was warm inside, with thousands of lush plants and flowers growing. She walked through the simulated jungle, inhaling the many scents and touching the many textures. It was relaxing, and amazingly beautiful. Somehow, when it came to gardening, Sabé always felt at home.

She continued through, finding the little path she had made to her favorite spot of the garden. She walked down it, anticipating the quiet sound her favorite fountain made as the water flowed from one level to the next. Anticipating the shade her favorite Nikah Tree gave, from the ever present sun in the glass room. Anticipating her favorite, beautiful, pink Layousa Rose, and it?s wonderful smell. She couldn?t wait to be able to sit there alone, and forget everything that had just happened. She pushed aside the only branch that concealed her private spot, and stopped dead in her tracks.

Someone was all ready there.

In her spot.

Under her tree.

By her fountain.

Playing with one of her roses.

How dare they!

Sabé cleared her throat, and the man turned around. It was Anakin. Sabé let out a sigh of relief. For a moment she thought it might have been Obi-Wan. But he couldn?t have gotten there in time, she reasoned with herself.

?Hi, Sabé.? Anakin murmured.

?Hi, Anakin.? She responded. ?What are you doing??

?I couldn?t sleep, I slept all day today, there was no way I was sleeping tonight.? He explained. ?What about you??

Sabé laughed. ?I never sleep at night.? She explained. ?I love the night, so I sleep during the day. It?s a habit I formed when I was little, and it?s really quite difficult to break. Not that I really want to anyways. I like the quiet, not being bothered by other people. If it weren?t for the fact that Padmé and I are such good friends, I would have quit this job years ago and gone into hiding. That?s how much I dislike human interaction.?

?I see. I share the feeling, from time to time. Sometimes I just want to get away from all the Masters, and just think. But they push thinking into meditating, and that isn?t what I always want. Sometimes I just want to think. You know?? He responded.

?I do. Sometimes thinking is underestimated. Take Padmé for example. Over the past couple years, people have forgotten that she is a ruler, and have begun to think of her as just a symbol.? Sabé stated.

?Like the people behind the assassination attempts?? Anakin questioned.

?Exactly.? Sabé answered. ?They see a woman, a pretty woman at that, trying to make something of herself and they don?t like it. And then when she does something that could work against them, they especially don?t like it. So they try to stop it the only way they know

8. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    This is a really good story, that's what I think.

9. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    ::beams:: thank you Wild_Huntress! I actually wasn't too fond of it when I posted this part, I was afraid that it seemed like Sabe was changing emotions too quickly.

10. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    i like this...write more soon...please? *pouts*

11. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    Poor Obi and Sabe. :_| So sad.

Can't wait for more, though! UP!

12. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Just discovered this, it is excellent! More! More!

Sabe126

13. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hmm. I like it. :)

It would be interesting to see how Obi has managed to conceal his emotional state from the Council... but then again these are the folks who can't find a Sith all but sitting in their lap.

More, please.

14. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ohh.... nice, Asha.

Sabe didn't seem to switch emotions too often- and Anakin... was Anakin. :)

More soon, I hope! :)

15. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Thanks guys! I'll try to get more up soon!

Master_Comedy_Kitty:Thanks! I'll try!

BobaKoon:I know, it's so sad! Thanks! Thanks!

Sabe126:Glad to have you with us! Thanks!

Chaos_Rose:Thanks! LOL I know what you mean...

sheleigh: Thanks! ::sighs:: good. That was what I was afraid of.

Again, Thank you all!

16. Sabina_Sinistra

Sabina_Sinistra Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow! That was great! Simply great (*Sabina bows respectfully at the author*) You have to post more soon. Please, pretty Please with an Obi-Wan on top?
    It shocked me that Obi-Wan hated Anakin! But poor Ben! His suffering breaks my heart! :_| (*Sabina starts crying blows her nose with random Jedi tunic. Unfortunately for her she discovers it was Master Windu's and starts running for her life* ) Please, you have to post soon... Well, at least before Master Windu catches me! :D

17. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
  18. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Sabrina_Sinistra:Thanks! LOL! I'll try! Maybe this weekend!

oni-wannabe_1138:awww thanks!

19. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Great post.

Don't worry. You can make ani sound as boyish and ANNOYING as you like.

20. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Hey guys, new post for you! not really any fluff, just some stuff necessary for the rest of the story. Thanks OBI_JEDI! I apreciate it! Okay, on with the story!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Padme and Sabé sat on Padmé?s bed the next morning, talking about the upcoming ball, which was much to Padmé?s distaste. Balls were more Sabé?s thing. On some occasions, the young Queen could stand them, but that wasn?t often. They were one part of being Queen that she didn?t like.

?Remind me again why we?re having this ball.? She whined.

Sabé laughed. ?To celebrate the upcoming alliance between Naboo and Alderaan.?

?Oh yeah.? Padme grumbled. And then she groaned. ?Bail is going to be there, isn?t he??

It was a well known fact that the Prince of Alderaan believed himself to be head over heals in love with the Queen of Naboo. That was one of the reasons for the planet?s union. In fact, it was the main reason. The other reason was the prediction of the upcoming war, between the territories against the Anti-Slavery Reinforcement Act, and those territories for it. Another well known fact, to everyone except Bail, was that the young Amidala did not return his favor.

?You bet. He?s flying in tomorrow night.? Sabé responded.

Again Padme groaned.

Just then there was a knock on the door. ?Your Highness, it?s Madaé.? A voice called.

Sabé got up off the bed and opened the door. Madaé and the other Handmaidens walked in.

?Are you ready to dress, Your Highness?? Dormé asked.

The Queen nodded, her attitude changing from Padme to Amidala. ?Yes.? She answered.

Two hours of tugging, pulling and painting later, they had finished dressing the Queen in a spring green dress with a silver metal chain material lying over the skirt. Her face was back to the traditional white painting with the red dots, and the Scar of Remembrance. Her hair was down, with robes of braids and ribbons gathering at the back of her head and cascading down her back.

The Handmaidens began putting the makeup, brushes, and such away and then they all headed out. As they walked, Amidala spoke to her head Handmaiden. ?Sabé, I would appreciate it if you would invite the Jedi to breakfast with us.? She stated.

?Us?? Sabé asked.

?Yes. I would like you to join us as well. That way you can discuss security in my presence.? Amidala responded.

Sabé gritted her teeth. ?All right, I will join you in the dinning room.? She responded, and turned down a hall as the others continued their trek.

She had to ask me, didn?t she? Sabé thought. She just had to ask me.

Sabé walked down the halls to where the Jedi were staying. Why they had been put so far apart, not even she knew. She went up to Anakin?s room first, which was right next to the Queens. She knocked on the door, yet there was no answer.

That?s funny?I don?t scenes his presence, either. Maybe he?s with Ben? She thought, and headed for the older Jedi?s quarters. It had been conveniently placed by her Security office. She knocked on the door, and called for them to open up, but there was no one there.

Sabé frowned. Where could they be? She closed her eyes, and reached out with her untrained Force link to find Obi-Wan?s presence. He was close?so close that she should be able to find him. But where?

?Looking for us, Milady?? Asked a rough voice behind her. Sabé spun around, coming face to face with Master Kenobi and his breathless Padawan. They had obviously been working out.

?As a mater of fact, I was.? She replied. ?The Queen would like the two of you to join her for breakfast. I suggest you get cleaned up, quickly, and head down.? She responded.

?Thank you, Milady. We will be right down.? Obi-Wan responded.

Sabé gave a curt nod, turned on her heal, and left.

Ten minutes later the Jedi arrived at the dinning room. The Queen and her Handmaidens had been standing, talking, and waiting for breakfast to arrive. Anakin, against his Master?s protests, marched straight up to the Queen to speak with her. T

21. JazzyJedi

JazzyJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2000
    What a delightful new chapter in your story. I must admit, the new word made me smile. :)

Very interesting, and I hope to see more as soon as you're up to it.

22. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    Hehe, nibish is great. Nice dialogue during the breakfast. Can't wait for more :) .UP!

23. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Hmmm...*adds nibish to list of words* Right up at the top with vitarious and spinkter. Loved that post. *puppy eyes* More...please?!

24. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Good post! Nibish, love that word.... ;) UP!

25. Asha

Jul 4, 2002
    Oh I'm so glad you guys liked my word! In all honesty that is a word that I made up, and use in everyday life. I've even got some of my friends to say it! I don't know when I'll be able to post a new part, work is really ragging on me,so I don't have a lot of energy when I get home, but I'll see what I can come up with! I'm loving the feedback! I really apreciate it! Again, thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.