Not more Jedi...we have enough already in the NJO books

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by MikeSolo, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. MikeSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This post is about the fact that in the NJO books we're losing all of our non-force senstive heros. Where is the next Han Solo or Lando type character ?..ya know someone that doesn't need the force to make them great. All heros who are not force senstive are getting old in the NJO, like Han, Lando, Wedge, and even Gavin.
    Jag Fel or whatever his name is..is the cloesest young person that the NJO order has who is not a Jedi or force senstive.

All these Jedi are making me not like the NJO books. I like the Jedi but its nice to have someone like Han Solo, a guy who don't care about anyone but himself and only cares about making money but he becomes a hero.
    Also to have someone like Lando, a slick con man that knows how to dress and also becomes a Hero...I'm not seeing anything like this in the NJO...All I see are bunch of Jedi fighting these idiots ,aka Vong, from another galaxy.
  2. Raincloud Jedi Knight

star 5
    You have a point, but it is called the New Jedi Order. :p
  3. MikeSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes I know its called the New Jedi Order and I can't wait for it to be over maybe then we will see the next Han Solo or Lando or Wedge....this NJO is getting boring to me..the Young Han Solo adventures and Lando adventures are the best...No Jedi stuff in any of them. The heroes don't have light sabers or rely on some magic to win battles. Next to those two X-wing books are pretty good(Yes I know you have some pilots like Corran Horn and Tyria that have some Jedi abilities but the Jedi and Force is not the main heroes) You just have a bunch of really good soliders and pilots taking out the Empire.

The only parts I've liked so far in the this NJO was when Han went out on his own and went back to his smuggling buddies that was good not great just good because there was now Chewie or it would of been great.
    The other was when Mara and Anakin are on Dantoonie I think it was and Mara teaches Anakin to not always rely on the force to solve all his problems.
  4. Guinastasia Jedi Master

star 6
    I too prefer the non-Jedi, but I like the NJO. In the Enemy Lines, we get to see the Wraiths again-yay!-and Wedge is just kicking ass as usual.

And Corran is cool, as always.

5. Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight

star 5
    Up for you!

I agree. It's kind of annoying how everybody and thier brother suddenly has force potential. It's just getting rediculous. What's the use of Danni having force potenial? She's not even training to become a jedi so why not just keep her normal?
  6. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Hey Mike...Are you ignoring the pilots in the Wraith and Twin Suns squadrons? Admiral Kre'fay?

But we will be back to introducing new characters soon...there are only a handful of books remaining in the NJO. I believe. I think DW is the last of the HC books and that there are 6 scheduled PBs
  7. DVader316 Jedi Knight

star 7
    At first I thought that there were too many Jedi, but since there all getting killed I obviously dont feel the same.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.