main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not My Father's Son - A Luke AU - An unintentional epic - Updated 12/14/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    ooooo

This is good. Me likies.

Need more soon please! :D

2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    It just keeps getting better! Wow! I really do like this a lot.

?Why did you have to be my father?? he asked, once again feeling the cold jaws of the vice closing around his skull.

In the dream, Vader jerked back, as if the creature inside the dark armor had actually flinched at the words. ?Because I did at least one thing right,? the Dark Lord answered enigmatically.

Yep, brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful job and I love the interaction between Luke and Vader. =D=

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Excellent update. You did a good job getting inside Luke's head during his withdrawal. And Vader didn't seem quite so beyond redemption in this post.

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ohh. Poor Luke. Vader's really being... Vader, isn't he? [face_worried]

5. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Ack, I've missed not one but two fabulous updates!

MamaVader, these are just... so heart wrenching.

The Mara/Luke scne made me giggle like a school girl, Mara threatening his manhood [face_laugh]

And then you go and be all evil and show Vader thinks Luke is the only thing he did right, and... :_| the pain, the evilness of detoxification, and the... oh gosh, it was heart wrenching, painful and so poignant... :_|

Wonderful updates, so full of angst!

6. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Wow. I just...I'm more addicted to this than I've been to a fic for a really, really long time. I swear, I check three times a day to see if it's been updated. No need to tell you that I enjoyed the chapter. Write faster!! ;-)

7. LonelyJensaarai

LonelyJensaarai Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2006
    Thank you for feeding my newest addiction. :D

Keep up the good work.

8. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Wonderful. So bittersweet and angsty...I love it.

The L/V interaction was awesome, no less than to be expected from you. And I love your Vader - you have him down perfectly - Dark, yes, but with some remorse/regret and still capable of caring...

More soon?

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Quite an intense chapter. Luke is having quite a rough time of it. So poignant when Vader told Luke he is the one thing he did right.

Luke felt shame trickle through him, an unhappy trend. He did not want to feel ashamed anymore, he did not want to feel anything at all.

?That is something we have in common, my son,? Vader said softly.

Very interesting. ;)

Can't wait for more of this! :D

10. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Ok, just checking for an update....

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Aack! How did I miss this update for two days?

Poor Luke, that must have been awful... and then the medic calling him Lord! Is this conditioning already?

?You are my son,?
    I really like the fact that Vader seems to care about him!

Luke snorted and shook his head. ?At least I was only hurting myself.?

Vader?s head tilted. ?That?s not quite true now, is it??

Ouch! But I think Vader is right... did his disapearence not hurt Leia and probably Han?

And that last line... very deep. I wonder if Luke really caught it?

This was an excellent chapter!

I can't wait for more!

12. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Just came across this.... and I absolutely love it! :)

It will be interesting to see if they find out the truth about Leia.

Please PM me when you update!

13. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I think Luke needs a slap. Aunt Beru didn?t strike me as someone who?d have let him suffer alone, and Leia was there to comfort him in the immediate aftermath of his fight with his father. Of course if Luke remembers this and remembers them then he?ll remember how badly he has failed Leia and failed Beru?s memory.

Liked Vader saying that at least he did one thing right.

Poor Luke not being able to control his connection to the Force. Could be a good thing though as in his state of mind he might take the wrong thing from it, replace the comfort of alcohol with the comfort of the Force as he?d earlier replaced the comfort of the Force with the comfort of alcohol.

Then again from Luke?s comment it would be more of a concern that if he?d had the focus he?d have used sort of instinctive biofeedback to kill himself (healing trance, but deeper and deeper until heart stops).

I wonder if when Luke saw Vader?s blue eyes through the lenses he was reminded of the encounter in the cave on Dagobah.

Vader is a good daddy helping his little boy through this (even if it was his decision for Luke to have to go through it).

Silly Luke, why assume that his destiny is what Vader thinks it is.
    Of course if we assume Luke?s destiny is to redeem his father (thus destroying Darth Vader in the same way as Darth Vader had destroyed Anakin Skywalker) then Luke?s decision to run is a choice of Darkness. By his actions he has left his father in the Dark Side and left the Empire in control of the Galaxy.

(Though an alternate view is that redeeming his father at Endor would have been the darker choice since the fall of the Empire led to years of war and the death of millions (Byss destroyed by the Galaxy Gun, Carida destroyed by the Sun Crusher, the plague unleashed by Ysanne Isard on Coruscant? :p)

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ginchy Thank you for reading! :D

Kidan Next post will be up early next week.

Jade_Pilot I found it's very satisfying to write Luke and Vader interacting, even if it is hostile! ;)

Jedi-2B That's my Vader! [face_love]

PonyTricks At least he didn't chop off Luke's OTHER hand! :p

Jade_Max Thank you for reading! I hope you like what's coming next.

-Erela- I'm rewriting the next chapter. 8-}

LonelyJensaarai You're quite welcome, and thank YOU!

___Sithspawn___ Well, he IS my favorite character. I'm flattered you think I can portray him as he should be. [:D]

Gina Thank you for reading! :D I know this isn't your usual hang out!

Jade_Pilot About once a week would probably be a good bet. :p

mavjade Maybe not yet, he's still a little "foggy" but I think it's something he'll contemplate later. :D

jedi_princess18 I don't know, we'll have to see [face_whistling] And thanks for reading!

_JM_ Of course his Aunt loved him, and so did Owen, but I think Luke always felt so different from them that he felt a bit alone. And besides, he's wallowing right now. Skywalkers do that quite well, don't you think? [face_laugh]

15. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Wow...a Dark Luke fic that actually works. :D

Seriously, it's an intriguing premise, and one that might have happened in a different universe, given the state of affairs at the end of ESB. Certainly more likely than aligning oneself with the Clone Emperor.

Will keep checking in on this one. Thanks for posting it.

16. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    Very interesting fic! UP!

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    More, please? [face_praying]

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    leiamoody Thanks! I hope you like what's coming next. ;)

miranda82 Thanks! :D

Jade_Pilot Well, since you asked so nicely... [face_batting]

[b]Chapter 5[/b]

Luke knelt at his father?s side, his muscles tense and his expression wary. He felt very much as if he was turning his back on a hungry sand cat and it was a rather frightening sensation.

?Close your eyes,? Vader instructed.

Reluctantly, Luke obeyed, only a small sigh revealing his hesitation. Immediately, he felt the brush of an incredibly strong Force presence against his mind. For a moment, he was stunned at the sheer power of it. His father?s strength surpassed even his wildest imagination, and to have all of that power directed toward him was disturbing. Instinctively, he struggled against it, trying desperately to put up shields to fend off that powerful contact.

[i]Don?t fight me, Luke,[/i] Vader coaxed patiently.

Still the young man resisted, unable to prevent the instinctive reaction to shrink from his father?s dark presence. His father?s Force signature pulsed, and then no longer seemed to be battering at Luke?s mind, but extending a tendril of invitation to Luke, asking the young man to reach out. Unable to help himself, Luke reached out for his Vader. In his father?s presence, he could once more feel immersed in the Force. It was different from what Ben had introduced him to ? cool where Ben?s Force had been warm, darkened by shadows in a place Luke had only known light. But the essence of it, the [i]core[/i] of it, still welcomed Luke and beckoned him closer.

[i]That?s it?[/i] Vader encouraged as Luke reached out, and the Dark Lord closed the distance between them with a mental grasp. [i]Let me show you all the faces of the Force.[/i] Luke gave himself up to the cool currents. [i]It is your right, your heritage.[/i] The river upon which Luke floated moved more swiftly and he heard the roar of a distant waterfall. [i]Do not be afraid, Luke.[/i] The young man took a deep breath, sensing [i]something[/i]. The sound of water crashing over rocks grew closer. [i]Give yourself up to it.[/i]

Luke?s hands clenched where they rested on his knees and his breathing grew more rapid. [i]You?re fighting it,[/i] Vader admonished. [i]This is your birthright. Claim it.[/i]

The deafening crash of water tumbling over a cliff made Luke grimace. It was so close now! ?No?? he whispered, suddenly very afraid.

[i]It?s all right, Luke,[/i] his father soothed. Vader lured Luke ever closer to the edge, bringing him to the edge of the precipice. [i]You are not alone.[/i]

[i]I don?t want to go there.[/i] Luke sensed the shadows waiting for him.

[i]You?ll never be alone again,[/i] his father promised.

The words were unbearably tempting to Luke Skywalker, who felt he had been alone for an eternity. All he had ever wanted was to feel as if he belonged ? [i]somewhere[/i] to someone. No one else could understand what it was to touch the Force, or the thrill of manipulating it ? no one but his father.

[i]That?s it, Luke. We will explore the Force together.[/i]

?Together?? Luke repeated, suddenly tired of fighting his father. What was the use? What could one Force sensitive farmboy do against a Sith Lord? Nothing, that?s what he could do, absolutely nothing. Maybe he [i]had[/i] been born for this. Perhaps it was foolish and futile to struggle against his destiny. Just a glimpse of the shadow lands that beckoned, just a look, he promised himself. Luke sensed a surge of dark satisfaction from his father. He felt it through the bond that might have been there between them before Luke was even born.

Father and son, it was only natural for the father to instruct the son. [i]There is good in him,[/i] a voice whispered. Who? What? His mind reeling, Luke gave a soft cry of surrender and reached for his father through that undeniable bond and then they fell?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Luke opened his eyes, he saw his father. Lord Vader was sitting quietly, facing his son. ?It was?? Luke

19. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh, missed a few updates...but wow! =D=

Loved the description of Luke opening up to the Force and Mara....very interesting. I can understand her motivation and the plausibility of the reason she came to serve Vader. This is a great fic!

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wonderful chapter! =D=

So now Luke has had a taste of the Dark Side... you know strangely that makes part of me very sad, and another part of me kinda happy... I guess I'm conflicted, and I'm not really sure why!

I'm glad we now know why Mara is serving Vader... that was very smart of Vader to make that deal with her, she didn't interfear and now he has a 'hand'.

I also found it interesting Vader made it clear that Luke wasn't to get close to anyone, even Mara... has he had a vision of the future? [face_thinking]

:p

This just keeps getting better and better... I can't wait for more!

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It is nice to know why Mara is helping Vader. It makes sense.

I hope Luke continues to cling to the light and tries to follow the little voice that said there is good in him.

22. KrystinaSkywalker

KrystinaSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Wow! I really like this story! It's nice to see Luke really screwing his life up for once, having a very human reaction to Vader's revelation. And Mara's pefect! I think you've really captured her character well.

23. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *hops* Not getting close to anyone, eh, even Mara?

*chuckle* I can just see it, Mara ends up close to Luke by "accident" and they overthrow the evil Vader *snicker*

Kidding! Seriously, this was fabulous! I love Mara's rationale, her reasons. She obviously doesn't like them, but she is a survivalist after all ;)

Wonderful characterization all around! Great stuff, MamaVader!

24. LonelyJensaarai

LonelyJensaarai Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2006
    I wondered how you were going to explain Mara's alliegience to Vader considering how loyal she had been to Palpatine. I could actually see it working that way.

Thanks for the update. Keep up the good work.
    [:D]

25. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *snort*

Good luck with seeing that order be followed, Emp Vader. (Besides the fact they're always interested in one another...LOL) In fact, I think Emp Vader just sealed the deal--if you're told to stay away from someone you automatically want to be closer to them...

Wait a minute.

Unless that's what Emp Vader actually wants? [face_thinking]

Interesting...

Great update! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.