main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not My Father's Son - A Luke AU - An unintentional epic - Updated 12/14/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Still, now that everything she had longed for was in sight, she felt vaguely let down, as if her purpose had been snatched away and she had been left with nothing but -

Nothing but what?

Good question... :)

Glad to see this story updated!

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was glorious!!! Each scene overflowed with intense poignant emotions. :) I do hope they get back to Vader in time. [face_worried] The scene with Yoda was especially touching. :*

Bravo and huggles!!!!!

3. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    [face_shame_on_you] Evil evil cliffy

Thanks for the PM. I had just gotten through checking this story for updates. I never give up looking for them.

Just remember I'm sitting here hitting the refresh button waiting for the next chapter.[face_praying]

=D==D==D==D==D=

Poor Yoda :_|

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Great post as always, glad to see this updated again. I suspected Darth Daddy would be having health issues eventually.

Love it.

5. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Great post, Vadey! Keep this going, it's too good to not finish!

6. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Man oh man! Come back with a bang!

Oh dear first Yoda now Vader.....how will they endure?

7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update but way too short and evil cliff hanger more?

8. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    An update? Yay! [face_dancing]

Hopefully we won't have to wait six months for the next update this time? ;)

Kat, the very happy!

9. JediMike2372

JediMike2372 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Great post. I like the introspection of Vader. He seems to be comiming closer and closer to coming back to Anakin. But he can't die yet. As he said, there is still too much to be done.

Looking forward to more.

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
  11. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    *Gasp* A scare so soon! I hope Vader is ok, nice tribute to Yoda, sorta forcing ('scuse the pun) into a situation he probably doesn't want.

Cant wait for more!

12. InsaneIsta

InsaneIsta Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2008
    I stumbled upon this shortly after you last updated, and since then i have been hooked. PLEASE update. And could i be added to the PM list?

13. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I had nearly forgotten about this story! Great update, though it would be way too unfair to Luke if you killed off both Yoda and Vader in the same chapter. I know the galaxy, and the Jedi Order, are now in good hands, but still ...

14. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    The post was well worth the wait.[:D] I just do hope that Luke does not have to deal with the death of both Master Yoda and his father. It does make some sense though because the emergence of the Light and Dark could be repersented by the passing of Yoda(the Light) and Darth Vader(the Dark). Plus the merging of Luke and Mara. I could be reaching out too deep for this idea. Maybe Anakin felt the rip in the Force with Yoda's passing. I did notice a paraell(sp) with Mara's promise to Yoda about protecting and watching over Luke and her positin with Palpatine and then later Vader. Great job and thanks.@};-

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Allana_Djo_Solo How about today!? :p

Irish_Jedi_Jade What's this? Another update? :eek:

DarthVaderette Yes, I know. I've been very, very bad. :p I'm hoping to get the rest of this wrapped up soon. We're close!

Ocelotl_Nesto I almost gave up too!

Golden_Jedi And yet again! :eek:

Jade_eyes Well I hope you like this post. :)

Lea-El Here's another one. :D

Darth_Marrs Let's see...how about another update? :p

Jedi_Perigrine I hope you liked it!

jade51999 Let's find out.

JediFalcon I like cliffies! :D

Katarina42 Nope, just two weeks. ;)

JediMike2372 Not done yet, no.

Laine_Snowtrekker Thank you!

Jedi_Master_Cazz Pun excused! [face_laugh]

InsaneIsta Sure! I'd be happy to.

Jedi-2B But it would certainly make for an interesting chapter. :p

JEDIFLYSWATTER At least I didn't make you wait as long for THIS update!

[b]Chapter 51[/b]

Luke?s face was grim as he and Mara put their gear away in the ship and prepared to journey back to Naboo. He had tried to sense his father in the Force, but only troubling and ever fainter echoes had come back to him.

His father lived, but for how long he did not know. Beside him, Mara?s expression was inscrutable, though he sensed tension in the muscles of her shoulders. She had already lost one Master, and now another was struggling for his life. While Luke would lose a man he had come to know as his Father, Mara was facing the loss of the foundation of her existence. Even Luke could not replace the Emperor in Mara?s life.

She was, and always would be, the Emperor?s Hand.

As they lifted off from Dagobah, she turned to Luke and said softly, ?He?s calling for you.?

Startled, Luke spared her a glance as they cleared the atmosphere. ?You can hear him??

Mara shrugged. ?It?s one of my gifts,? she replied. ?Even your father does not fully understand it.? She closed her eyes for a long moment, and when she opened them again she hissed, ?We have to hurry.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leia had finally fallen asleep, a deep and dreamless sleep that somehow failed to refresh. It seemed only moments later that another round of knocking at her door made her sit up in annoyance. But Han?s voice on the other side of the door was not pleading, it was urgent?anxious.

[I]Well, if he thinks his poor, poor pitiful me act is going to get him in my bedroom, he?s got another thing coming![/I] She punched the pillow before heaving a sigh and sliding from between the sheets.

Self-consciously straightening her hair and wiping away the traces of tears from her cheeks, Leia stumbled to the door and opened it. ?What?? she demanded, glaring up at him.

?Come on,? Han said, tugging at her hand.

More annoyed than worried, she snatched her hand back. ?No way.?

Han heaved a sigh, running his fingers through his hair until it stuck up at odd angles. ?We don?t have time for games, Leia.?

It was the use of her name that made her stop and stare. Han hardly ever called her by her given name. Usually it was princess, or when he was being especially annoying, your highnessess, or any other of a dozen irritating nicknames that he had devised for her. ?What?s wrong?? she asked, already searching for some leggings. She had fallen asleep in an oversized shirt and it would serve. It was obvious that speed was called for - and where were her shoes?

Han?s hands closed around her arms and he turned her towards him. ?Leia?listen to me.?

?Is it Luke?? she asked fearfully.

Shaking his head impatiently, Han?s lips thinned. ?It?s your - it?s Vader.?

She blinked at him in shock. ?What do you mean?? Swallowing hard, she shook her head in bewilderment. ?He?s dead?? Even as she said the words, Leia wondered what they made her feel. Numb. Sorry. No, not that. She could never be sorry that Vader was dead.

?No, he?s not dead,? Han said, and in his words she heard ?not yet.?

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hmm... kind of ominous about Mara always having an Emperor-shaped hole in her existence...

And I hate that Vader is dying when he finally was starting to get his family back. But I think that's been coming for a long while. Great to see this one updated again! [:D]

17. JediMike2372

JediMike2372 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Liked this update. Looks like Leia is doing a little introspection.

She still disliked and mistrusted him, but Leia was finally able to admit that there was much about this man she did not yet know.

Maybe, in time and with great patience and understanding, they could come to some sort of truce.

The whole don't know what you got til it's gone saying comes to mind.

And Mara it seems just can't get past the fact that she won't always be the Emperor's Hand. She needs to. Of course she still has her loyalty to Vader, but first and foremost now is Luke.

Look forward to reading the next post.

18. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Her ability to pity and emphathize makes her different from the dark side.

Nicely done

19. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    ?Hello?father?.?

A more gut-wrenching statement couldn't have been said. Wonderful! What a real emotional rollercoaster you've constructed here, put together with love and care and superb ability. I love this story, you're doing a marvelous job. I'm very much looking forward to the next post. Keep up the super work! [:D]

I only hope Luke and Mara make it in time...

20. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007

?Hello?father?.?

Wow! hey thats a start! but what about luke and mara!!! love it as always, so beautifully done!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004

You write with such empathy and sensitivity for the complex tangle of emotions Leia's feeling. Excellently written and exquisitely moving.

[face_love]

@};-
    [:D]

22. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    :_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

Poor Leia I hope it's not to late for her and Vady to make peace. She will I suspect regret not coming to know Anakin.

Once again great writing and now the waiting starts for the next chapter.

=D==D==D==D==D=

Love the signature, good advise to live by.

You didn't say your baby boy was a giant. May the Force be with him.

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Sensing his vulnerability and need, Leia put aside her own reservations, her resentment of the Emperor, and looked for the core of Anakin Skywalker - Luke?s father - in the fragile man on the bed.

?Hello?father"

That's a gut wrenching sentence. I hope they make their peace. :( so sad :(

Sad but Wonderful update, can't wait for more [:D] =D= =D= =D= @};-

24. Sartorius

Sartorius Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2009
    Hi VaderLVR64, I have read some good Vader redemption stories before but this is a very good and interesting story. Please keep updating it since I would like to know what happens next. Thanks in advance!

25. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Someone was bitten by their muse recently. Great to see another post on this one! It's still my favorite fic on the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.