main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not My Father's Son - A Luke AU - An unintentional epic - Updated 12/14/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niju

Niju Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2009
    UP!
    UP!
    UP!
    UP!
    UP!
    UP!
    [face_praying]

2. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Sorry I haven't commented before, and good chapters! Glad to see these regularly updated. I like that Vader was able to show his family (and future in laws) that he is human and frail under the armor after all.

I also agree with Vader about Leia having his rage, while Luke gained his mother's compassion. That is the best reason why Luke should take over as Emperor.

Keep me on the PM list. =D=

3. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    ROTSFan, while I agree with you about Luke having Padme's compassion, another reason why he should take over as ruler from Vader is the fact that he broke with the Rebel Alliance some years ago, which would help many accept him as Emperor. Such people would find it hard to accept Leia, a recent former Rebel leader, as their ruler.

4. Niju

Mar 25, 2009
    UP! UP! UP!UP!UP! UP!
    UP! UP! UP! UP! UP!
    UP! UP! UP! UP! UP!
    UP! UP! UP!UP!UP! UP!
    UP! UP! UP!
    UP!UP!UP! UP! UP!
    Because if you don´t update soon i will get insane!!!

5. Niju

Mar 25, 2009
  6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Two new chapters loved them both [face_dancing] [:D] =D= Please don't leave it for too long [face_praying]

7. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    All I can say to this is...

IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME.

Hope you update soon.

EG

8. JediLuminaraUnduli

JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2008
    Woah~! I just went through and read all this.

At the moment, I'm way too stunned to say anything but this; that. was. AWESOME (for lack of a better word). [face_hypnotized]

=D= =D= =D= @};-

Really, really hope you update soon! [face_praying]

If you have a PM list, could you please add me to it? :)

-M

9. Darth_Malevolent7

Darth_Malevolent7 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2007
    Wow! I just read the story to date today. Fantastic story.

Please update soon.

10. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Just reread this. It's one of my absolute favorite stories. Can we please have some more soon? [face_praying]

Kat

11. Niju

Mar 25, 2009
    ohh please!
    :_|
    UUUUP!
    :_|[face_praying]:_|
    PLEASEE!!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Seconding all the upping posts above. This is still the gold standard for quintessential Luke/Vaderness :) And of course Mara's off the chain. :D

[face_dancing]

13. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    There must be an update for this...

UP UP UP UP UP UP

EG

14. EmeraldWings90

EmeraldWings90 Jedi Knight

Oct 23, 2009
    Aargh! Why couldn't you have shown that conversation between Vader and Luke & Mara? I wanna know! Course, we already figure that Luke is going to have to become Emperor, but what else are they going to do?

I found this story yesterday... non-stop reading (except for sleeping and eating and such) enabled me to read it by now. This is just incredible, VaderLVR. I absolutely love it. Thank you very much for the experience, and I hope you can put me on your PM list, too. :)

-Wings

15. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Have read this story through a couple of time and i think it i9s one of the best on this site. Absolutely love it.

I love the little twists on Luke, Mara and Vader. It just grabs you.

This last installment though, i am wondering why you haven't show much conversation between Vader, Mara and Luke,...but you did offer an outline of what is happening according to vader. So, Luke becomes EMperor eh? Only time will tell. Forward! I demand more.

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Niju DRL has been a real bear lately, but here's another chapter. :p And I'll add you to the PM list!

Jade_Pilot Thank you for reading. And your patience. ;)

Ocelotl_Nesto He wants and NEEDS a year, but who knows if he'll get it!

Lea-El That would be hilarious! [face_laugh] I can see Leia saying that! :p

JediMike2372 Luke doesn't like being told what to do. Period! :D

Darth_Marrs The ending is written. It's just getting there that's difficult! o_O

Jade_eyes Well, they're Skywalkers. It can't all be happy news! ;)

Jedi_Perigrine I know how busy things get! [face_laugh]

dm1 Sure! And thanks!

Jedi_Master_Cazz More revealed in the next chapter! Swear!

Lordban
    Well he isn't. Not really. But he's no Jedi either! :p

Laine_Snowtrekker I didn't MEAN to make it evil! [face_blush]

Ice1605 Sure! And thanks for reading.

jedimasterjsa This story isn't dead. It just like to rest every now and then. :D

JEDIFLYSWATTER I know how you feel! [face_laugh]

LittleMissNightsaber I'm editing the next post now!

RebelMom Of course, Leia is Skywalker stubborn!

_ThatJediScum_ I have plans for more Sabe. And yes, any time you influence the future, things get changed. :D

Kevin_Solo Wow! Your comments always make me feel great...and guilty! I promise to get the update posted ASAP!

ROTSFan Regularly? Not so much. [face_blush] But I've got to tweak the next post and I'll update this again. About time, huh?

JediFalcon Too late for a timely update, but it's coming!

EGKenobi Give me just a few hours! :p

JediLuminaraUnduli Sure will and thanks! [:D]

Darth_Malevolent7 Will do, and thanks!

Katarina42 Yes, VERY soon. And thank you!

Niju You got it!

Jade_eyes Thank you. [face_blush]

EmeraldWings90 More info in this update. Promise!

Phoenix5 Much more revealed in the upcoming update. I've just got to edit it and then it's ready to go!

[b]Chapter 54[/b]

Leia took a deep breath when Luke and Mara walked out of the Emperor?s room. Her brother looked pale and drawn, but determined. His hand was gripping Mara?s tightly.

?Luke?? she asked, moving forward with Han. Gingerly, she put her hands on Luke?s shoulders. ?Is he -??

?He?s still alive,? Luke replied grimly. ?I think sheer will power is all that?s keeping his heart beating.?

Han gave Luke a companionable pat on the back. ?Sorry to hear about that, kid.?

The younger man took a deep breath. ?Father?s resting now,? he said. ?But tomorrow, first thing in the morning, he wants you both here. He?s got something to tell you.? His blue eyes flashed toward Leia, who frowned at him.

?Why can?t he tell us tonight?? Leia demanded.

?He?s worn out,? Luke replied, his own exhaustion showing in his face and voice. ?Please, just let him rest tonight.?

Leia looked as if she was about to protest, but Han put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a slight squeeze. ?All right,? she muttered. Then she glanced at Mara. ?What?s wrong??

?Oh nothing,? Mara murmured. ?Nothing like a little peek into the future to end a very long day.?

Han and Leia frowned at her in confusion and Mara shook her head impatiently. ?Ignore me,? she instructed. ?I?m feeling a little put out.?

Luke laughed softly and lifted her hand to his lips as smoothly as any courtier. ?And with good reason,? he assured her. ?This will all look slightly better in the morning.?

With that, he gave his sister and Han a nod, and then drew Mara out the door, the Imperial guards falling into step behind them. Luke did not seem to take any notice of them, or find their presence unusual in any way.

Han quirked one brow at Leia as they watched the cloaks of the guards swaying as they marched smartly behind Luke and Mara.?I see what you mean,? he drawled. ?Since when did Luke

17. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Very good update, though you got to wonder how far you're going to take this? Is it only until Luke takes over and Vader dies? Or are you going to take it all the way through the war?

With how long this story already is I'd guess that you're only taking this until Vader dies with maybe an epilogue that says how the war went. Or the war is going to be saved for a sequel.

Anyway I'm going to patiently wait for the next chapter, and hopefully it's not another 8 months before you get to it. (not knocking you on your update speed, it's just a hope that the next chapter comes soon)

18. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Wow, that's actually pretty cool of Vader to be willing to endure so much pain in order to get the galaxy on the right track.
    And no fair not revealing what Han and Leia's futures are! ;) I wanted to see if there's would be pretty much the same as has happened, or if it will change like Luke and Mara's did.
    Great job! I really like this story.

19. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    I am SOOO glad to see this one update again. I wonder what fate the future holds for Han and Leia?

20. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    It does look like redemption... but will Leia negotiate a return of the Senate?

21. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    All i can say is...interesting!!! Small little tidbits of information here and there. You certainly are not giving everything away too soon, are you?

22. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    'Bout time you updated this. :D I love this plot line, I wish you great muse in its continuation. :) The characters you've created here are so real that even after a long absence, I still know who they were. Great job. :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely, superb update. It doesn't feel like there's been a break in the posting at all. The tone is so rich, the chemistry between H/L and L&M still so sweet and true. :D Love how things are coming together politically also. So far LOL

Thank you for the great read.

:)

24. EmeraldWings90

EmeraldWings90 Jedi Knight

Oct 23, 2009
    ?Something?s up. Something big.?

Course there is, Leia. What did you think? ;)

?But what if I disappoint him?? Luke asked. ?Even worse, what if I disappoint the galaxy??

So Luke to think this... you'll be fine. You won't be alone.

A reasonable assumption that they would need about a year for everyone to get used to the idea that Luke will become Emperor... otherwise, there would be many problems with succession. But... will Luke need to act similary, uh, stern like Vader, to ensure loyalty? Maybe that's another part he doesn't really like... Hope not. But really, accepting a new leader in the Empire can get very messy. Look at what went on after Palpatine's death in the original EU.

?Luke will face the enemy, but it is his daughter who will have told hold what is left of the Empire together.?

I guess that's partly because Luke will be leading the new Jedi Order by then? :) They are needed against the Yuuzhan Vong, too, and the Jedi need to be restored anyway, and it's Luke that has to do it...

We're in, what, about 13 ABY now, right? Hope the YV come a bit later here, or Luke and Mara's daughter won't be quite old enough to be Empress... :) But it is plausible that they will come later. I mean, they sent a lot of spies forward, right? If they find an Empire that is stronger than the New Republic was originally, they might take more time to prepare for the attack or something.

All in all, I enjoyed the chapter a lot, and thanks for the PM! :)

-Wings

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say... just what is Vader thinking? He really doesn't have to torture himself like that... :( Or maybe he does, if that's all that can keep him alive, but... :_|

25. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wow! So glad to see this story back! I can't wait for the next chapter! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.