main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not My Father's Son - A Luke AU - An unintentional epic - Updated 12/14/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Mar 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Luke is dreaming of Mustafar? :eek: That's not good.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    So is Obi-Wan reaching for Luke in his dreams? Oooh, and Vader knows about it.... eep! Vader is NOT going to be happy about that!

Loved the touch with Ben's lightsaber, and Mara's so great in this story. Good thing she left Luke's parts in-tact... [face_mischief]

*ahem* I mean, love Luke and Mara's interaction! ;)

Great chapter! =D=

3. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Awesome post! Haven't really been commenting much lately, but I've been keeping up. I really like the way this is going. Luke and Mara's interactions are great, and the scenes with Vader are always so chilling.

4. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Great story!

I love how you show the emotions of each character. You have a very interesting storyline going here. Your story is very interesting and wonderful to read. I look forward to further updates!

Excellent job! =D=

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    AAAaaaaahhhh! Update! I just love this story. Of course I am hoping Luke turns Vader and not the other way 'round. (And doesn't Mara find Luke just a little adorable...maybe?)

Great post! =D=

6. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I like that Luke is attracted to Mara for what he can sense of her in the Force, of how that bond is growing, even more than he is attracted to her because she is a hot redhead with a great figure and a nice smile (when she uses it). Of course given how many ?hot redheads? there are in SW this might not be as surprising. :p

Also liked Luke?s realisation that he is more concerned and curious about Vader?s respirator than intimidated. Aunt Beru brought him up nice, though even the old Jedi were encouraged to compassion.

Very interesting how Luke is sensing the confrontation on Mustafar, makes me wonder how his mind and his father?s might be resonating as they both slept and their defences weakened.

Liked Luke?s impulse to run away.

Glad that Mara gave him advice on how to speak to Vader, though Luke deserved another kick in the nuts for his attitude. I suppose that waiting for him to stop gasping and trying not to vomit would have caused an unacceptable delay though.

Good insight from Luke realising who the lightsaber had belonged to. Liked Vader saying it was a reminder rather than a trophy and how the reminder brought the Sith Lord persona that is Vader?s protection against the galaxy and his own feelings back to the forefront.

7. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    Luke's taking a nice walk on the blade's edge [face_worried]

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved it! :D

Luke's dream was eerie, and I liked the way Mara was giving him pointers about dealing with Vader, but of course, Luke HAD to get cocky again. :p

?So why am I here? You could ask Mara about my training, and obviously have,? Luke murmured. ?Why the sudden need to speak to me in person?? Luke winced when he heard the note of hurt in his own voice, and he knew his father would not fail to hear it as well. He did not want to be hurt by his father?s inattention, but he had waited for a father for so long, that any father seemed a gift of the Force ? even Darth Vader. Then he shuddered at the realization he was seeing Vader more and more as his father and less and less as the enemy. It was a disturbing trend.

I thought this was sad. It really expressed how much Luke had longed to know his father.

9. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Wow...I loved all the descriptions about Mara! Luke telling his father about dreaming could equal to be major trouble!! @};-

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Yikes! I missed two posts?

Mara hitting him in his "precious" parts was hilarious! [face_laugh] Poor Luke - that farmboy charm just doesn't work on someone as jaded as Jade ;)

As for the next post - wow... Luke dreaming of the final battle, and Vader taking an interest. I don't know what floors me more!

Awesome post, MamaVader, I eagerly await more!

11. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Well, it looks like Luke has his work cut out for him with Mara!

And he's going to get the father-son time he wanted! :p
    Although the conversation won't be a pleasant one...

12. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I can see that both Anakin and Luke are affecting each other. Neither will be the same, no matter what the outcome of their interactions are. I hope that the change is for the better.

Luke nees someone who could understand his pain and the burdens he carries. He found that in Mara, even though on the surface she is not so receptive of him. It will be a while before he can get through to her.

13. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Luke, somewhat fond of his parts, gave his solemn promise and Mara even helped him to his feet once the nausea passed and he felt capable of standing without passing out.

[face_laugh] I love your Luke.

Mara warning him to be honest with Vader - she doesn't appear to be as indifferent to him as she claims.

And the talk with Daddy... let's hope Luke comes clean about his dreams.

14. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Another excellent post. I really enjoyed all of it, from Luke's thoughts on Mara to his dreams. The glimpse of blue eyes behind the mask at the end was a very nice touch as well. For some reason, the allusion to Beru stood out for me too, passing though it was. I love the phrasing, the way that she gave him that compassion - sort of a reminder of the other legacy Luke was left, maybe not as clear as Vader's, but there nonetheless...

Great work as always. =D= :D

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Kidan I have no idea! [face_whistling]

mavjade Vader has changed a bit since Palpatine died. He?s not ?redeemed? but he?s not completely lost. Or IS he? :p

Golden_Jedi We?ll have to wait and see, won?t we? :D

ginchy You?ll see what comes of the dream discussion. It might not be what you expect! :p

-Erela- Lurkers are welcome! [:D] And thank you!

Jedi_of_Imladris It?s a weird story, I know. But fun to write because of that!

Jade_Pilot Well, who could completely resist the Farm Boy?!

_JM_ Vader is still a complicated guy. He?s not warm and fuzzy by any means, but he?s probably less likely to choke a guy because his pizza?s late. Well, I hope so anyway!

Feng_Huang He?s a Skywalker, what else can one expect! :p

Gina He?s still got a healthy dose of boy in him, and that Skywalker curiosity could prove dangerous! ;)

merijune Maybe, maybe not.

Jade_Max I think Vader is interested in almost anything to do with Luke. He?s spurred by the fact he?s Luke?s father, AND the fact that he wants Luke to be his sidekick. He?s been waiting for a long time for someone willing to rule the galaxy at his side! [face_laugh]

jedi_princess18 Mara wouldn?t be Mara if she gave in too easily!

StarFighter5 Yeah, she?s not easy to get close to! [face_batting]

JadeLotus We?ll see if he even has any choice in the matter of talking over his dreams with dear old Dad!

Knight_Aragorn
    Beru and Owen are a very important part of how Luke became the person he is, and I needed to include them here. :D

16. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    She is unique, a disquieting mixture of dark and light,

Love that description of Imperial-era Mara!! :cool: And Luke being drawn to her. [face_love]

Then she gave a small sigh. ?When you talk to Lord Vader??

It was disquieting to see Mara Jade so uncertain. ?When I talk to my father??? he prompted.

She hesitated a moment and then continued quietly. ?Never lie to him. He?ll know if you do. Don?t answer if you think you can?t, but don?t lie. Silence is better than not telling the truth.?

Listen to her, Luke! Daddy doesn?t like to be lied to?[face_worried]

Then he shuddered at the realization he was seeing Vader more and more as his father and less and less as the enemy. It was a disturbing trend.

The two stared at each other, Luke catching a glimpse of blue eyes as the light hit the mask that hid his father?s face. ?Tell me about your dreams, Luke.?

Twitters at the awesome L/V-ness, there!!! :D

I lurve this fic! =D=

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedi Trace Thank you. [face_blush] And lots more Luke/Vader in this chapter! ;)

[b]Chapter 9[/b]

Luke stiffened and looked at his father in shock. ?How do you know about my dreams?? he asked.

?Your shields still leave much to be desired, Luke,? the Dark Lord murmured with a hint of dry amusement in the mechanical voice. ?Come, let us get more comfortable before we delve any deeper into these dreams of yours.? Vader turned slightly, indicating a sitting area with two large chairs covered in black nerf hide.

Luke followed him reluctantly, feeling a need to sit down and gather his thoughts. Being in his father?s company had a strange effect on him, eliciting a response from him in the Force, yet it chilled him, too. His father aroused conflicting emotions in him, and Luke wondered if the day would ever come when he would make peace with his father?s identity ? [i]and[/i] what it would mean if he did. He sank down into the chair, which was surprisingly comfortable considering its stark design. Vader sat down as well, and for a moment, the two men merely faced one another.

?How do you know about my dreams?? Luke asked again.

?I feel them ? sense when you have them. I do not see details, but I know when you have them,? Vader answered. Then the huge shoulders moved in a shrug. ?It is not surprising. There is a?bond between us.?

?What sort of bond?? the younger man asked in a surly tone.

?Don?t be foolish, Luke,? his father chided. ?We are bound through the Force, and through our relationship as father and son.?

?My father was Anakin Skywalker,? Luke retorted. ?You call yourself Vader.? His eyes challenged the armored figure to refute that fact.

?I am what was left of Anakin Skywalker after Obi-Wan almost killed him on Mustafar,? Vader answered after a moment?s hesitation.

?So what ? and [i]who[/i] ? you are is Ben?s fault?? Luke asked skeptically.

A sigh that sounded remarkably like a hiss sounded from the dark mask. ?It?s nothing as simple as that,? Vader answered. ?I am the one responsible for becoming what you see before you.?

?That?s not what it sounded like,? Luke stubbornly pressed the point.

?Physically, this shell is what is left of your father,? Vader replied. ?The changes that came before?? he trailed off for a moment and Luke wished that he could see what expression might be on his father?s face. ?What came before was my own doing, I accept that now.?

Luke sat back and studied his father, looking for some hint of his father?s intentions. ?What do you want to know about my dreams?? he asked at last, his tone neutral.

?What do you dream? What does it make you feel?? the Dark Lord asked, leaning forward, clasping his big, gloved hands around each other.

?They make me afraid,? Luke answered bluntly.

He sensed rather than saw his father flinch back at that. ?Afraid? Afraid of what??

?Pain,? the younger man answered immediately. ?Agony?loss?? He shook his head, as if he could shake away the lingering emotions that the dreams evoked. ?You wouldn?t understand??

A harsh sound from his father drew Luke?s eyes. ?I would understand far better than you think, my boy. Do you think I merely woke up in this armor one day?? Once more, the light glinted off the dark mask, affording Luke the briefest glimpse of eyes that now appeared clenched shut. Then his father shifted and the moment was over. ?Go on,? Vader instructed.

?There are two dreams,? Luke continued. ?I usually have the first one, but the second one, that is the one I am truly afraid of.?

Vader was silent for a moment, and Luke could almost see his father weighing the direction in which he would take their conversation. ?Tell me about the first dream, the one you usually have.?

?It is of fire ? and it wants to consume me, destroy me,? Luke answered. ?I am dreaming of [i]your[/i] pain, father.?

Lord Vader seemed startled at Luke?s use of the word [i]father[/i], but he made no comment. ?Go on.?

?I am being chased by it, the fire that is,? the young man continued.

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Father and son, less-than-flesh hands touching, brought together in a vulnerable moment of suffering and curiosity and longing.

Holy Moly, what a sentence!!! =D= =D= How utterly perfect!

Great, excellent, wonderful chapter... loved Luke and Vader's talk on the dreams, and Luke wanting to know more of his mother. However, was he really reaching for Padme in these dreams, or for his lost twin? Hmmm.... Maybe both.

Great job with this story, I love it! :D

19. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Yewozers!

That was just... I think I'm speechless.

And Vader is going to talk about Padmé?! Oh wow, I can't wait for the next post!

20. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Wow! I think ginchy is right, there was another woman he lost that day...
    Amazing chapter, Master!:)

21. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Oh, that last part was so touching! Luke is well on his way to reaching his father after all.

Great update!

22. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    :_| ...wait, I'm okay now.

"Luke got to his feet as well and went to his father?s side. He reached out with the limb that had replaced the one his father took on Bespin, reached out with that construct of durasteel and synthflesh, and touched the black glove that hid his father?s own artificial hand. Father and son, less-than-flesh hands touching, brought together in a vulnerable moment of suffering and curiosity and longing."

Loved that part. You have Vader soooo down, girl. But then your name gives it away. I'm really hoping Luke can bring his father back to the light. Great chapter! =D=

23. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I loved the father/son interaction in this chapter.

I always thought it was a pity that Luke didn't get the chance to know his father in the OT. Dicussing Padme will help to heal both Luke and Vader, and maybe bring them closer together.

24. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Simply amazing. I like how Luke had the guts to ask questions, and Vader had the guts to answer, knowing they might lead to questions about Padme.

Can't wait to see what Vader tells Luke about her! :)

25. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked Luke wondering about what making peace with who his father was would mean.

Glad that Vader no longer blames Kenobi and knows the fault lies with himself. Seems that Vader has achieved a measure of self-knowledge (and without Luke needing to be in pain or death to shock him out of complacency).

Enjoyed Vader?s reaction to the idea that he wouldn?t understand pain and loss. Good insight by Luke to know that Anakin became Darth Vader before he became armour-bound.

Agree with Vader?s puzzlement about why Luke hadn?t been trained from a baby. Liked Vader telling Luke of the relationship between him and Uncle Owen. Also liked that Vader and Luke are so attuned that Vader could sense Luke thinking about reminding his father of what he had been.

Hurt? Understatement. Does show Vader in a better light though that he did not try to exploit Luke?s compassion, that he instead tried to warn Luke away from feeling his pain.

Liked Luke being able to speak in just as intimidating a manner as Vader, and show that when he cares enough to shake out of his apathy that he still has his core of durasteel.

Poor Vader though ?Vader remained stubbornly silent for a moment and then his shoulders slumped. ?She loved Anakin Skywalker too much,? he said quietly. ?He was not worthy of her love.? He turned and Luke felt his father?s gaze piercing into him. ?And she died because of him?because of me.? ?made me feel so sorry for the poor bugger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.