main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Not Myself (OWK/QGJ/OC's) - Complete - Replies, A/N, Links - 9/25/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    You updated! [face_dancing]

It appears we're getting somewhere - just not sure where yet.

2. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Hooray! First post! :D A lovely update which only served to up the tension. Grrr! *pulls at hair and runs in circles* Come on, Bek, when do we get to the climax? Ugh! Darn that sithly DRL! [face_whistling] Nothing like that ever happens to me...yeah, and if you believe that one... :D

Here's hoping you post again soon.

Edit: Well I didn't get first post after all. Valairy beat me to it! Oh well. Better luck next time.

3. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Chlee raised an eyebrow in question. "What makes you think we would leave anything unsaid?"

Reed rolled his eyes at the comment. "This is Kale Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn we're talking about. Since when does anyone accompanying them on a mission tell the Council everything?"

Chlee started to say something and then conceded, "Point taken."

[face_laugh]

I liked it that Yoda was lobbying for keeping Obi-Wan surrounded by friends his age. That's one thing that he truly missed out on, in the situation in which he grew up.

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Traest is certainly having a free time of it.o_O
    How long before they catch him.:oops:

Somehow I think Obi-Wan is going to do something stupid.[face_shame_on_you]

Thanks for updating.=D=

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    [face_dancing] Yes! An update! I always get so excited when I see one of my favorite stories has been updated. Incredible update...I'm not sure where to begin. Your ability to capture your readers and drag them into the plight of your characters is amazing. I hope Obi-Wan keeps his wits about him.[face_praying] Again my friend, wonderful job!

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    It sounds ominous that Obi-Wan is taking things into his own hands. He may think he knows what he is doing but he is still inexperienced in some things.

I liked the discussion about Obi-Wan and his Force use. Sounds like the Council may understand what he is and maybe take him into the Jedi. Maybe.

Good job.

7. charie

charie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Still loving your stories. Just no time to reply. Please continue soon.[face_love]

8. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Splendid update. Thanks for the PM. :)

9. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent post! Sorry about the late reply, DRL has been kinda nasty.[face_frustrated]

Again, loving the Kale/Obi-Wan interaction, especially how Kale is so worried for Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan's plan makes sense... but will it work in time before Obi-Wan gets himself killed? [face_worried]

Superb job! =D= Looking forward to more!

10. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    I share Kale's concern and hope Obi-Wan knows what he's doing. Before he's killed. [face_worried]

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    What a fantastic update! I'm always happy to read another post on this story. Okay, ANY story of yours! ;)

=D=

I can't wait to see what happens next!

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005

Valairy_Scot You updated!

Sorry about the length of time between posts. My muse hasn?t been cooperating lately, let alone wanting to write. :(

It appears we're getting somewhere - just not sure where yet.

Hopefully this chapter will shed some light on that. ;)

p_stotts A lovely update which only served to up the tension. Grrr! *pulls at hair and runs in circles* Come on, Bek, when do we get to the climax?

Sorry, not done with the set up just yet. :p Besides, this from the queen of cliffhangers. o_O

Here's hoping you post again soon.

I really do apologize for the length of time between posts; I haven?t had much luck writing lately and my time on the boards have been limited. I?ve been lurking lately, able to catch up on reading. I have a lot of replies to make.

ratna I liked it that Yoda was lobbying for keeping Obi-Wan surrounded by friends his age. That's one thing that he truly missed out on, in the situation in which he grew up.

Being around others his own age will be good for him. ;)

Gkilkenny Traest is certainly having a free time of it. How long before they catch him.

Don?t worry, he?s got a plan. But whether that plan will succeed is another story. [face_worried]

Somehow I think Obi-Wan is going to do something stupid.

He just might! :p

Thanks for updating.

You?re welcome!

jedidas3 Yes! An update! I always get so excited when I see one of my favorite stories has been updated. Incredible update...I'm not sure where to begin. Your ability to capture your readers and drag them into the plight of your characters is amazing. I hope Obi-Wan keeps his wits about him. Again my friend, wonderful job!

Thank you! You are always so kind in your replies and good for a person?s ego. ;)

dianethx It sounds ominous that Obi-Wan is taking things into his own hands. He may think he knows what he is doing but he is still inexperienced in some things.

Yes, he is inexperienced in some things, but experienced in others. ;)

I liked the discussion about Obi-Wan and his Force use. Sounds like the Council may understand what he is and maybe take him into the Jedi. Maybe.

They?re pondering it.

Good job.

Thank you! :)

charie Still loving your stories. Just no time to reply. Please continue soon.

I completely understand. :) I?m glad you?re still enjoying it.

Cole_Kenobi Splendid update. Thanks for the PM.

Thanks! And you?re welcome! :)

wolf_kenobi Excellent post! Sorry about the late reply, DRL has been kinda nasty.

Thanks, and don?t worry about it. I understand how life can snatch someone?s attention. :)

Again, loving the Kale/Obi-Wan interaction, especially how Kale is so worried for Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan's plan makes sense... but will it work in time before Obi-Wan gets himself killed?

I am very much enjoying the dynamic of Kale and Obi-Wan. :) As for Obi-Wan?s plan, we?ll see.

Itachi-Uchiha I share Kale's concern and hope Obi-Wan knows what he's doing. Before he's killed.

Gotta give the kid more credit! :)

VaderLVR64 What a fantastic update! I'm always happy to read another post on this story. Okay, ANY story of yours! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thanks! [face_blush] Next chapter coming right up! :)

Chapter 27

Jes paced the width of the living area. Qui-Gon and Kale were staying late at the archives, still in search of an escape clause that would allow Obi-Wan the option of stepping down as Governor. She walked over to the window and looked out one last time. Her nephew had left earlier with no explanation as to where he was going, just that he would return. She couldn?t help the dread she felt building within her chest. Walking back over to a small table near the sofa, she sat dow

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Happy dance, happy dance! An update and wow - oh, boy - I'm going to have to reread this for it all to sink in.

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    The plot thickens and Obi-Wan is in the middle.
    I can see his point about traest, but there must be an easier way to get rid of him.

Ummm[face_thinking] where's my lightsabre.[face_mischief]

Thanks for the update this is very good.=D=

15. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I know what you mean about those pesky muses! [face_frustrated]

But the update was WELL worth the wait! :D

Things are getting very complicated and I can't wait to see what happens next.

=D=

16. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Well worth the wait, my friend. =D=

More later when time permits!

17. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    [face_dancing] Thanks for the PM, Bek! Lovely update. Looks like Obi-Wan's not as clever as he thought. *shakes head* When will he learn that you can't outsneak a sneaky Jedi master. At least Kale and Qui have a heads up and can intervene if necessary. After all, I don't see Obi's father and master just letting the boy go off on his own with some hair-brained scheme.

I hope you update a little sooner next time. I'd practically forgotten all about this jewel of a story. Thanks for reminding me. :D

18. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    This was great. I loved how you upped the tension when Reed showed up. Obi-Wan is playing a dangerous game and one that could land him in big trouble, not just with the law by the Jedi as well. I just hope Qui and Kale watch him and keep him from making a horrible mistake.

I completely understand about writing semi-blocks. Mine seems to be hellish at the moment.

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Happy dance, happy dance! An update and wow - oh, boy - I'm going to have to reread this for it all to sink in.

I?m glad you enjoyed it! :)

Gkilkenny The plot thickens and Obi-Wan is in the middle. I can see his point about Traest, but there must be an easier way to get rid of him.

Not that he can think of at this moment. Besides, Kale?s stepping in to take care of things his way. ;)

Thanks for the update this is very good.

Thanks! I?m having fun with this fic. Especially since I found a way to get them all back to Coruscant, at least temporarily. :)

VaderLVR64 I know what you mean about those pesky muses!

They can be rather irritating.

But the update was WELL worth the wait!

Thank you! :)

Things are getting very complicated and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Obi-Wan may not like the outcome. :(

jedidas3 Well worth the wait, my friend.

Thanks! :)

p_stotts Thanks for the PM, Bek! Lovely update. Looks like Obi-Wan's not as clever as he thought. *shakes head* When will he learn that you can't out sneak a sneaky Jedi master. At least Kale and Qui have a heads up and can intervene if necessary. After all, I don't see Obi's father and master just letting the boy go off on his own with some hair-brained scheme.

He?s not actually trying to out sneak them; he just wants a head start! ;)

I hope you update a little sooner next time. I'd practically forgotten all about this jewel of a story. Thanks for reminding me.

I wish I could update frequently, I really do! But real life just isn?t allowing that and my writing time has been limited. I hope the infrequent posts don?t cause you to lose interest but if they do, I understand. :)

dianethx This was great. I loved how you upped the tension when Reed showed up. Obi-Wan is playing a dangerous game and one that could land him in big trouble, not just with the law by the Jedi as well. I just hope Qui and Kale watch him and keep him from making a horrible mistake.

They?ll look after him. :)

I completely understand about writing semi-blocks. Mine seems to be hellish at the moment.

Touché!

Last time on Not Myself: Traest accepted Obi-Wan?s plan for one last heist in exchange to leave the Kenobi/Bailer family in peace.

Chapter 28

As quiet as a mouse, Obi-Wan gathered what he would need and headed toward the front door, careful not to wake anyone or so he thought.

?So you?re going through with it??

With one hand on the door panel, he answered, ?This is the last time. I promise.?

Jes moved forward and placing her hand on her nephew?s shoulder, she spun him around. ?Are you out of your mind?!? she whispered fiercely. ?He will want more. He doesn?t understand the meaning of ?one last time.? You know this; you lived it!?

He carefully extracted himself from her grip. ?I know what I?m doing, Aunt Jes. And as much as I can?t believe I?m saying this?Nayt and Traest trained me well. I?ll be fine.?

She shook her head, wanting to make him see reason. ?You know how crazy he gets when he?s in the middle of a raid; he loses all common sense!?

He didn?t answer her accusations. His words were calm as were his features. ?Do me a favor? Don?t tell anyone until after I have a good head start.?

He turned to go but stopped when she slid her arms around his waist from behind. ?Be careful,? she whispered, knowing he would go through with this regardless of the arguments against it. She released him and stepped back. The reassuring smile he gave her in parting did nothing to alleviate her worry.

Obi-Wan steered the vehicle in the direction of the rendezvous. He was nervous, he could admit that. But what else could he do? He planned for the authorities to show up when they were on their way out. He didn?t want a repeat of Lladnar.

Traest met him at the appointed time. ?Like ole times, isn?t it??

?Not

20. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    You evil author you, you WOULD leave it THERE and make us WAIT for however much longer DRL keeps you hostage! UNFAIR!

But excellent update!

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm not sure what is going to happen. Kale cringes because he is about to disapoint Obi-Wan.[face_not_talking]
    Obi-Wan is hoping that Kale will trust him.[face_worried]
    Qui-Gon hasn't said much but surely he has an alternatice plano_O

The fireworks have been lit how long before they explode.:eek:

wonderful update.=D= Terrible cliff hanger[face_shame_on_you]

22. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    Come on, Kale! Have a little faith in your son. Do you think he'd proceed with his plan if he didn't trust you to act as he expected... or is Obi anticipating this very move from his father? Time will tell. *taps foot and points to watch* A short time, I'm sure. ;)

Don't worry about me losing interest, Bek. This story is too good to give up on. I suppose with the hustle and bustle of the season added to DRL, we won't see another post until January, but I can wait. Yeah... patience was never my virtue of choice. :D

Btw - I hope a couple of those stories you've been lurking about on are my two. [face_whistling]

23. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Back in the saddle, and with a vengeance! Great to see these updates.

Don't worry about recalcitrant Muses. I put them in the same category with death and taxes ...:(

Of course, you would leave us with a cliff-hanger .... [face_shame_on_you]

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    So you leave us THERE??? :eek: :oops:

Looking forward to the next update. Maybe I should have just waited to read THIS update so I could have read the next one at the same time. :p

Nevertheless, I'm glad I decided to frustrate myself and read now. :D

=D=

25. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, cliffhanger. I think Kale is doing the wise thing. Obi-Wan needs to know that he can't break the law even for revenge or to protect himself that way. I just hope that Obi realizes it in time.

Great job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.