main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Not Myself (OWK/QGJ/OC's) - Complete - Replies, A/N, Links - 9/25/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Okay, I finally get a break from DRL to catch up and you leave me hanging...that's evil![face_shame_on_you]

This plot is so wonderfully driven that I hang onto every word! Great job, my friend and please don't keep us waiting too long![face_praying]

2. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow! I only just found this fic, but I have to say, it is amazing!

I don't suppose that you could possibly add me to your PM list.

3. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Great updates. Of course I'm anxious about how Obi-Wan will take his father's actions. It could set back their relationship. Hopefully Qui-Gon will be able to do something.

4. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot You evil author you, you WOULD leave it THERE and make us WAIT for however much longer DRL keeps you hostage! UNFAIR!

I think I?ve been reading too many fics where the authors of such happened to leave us hanging. I guess it?s rubbed off on me. ;)

But excellent update!

Thank you! :)

Gkilkenny I'm not sure what is going to happen. Kale cringes because he is about to disappoint Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is hoping that Kale will trust him. Qui-Gon hasn't said much but surely he has an alternative plan.

Despite the conflicts he and his son have had, Kale doesn?t want to ruin the relationship they have formed thus far. And yet he knows, as a Jedi and as a father, what he needs to do about the current situation. But he also knows that Obi-Wan is not going to like it. :( And Kale does trust Obi-Wan, but he also knows a not so good idea when he sees it.

As for Qui-Gon, he?s going to follow Kale on this one even if he doesn?t agree. There is a boundary there that Qui-Gon is working hard not to overstep.

The fireworks have been lit how long before they explode.

It?s a really long fuse? :p

Wonderful update.

Thanks!

Terrible cliff hanger.

I?ve read and taken notes from some of the best author?s on these here boards. :p

p_stotts Come on, Kale! Have a little faith in your son. Do you think he'd proceed with his plan if he didn't trust you to act as he expected...or is Obi anticipating this very move from his father? Time will tell. *taps foot and points to watch* A short time, I'm sure.

Obi-Wan didn?t expect Kale and Qui-Gon, he expected the Nyve forces after the deed was done; however, he?s going along with it to see what happens. [face_worried]

Don't worry about me losing interest, Bek. This story is too good to give up on. I suppose with the hustle and bustle of the season added to DRL, we won't see another post until January, but I can wait. Yeah... patience was never my virtue of choice.

Thank you. And I?m hoping to figure out a regular posting schedule soon, right after I figure out a regular writing schedule. 8-}

Btw - I hope a couple of those stories you've been lurking about on are my two.

They are!

ratna Back in the saddle, and with a vengeance! Great to see these updates.
    Don't worry about recalcitrant Muses. I put them in the same category with death and taxes ... Of course, you would leave us with a cliff-hanger....

Thanks! And I honestly didn?t realize it ended in a cliffhanger until after I posted it. I was just happy to get it finished. :p

VaderLVR64 So you leave us THERE??? Looking forward to the next update. Maybe I should have just waited to read THIS update so I could have read the next one at the same time.

Umm, sorry? Thanks for reading! :D

Nevertheless, I'm glad I decided to frustrate myself and read now.

The next post is coming right up!

dianethx Ah, cliffhanger. I think Kale is doing the wise thing. Obi-Wan needs to know that he can't break the law even for revenge or to protect himself that way. I just hope that Obi realizes it in time.

Kale is doing what he feels is right even if Reed and Qui-Gon are having reservations about the way he?s doing it. Kale too is struggling with himself; does he behave as a Jedi or as a father?

Great job.

jedidas3 Okay, I finally get a break from DRL to catch up and you leave me hanging...that's evil!

But not intentional; it was actually accident. But then who doesn?t love a good cliff hanger now and again? :p

This plot is so wonderfully driven that I hang onto every word! Great job, my friend and please don't keep us waiting too long!

Thank you! You?re kind words are very much appreciated! :D

Lolly_Tolly Wow! I only just found this fic but I have to say, it is amazing!

I

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Ah man! Too short! Too short! But very good. :D I wonder what will happen to Obi-Wan now? And how does this change things for his grandmother's predicament? Can't wait to find out. Write, Bek! Write!

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh. Dear.

Broken trust does not sound good, not at all. You've got me on pins and needles awaiting resolution - please don't make me wait long.

BTW - early on it was mentioned that the man Obi killed was - what, family to a Senator? Coming back to Coruscant after committing another crime won't mean - the Senate claims jurisdiction will it? Was that a red herring or a real possibility?

7. Itachi-Uchiha

Jul 21, 2007
    I'm so relieved that Obi-Wan was able to calm himself and not let Traest goad him into doing something really stupid. [face_dancing] Great update!

8. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    The young man lifted himself up and was about to take a seat at the end of the table when Traest spoke, his voice raspy and dry, ?You?ll always be a murderer, kid. That?s one thing those kids and their mother will always remember you for.?

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Maybe?but unlike you, I plan to make amends.?

Perfect answer.

9. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow! Excellent chapter! Obi-Wan did bring this on himself, but I still feel sorry for him! I can't wait to see what happens on Coruscant.

Thanks for the PM!

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good action. I liked how the Jedi were able to capture them both. LOL on Obi using the mind trick to try and get what he wanted but it not working with Kale and Qui around. I also liked that Obi chose the light even though it would have been justice to kill that man. I only hope he gets justice somehow.

Well done.

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    ?I almost didn?t go in.? He looked at the man beside him. ?I almost called it off.?

?Why didn?t you??

?Because Kale said I could trust him. He said I could always trust him.?

Ah but can Kale trust you Obi-Wan. [face_thinking]

Wonderful post. Now I want to see what happens to Obi now and will his efforts to discredit Traest be worth it.
    be worth it.[face_worried]

=D=

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Maybe?but unlike you, I plan to make amends.?

That's our Obi-Wan. [face_love] =D=

13. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    I hope you know how much I love this story! You go, Obi! But I'm a little worried about how this will effect him down the road. Good thing he has his dad and Qui-Gon. Excellent job, my friend.

14. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    p_stotts I wonder what will happen to Obi-Wan now? And how does this change things for his grandmother's predicament?

Like any errant child, consequences await. [face_worried]

As for the Bailer providence?an agreement has been reached.

Valairy_Scot BTW - early on it was mentioned that the man Obi killed was - what, family to a Senator? Coming back to Coruscant after committing another crime won't mean - the Senate claims jurisdiction will it? Was that a red herring or a real possibility?

The Senate hasn?t yet caught wind of this little escapade. We?ll have to wait and see. [face_mischief]

Itachi-Uchiha I'm so relieved that Obi-Wan was able to calm himself and not let Traest goad him into doing something really stupid.

Me too! ;)

ratna It was the only answer he could give and still be Obi-Wan. :)

Lolly_Tolly Wow! Excellent chapter! Obi-Wan did bring this on himself, but I still feel sorry for him! I can't wait to see what happens on Coruscant.

Thanks. :) Obi-Wan has so far never had consequences for the things he?s had to do in order to survive under Nayt and Traest. He isn?t going to like this new parenting technique. ;)

dianethx Good action. I liked how the Jedi were able to capture them both. LOL on Obi using the mind trick to try and get what he wanted but it not working with Kale and Qui around. I also liked that Obi chose the light even though it would have been justice to kill that man. I only hope he gets justice somehow. Well done.

Thanks! :) They can?t really fault him for a skill they themselves taught him, now can they? :p

Gkilkenny Ah but can Kale trust you Obi-Wan. Wonderful post. Now I want to see what happens to Obi now and will his efforts to discredit Traest be worth it.

Trust is something they?ll both have to work to regain, which will not be written out so much as going on behind the scenes or mentioned. As for Traest?stay tuned. :)

VaderLVR64 Obi-Wan shook his head. ?Maybe?but unlike you, I plan to make amends.?

That's our Obi-Wan.

Darn right it is! :D

jedidas3 I hope you know how much I love this story! You go, Obi! But I'm a little worried about how this will affect him down the road. Good thing he has his dad and Qui-Gon. Excellent job, my friend.

Thanks! :) As for it affecting him, it just might in one way or another.

Chapter 30

?What are you reading?? Garen inquired as he sat down on the sofa.

Jes glanced briefly at her mother. ?It?s a book I found in my father?s office,? she quietly replied.

The Governess closed the book she was leafing through and set it on the arm of the chair. ?I don?t recall the outer casing of that one. Where did you find it??

?In the bottom drawer of his desk; the drawer had a false bottom. It seems to be a diary of sorts, written from the prospective of each generational Governor within our family line.?

Kana stood and walked over to sit down beside her daughter. Making sure that Jes?s place was marked, she took the book and began to flip through it. Catching her breath, she pointed to one of the pages she came to. ?This entry was written by your great grandfather. Surely your father would have wanted this tradition to be continued; why would he have hidden it??

?Perhaps he knew it would be discovered when the time was right.? Jes twisted in her seat to better face her mother. ?It may have been found sooner if you hadn?t of kept Dad?s office like a shrine. He created that space to be used and to be lived in, not shut away because of grief.?

?Have you discovered anything interesting so far?? Garen asked, trying to forego any arguments that may arise from their discussion.

?Every decision they ever made and every law ever ruled upon is recorded in this book. Along with each Governor?s personal struggle and private thoughts on what it meant to hold that position.? She took the book fro

15. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

?Are you ready to return to the Temple??

Obi-Wan shook his head, surprising his father. ?No,? his voice a hoarse whisper. ?I?m ready to go home.?

Kale half smiled and pulled the boy to his feet. Placing an arm around his son?s shoulders, he guided him away from the city jail.

Ahhhh, Obi-Wan has found home! [face_love]

But there's more to come.

16. Lolly_Tolly

Apr 12, 2008
    Those last couple of lines were awesome! I'm so glad Obi-Wan finally feels as though he might have a place to belong!

Thanks for the PM!

17. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Wonderful update, Bek! =D= I'm happy to see Obi-Wan and Kale coming to an understanding. Their relationship still might be shaky, but I think they're on the right track. Obi-Wan has hopefully learned an important lesson. Just because Kales allows him to suffer the consequences of his actions doesn't me he doesn't love him. Although, Obi-Wan has never had constructive discipline -- that he can remember, so of course he's confused.

Can't wait for more.

18. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    The ice that he built around his soul is cracking and the heat of love will eventually melt the ice.

Kale has to be strong and give Obi-Wan guidance, but rules are important too.

Wonderful post.=D=

19. jedidas3

Apr 25, 2007
    Yes! Obi finally realizes where his home is! Wonderfully done...I just hope you don't have something up your sleeve to set our dear boy back...

Great update, my friend!

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I think Kale did the right thing leaving Obi-Wan in jail for a few days. It wasn't like he was in danger, just needed to think about things. I liked that Obi seemed to go from furious to sad and back again. I also liked the speech that Kale gave him near the end, that he'd always love him no matter what.

Good job.

21. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Agh! -Bangs head on desk- How could I have missed so many posts??!! Stupid DRL... :mad:
    Anyway, excellent posts. =D=
    -Fingers crossed that Obi can find peace-
    Looking forward to more... assuming DRL will let me out long enough to read and reply. [face_frustrated]

22. Itachi-Uchiha

Jul 21, 2007
    ?You don?t say? Well who would you like me to be? The boy you and my mother cherished? The one Traest and Nayt raised or the one I?m in the process of trying to find? If you have the answer, please tell me because I don?t know who I am anymore.?

awww.. Poor Obi-Wan. This entire experience has to be confusing and difficult. I'm glad Kale and the other Jedi are trying to be patient and understanding. Great job once again! :)

23. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Oh, wow. I am extremely happy I got bored and ventured back into the realm of fanfiction of Star Wars. I've really enjoyed reading this story and this chapter was fabulous. Well done. Thank you for the PM.

24. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Author?s Note: I apologize for the wait between posts. February 2nd, my mother was in a car accident. And because the seat belt failed and released her mid crash, she suffered a fractured dislocated right shoulder and two fractures in her left ankle. And of course, her car was totaled. February 3rd she had surgery to correct these injuries. She has been non-weight bearing and home bound for the last month. She has not been able to use crutches to get around due to her shoulder; therefore, she?s been in a wheelchair. My sister-in-law stayed with us to help care for her the first two weeks but then needed to return home to her own family.

Four weeks later, my mother is doing much better. Her shoulder is no longer in a sling, though she still is not allowed to bear much weight upon it. The ?boot? she has on her ankle will come off in three more weeks and she will be able to begin using a walker as is comfortable for her, as well as starting physical therapy.

I have a post ready but will look over it this evening or tomorrow morning (Saturday) before posting. I have also been working on Life Beyond the Code and Strength to Begin Anew as time has allowed. For those who have been reading those two fics, the posts are not yet ready but will be soon.

Thank you all so much for hanging in there for this fic. I know the updates are farther apart that some would like (I can sympathize), but at this time it is the best I can do. I hope you understand. :)

Valairy_Scot Ahhhh, Obi-Wan has found home! But there's more to come.

He?s found home?now he just needs to learn endurance. ;)

Lolly_Tolly Those last couple of lines were awesome! I'm so glad Obi-Wan finally feels as though he might have a place to belong!

He?s finally tired of running. :)

Thanks for the PM!

You?re welcome!

p_stotts Wonderful update, Bek! I'm happy to see Obi-Wan and Kale coming to an understanding. Their relationship still might be shaky, but I think they're on the right track. Obi-Wan has hopefully learned an important lesson. Just because Kale allows him to suffer the consequences of his actions doesn't mean he doesn't love him. Although, Obi-Wan has never had constructive discipline -- that he can remember, so of course he's confused.

He?s figuring it out, slowly but surely. ;) And the more Kale remains stable in his discipline and the fact that he?s still there when all is said and done, more open Obi-Wan will become to his lessons.

Can't wait for more.

Sorry for the long wait. :( Just one more day or so.

Gkilkenny The ice that he built around his soul is cracking and the heat of love will eventually melt the ice. Kale has to be strong and give Obi-Wan guidance, but rules are important too.

And since rules are something he never had to live by, Obi-Wan is struggling to accept Kale?s authority.

Wonderful post.

Thanks! :)

jedidas3 Yes! Obi finally realizes where his home is! Wonderfully done...I just hope you don't have something up your sleeve to set our dear boy back...

There may be something he?ll need to confront. [face_mischief]

Great update, my friend!

dianethx I think Kale did the right thing leaving Obi-Wan in jail for a few days. It wasn't like he was in danger, just needed to think about things. I liked that Obi seemed to go from furious to sad and back again. I also liked the speech that Kale gave him near the end, that he'd always love him no matter what.

Obi-Wan is something at war with himself. Although he hated, with a passion, the way he was brought up under Traest and Nayt?s care, a part of him is having a difficult time accepting Kale?s authority and yet another part of him craves the stability it offers. I think he is just about to the point that he can put his past to rest?once and for all.

Good job.

Thank you! :) Any chance of an update for Betrayal? [face_praying]

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So sorry to hear about your mom and hope she is mending well. You know we'll be here waiting whenever you post!

Second, another superb udpate. It always is. Your characterization is beautiful. It always is. :p

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.