main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Not Myself (OWK/QGJ/OC's) - Complete - Replies, A/N, Links - 9/25/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?He?s got himself tuned in to the minute I enter atmosphere. I didn?t want to wake him.?

?Didn?t want to wake him or didn?t want to explain the mission?? Qui-Gon inquired gently.

Taking a deep breath, Kale shook his head. ?Maybe both.? He looked up at his friend, his eyes pleading for some kind of insight that would explain why the galaxy was the way it was.

?I understand the need for what we do. But I don?t understand how they think that we can do this time and again and have these events not permanently affect us.? Kale shook his head with disgust while wiping a hand over his face. Resting the limb on the table next to the cup encased in his other hand, he noted, ?Hebs can only do so much and then what? Has the Council even thought about that? What happens when one of us returns unrepairable due to the things we?ve seen or what we?ve had to do or become??

Qui-Gon nodded. This conversation was one they had had one too many times before, but this time the accusations were somewhat harsher than all the others. Qui-Gon knew his friend would work hard to bring himself and Reed out of the depths of misery and doubt that this assignment had instilled. If for no other reason that the two young men who needed him, Kale would once again rise above the self-reproach his undercover persona had inflicted on his heart.

Yet another gorgeous update! Hopefully I can be more timely in getting over here to read these posts. :D =D=

2. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Awww!Fabulous chapter! Loved seeing their unguarded moments as they both slept.

3. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    I only just found this story, but I have must say I love it so far

I don't suppose that you could possibly add me to your PM list.

4. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Author Note:

Hello everyone!

I wanted to see if there was someone who would be willing to look over the next post of this fic. I kinda need someone to bounce ideas off of; I know how I want this second part to go but am having trouble getting it started.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks!
    Bekah

Edit: I'm going to close this request off. I've had two volunteers that I'm going to take up on their offer. Thanks everyone! :)

5. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005

Hello everyone! :) After a lot of thought, I've decided to continue this story on another thread.

I want to thank all of you for taking the time out of your busy schedules to read this fic and for your wonderful encouraging replies. [:D]

The sequel is titled Stuck in Yesterday. I hope you enjoy it!

I will post replies to this last chapter soon.

Sincerely,
    Bekah

6. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    p_stotts Such poignant insight into how undercover missions affect Jedi. Good details!

Thanks! I started thinking that there was no way Kale could do these things and not have it affect him.

So Obi has decided to become a padawan. I wonder what compromises were made with the Council before he accepted?

The major one would have been in regard to attachment. ;)

About your dilemma on whether or not to end the story there. I agree that it's a good stopping point as long as you continue the story in a sequel. The unresolved plot threads need resolving. I assume you'll address the plot regarding the unnamed senator. *cough* Could that be Palpatine, by chance? Anyway, I'll certainly read any sequel you come up with! I'm looking forward to it.

The story has been continued in a sequel. Hope you enjoy it! :) And as for the Senator, no, definitely not Palpatine; I can?t see him as a kind uncle who cares for anyone.

Gkilkenny Very interesting that the senator is angry. Leads the way into a sequel. I'm happy that Obi-Wan decided to remain as a Jedi.

The young man?s wife may have forgiven Obi-Wan, but the Senator is less inclined to do so. [face_mischief]

I think he is at his best when within the Jedi Order. ;)

ratna Nice conclusion, or beginning ....

A new beginning. :)

Valairy_Scot I WONDERED when that Senator would show up again - oh boy, Obi better watch out.

He may need to be aware of this person. [face_whistling]

How poignant and heart wrenching an insight into the "evil" good men must sometimes do to bring down evil. Build too many compartments and one can easily justify future acts of cruelty; build too few, and suffer.

It?s a wonder that Kale hasn?t crossed that line. [face_mischief]

Just a wonderful chapter on some many levels - and Obi's a padawan!

Thanks, I?m glad you enjoyed it!

CelseteAntola Wonderful post!!

Thank you! :)

And, YAY! Obi-Wan decided to be a Jedi! I loved how you kept us hanging until Kale noticed the Padawan braid.

I thought it would be do drab to just come out and say it. It played out best with having Kale make the discovery. Besides, he deserved to know first. ;)

I concur with the previous comments- this is a good spot for an ending... or a beginning... I'll definitely be up to reading whatever comes next, seeing how we've got some unresloved plot threads hanging about.

Besides the Senator, what other unresolved plot threads do you see? I?m curious, because I?ve honestly forgotten about them. [face_worried]

charie Great post. I'm with you if you continue or start a sequel. The writing is always so great.

Thanks! [face_blush]

dianethx That was lovely. I really loved that Obi-Wan seems to be at peace with his choice. However, when he hears about his father's missions, he might not be so sure. Well done.

The problem may come when he gets one of his feelings and no one will listen to him. [face_whistling]

PrincessBrookSolo I loved it I'm still catching up

I hope you?re enjoying it; thanks for reading! :)

VaderLVR64 Yet another gorgeous update!

Your comments are really good for a person?s ego, you know that! :D Seriously, thank you for the kind words; they?re very encouraging!

Cole_Kenobi Awww!Fabulous chapter! Loved seeing their unguarded moments as they both slept.

Thanks! :) I thought that would be a good time for them to actually take inventory of one another, being that so much has changed since they were reunited.

littleobiwankenobi I only just found this story, but I have must say I love it so far. I don't suppose that you could possibly add me to your PM list.

I?m glad you?ve enjoyed it! And yes, I can add you to the PM list. :)

Author Note: Thank you all so much for a wonderful ride on Not Myself.[/b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.