main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Not Myself (OWK/QGJ/OC's) - Complete - Replies, A/N, Links - 9/25/9

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    jedidas3 Another riveting chapter! What a great surprise when I went on break and saw that there was an update. I really like how the trust is slowly coming back between father and son. Undoubtedly, this will be a long road and a difficult path for both of them. I think the trip will help them both.

This trip may not be the blessing Kale was hoping for. [face_worried]

Great job and I'm looking forward to more! (Hopefully really soon...please?)

Thank you! :)

Valairy_Scot I've been impatiently waiting for an update...and now we have one. I doubt Obi-Wan realizes it, but he has made tremendous strides forward. Not always appropriately but he is beginning to realize just what he needs to face and overcome - and that's half the battle.

He?s slowly beginning to realize that his life is not a dream he will awaken from. ;)

Gkilkenny Excellent chapter. It is good to see Obi-Wan and his father talking at length. I think they need to get away from the temple for a while.

The trip to Nyve may or may not be a blessing.

Well done.

Thanks! :)

VaderLVR64 Another amazing chapter!

dianethx Obi-Wan has made a lot of progress in the few weeks he's been there. He's had to deal with worthlessness and the feeling that no one wants/accepts him outside of a few people. It must be tough.

He?s been made to believe that all anyone would see was what Nayt and Traest made him to be. He?s starting to doubt what he?s been taught and that?s a good thing. And yet, sometimes, old habits are hard to break.

The teacher isn't helping at all. In fact, it's quite unethical for him to be doing that.I hope the Council finds out and reprimands him. He deserves to learn compassion.

Master Hebsley is ahead of you. :)

silverfighter This will be most interesting, to see what ends up happening on Nyve. I have come to find that one's gut instinct is normally correct, and since Obi-Wan's is telling him there's danger?.

Kale doesn?t doubt Obi-Wan?s gut feeling, but he also doesn?t want his son to run from that which scares him the most. He?s trying to teach Obi-Wan how to face his fears head on. :)

Good work! Thanks for the PM!

Thank you! And you?re welcome!

Itachi-Uchiha Nice update. It was interesting to see how Obi-Wan thinks. And particularly nice to see him and Kale engaging in a calm and open discussion.

Unfortunately, their world isn?t quite stable yet. [face_worried]

wolf_kenobi Excellent chapter! Very well done!

Thank you! I?m glad you enjoyed it! :)

2. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Chapter 17

Hebsley observed the youth while standing in front of a painting that snatched the young man?s interest the moment he saw it. Not brightly colored, the print encompassed the outside of the Jedi Temple with miniature figures traveling the steps to the main entrance. The lines were sharp, crisp and clear. The detail added depth to the structure that was lacking with a mere glance given by the average passerby. The artist had put much love and dedication into this piece. The figures on the steps were bathed in various shades of brown, their hands outstretched in greeting to the beings rushing to meet them. One particular corner of the staircase captured Obi-Wan?s intense scrutiny. A man clothed in Jedi robes looked longingly at a mother holding her infant, both secure in her husband?s loving embrace. Without conscious thought, he raised his hand and delicately traced the scene with the tips of his fingers. If he were allowed training, would that be his fate too?

?A credit for your thoughts.?

The youth didn?t avert his attention. ?Why are Jedi forbidden to have families??

Hebsley smiled, he had a feeling that was the direction the teen?s thoughts had drifted. ?It wasn?t always that way.? He gently took hold of the young man?s arm and guided him to a nearby bench, still in view of the canvas that fascinated him. ?Long ago, Jedi were not only allowed to have attachments, but they also trained more than one apprentice. The Order learned through trial and error that much darkness came out of such practices. Jealousy of one another turned padawan?s against their mentor?s as well as their Jedi brother or sister. The fear of loss caused many to turn to the dark side because they could not bear the thought of living without the ones they loved. Some went to extremes to protect that which was theirs.? Hebsley sighed while telling an abbreviated version of a history he had learned as a child. ?Over time, the Council implemented a plan to discard marriage and family. And masters were allowed to have only one apprentice at a time. Right or wrong, this has worked for many generations. Does that mean it will work indefinitely? Who knows? What the Council sees as not broken will not be fixed.?

The youth gestured to the art work in front of them. ?The people obviously have a view point on this restriction. Do they realize the social limitations they place on their children when giving them to the Jedi??

?Parents are informed of the Jedi?s expectations. Mainly that they will have no contact with the child until choosing day. When a padawan reaches a certain age, he or she is allowed to return home for a short period of time, during which the apprentice must decide whether to continue his or her training or remain with the family that gave them life. Once the decision is made, if the individual sides with the Jedi all ties are permanently cut.?

?And yet some choose to defy the Order and marry anyway.?

Hebsely chuckled. ?Yes, they do. And some are the better for it, especially with the results of the said union.?

Obi-Wan turned to look at the healer; his eyes were an open unguarded window to his thoughts, his shields lowered. The Jedi Healer was at a loss for words. For the first time since their meetings began, the youth was allowing the healer into his inner circle. He had finally won Obi-Wan?s trust; he made a vow to not betray it.

Looking away from that trusting gaze, Hebsley cleared his throat. There was another subject he needed to broach. Although it wasn?t professionally required to have the youth?s permission to proceed with the matter he was about to bring up, he wanted to honor the trust Obi-Wan had given him by asking for his consent. ?A matter has been brought to me that needs attention. But I want to discuss it with you first.?

Obi-Wan nodded for him to continue. ?I heard that Master Okleb has been teaching the Lladnar mission in the class that you attend.?

The youth?s gaze shifted to study the floor. ?How did you hear about that??

?Word gets around.? Hebsley reached out

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan turned to look at the healer; his eyes were an open unguarded window to his thoughts, his shields lowered. The Jedi Healer was at a loss for words. For the first time since their meetings began, the youth was allowing the healer into his inner circle. He had finally won Obi-Wan?s trust; he made a vow to not betray it.

Looking away from that trusting gaze, Hebsley cleared his throat. There was another subject he needed to broach. Although it wasn?t professionally required to have the youth?s permission to proceed with the matter he was about to bring up, he wanted to honor the trust Obi-Wan had given him by asking for his consent. ?A matter has been brought to me that needs attention. But I want to discuss it with you first.?

Obi-Wan nodded for him to continue. ?I heard that Master Okleb has been teaching the Lladnar mission in the class that you attend.?

The youth?s gaze shifted to study the floor. ?How did you hear about that??

?Word gets around.? Hebsley reached out to touch the teen?s arm. ?What he has done is unethical and needs to be brought to the attention of the Council. Not only is he teaching something that should not be spoken of while you sit in his class, but his personal agenda where you are concerned needs an overhaul. He is a Jedi and should behave like one. Passing personal judgment on any being is wrong, especially when one does not know the circumstances of one?s life. Will you allow me to speak to the Council? I can assure you this will remain confidential.?

?You said, ?word gets around?. How can you guarantee anonymity??

?I will speak of this with no one but Master Yoda and Master Windu. The two of them will proceed from there while taking care that it remains within the confines of council chambers.?

?What will happen to him if you report it??

?The Council will speak with him. He will be reprimanded for his behavior and possibly sent on goodwill missions in hopes of reactivating the compassion he has apparently lost.? The healer took hold of the young man?s chin and turned his face so their eyes met. ?It isn?t wrong for someone to learn the error of his ways.?

Not speaking, the youth nodded his consent.

Oh, I just [face_love] these two together.

But, boy oh boy, does Obi have to learn better reactions. He's darn lucky he's not in lock up for what he did to the security forces.

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Obi-Wan's instincts are not going to sit well with the Council if they find out. His first action was to point a blaster at someone and pull the trigger? Oh, dear. He needs to learn to be a Jedi again.

Great job with the action and the tension. Loved it.

5. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Whoa, looks like we're gonna get the family reunion from h*ll!:p

Actually, I love the way that you have juxtaposed the Light and Dark sides of BOTH the family way and the Jedi way:

a mother holding her infant, both secure in her husband's loving embrace

vs

"the CHECKPOINT"

devotion between Master and Padawan, in the service of others

vs

being forced to choose between birth family and Jedi family

In the end, I don't think it's the system or situation that leads to Light or Darkness, but what people bring to it. Maybe, Fear divides blessings, Love multiplies them?

I loved this little passage best of all:

A man clothed in Jedi robes looked longingly at a mother holding her infant, both secure in her husband's loving embrace. Without conscious thought, [Obi-Wan] raised his hand and delicately traced the scene with the tips of his fingers. If he were allowed training, would that be his fate too?

You shot me in the heart.@};-

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan might have gone about it the
    wrong way... but hey, he got resultso_O

That was great.=D=

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Incredible chapter. Loved this bit, wish it would have been true in canon:

?Parents are informed of the Jedi?s expectations. Mainly that they will have no contact with the child until choosing day. When a padawan reaches a certain age, he or she is allowed to return home for a short period of time, during which the apprentice must decide whether to continue his or her training or remain with the family that gave them life. Once the decision is made, if the individual sides with the Jedi all ties are permanently cut.?

A terrible choice, but a CHOICE. =D=

8. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Awesome, awesome chapter! Absolutely delighted to read it! I loved how you opened it with the picture and telling of the reasons why Jedi don't marry and form attachments. Great reasoning, ahah the mind-healer's character is growing on me, glad Obi-wan is so open with him now.

Oh the suspence was killing me slowly in the chapter! Just great writing, and pacing and just "feeling" Obi-wan's "bad feeling" lol. Loved his reaction, even though it was definatly the wrong reaction to the scene but he did it slighlty out of love and his fear of his father leaving him again. Kind of strange but not really, how Jes reacted, loved Kale's reaction, instead of being angry he calmy difused the situation. I'm excited to see what happens next! Thanks for the update and the PM!

9. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    ?They tried to take you away.? He attempted to look at the guard again but Kale held fast. ?You just found me; you promised not to leave.? Obi-Wan?s gaze hardened in anger. ?You promised you wouldn?t leave but you weren?t doing anything to stop them! I had to do something! I couldn?t?.?

Kale pulled Obi-Wan closer and touched their foreheads together. ?I don?t break promises, young one. One way or another that promise will be kept. But not like this, not the way Nayt taught you. Do you understand??

That section about broke my heart! :_|Poor Obi-Wan. He's come so far but still has a long road ahead of him. Great update. =D=

10. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Ouch. Bad move there Obi. [face_worried] This does not bode well for his recovery.
    Why does no one ever listen to bad feelings?

Great post! Loved the discussion about families.

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Confusion met Kale?s question. Obi-Wan?s eyes looked down and then rose again to meet his father?s. ?They tried to take you away.? He attempted to look at the guard again but Kale held fast. ?You just found me; you promised not to leave.? Obi-Wan?s gaze hardened in anger. ?You promised you wouldn?t leave but you weren?t doing anything to stop them! I had to do something! I couldn?t?.?

:_| How heartwrenching! What an intense post! You accuse me of reader torture? I believe that you also have a wonderful ability to do this as well! ;)

Anyway, this was an absolutely wonderful update! =D= Waiting patiently for the next update!

(Is it ready yet?)

12. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Ahha! I knew something would happen on Nyve. And seeing everyone get the same feelings about Nyve just confirmed my suspicion. It really caught me off guard when Obi-Wan attacked those guards like that. Even though it was rather sad and kinda horrifying that Obi-Wan could transform into such a different person almost, it was kinda cool how you described he did it.

At any rate, good update! :)

~Silverfighter

13. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Oh, I just [face_love] these two together.

Me too!

But, boy oh boy, does Obi have to learn better reactions. He's darn lucky he's not in lock up for what he did to the security forces.

He has yet to be taught what a better reaction may be. Something Kale and Qui-Gon will work to remedy. :) Obi-Wan is the last person the security forces would lock up, so to speak. Especially with his grandmother being the ruler of this particular area of the planet.

dianethx Obi-Wan's instincts are not going to sit well with the Council if they find out. His first action was to point a blaster at someone and pull the trigger? Oh, dear. He needs to learn to be a Jedi again.

The Council will have to hear of the incident to be unhappy about it. As for Obi-Wan learning to be a Jedi again?he wasn't raised as a Jedi and has no intimate knowledge of the Jedi ways, other than the very basic instruction he learned from his father the first ten years of his life.

Great job with the action and the tension. Loved it.

ratna Whoa, looks like we're gonna get the family reunion from h*ll!

Good possibility. [face_mischief]

In the end, I don't think it's the system or situation that leads to Light or Darkness, but what people bring to it. Maybe, Fear divides blessings, Love multiplies them?

I agree to an extent. It could work with the right people. Kale did manage to balance his duty as a Jedi with his responsibility to his family; although, at times it was difficult.

Gkilkenny Obi-Wan might have gone about it the wrong way... but hey, he got results .

That he did. ;)

VaderLVR64 Wow! Incredible chapter. Loved this bit, wish it would have been true in canon:

A terrible choice, but a CHOICE.

Thanks! :) Sometimes I think we should just make amendments to certain parts of the Star Wars universe and vote them in as cannon. :p

Cole_Kenobi Awesome, awesome chapter! Absolutely delighted to read it! I loved how you opened it with the picture and telling of the reasons why Jedi don't marry and form attachments. Great reasoning, ahah the mind-healer's character is growing on me, glad Obi-wan is so open with him now.

Thank you for your kind words, I?m glad you're enjoying this as much I am enjoying writing it! :)

Coming up with plausible reasons as to why attachment is not allowed is a trying task since I don't quite understand it myself. [face_thinking] And, the readers usually have their own take on the matter.

Oh the suspense was killing me slowly in the chapter! Just great writing, and pacing and just "feeling" Obi-wan's "bad feeling" lol. Loved his reaction, even though it was definitely the wrong reaction to the scene but he did it slightly out of love and his fear of his father leaving him again. Kind of strange but not really, how Jes reacted, loved Kale's reaction, instead of being angry he calmly diffused the situation. I'm excited to see what happens next! Thanks for the update and the PM!

Again, thank you for your kind words. [face_blush] Obi-Wan's reaction is based on years of learning how to react to certain threats based on his uncle's ideals. He will need to be taught that there are alternatives to fighting. ;) And Jes lived in the same circumstances as her nephew, so his reactions would not phase her in the least.

Itachi-Uchiha Poor Obi-Wan. He's come so far but still has a long road ahead of him. Great update.

He's getting th

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Bad grandma - but perhaps understandable. I hope she comes to realize she wants what is best for Obi-Wan, not here (well, assuming this is true). :p

?Will you always find me??

She pulled back and looked him in the eye, the seriousness of his voice having caught her attention. Meeting him gaze to gaze, she assured him, ?No matter where you are, I will always find you.?

He laughed and reached up to tweak her nose. She shrieked with mock displeasure before leaning forward and rubbing her nose against his. ?Love you, mama.?

?And I you, little one.?

Obi-Wan walked over to the sleep cot and sat down on the soft material, his eyes drawn to the model spaceships hovering about his old ceiling. She had promised to find him, but she was gone. Who would find him now? Who would brave the storm to find him if he didn?t know himself where he was?

A strong hand came to rest on his shoulder as the mattress sank down with the weight that sat next to him. ?I?ll find you,? a deep voice rumbled near his ear.

The teen?s hand came up to grasp the one holding onto him. ?She?s gone.? He whispered. ?She?s really gone.?

Kale swallowed a sudden rise of emotion before speaking. ?You?re still here,? he said, profoundly thankful that he hadn?t lost them both. ?She lives on in you.? Not knowing what else to say, Kale pulled the young man against his side, tightening his hold around the boy's shoulders.

I loved how this tied in to - and Obi-Wan heard:

Taking a deep breath, he whispered to an empty room, "I'll always find you, son." He was unaware of the young man who stood just outside the door.

One reason I like this story so much is because your characters are real - they are flawed, yes, and that makes them human.

I hope you know I wait with bated breath for updates.

15. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Awww, I love Kale's words to Obi-wan, kind of leaves you with those warm mushy feelings. Hehe, got to love that. I love how you went into detial with the characters and had a thorough explanations, it really puts the gravity into the situation.

I realistically don't think Obi-wan will leave his father, so I'm sure their is a hair rasining adventure soon to follow. Ahah.

Splendid update, I truly love getting an update for this story, thank you so much!

16. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Poor Obi-Wan!

Going home is always such a perilous journey.

You're writing it beautifully.

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Your writing is amazing,=D= and you pull the reader (Me) in so well.
    I think Granma is in for a surprise, and yet I understand her thoughts.
    She lost her daughter and her grandchild. However, she will not get him back by force.[face_not_talking]

I think their first meeting will be a clash of powers.o_O

18. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome fic.

Just finished reading it in one sitting. You seem to have a way of hooking me in to your fics Bek ;)

Please PM me when you update this :)

EG

19. wolf_kenobi

wolf_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2007
    Excellent. =D=

Jes was able to deal reasonably with what Obi-Wan did, which is very good. Her explanation of why he behaved as he did made perfect sense. I can only hope that Kale can come to understand it and help Obi-Wan change.[face_praying]
    Kale's going to defy the council... shocking, truly shocking.:p[face_laugh]

I can't say that I'm particularly fond of Obi's grandmother. :p She has made a serious effort to get her hands on him, and doesn't seem willing to acknowledge that it may not be the best thing for him. At least Kale is determined to make this Obi-Wan's choice.

The flashback and the moment with Obi-Wan and Kale was very sweet. [:D]

I like how Kale made it clear to Obi-Wan that running away wasn't the answer. Also how he emphasized that this would be Obi-Wan's choice and that he would support him regardless was something that I think will be really important to Obi-Wan, seeing how much he has wanted a say in what happens in his life.
    Interesting... I'm assuming the young man is Reed?

Eager for the next post as always!

20. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I was so excited to get on the boards this morning and find an update! [face_dancing] What a fantastic update it was. I'm not real happy with Obi's grandmother, in fact, dark sided thoughts are running through my mind. [face_devil]

Anyway, I loved the scene between Obi and Kale;[face_love] it was so beautifully written, clearly showing the trust that is developing between the two. They have a difficult path ahead of them and will definitly need each other.

Once again, excellent post! =D= I'm ready for the next one...:D

21. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    When he reached the other side, small slender hands grasped hold of his and pulled him out. A lyrical laugh and bright eyes met his as he was pulled up into a gentle hug. He wrapped his arms around her neck and buried his head in her shoulder. ?Mama??

?Yes??

?Will you always find me??

She pulled back and looked him in the eye, the seriousness of his voice having caught her attention. Meeting him gaze to gaze, she assured him, ?No matter where you are, I will always find you.?

He laughed and reached up to tweak her nose. She shrieked with mock displeasure before leaning forward and rubbing her nose against his. ?Love you, mama.?

?And I you, little one.?

Obi-Wan walked over to the sleep cot and sat down on the soft material, his eyes drawn to the model spaceships hovering about his old ceiling. She had promised to find him, but she was gone. Who would find him now? Who would brave the storm to find him if he didn?t know himself where he was?

Absolutely beautiful! :_| =D=

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I loved Kale's words to Obi-Wan at the end. The thing Kale shared with his wife. Very sad and poignant.

Loved this.

When the speeder slowed, Jes looked out the window to see that they had arrived at their destination. Reaching over, she placed a hand over his. ?Unfortunately we don?t have time to continue this discussion. But my personal advice would be to go against the council and be the father he needs regardless of their restrictions. Teach him how to live an honest and moral life.?

I think Obi-Wan's grandmother is going to find out just how tough and stubborn Obi can be. She may think she has the upper hand but she's wrong.

Great job.

23. silverfighter

silverfighter Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 28, 2007
    Some grandmother. But I'm wondering if there is method to her madness asides from gaining a new king for the planet and being utterly selfish? :p I wonder how she will react if Obi-Wan choose to stay with his father. It could be rather messy.

How strange it must be, walking through one's house for the first time in multiple years. He seemed to handle it rather well, asides from that one memory blip. That was so sad, putting myself into his shoes, feeling what he felt. You described his character really well.

The teen nodded and left the room. Kale stared at the fighter planes suspended in the air above him. Taking a deep breath, he whispered to an empty room, "I'll always find you, son." He was unaware of the young man who stood just outside the door.

Oh good, now Obi-Wan can really start seeing that Kale is really what he says he is, and then (if Obi-Wan decides to stay with his father) perhaps Obi-Wan will allow Kale to come back into his life fully.

Wonderful update! :D Thanks for the PM! [face_peace]

~Silverfighter

24. Itachi-Uchiha

Itachi-Uchiha Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2007
    Excellent update. I respect Kale for allowing Obi-Wan to decide what path his life will take. It has to be difficult knowing he might have to let Obi-Wan go so soon after being reunited him. :_| Something tells me that grandma won't give up easily. [face_worried]

25. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Bad grandma - but perhaps understandable. I hope she comes to realize she wants what is best for Obi-Wan, not her (well, assuming this is true).

She does want what is best for her grandson, but she also has another reason.

One reason I like this story so much is because your characters are real - they are flawed, yes, and that makes them human.

Thank you! I am very much enjoying the process of developing them. :)

I just hope the pace of the story hasn?t passed its prime, there?s still a bit more to go. [face_worried]

I hope you know I wait with bated breath for updates.

You are really good for a person?s confidence, you know that. Thank you so much. [face_blush] I hope you know the feeling is mutual!

Cole_Kenobi Awww, I love Kale's words to Obi-wan, kind of leaves you with those warm mushy feelings. Hehe, got to love that. I love how you went into detail with the characters and thorough explanations, it really puts the gravity into the situation.

Thanks. Sometimes I worry the characters are made out to be a bit long winded. But then again, what the characters are thinking and feeling are really important to me to get across to the reader.

I realistically don't think Obi-wan will leave his father, so I'm sure there is a hair raising adventure soon to follow. Ahah.

Obi-Wan isn?t sure what he?s going to do as of yet. He does want to remain with his father, but he also wants to reconnect with his past.

Splendid update, I truly love getting an update for this story, thank you so much!

You?re welcome. Thank you for reading! :)

ratna Poor Obi-Wan! Going home is always such a perilous journey.

Especially for one who separates his past from his present as two entirely different lifetimes. :(

You're writing it beautifully.

Gkilkenny Your writing is amazing, and you pull the reader (Me) in so well.

Thanks! [face_blush] Your kind words are appreciated!

I think Granma is in for a surprise, and yet I understand her thoughts. She lost her daughter and her grandchild. However, she will not get him back by force.

You?re right, if the grandma uses force she will lose him for good.

I think their first meeting will be a clash of powers.

Some ground rules may be in order. ;)

EGKenobi Awesome fic.

Just finished reading it in one sitting. You seem to have a way of hooking me in to your fics Bek.

I?m glad you are enjoying it! It?s definitely been a joy to write.

Please PM me when you update this

Sure thing!

wolf_kenobi Excellent.

Jes was able to deal reasonably with what Obi-Wan did, which is very good. Her explanation of why he behaved as he did made perfect sense. I can only hope that Kale can come to understand it and help Obi-Wan change.

Kale's going to defy the council... shocking, truly shocking.

Shocking, but then look who one of his best friends are?Qui-Gon Jinn. He learned from the best. :D

I can't say that I'm particularly fond of Obi's grandmother. She has made a serious effort to get her hands on him, and doesn't seem willing to acknowledge that it may not be the best thing for him. At least Kale is determined to make this Obi-Wan's choice.

The grandmother?s preoccupation with obtaining custody will become apparent soon.

I like how Kale made it clear to Obi-Wan that running away wasn't the answer. Also how he emphasized that this would be Obi-Wan's choice and that he would support him regardless was something that I think will be really important to Obi-Wan, seeing how much he has wanted a say in what happens in his life.

Kale is unknowingly proving himself to his son with each step they take in their interactions with one another. However, Obi-Wan is still battling his need to keep everyone at arms length.

Interesting... I'm assuming the young

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.