main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Of This Fold" (K/J/Z) -- Chapter 18 up 14 June!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    yay!! *dances*

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm TRYING to write an update! All I can think about is Legolas. Curse you, Peter Jackson!

Dana

3. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I say curse Orlando Bloom, manish woman that he is! Write an update! or I'll hurt you... :p Yes... I will say Jag to you!

JAg
    JAG
    Jag!!!!!

now post!

~EBW

4. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I can't! My plotbunny ran away! I'm trying! I've just got so many other plotbunnies to feed . . . Really, they breed like rabbits!

Dana

5. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
  6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Ha ha ha!!! Finally!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

Kyp stared at Jaina, who was looking at him imperiously. He sighed. "Fine! But you're going to pay for this!"

She just eyed him, looking decidedly smug. She crossed her arms under her breasts and tapped her foot impatiently.

He looked at her for a moment longer, then turned and went back into his bedroom.

Jaina sat on the sofa and crossed her legs, picking up her datapad and skimming through it while she waited for Kyp to come out. She was halfway through a report when the door opened behind her and Kyp emerged.

She turned in her seat and looked at him. Then she grinned. "Perfect!"

Kyp squirmed uncomfortably. "I'd much rather wear my flight suit," he grumbled.

"If I have to dress up for this, you have to. Besides, now that Jag's left, we have to act like the dignified ones." She stood up and walked over to straighten the collar of his jacket.

"Why can't I just wear my robes?" he whined.

Jaina lifted an eyebrow and stared at him in silence. He sighed and, finally, nodded.

"Fine. But I'm going to kill the person who designed this getup."

"Oh, you look fine."

He looked at her darkly, his hair falling into his eyes. It ruined the effect, really, but she wasn't about to tell him that. He'd probably retailate by shaving it all off.

The uniform, loaned to him by one of the officers, was a white jacket with navy-blue collar and cuffs, with gold trim. It was devoid of emblems, since he wasn't actually an officer. It reached his waist and closed up the front with gold buttons. Then . . . he had tights on. They were dark blue. They were almost tight enough to be scandalous. With it, he had black boots, and the belt on which he wore his lightsaber.

As for Jaina, she was wearing a white dress, of simple lines, almost as tight as the dress she'd worn on Hapes, with thin straps, a square neckline, and a slit up to midthigh on the left side. Her mother had persuaded her to put her hair up, though it had been difficult, since her hair was still shoulder-length.

"You look much better than I do," Kyp grumbled. "I feel like an idiot."

She smirked. "At least I didn't braid your hair."

Jaina headed for the door. Kyp quickly checked his pocket; yes, it was still there. Good. He'd had a difficult time figuring out where to put it.

She stopped at the door and looked back. "Are you coming or not?"

He considered for one moment dashing back and changing into his robes, but by then, she had hold of his arm and was dragging him out the door.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

7. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    *dies of heartattack* OMG YOU POSTED!!!!!!

*loves it!!*

8. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    nice update can't wait for more

9. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great job Dana. And gee, is that a ring in his pocket? ;)

~~Jilly

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    No, it's a banana. Or maybe a hamster.

Dana

11. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    hmmmm a banana...

Jez

12. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    that was cool

hehe he gpoing to propose

13. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    yayyyyyy!!!! postie. Ah, dressing men. Always both fun and a challenge.

Anna

14. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loved the postie! thanks for the PM Dana :D :D

15. 1230kevin

1230kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    more Dana

16. tenorjedifreak

tenorjedifreak Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2004
    I LOVE THIS FIC!! this is just so awesome and hillarious. the ewok following jag... it's just great. i love it so so much. update SOON!!!

je veux encore de ton fic.

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Woohoo!!!

Kyp endured nearly three hours of forcibly civil small-talk with the Republic's representatives, and jokes about his attire from an equally uncomfortable Han Solo--with only one chance to slip out, under the excuse of using the refresher--before he cracked under the pressure and dragged Jaina from the conference room that was being used as the impromptu ballroom.

Jaina tugged at his hand, trying to extract her wrist from his grip. "Kyp, I was in the middle of a conversation!"

"This is more important," he said. "Besides, you dragged me, now I'm dragging you."

"More important than discussing battle tactics with General Antilles?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Kyp pulled her along behind him until they reached the rooftop, which was about the only private place on the base, other than a refresher. Not that that was without its merits, but still.

Jaina, who was in the middle of thinking up something scathing, stopped, completely still, as they emerged from the stairwell. Her mouth dropped open. "Kyp!"

A table for two was set up, covered with a white table cloth. A bottle and two glasses sat there, along with two covered dishes. Jaina let Kyp lead her to the table and hold her chair for her.

"Goddess, I've barely had a spare moment alone with you in the two months since Fel left. Now, I've had this planned since before those pompous windbags with more money than brains got here, and I'm going to enjoy my hard work, got it?"

"You planned this? What is this, anyway?"

Kyp just grinned as he sat down.

The light from the compound was enough to illuminate their table. Jaina let Kyp pour her a glass of wine, then she leaned on her elbows, for the moment ignoring her covered plate.

"I'm really sorry about the dress uniform," she said. "But I do have to say . . . it is rather informative in some areas."

He glanced down, his expression wry. "A little too informative, if you ask me."

"Well, if you become Chief of State or something, you can change the uniform."

When he looked up, he saw she was grinning.

As they sipped their drinks, enjoying the momentary solitude, Kyp mused, "While I didn't like Fel, I have to wonder if the Ewok thing was a little harsh."

Jaina's lips twitched. "It probably was. General Antilles says he heard from his sister, and Jag's . . . recuperating from a traumatic battle."

Kyp snorted. "Right. The only battle he had was with himself, to see how fast he could get into his clawcraft."

"That's not very nice."

Kyp's black brows narrowed. "He was after my girl. I don't have to be nice."

She tried to suppress the flutter in her stomach and the blush in her cheeks at his words. Jaina tightened her fingers on the stem of her glass to keep her hands from shaking. they'd had such little private time lately that being around him almost made her . . . nervous. Rather, jittery. Yes, jittery.

Maybe it was just the intense way he was looking at her.

"I don't want to talk about Colonel Fel," she murmured, looking down at the utilitarian dome in front of her. She was reflected fussily on its brushed metal surface, the top of her head giving way to the small, round handle at its zenith.

"Neither do I." He reached over and lightly touched her, running his fingertips lightly over the back of her hand. "I know we ate earlier, so this is just desert."

"Fine with me." She smiled.

Jaina picked up her fork as Kyp lifted the lids with a flourish. Her hands were sweating so that the flork slid right out of her fingers and hit the gravel-covered roof. She groaned and bent to pick it up.

When she straightened, she found herself looking at a slice of chocolate cake . . . with a ring sitting on top.

Jaina blinked at the ring, then looked at her fork, then back at the ring. Then, finally she shook her head and raised her eyes to Kyp.

He was looking at her with a perfectly straight expression, trying to hide his mingled anxiety a

18. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    YAY! He proposed! [face_love]

~~Jilly

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    oh he proposed [face_love] so sweet :)

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Just upping this . . . I'm working on a new post, but it's slow going.

Dana

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Still working on that update. This story is so slow . . . I'm kinda stuck now that there's no Jag to annoy.

Dana

22. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    ..... ****...
    I've never read this before... or I've read part of it... but not all of it...

"May the Force be with the Ewok."

YES. YESYESYES.
    I LOVE THIS.
    I... I really do

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Yay! New chapter!

[b]--Chapter Eighteen--[/b]

"Cheers."

Two mugs clinked together, and their possessors each drank from them.

Kyp rested his arms on his knees and sighed, his back against the wall of stairwell on the roof of the biotics building, . "Thanks for your help tonight, Zekk."

The younger man's face was hidden in shadow, but Kyp knew he wasn't entirely comfortable with this. He felt Zekk shrug, just before his brother said, "Yeah, well . . . How'd it go?"

Kyp grinned stupidly. "She said yes."

Zekk swallowed hard, then muttered, "Congratulations."

Bringing his mug to his lips, Kyp said, "I know how you feel about her. I don't mean to rub this in your face or anything. But I genuinely appreciate the help."

His brother sighed. Zekk leaned his head back against the wall and said, "Don't worry about it. Truth is, I had my shot and I screwed it up."

Despite himself, not really wanting to know any details of Zekk's relationship with Jaina, Kyp found himself saying, "Oh?"

"Yeah. I mean, Jaina and I were never really anything, exactly. But I was interested and she was interested. We were kind of getting to the point where . . . something might have happened, but we met this woman, Anja . . . she's about Danni Quee's age. Anyway . . ."

"Anja Gallandro?" Kyp asked.

"You know her?"

"We've met, couple of times. I was there on Anobis, remember? When I actually talked to her was on Dubrillion, back before the war. She was working for Lando. Pretty, but a little too . . . [i]much[/i] for my tastes."

Zekk snorted. "Sounds like Anja. Takes everything just a step further than necessary, just because she can."

He shook his head, then said, "I let her distract me and . . . basically ruined any chance I had with Jaina. I'm glad to see she's happy now. She deserves it. And I'm [i]really[/i] glad she didn't go for that sissy pilot."

Kyp laughed and they clinked glasses again. "To Wes Janson," the older Jedi said. Zekk echoed him.

They sat in silence for a while, until Zekk asked, "Have you told her parents yet?"

Kyp shook his head. "No, not yet. Jaina wanted to wait a bit on telling them."

"Don't wait too long. You don't want Han mad at you."

The older man smirked. "No. You really don't."

"Then again, you'd know better than me, right?"

Kyp looked thoughtfully into his mug. "Actually . . . I don't know if Han's ever been mad at me. He's always been incredibly forgiving of everything I've done. Even after Carida . . . He wasn't angry. He just did what he could to save me. I owe him more than my life."

"I wonder what would make him mad at you, then," Zekk wondered aloud.

"That's easy. I hurt Jaina, Han'll kill me. Slowly. Probably in many pieces."

"That'd do it." Zekk laughed. "For once, I'm actually glad it's you and not me. I value my life way too much."

Kyp reached over and jokingly slugged Zekk's arm. "I've been expendible for years, haven't you heard?"

----------

Three floors down, Jaina curled in a chair in her quarters, tucking her legs under. Her hair was still up, though she was dressed in sleepware, her face scrubbed clean of makeup. She studied the ring on her hand.

She wasn't a jewelry person. She'd never liked necklaces and things like that. But this was from Kyp, and that made it . . . special. Besides its purpose, it was his real first gift to her, besides his love.

She grinned. She was getting married. It was too strange to believe!

Her belongings were scattered around her quarters, in the process of being packed. They were abandoning Boreleias soon, and she was supopsed to be clearing out her things, putting them on the "Rebel Dream", where Twin Suns Squadron was being assigned, but she couldn't concentrate on that right now.

On her lap was a datapad. It was an old one, and she'd found it digging through her things. She'd had it since she was twelve or so; it was one of the only things she'd managed to keep track of through this war.

Tonight, after Kyp had left her at her door, she'd spent a while going through it

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    great post Dana can't wait for more :D

25. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Very nice, Dana.

~~Jilly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.