main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Of This Fold" (K/J/Z) -- Chapter 18 up 14 June!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    UP...MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice website BTW

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wonderful post!

"That means that my little brother would be my father-in-law, and my twin brother would be my son-in-law." She grimaced briefly. "Ugh. Stopping now." LOL!

3. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, here's a long one that will (hopefully) tide you guys over for a while, 'cause I have to write more on this one, and I'm going to be out of town for a few days starting the day after tomorrow. :(

Dana

--------------------------------------------------------

Kyp sat on the sleepcouch in his new quarters and pulled out a small holocube. Other than his mother's wedding ring, it was all he had of his parents: a small holo album, of his father, mother, himself, and his brother, during the happy times on Deyer.

The first image was a group holo, the whole family, smiling brightly. The second was of himself and his brother, Zeth, taken just days before their lives had changed forever.

The third was the picture he liked the most. It was of his parents, Danel and Ayra Durron. His father looked very much like himself, though Danel had dark, dark brown hair. His own eyes peered back at him out of his father's face. Ayra had long black hair, which hung loose around her shoulders, and brown eyes.

They were both happy, smiling, at peace with everything except the Emperor's New Order.

His door chimed. Not taking his eyes off the holo, Kyp said, "Come in."

Jaina entered. She was freshly showered, with her hair, now just past shoulder-length, pulled back in a casual tail. "Are those your parents?" she asked after several moments of silence.

Mutely, Kyp nodded.

She walked closer, then after a moment, perched on the edge of the mattress. "Wow. You really look like your dad. And your mother was beautiful."

He glanced up at her with suspiciously moist green eyes. "One of the two most beautiful in the galaxy."

A pink lightly tinged Jaina's cheeks. "And, um, who would the other be?"

The Jedi Master looked away, then cleared his throat. "I, uh, about earlier, on the ship . . ."

"Yeah, that."

"Are you upset? That I kissed you?"

She grinned lopsidedly, al ittle sheepishly. "Uh, if you've forgotten already, I kissed you, too."

Kyp turned back to her. "Yeah. And I don't know what to think. This isn't how things were going on Hapes. I never epxected this."

"Is there a 'this'?" she asked softly. A relationship with Kyp Durron hadn't really been something she'd ever considered, but now that the prospect was suddenly before her, she didn't find herself shying away from it.

He shifted to face her. "Yes, I believe there is. And I . . . I'm still trying to sort this out. It's confusing."

"I know," Jaina replied softly. "But maybe . . . Maybe we can sort it out together. I mean, if you want to."

But was it something she wanted? For the past several months, she'd hated him, She even tried to kill him on Hapes. But now . . . it was almost like he was a different person, who just happened to have Kyp Durron's name and form. The part of her that she knew should be protesting this was strangely silent. If this was more of his manipulation, maybe she could live with it.

"I want to."

She found herself leaning closer, and was only mildly surprised to find he was gravitating towards her, as well. She hesitated when they were only a whisper apart, their lips almost touching.

Her comlink buzzed.

"Sithspit! What's with the timing of these people?!" she growled, jerking away. Yanking her comlink off her belt, she tried to be polite as she answered it. "Solo."

It was Colonel Tycho Celchu. "General Antilles requests your presence, Great One, in a briefing in twenty minutes, in the conference room we were in last night. Also, we'd appreciate it if you told Kyp Durron, if you see him, that he's to be there, as well."

She sighed, but managed to remain regal as she replied, "Thank you, Colonel."

Colonel Celchu signed off, and Jaina turned her comlink off with a decisive click. "This goddess thing is going to be annoying, now that I think about it."

"Yes, it's annoying to have people bowing and scraping," Kyp said, only half-serious.

Jaina punched his arm. "Shut up, you. Now, where were we?"

"Here." Kyp leaned in close.

"I think that's about right," she breathed.

There was

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That was wonderful!

I love that!

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe!!! Great post, Dana!! :) I've used the saying "sucking face" a couple of times. :D One of my personal favorites. ;)

Hehe, "Sucking Face with Kyp and Jaina". Sounds like a talk show, eh? ;)

Jae Angel

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Oh, man. That reminds me of a running joke we had over at the ReevesDrive message board. I left there a year ago, 'cause they were all psycho, but that's another story. We had this thing about "Aunt Julia's Keanu's Little Nipple Hour". Basically, it was an hour-long show devoted entirely to shirtless Keanu Reeves. I'm so glad I got out of there . . .

"Sucking Face With Kyp And Jaina". Hmm, now I'll have to have someone use that line in the story. :)

Dana

7. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    That was an interesting post, me like.

I keep asking this at all the stories I'm reading, but

I WANT MORE... :) :) :)

Soon? :D

8. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    oh geez, im about to fall off my chair laughing - "sucking face with kyp and jaina" - LOL. more?

9. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Sucking face with Kyp and Jaina. Lol! [face_laugh]
    I want more please! :D

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'll have more when I get back form my family reunion, I promise. Till then, hold out a little longer. :)

Dana

11. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    I love this! :)
    It's so cute, and the part with Anakin and Tahiri... [face_love]
    I hope at least here Jaina will stay Kyp's apprentice for a while...
    Thank you for this great story, Dana! :)

12. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    great fanfic! keep up the good work!

Jez

13. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
  14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's some Anakin/Tahiri stuff for all you A/T fans.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anakin idly listened to Tahiri's chatter as they strolled along the perimeter of the base, as far from the bustling activity as anyone would let them get.

He gazed down at the top of her blonde head, watching the gold curls shift and bob in the wind. Abruptly, she stopped and looked up at him with those brilliant green-gold eyes.

"Have you heard a word I've said, Anakin Solo?" she demanded, hand on her hips. "You haven't responded in just about forever."

"Sorry," he said. "I'm just, uh, enjoying the view."

Tahiri blinked, then smiled. "And what view is that?"

He pulled her close and just held her for several moments. "I don't think I've ever told you how much it scared me on Myrkr. Nearly dying."

"You didn't die," she said to his sternum. "I won't let you."

Anakin laughed.

"It scared me, too," Tahiri confessed, pulling back a little to look up at him. "I was afraid that just after I said you had to come back to kiss me, you were gonna die."

"Well, I almost did, but I think what brought me back was you dragging me onto the ship, telling me, 'You die on me, Anakin Solo, and I'll make sure you never rest in peace.'"

She laughed and rested her head against his chest. They stood in silence for several long minutes, then Anakin spoke, hesitantly.

"Tahiri, I . . . I know you're fifteen-"

"Almost sixteen," she interrupted.

"Okay, yeah, almost sixteen. And I'm almost eighteen. We're both really young, but, we won't always be."

She turned her face up, one gold eyebrow raised. "I think that's a part of growing up, doofus."

Anakin grinned lopsidedly, his blue eyes twinkling. "Well, obviously."

"I keep interrupting. I'm sorry. Please continue."

He lifted his hand and tucked a stray curl behind her ear. "Master Ikrit said we're stronger together than apart. So I was thinking, when you turn eighteen . . . maybe we could get married. Or . . . something."

By the time Anakin got the words out, his face was red. Tahiri cocked her head to the side and looked at him, only a little surprised.

"Okay," she said suddenly. "Yeah."

Anakin nearly fell over. "Just like that?" he asked.

"I love you, you monkey-lizard. It's as simple as that."

She stood on her toes and kissed him. After a shocked moment, Anakin kissed her back.

Across the compound, by the hangar doors, Jaina saw, and smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda short, but I literally wrote it just now.

Dana

15. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    LOL, that was cute! [face_love]
    I can imagine Anakin saying "let's get married or... something... :D
    Hope there's more coming soon on this one. Something lighthearted for a change. :)
    Uh, I hope you don't feel stalked now... ;)

16. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Awww, that was so sweet! Me loved that post!

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I know, I know, all my stories seem to be real downers. I can't help it. I try to write humour, and it starts out funny and ends up full of angst. It's frustrating.

All of the Anakin/Tahiri interaction in this story will be upbeat and happy, not weird and depressing like, say, EVERYTHING in "Aftershock". :)

I'm writing a Vader story, with the events in the original trilogy from Vader's perspective. He gets to make lots of sarcastic mental comments about Luke, or the Emperor . . . I'm not finished with it yet. :(

Dana

18. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Hmmm...interesting!

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, I finally got some more written. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have to admit, I'm nervous about flying with the squadron," Zekk said, as he used his elbow to trigger the touchpad that opened the door to his quarters. His arms were full with a large footlocker.

"Why?" Kyp asked from the other end of the footlocker.

"I'm not sure. Maybe it's the formality of it."

"I somehow doubt this squadron is going to be very formal. It's Jaina, me, you, Jacen, Anakin . . . You should feel right at home with the rest of us."

Zekk swore as he tripped over his own feet, trying to move backwards into the room. The end of the trunk slipped from his grasp. Flailing to regain his balance, he fell against the wall.

Kyp noticed something fall from the younger man's pocket. It was a small, framed holo. Easily levitating the trunk with the Force, Kyp bent and picked it up.

Then he froze. The two people in the holo were hauntingly familiar, though older than when he'd last seen them. And the pose was different. The woman's hair was liberally streaked with silver, and the man's face was heavily lined. But he knew them. And realised then that everything he'd believed for nearly a quarter of a century had been wrong.

"Are these your parents?" he asked quietly.

Zekk, now recovered, nodded. "That was taken a month before they died, when I was nine. Why?"

He couldn't tell the younger Jedi, not yet. "They seem . . . familiar to me."

Kyp shook his head, and reluctantly handed the holo back. Wordlessly, he finished assisting Zekk, then headed back to his quarters.

But halfway there, he stopped, and changed direction, instead making his way to the rooftop of the building, where he sat on one of the air conditioning units.

For a long, long time, his brain refused to wrap around the information. But he couldn't deny it.

Zekk was his brother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana

20. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    [face_shocked] So Zekk is Kyp's brother...
    I wonder how Zekk will react to this.
    I can't wait for the next post! :)

21. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    Uh... wow... that was a surprise! :eek:
    More soon?

22. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow

ai caramba

Boy, that needs sinking in.

Nobody made that connection before...

Plzzz post more soon, don't leave us hanging!

23. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Zekk and Kyp BROTHERS! WOW! I mean cool plot twist!

MAN! Well at least it expains their whole black hair green eyed thing. (oh no Jag isn't some long lost cousin, is he? ;) )

Jez

24. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
  25. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Scary [face_shocked]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.