"Not Of This Fold" (K/J/Z) -- Chapter 18 up 14 June!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwww, that were some nice posts!

Keep going!
  2. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't post more on any of my stories until next week. But after that, it SHOULD be back to the usual rate. :)

You think I should write a Star Wars book? I'd KILL to write a book! Or Episodes 7, 8, and 9 . . .

Dana
  3. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Just a quick little post to let you guys know I wrote "Anchor", a short K/J viginette.

What would you guys like to see happen in this story? I've got some ideas for much later in the story, but for now, nada.

Dana
  4. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
    Why not, you're good! I think some of the writers around are good enough to write a book as long as the have a good solid story line and keep the mush and love factor a little lower!
  5. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    With most of my stories, the romance and mush isn't the focus of the story. I don't really write "mush". I write about people, and those people have relationships. They get sappy at times. But they aren't always that way. They have conflicts, and arguments. They also have really stupid or incredibly dull conversations. IT's the way we are, you know?

This story is a Kyp/Jaina, but it's more about the interactions as these three kind of form a family, and the dynamics of that. Sorting out what's what in their relationships. Just like humans do.

Now, as for "Aftershock", it's humanity, sharpened and kind of . . . exaggerated. Like a soap opera on crack. "Aftershock" is kind of my baby, the one I've laboured over, the one I've put the most of myself into. These other stories are litle things I came up with along the way in writing that, that didn't fit with the story I was writing. For example, I have one coming up based on the thought of, what if Kyp had never turned to the dark side, and the Yuuzhan Vong hadn't invaded the galaxy? Where would everyone be? How would that affect the dynamics of the relationships of the Jedi we currently know?

That was a little, uh, off the subject, sorry.

Dana
  6. PadmeJainasolo Jedi Knight

star 2
  7. Saber-of-Light Jedi Master

star 4
    Look at my sig. I'm a die-hard J/J fan. But I just can't resist stories like this, and however uncharacteristic it is of me, I actually like this! :D MORE! Okay, that was abrupt..... :p
  8. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
  9. PadmeJainasolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    agree's with runaway shadow
    more soon? :) :) :) :)
  10. Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Master

star 4
    where's this k/j vignette of yours? I wanna read it! please? *puppy eyes* great posts, i havent's read this in a while...anyway

-JSD
  11. Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Knight

star 3
  12. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I promise, I WILL get more posted on this soon. I hope. Arg.

Dana
  13. Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is an amazing story, DS . Let's see, where should I start ... ?

Kyp and Jaina : I think that the two belong together. And that's what got me into this story in the first place.

Kyp and Zekk : Similarities between Kyp and Zekk - you've been discussing it in the EU Community? Where?! I visit the forum fairly frequently, but I've never seen anything remotely suggesting Similarities in Kyp and Zekk's physique. Anyway, I like the idea of Kyp and Zekk being brothers. I just loved the argument they had ("you tried to kill her uncle" "you did too" ...) Poor Zekk. Now, not only does he know for certain that his hopeful girlfriend is going out with another person, but that person also happens to be his brother.

Anakin and Tahiri : I'm glad that you have Anakin in there. It's sad that we get to see living Anakin only in fan fics ... unless I get REALLY lucky and the NJO authors decide to enter him back into the equation. I somehow doubt that's going to happen. And yes, I can just imagine the expression on Anakin's face when he is asking Tahiri to marry him.

Now that I've read this story, maybe I'll go read your other ones too :).

Aunecah_Skywalker
  15. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
    good stor Dan post more soon.
  16. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm really enjoying this sotry! Please continue it soon!
  17. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm baaaaaaaack! And with a nice, big post for all of you who have been waiting so (im)patiently!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning, Goddess."

Jaina opened an eye. "Grmphb."

Kyp grinned. He was leaning over her, and several locks of black hair had fallen into his eyes. "Come on. Up and at 'em."

She rolled over and looked at him for several moments. Then she closed her eyes. "Kyp, what are you doing here?"

"Giving you a wake-up call," he said.

"Let the goddess sleep," Jaina grumbled.

"Nope," he said cheerfully. Kyp grabbed her blanket and pulled it away. "Up. Or do I have to resort to tickling?"

"Training?" Jaina sat up and rubbed sleep out of her eyes.

His reply was nicely enigmatic. "Maybe. C'mon. Up."

"I am up!" she protested. "I'm a goddess! You aren't supposed to treat me this way."

"Eh. Whatever." Kyp thought she looked adorable, with her hair mussed, wearing loose pajama pants and a tunic that he realised with a start that he had loaned her back on Hapes. "Okay. You're up. Get dressed."

"If you don't leave me alone, I'm going to seriously hurt you, Durron," she said, levelling him a murderous look.

"You're going to hurt me? You and what Sith Lord?" he asked, turning her words against her. "Ooh, I'm so scared! Jaina's going to glare at me! Help! Help!"

She growled and launched herself off the bed. His grin got even bigger as she tackled him. They hit the floor and the breath left his lungs with a "whoosh".

Jaina blinked when she realised he was laughing. "Sometimes, I hate you."

"Maybe I should tickle you just for not giving my shirt back."

She looked down at her shirt, then blushed when she realised it indeed belonged to him. "Fine. You can have it back after I've changed clothes."

"Maybe I want it back now."

"Don't even go there, Kyp."

"Aw, stang. You ruin all my fun."

Jaina rolled her eyes and got to her feet. "Out. Wait in the hall, or something. Just go away before I really do hurt you."

He sighed dramatically. "The goddess has rejected me. I'm not worth the air I breathe. I must go sacrifice myself."

Then he flounced out. Jaina stared after him for several moments, then started laughing.

-----------------------

Kyp's good mood was infectious. Jaina found herself grinning as she exited her quarters, dressed in her Jedi robes. He was waiting for her, arms folded, his messy hair falling into his face.

"What are you so happy about today?" she asked as they headed to the Twin Suns private mess hall. "You're cheerful almost to the point of annoying. It's unnerving."

He shrugged. "Things have just improved in the past couple of days. Your brothers aren't dead, the voxyn are dead, I have a brother, I'm flying in a squadron again, and . . . I have a girlfriend."

"Oh, I'm your girlfriend now, am I?" She grinned. "I don't remember agreeing to that."

He returned her grin and repeated his earlier, "Eh. Whatever."

A moment later, he stopped and pulled her into his arms. "Do I have to make a formal request? Or maybe a requisition. Item requested, one goddess. Purpose? Girlfriend."

She giggled. "I can just see the look on Wedge Antilles' face if that one ever crossed his desk."

Kyp laughed. "That would be priceless."

Then his expression turned serious. "Jaina, I . . . I just realised I have no clue how one goes about asking someone to . . . well, I know how to propose, that's pretty simple, I guess, though I've never done it."

She smiled. "Kyp, can I be your girlfriend?"

"Yes, of course- Wait. Was that actually asking, or an example?"

"Whatever works."

He smirked. "Quit quoting Zero-One. Okay. Jaina, can I be your boyfriend?"

"Were you asking, or just practicing?"

"Whatever works."

"That got us nowhere," she laughed. "Yes."

"Yes, I can be your boyfriend?"

"Yes!" She thumped his chest.

"Ow!" He grabbed her hand.

Jaina tried to pull her hand away, but Kyp wouldn't let h
  18. Runaway_Shadow Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I just crack up whenever I read Kyp's "wake-up" for Jaina.

Dana
  20. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Woops. I just reread my first post on the thread, and, um, I said Jag wasn't gonna be in it. And now he is.

INSIDIOUS LITTLE FREAK!!! *tries to smash tiny Jag running round on desk with her hand* DIE! DIE! YOU WORK YOUR WAY INTO EVERYTHING!

Dana
  21. SpacedOutAnna Jedi Master

star 4
    I nearly died laughing when I read your second comment.... he IS an infectious little freak isn't he?
    Great post - KEEP going! ;)
  22. Master_Jaina1011 Force Ghost

star 4
    ROTFL!! [face_laugh] Dana your last comment was soo funny!!!! How can you resist having Colonel Cardboard (hey anna I think that was yours) in your stories? *innocent look* hehe. loved the last post!
  23. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
    i thought i posted oh well i'll post now. this is a really really great story.
  24. PadmeJainasolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    cool! more soon?

just one question did the ewok piolet have to have a special cockpit made for him considering his size?
  25. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.