main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Of This Fold" (K/J/Z) -- Chapter 18 up 14 June!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJainaSoloDurron

JediJainaSoloDurron Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    hey guys it's me -jainasol_ or however i spelled it. Like the new name???

New post soon?! YAY! i hoped my idea helped at least a little dantana

*skittles*

2. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I just read all of this and WOW. I feel un peu disloyal loving this fic so much, but I can't help it! Kyp and Jaina are trés adorable. They're cute without being cheesy, and Kyp is v. clever. I like, very much. More soon I hope!

3. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    I feel un peu disloyal loving this fic so much
    LadyMairead I know i've seen you post in other j/k's. We're getting to you, aren't we? [face_devil]

Jez

4. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    i think she's being converted.

5. PadmeJainasolo

PadmeJainasolo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 5, 2002
    up with this! :D

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Look! A post! I actually came through with my promise this time! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zekk ran into Jacen Solo in the food line and the two young men found a place to talk. They sat at a table across the mess from Jaina, Kyp, Anakin, and Tahiri, at Zekk's request.

"What's troubling you?" Jacen asked.

"It's a long story. Have you ever cared for someone, and they didn't feel the same?"

"Uh . . . Sort of. But she kind of came around." Jacen smiled, thinking of Tenel Ka. "You're talking about Jaina, aren't you?"

Zekk nodded. "I . . . care about her, but she just . . . sees me like a brother."

"Have you asked her out, or anything?"

The dark-haired man shook his head, pony-tail swinging. "She's already seeing someone."

Jacen's brown eyes went wide. "That's news to me."

"It's probably not my place to tell you about it. I got the feeling they're keeping it quiet." Or not so, Zekk thought, remembering not too long ago, in the hallway. Kyp and Jaina had looked so . . . happy together.

Jacen frowned. "Who?"

Zekk was still shaking his head when Kyp and Jaina arrived at their table. The two men looked up at the newcomers. Jacen sat straight up, feeling as if a glowrod had just turned on above his head. He was by no means stupid, and the looks those two were exchanging were just a little too affectionate for a Master-apprentice relationship.

"Hey, Jasa," Jaina said brightly. "What's with you? Did I screw up and put on a dress today, or something?"

Jacen closed his mouth and shook his head. "I, uh . . . N-no. It's . . ."

"Stang," Kyp murmured. "Zekk . . .?"

"Not me."

"I have eyes," Jacen said. "You're-"

"Yeah." Kyp was expressionless. So was Jacen, now.

"But you're not-"

"No."

"Definitely," Zekk put in.

Kyp shot him a big-brother look.

"And you haven't-"

"No."

"Do you . . .?" Jacen let that one hang for several moments.

Kyp was quiet for a bit, gazing at Jaina, who looked completely bewildered by this conversation. "Yeah. Yeah, I think so."

"You know that I'll-"

"Uh-huh."

"I will, too," Zekk said quietly.

"Understood," Kyp said with a nod.

Jacen let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, then."

"And you're okay?" Kyp asked quietly.

"Sure." Jaina's twin nodded.

Jaina planted her hands on her hips. "Okay, what the Sith are you guys talking about? I'm not understanding a word of this. Well, the words, yes. The string of words, no."

It was Kyp who explained. "Jacen figured us out, and we just had the brother-boyfriend talk."

"Is that what that was? It sounded like . . . binary, or something."

Jacen cleared his throat. "I think your choice is a little . . . unconventional, Jaya, but if you're happy, you have my blessing. Also, Kyp here knows that if he hurts you, I'll beat him to a pulp and then let Mara have him."

Jaina rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Oh, I'm completely serious," Jacen informed his sister."

"Well, okay." Jaina looked uncertain for a moment. "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

"Yeah. Just explain everything very calmly to Mom and Dad, in a public place, when you break the news, though."

She laughed. "I plan to. Now, the goddess commands the two of you to eat your breakfast at her table."

---------------------------

Except for Jaina and Kyp, all of the Jedi on the squadron had a non-Jedi wingmate. Jacen, Twins Three, ended up with Jagged Fel, Twins Four, as his wingmate. He quickly noticed that Colonel Fel took a particular delight in annoying Jaina. Zekk, flying as Twins Five, also noticed.

So did Kyp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[face_devil]

Dana

7. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Kill cardboard! Durron should be the one to do it. And I think Jacen wouldn't be skilled enough to beat Kyp to a pulp, anyway. If Kyp wanted to, he'd have his way with that punk.

8. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Owh, nice postie!

9. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's another post. This one's for all of you who are into Jag-torture. :D

A week into Fel's tenure with the squadron, the colonel was in the special ops hangar, tightening the alignment on his clawcraft's laser cannons, when he heard a faint skittering behind him.

He ignored it for several moments, until he remembered that he was alone in the hangar. Slowly, very slowly, Jag turned, wary.

"Hello?" he called, softly. "Anyone there?"

The skittering came again. The sound was very like a cross between metal clicking on metal, and the soft padding of barefeet on tile. A chill ran up his spine. Was there a wild animal loose in the hangar?

He reached for his charrik.

The hangar door slide open and the lights came up fully. Jacen Solo stood in the doorway, looking surprised. "Colonel. What are you still doing in here?"

"I was . . ." Jag stopped, and cautiously stepped towards Jacen. "I was adjusting my laser cannons. Uh . . ."

The Jedi frowned. "Is there something wrong?"

Jag swallowed, then said, "I think there's something in here. It sounded like . . . an animal."

Jacen's brow furrowed. "I don't sense anything. It's just you and me in here."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"And you came in just now?"

Jacen gave Jag a look that suggested the Chiss commander had just sprouted horns. "Yeah. Why, you think I'm trying to freak you out?" He laughed. "Sorry, don't particularly want to fly with a jittery wingmate. If you're that worried, why don't you head into the main building? I'll check out this animal. Maybe it's an ysalamiri."

"Why would there be an ysalamiri on Borleias?"

"Why are there ysalamiri, period? Beats me." Jacen patted Jag on the arm. "Go ahead. I'll be fine here. If there's anything in here, I'm sure I can handle it."

"Okay. Well, uh, good luck."

Jag hurried out of the hangar.

After a moment, Jacen grinned.

Dana

10. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    :confused: huh..? Oh, right get it :D

Nice postie... more?

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's more.

Jaina stretched out on her stomach, lying on a blanket she and Kyp had spread on one of the air conditioning units on the roof of the building.

"This is nice up here. It's too bad we'll have to share it with Sharr and Piggy when they get here."

Kyp reclined next to her, on his side. "Yeah. I like having you all to myself."

She laughed softly. "Are you nervous about telling my family tonight?"

He was thoughtful for a moment, then said, "No. Not really. There are the usual worries, but those won't go away until I've actually talked to your parents."

"If then."

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Then he sat up. "Jaina, there's something I wanted to . . . talk to you about."

Jaina rolled to her side and looked up at him. "What?"

Kyp took her hand. "Actually, I'm more nervous saying this than I am facing your parents. I don't know why, exactly, but . . ."

She levered herself upright. "What is it?"

His cheeks reddened. "I, um . . ."

"Yeah?"

He swallowed hard. "Jaina, I-"

"Good afternoon, Great One!"

Kyp dropped her hand as if it were on fire and scooted backwards, nearly falling off the air conditioning unit. "We'll talk about this later."

"We'll certainly talk about this later." Jaina turned to face Voort "Piggy" saBinring, and Sharr Latt. "Good afternoon, gentlemen. What's on the agenda?"

"Not illicit liaisons with Jedi Masters," Sharr said. "Shoo."

Jaina gave him her best imperious look. It never worked on Kyp, but it went some distance towards cowing Sharr. "We were not having an 'illicit liaison', not that it's any of your business. And Master Durron stays. He's had a lot of experience with the Vong. If you weren't aware of it, Kyp here is the only survivor of the first squadron to encounter coralskippers. Besides, he's my wingmate, and I'm his apprentice. He stays."

"You're overjustifying," Kyp whispered.

"Shut up," she hissed.

Sharr just gave them a knowing look, and they got down to business.

Dana

12. Runaway_Shadow

Jun 25, 2002
    Go Jaina :D Nice post!

13. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Three posts! Wow, awesome. :D They were funny and cute at the same time. Lovely! My picks:
    "What's on the agenda?"

"Not illicit liaisons with Jedi Masters," Sharr said. "Shoo."

And

"You're overjustifying," Kyp whispered.

"Shut up," she hissed.

And the best:
    It was Kyp who explained. "Jacen figured us out, and we just had the brother-boyfriend talk."

LOL! Awesome job!

Jez_3, padme-96: eeek! *cowers in fear* I don't know what to think anymore!!

14. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I never read that other post! The one with this line: Jaina planted her hands on her hips. "Okay, what the Sith are you guys talking about? I'm not understanding a word of this. Well, the words, yes. The string of words, no."

I absolutely loved the Kyp/Zekk/Jacen thing right before that! It kicked!

And I liked those last two posts too!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

15. padme-96

Feb 12, 2002
    thaT POST WITH THE STUFF jjd mentioned rocked Dan.
    i love this story.
    yah we got updates on this and AAO (against all odds)
    please post soon

16. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    OH COME ON THAT WAS MEAN!!! WHAT WAS KYP GONNA ASK/TELL HER??????

waits for more

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You'll just have to wait until I post that part Saturday (sometime later than 2 AM, after I've had some sleep). [face_devil]

Dana

18. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I really loved the post with Kyp Zekk and Jacen where no one ever completed a sentence!!! I love this fic!!!!
    MMMMMMOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEE!!!!
    MUch begging!!!!!!!I also just love the very idea that Kyp and Zekk are brothers, and the Zekk always wanting a last name, just not 'Durron'!!!!!
    UP!!

19. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    How come no one's reading "Aftershock"? I appreciate all the comments on AAO and NOTF, but I updated "Aftershock" as well.

Dana

20. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    (evil grin) must be the quantity of k/j mush

21. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Cool post, can't wait for more. I'll comment on the other stories when I get home from work. I'm heading out now.

~~Jilly

22. padme-96

Feb 12, 2002
    i can't wait for the next post.
    what's Kyp going to tell her ?[face_plain]

23. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    OMG Dan! The thing with Jacena d Kyp talking..... I nearly fell off my chair laughing!!! Awesome!!!

Anna

24. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    that was funny Dana!!!! especially Kyp and Jacen!!!! [face_laugh] im laughing hard enough as it is . . .

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I had fun writing that. I have no idea where it came from, but once it was in my head, I had to put it down. I'm goign to reference that later in the story, in a conversation between Leia, Jaina, and Mara, and none of the guys are going to understand a word of it. :D

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.