main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not on the Schedule - Ben Skywalker Romance - COMPLETE 2/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Awww...I love that she's going to wear Mara's dress. [face_love] (I just had my own preserved in the hopes that one of my girls might want it. [face_blush] )

And poor Ben. ;) Don't know what's worse - being 'frustrated' or teased by your father about it. [face_laugh]

2. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I remember dress-shopping with my mother, many many years ago. She got her way, too. :( I just wanted to get it over with. Not surprisingly, my future daughter-in-law had no desire to wear my dress!

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The young woman cast a helpless glance at Mara who was trying to hold back her laughter. The stranger in the mirror grimaced right along with her, surrounded by a confection of white lace and ruffles. ?Uh, I?m not sure?? she plucked at the voluminous skirt. ?I don?t think this is really me, Mom.?

Chartrise frowned. ?Why ever not? It?s a lovely dress!?

?Oh yes, it is really pretty,? Megira said helplessly. ?But don?t you think I get a bit?lost in it??

I remember thinking exactly the same thing when my mom showed me her ancient wedding dress because I was too curious. It?s a huge thing ? white and very volumnious.

She was muttering under her breath the whole time, and Mara caught a word here and there. ??like a Corellian sweet cake?too many damned ruffles?who?s wedding?.elope??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL! Poor Meg.

?Chartrise, Mara has just had the most wonderful idea?? she murmured as she drew the other woman away from a rack of dresses. ?It?s sort of a Skywalker family tradition thing.?

:p Skywalker tradition.. right. ::laughs:: Poor Chartrise. 8-}

Ben sank down on the bench and groaned. ?Force, do you people have nothing to talk about but me?? His tone was disgruntled.

Poor, poor Bennie. :p

Great update, VL! Love it! :D

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ginchy They know him too well! o_O

Killik_Twilight No fair! [face_frustrated]

Golden_Jedi Leia is a great character, you can do so much with her! :p

jade51999 Well, since she followed the tradition of threatening to kill her future Skywalker mate... ;)

JadeLotus I have a feeling Luke will be thrilled. :D

Jedi_Tigris
    Yes, Luke is a good dad! :cool:

Jek_Windu Well you didn't have to wait TOO long. :p

RedGold It's fun to do a fluffy story every now and then!

MichaelSolo
    [:D]

mavjade Yeah, I've had a few of those conversations myself! [face_blush]

RebelMom Or at the very least that one of his cousins would do something outrageous! [face_laugh]

Vongchild Exactly! ;)

AvenKiel Thank you! :)

_ThatJediScum_ Leia calls them like she sees them! :D

jedijethro Thanks! Sometimes a muse is unpredictable.

MariaMaxwell Will do and thank you for reading!

Jedi Trace
    I don't know, but I'm sure he doesn't appreciate either! [face_laugh]

Jedi-2B I know I'd never get my way with my daughter, but I wouldn't want to try. It's her day, her dress. :p

Idrelle_Miocovani I'm four inches taller than my mom, so I didn't have to worry! :D

[b]Chapter 21[/b]

The ottegan silk slid down her body like a caress, and Megira was not able to fully repress a shiver that ran through her at the cool of the fabric against her skin. She kept her eyes closed, feeling oddly superstitious, as if she looked none of this would be real, not Ben, not the wedding. All of it would disappear like the dream it sometimes felt it was.

She felt her mother?s quick hands fastening the dress and then smoothing the folds. Megira heard Mara and Leia murmuring to each other. Since they did not sound horrified, and Mara was not laughing in derision, she guessed it looked passable at least.

Then she heard her mother whisper gently, ?Open your eyes, Meg.?

Taking a deep breath, she did just that ? and simply stared. The clean, simple lines of the dress clung lovingly to her slim figure and though it was not a perfect fit, it was close enough. Any alterations needed would be quick and simple. Megira?s mouth hung open a little bit and she glanced in the mirror. Mara wore a smug expression and she was nudging Leia as if to say [i]What did I tell you?[/i]

?Wow,? Leia said and then whistled. ?Now that?s what I call a wedding dress.? Then her eyes went to Mara. ?I think it looks better on her.?

Mara scowled, but her eyes lit up with laughter as she tilted her head. ?You know, I think you?re right.?

Chartrise smiled. ?I remember seeing your wedding when it was broadcast, and you looked lovely in it, Mara,? she said softly. ?But I have to say, my daughter is simply beautiful.?

Megira gave her mother a shaky smile, still unable to speak. She let her hands run down the skirt, appreciating the softness of the fabric. It felt right, though she could not explain exactly how or why. Finally, she nodded. ?It?s perfect.?

All three women smiled at her. Then Mara said, ?And could you tell my son [i]not[/i] to rip this dress? I?ve suddenly grown rather attached to it and I?d hate to hurt him on his honeymoon.?

?More likely it?ll be my Meg doing the ripping and tearing,? Chartrise muttered quietly.

Mara and Leia burst out into delighted laughter, while Megira blushed furiously and groaned. Chartrise?s mouth opened silently and she blushed as well, the color of it staining her cheeks even beneath the heavy layer of make-up. She looked as if she only then realized she had spoken aloud.

Throwing her arm around the embarrassed woman, Mara chuckled. ?You?re all right Chartrise,? she said admiringly.

Chartrise beamed, still blushing, but obviously pleased at the praise.

Ben and Megira were enjoying a quiet evening in his apartment. Music was playing softly in the back

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Not much more to say, other than: Yay!! [face_dancing]

I love happy Skywalkers. [face_love]

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Then she began to laugh so hard that she snorted ? loudly.

It could have been worse. She could have been drinking and the blue milk might have been flying out her nostrils.

I agree with Ben though. No fair for her to change the rules when she wants it. Bad Meg. Patience is a virtue, be virtuous. :D

7. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

And now my mind went blank. *looks for ideas, finds vast, empty space* *shrug*

Excellent work, Mama Vader!

KT

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ah, what a nice thing to read on a gray day. Ben is going to be in extraordinary shape by the time the wedding rolls around - he's spending a lot of time training... ;)

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I started reading this before my class today. And I'm addicted.
    I really enjoy the fact that it's less of a "Star Wars" story and more of a Skywalker family one. No running around the galaxy and all :)

I like how I hate Chartrise a bit less now.

And so not fair that Meg is teasing Ben! haha poor Ben [face_laugh]

10. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Wonderful! Sweet! Beautiful!

Just what was needed after a long day at work.

Ben and Meg really need to get to that wedding night though... :p

11. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Aww, another great post. It's so sweet that she is going to wear Mara's dress. Good Ben, you keep on being a nice, noble Jedi!!

12. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Between you and VL, Lola, I just turned into a hyena.

Such a funny reversal of roles! Ben's becoming honorable!

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yet another wonderful update!

Then her eyes went to Mara. ?I think it looks better on her.?
    What a thing to say! :p

?And could you tell my son not to rip this dress? I?ve suddenly grown rather attached to it and I?d hate to hurt him on his honeymoon.?
    I loved that line! If I were Megria I would be sooo embarrassed!

She looked uncertain for a moment, and then shrugged. ?Your father told me you?d get grumpier the closer the wedding got,? she informed him. ?And he told me to forgive you if you started acting stupid.? Megira rose up on her toes and kissed his clenching jaw. ?Consider yourself forgiven.?

Now wait a minute I think this was her fault! Although it is funny that Luke told her that!

I can't wait for more!

14. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love]

Ben's become quite the restrained gentelman, hasn't he?

15. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    AACK! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I blame my ridiculous schedule for making me absent minded:D

I just loved the scene between Leia, Mara, Chartrise, and Meg. It was so beautiful. Gotta love the female bonding.

And of course I loved the scene between Ben and Meg. You know, changing your mind is a woman's perrogative:p

Fantastic Post!

16. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    How long is till the wedding...? [face_laugh]

17. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It's good to see things shaping up so nicely.

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    ginchy I love happy Skywalkers, too! :D

Lola64 She's saving that little trick until after they're married! ;)

Killik_Twilight Thanks for reading! :)

RebelMom
    Lucky Megira! =P~

SWpants666 Yes, it's more a story of a family than anything else. Thanks for reading!

RedGold Yes, the do! :p

cheersweetie27 He's trying, she's not making it easy! [face_laugh]

Vongchild And I'm sure it's killing him! [face_batting]

mavjade Conversations like that are common in our house! :cool:

JadeLotus Much against his will, I'm sure! :p

JediJainaSoloFel Exactly! [face_mischief]

Golden_Jedi Too long! o_O

Neo-Paladin At long last! :D

The next post will be up Monday. I've got it written and ready to go, and I'm trying to be patient and wait. Also, the wedding will be in the post after that! And I think there's going to be a PM chapter for after the wedding. [face_blush] [face_devil]

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Love it, love it, love it!!! :D

*was getting a little warm there at the end - would it be wrong to adore a father and his son?* [face_blush]

And I think there's going to be a PM chapter for after the wedding.

Woot! Just remember not to rip the dress. ;) Although, Ben trying to sew it up afterwards would be too funny. [face_laugh]

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ?And could you tell my son not to rip this dress? I?ve suddenly grown rather attached to it and I?d hate to hurt him on his honeymoon.?

?More likely it?ll be my Meg doing the ripping and tearing,? Chartrise muttered quietly.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Brilliant, VL! :D Can't wait for the wedding! :)

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedi Trace It WOULD be hilarious to see Ben A) trying to explain it to his mother or B) trying to repair it so she wouldn't notice! [face_laugh]

Idrelle_Miocovani A mother knows these things. ;)

[b]Chapter 22[/b]

?I thought I?d find you here,? Han?s voice interrupted Ben as he pitted his saber against some training remotes. The young man was rather distracted, so the remotes were winning. It did nothing to improve his mood.

?Uncle Han,? Ben said, almost gratefully shutting down his saber. ?I didn?t expect to see you here.? The remotes buzzed slightly, still at the ready.

The older man shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets. ?I was just in the neighborhood,? he said dismissively.

?I see,? Ben replied dubiously, switching off the remotes. ?Just in the neighborhood, huh??

?I?m allowed,? Han said, somewhat defensively.

?So, what?s up?? Ben asked, drying off his face with a towel.

?I thought maybe we could have a talk,? Han replied as he began toying with one of the training remotes. He looked at Ben and grinned. ?I remember seeing your Dad with one of these when we first met.? Han laughed. ?It zapped him right on the butt. It was hilarious!?

Shaking his head slightly at the old memories, Han put the remote down. ?Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and? well, chat I guess.?

?Chat??

?You know?talk, converse, that sorta thing,? Han retorted.

?All right,? Ben said. ?Talk away.?

?You?ve got a lot of your mother in you, you know that kid??

?I?ll alert the media.?

?That ain?t all bad, but it ain?t all good either,? Han noted.

?Are you going to get to your point eventually?? Ben asked. ?I mean, I?m getting married next week and Meg will kill me if I?m late.?

Han gave a long-suffering sigh as he stared at his nephew. ?You Skywalkers got some smart mouths on you, damned if you don?t.?

Ben rolled his eyes and then snapped his fingers. ?The point, old man.?

Han narrowed his eyes and scowled. ?You aren?t too old to spank,? he warned. Then his uncle sat down and looked at his hands for a moment. ?I like Meg,? he said quietly ?You know I do.?

?Yes, and???

His uncle frowned. ?Well, I was thinking about you two getting married and all, and since I?m the only one in this family not crazy enough to be a Jedi, I thought I?d tell you that? Well, you just need to remember that Megira isn?t a Jedi,? Han said.

?I know that,? Ben replied with a touch of impatience.

Han held up his hands. ?Hold on a minute, and hear me out.?

Ben sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. ?Go on.?

?What I mean is that you can?t expect her to read exactly what you?re thinking like your mom and dad do with each other,? Han explained.

?I don?t expect her to do that,? Ben muttered.

?You?ve seen it with your parents, and a part of you will think that?s the way it usually is. It isn?t. Listen kid, as time goes on she?ll get better at reading your signals and you?ll get better at reading hers without using the Force or anything other than your husbandly intuition,? Han went on. ?You?ll know things five years out that you never would have guessed as a newlywed, and ten years later you?ll have a whole bunch of new stuff to grapple with. But it isn?t fair to expect things to be all smooth and perfect, especially at the start.?

?Go on,? Ben?s voice was reluctantly curious.

Han shrugged. ?Okay, let?s take your Aunt Leia for instance,? he continued. ?She touches her hair when a woman she thinks is ?my type? walks into the room. Yeah, it?s silly and girly, but I like it,? he confessed with a grin. ?And when she?s about to eat something she?s not crazy about, but is too polite to say it, she always sniffs just a little before she takes that first bite.?

Ben laughed and shook his head. ?I don?t think Aunt Leia would be happy with you giving away her secrets.?

?Ah, your dad and mom already know them for the most part.? A wicked grin crossed his face. ?But she does get this sexy little half-smile when she?s thinking about-?

?Okay! Way too much

22. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It?s nice to see the younger generation heeding the wisdom of the elder generation. o_O

23. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *wonders if she should admit she was lurking around waiting for an update....* ;)

Yay!! I love that Han came to talk to Ben, and what good advice that was! And I love that Luke and Meg seem to be very comfortable with one another and can go out for caf together. I can't imagine doing that with my father-in-law! Course, if my father-in-law was Luke, I'd put in the extra effort for caf-dates....[face_laugh]

Great chapter, and I can't wait for the wedding!

24. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    :) :) :)

Interesting talks! I can't say which I liked more, Han/Ben or Meg/Luke. Nice to see her bonding so well with her in-laws. Although that doesn't make things easier for Ben, does it? :D

25. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Great job! Hopefully Ben'll go back to normal after the wedding? *laughs*

Good to see Han with Ben and Luke with Megira. I think they both (Ben and Megira) needed some talking to. *grins*

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.