main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not on the Schedule - Ben Skywalker Romance - COMPLETE 2/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Hehehehe.... Ben's about to have his world turned upside-down by the tornado known a L-U-R-V-E!!!!

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    This is brilliant :D

I loved Mara avoiding answering Ben's question - they have such a great relationship. I adored all of Luke's lines:

?Take pity on him, Mara,? he heard his father call out.

?Give the boy the information before he ruptures something,? Luke prompted.

[face_laugh] It's exactly how I would expect them to act at that age.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Love mara's banter and torture of Ben. *takes notes for own children*

Luke's advice is the best. Ben needs to be himself.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Ah yes. Megira is exactly what Mr. Ladies-Man Skywalker needs. [face_mischief] I love this story!!! :D

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    suddenly discovered that his boots were incredibly interesting. Why at times they can be downright fascinating!

?I wish you were only dating them,? Mara muttered under her breath. [face_laugh]

?When is she not in rare form?? [face_laugh] Love that Mara.

Mara is hilirous!

not the Ben Skywalker that is all over Coruscant with a different woman every night.? Being a young Han Solo, eh Ben.

Great job!

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ginchy I'm sure a meeting between the mothers will happen eventually! :p

cheersweetie27 It's a bit late, but here it is!

MJadeHe's got a lot of Luke in him, but watch out for his mother's fire!

Valin_Halcyon You have no idea! [face_laugh]

jasa And I don't think Mara is done torturing him yet!

JediJainaSoloFel Love is not at all easy! And Ben is about to discover that.

Elfsheen It's that sheer anxiety that comes from meeting someone different. And he's a bit of a playboy, so...

Jek_Windu Thanks! It's fun to write Ben.

Jedi_Tigris
    Let's see how long it takes Ben to realize it.

Vongchild You've got it!

JadeLotus Glad you like it! :D

RebelMom TOrmenting your children is great fun! [face_dancing]

Jedi Trace I'm flattered, especially since I'm such a fan of YOUR work!

FelsGoddess Well he HAS been around Han a lot.

[b]Chapter 4[/b]

As they were shown to their table, Ben surreptitiously wiped yet more sweat from his brow. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. Even being around Megira was having an unanticipated effect upon his senses. He could not remember ever being so nervous around a female, not even on his very first date.

His stomach roiled and he clamped down his teeth, trying to keep the nausea at bay. Force, he really did not feel well at all!

Megira looked at him across the small table, grinning as she perused the menu. Then she got a good look at his face and frowned.

?What?s the matter, Ben?? She asked him in concern. ?You look pale.?

Ben tried to return the smile but was sure his attempt fell short of being convincing. ?Nothing, I?m just tired I suppose.?

Her eyes narrowed as she studied him closely, but he gamely kept a determined smile on his face.

?All right,? she said doubtfully. ?If you?re sure??

?Oh, I?m sure all right,? Ben said enthusiastically as he looked at the menu.

Megira gave him a look that told him she was not convinced. She put down the menu and signaled for their waiter. ?Do you mind if I order for both of us??

Sitting back, he grinned. ?Not at all, as I told you, I?m placing myself in your hands.? His eyes glinted at her wickedly.

?Maybe I don?t want you in my hands,? she retorted and then she gave their order to the waiter.

One reddish brow arched, Ben looked at her in admiration. ?You?re a brave soul. Even my uncle has a hard time eating tartaga.?

She shrugged and then leaned on the table, her elbows on the table. He looked at her in amusement. ?Yes, my elbows are on the table, but I know you are not ill-bred enough to remind me that ladies don?t do such things.?

?Of course, not,? Ben answered. ?My mother would kill me.?

?As she should,? Megira shot back. ?So tell me, Ben. Why me??

?What do you mean, why you??

She rested her chin on her hands. ?You don?t have a snowball?s chance in Tatooine of getting anything more than a kiss, and I know you?re used to getting much, much more. So the question remains, why me??

?But I [i]will[/i] get a kiss?? He asked, his eyes twinkling.

?You [i]might[/i],? she answered. ?I haven?t determined the answer to that yet.?

?When will you know??

?Just before my lips touch yours.?

Ben?s throat felt as dry as the Jundland Wastes and he licked his lips. ?Really? The impulsive sort are you??

Megira frowned as she considered the question. ?No, not really. But I listen to my heart and usually it steers me right.? Then she glared at him. ?Except for you. My heart told me quite clearly to avoid you at all costs, and yet here I am.?

?Shall I send your heart flowers??

?Flowers won?t soften up [i]this[/i] heart,? she scolded him.

?What will??

Her eyes locked with his over her wine glass. ?Time, Ben Skywalker, lots and lots of time.?

Their food came shortly and he tried to eat, but each bite seemed to take up permanent lodging in his throat and he was soon soaked with sweat.

Megira had been enthusiastically digging into

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    LOL! Love this fic, VL! Megira's hilarious! Poor Ben. :p

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Good for Megira! Like Mara, she doesn't take any of the Skywalker guff. What a memorable first date. (Sure not the memories Ben was hoping to make!)

I love how Megira said Mara likes to talk about Ben. That warms my little heart. In fact, this whole story warms my little heart. [face_love]

9. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I missed a chapter, which was really good.

Then there's this one. Hilarious & awesome.

?Maybe I don?t want you in my hands,? she retorted

Sure you do Meg.

She rested her chin on her hands. ?You don?t have a snowball?s chance in Tatooine of getting anything more than a kiss, and I know you?re used to getting much, much more. So the question remains, why me??

Good question.

But I will get a kiss?? He asked, his eyes twinkling.

He's worse than Casanova me thinks.

?So you finally admit I?m hot?? He asked in a whisper.

Smoothe Ben, real smoothe.

He looked up at her with a goofy grin. ?I got that kiss.?

She brushed back his hair. ?If you think that was a kiss, then you?ve got a real treat in store one day.?

Get better real soon Ben so you can find out.

Why do I get the feeling Ben is what Meg's wanted all along. Was their meeting really an accident? [face_thinking]

10. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great! Poor Ben is sick :( that's no fun. But at least she was able to take care of him and baby him. I like.

11. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    YAY! An update!

OMG! That was so amazingly funny[face_laugh]

Can't copy and paste my favortie parts because the whole thing is my favorite part!

I actually loved the interaction between sick Ben and Megira. It was fantastic and completely hilarious!!!

Great Job!!!

12. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Loved Megira's phonecall... Mothers... Euch!!! :p

I smell mush in the kitchen! Warm tasty mush! :D

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    What an impression to make on a first date! [face_laugh] He worried himself sick.

14. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] Poor Ben!

I loved the conversation with Megira's mother. I'm glad she seems to have inherited everything from her father ;)

Great chapter.

15. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] What a date!

16. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Well, that wasn't exactly the best date in the galaxy... ;) I think I missed a chapter or two. [face_blush] Loved Luke and Mara's conversation with Ben, and Luke's quiet little piece of advice. I don't think Ben quite realises what he's in for with Megira. :p

Great work! Looking forward to more. :D

17. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    This is great!! My brother did something like this to our mom. I couldn't stop laughing for days. Maybe that is why I am laughing...no. Your story is just soooooooooo good.

18. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Poor Ben, getting sick and having Megria take care of him! Not the kind of date he wanted, methinks. Loved the talk with mothers too. :p

19. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Some guys can't win, especially when the entire galaxy is conspiring to keep them off their equilibrium. :p

Still, things could have gone worse o_O

20. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Interesting story, VaderLVR64. This is really good. *settles in to await next post* Poor Ben, the ladies' man who can't quite get the one woman he loves . . .

KT

21. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    [face_love]
    =P~
    [face_love]
    =P~
    [face_love]
    =P~
    [face_love]
    =P~

22. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    I should just go raid your profile and read all your stuff, it is all so wonderful!

23. Jaina87

Jaina87 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Aww poor Benniekins!
    Very good, keep up the good work!
    =D=

24. MJade

MJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    LOL!!!!

Poor Ben. Sick on his first date. Then having your date mock you over the comm to her mother. Just's Bens luck. Still, he is a Skywalker and first dates should always be momorable. Great post! :D

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Idrelle_Miocovani I like Megira, too! :D

ginchy Yeah, this story is pure fluff! But what the heck!? Thanks for reading.

Lola64 Their meeting may not have been a complete accident. Mothers have a way of putting obstacles (like true love) in our path... [face_whistling]

cheersweetie27 Thanks! I'm glad you like it. It's been fun to write!

JediJainaSoloFel I think he's going to feel worse (emotionally) before he feels better. [face_devil]

Vongchild And she's got a mother that would try anyone's patience!

RebelMom
    Certainly a UNIQUE first date! ;)

JadeLotus So is Ben, I think! [face_laugh]

FelsGoddess He's a Skywalker, you didn't think things would go smoothly, did you? o_O

Knight_Aragorn At the very least, Ben is in denial... :p

Genimay Thanks! I'm flattered you like it.

Jedi_Tigris
    Mothers, the bane and blessing of our lives!

Neo-Paladin [face_shhh] Don't say that, it might happen!

Killik_Twilight Isn't that always the way? [face_frustrated]

kateydidnt Yeah, the description was there for my own naughty pleasure! =P~

Jaina87 Thanks! I hope you like what's coming next. I mean, we all know he gets the girl in the end, but how crazy will she make him before it's all over? [face_thinking]

MJade Exactly! He's genetically disposed to drama!

[b]Chapter 5[/b]

Megira was muttering to herself as she made notes on the document before her. Her cheeks were flushed and the fingers of one hand were tapping loudly on her desk.

She was angry.

Her anger was directed at herself for the most part, but a healthy portion of it was aimed at a certain man with red-gold hair and a roguish smirk. ?Just get him out of your mind, Megira,? she mumbled to herself. ?He?ll only break your heart.?

[i]But what if he doesn?t?[/i] Her inner voice piped up against her will. [i]What if he?s [b]the one[/b]?[/i] Megira snorted at that notion and firmly told her inner voice to shut up.

[i]But you know he?s different.[/i] The voice added persistently.

Her inner voice had always been a troublemaker. It was that voice that forced her to consider all sides of an issue, even when she did not want to, the voice that made her feel compassion for her mother and try to understand her, and it was that stupid, annoying voice that had prompted her to accept the invitation of a date with Ben Skywalker.

Insanity!

She had been ignoring calls from her mother for days now. Her mother was practically salivating at the thought of her daughter dating a [i]Skywalker![/i] Megira was sure that every family acquaintance from two decades ago, every single being who came into contact with her mother, was being subjected to a long winded speech outlining how Megira and Ben were practically engaged.

Megira?s pretty mouth twisted in distaste. That was another good reason to run as far away from Ben as possible. She liked him and to inflict her mother on him was a fate worse than anything Megira could contemplate. Ben might be an irrepressible flirt and a rogue to the bottom of his rather large feet, but [i]no one[/i] deserved Chartrise as a mother-in-law. If Megira was noble, she would vow to remain unmarried so that no man had to suffer that fate. There, decision made, she should definitely not agree to marry Ben Skywalker.

Marry Ben?

Sithspawn! It was one of Mara?s favorite curses and Megira had found it sneaking into her own vocabulary, much to the chagrin of her mother. Even if it had come from a Skywalker, her mother said, a lady did not say such things. Her mother set great store on etiquette and Megira had grown up hearing the dreaded words, ?that is not very ladylike.?

Megira had decided that [i]she[/i] wasn?t very ladylike, or much inclined to change that fact.

In spite of her good intentions, Megira found her eyes drifting to the comm unit on her desk, wil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.