main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not on the Schedule - Ben Skywalker Romance - COMPLETE 2/13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Girl's got manners! Half the time...

I loved Han trying to scare her off. My uncle does that to every boy my sister drags home. And my aunt has hired me to "chaperon" my cousin and his girlfriend numerous times, even though I'm younger than him. o_O Scaring off dates is my job! [face_laugh]

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    This is so much fun! :D I love the way you imagine Ben...and the interaction between the whole S/S family is so perfect! Megira is a great OC without falling into Mary Sue-ism and I love her mom (well, actually, I hate, but you know what I mean). The dialogue is perfect. Great fic. (I'm slowly working my way through all of your fics...you've been busy!)

Is it too soon to ask for more?

3. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ooh, I loved Megira meeting the whole family. Funny how Ben was getting all jealous... he's really fallen for her. :D I like how Luke is just quietly approving, I'm sure that's just how he'd act. Loved the end, I bet that's what Mara was saying to Ben since that would be something everyone would ask about, except Megira.

Great job!

4. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    Thank you for pointing me towards this story. I'd read the first two posts before, but not the rest.

This is wonderful and hilarious! I love the family gathering. Will you be posting more? :D

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Laughing, Luke raised his glass in a toast. ?The boy doesn?t stand a chance,? he said, shaking his head.

He is SO not kidding!! Great scene! :D

6. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Ah meeting the family. Another hurdle obliterated. o_O

7. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    I am soooooooo loving this!!! Even if it did take me 100 years to reply to the last post. I'm excited for the next one!!!

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004

ginchy No, I don't often leave long reviews, but I DO try to get to a lot of stories! ;)

Killik_Twilight Gotta love a Skywalker family get-together! [face_laugh]

Anakins_Force I say Anakin Solo ran away with a Twi'Lek dancer and is too afraid to tell his mother! [face_whistling]

Idrelle_Miocovani I can't decide who I'd like to see her with, so I settled on her playing the field!

Valin_Halcyon I don't think Ben shares your opinion right now.o_O

Lola64 Oh yeah, the boy is gone!

cheersweetie27 She'll keep his life interesting, that's for sure.

Golden_Jedi Han is just being Han, a pain in the butt!

MJade Thanks! I'm glad you like the results of my rather overactive imagination! [face_laugh]

JadeLotus Yeah, Luke approves all right!

FelsGoddess It's something I pictured the really obnoxious people wanting to know.

Vongchild Scaring off dates is fun! [face_devil]

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Well, I DID manage to write another chapter!

Jedi_Tigris Thanks! It's hard making sure that people are in character sometimes.

Jaina_Solo_15 And a post is up! :D

Jedi TraceAh, a father's wisdom...

Neo-Paladin You aren't kidding!

JediJainaSoloFel Replies are ambrosia, but feel free to lurk! :p

[b]Chapter 8[/b]

A few days later, Luke Skywalker walked into Megira?s office complex. He ignored the excited buzz of those he passed in the corridor, concentrating instead on the warm, gentle Force signature that was Megira.

He knocked lightly on the door and a distracted voice instructed him to enter.

Luke opened the door and Megira looked up, an expression of surprise settling on her face. She stood up and gave him a look of confusion. ?I wasn?t expecting you,? she said, holding out her hand, and giving him a welcoming smile.

The two shook hands and Megira indicated a chair. ?Would you like to have a seat, Master Skywalker??

?First, call me Luke, and actually Megira, I was hoping I could take you out to lunch,? he replied.

Her eyebrows rose and she shook her head. ?You Skywalkers certainly aren?t shy, are you?? She patted her slim figure. ?Do I look like I need fattening up or something? Your family always wants to feed me!?

He laughed and spread his hands in front of him. ?Let?s just say I decided I wanted to get to know you a little better and it?s always nice to sit down and share a meal with such a lovely young woman.?

Megira tilted her head and grinned. ?What?s Ben?s excuse then??

Lips quirking, Luke shrugged. ?Perhaps my son thought that the promise of an innocuous meal was the only way to lure you into his somewhat jaded company.?

She laughed. ?I suppose that?s fair enough,? she allowed.

Luke held out his arm. ?So ? will you have lunch with me??

Slipping her hand in the crook of his elbow, Megira gave her consent. ?How could I refuse?? Then she stopped abruptly. ?Uh? Mara knows right? I mean, I really wouldn?t care to face the business end of her lightsaber.?

He patted her hand and gently encouraged her to continued walking. ?Neither would I,? he remarked dryly. ?Actually, she even gave me the name of your favorite restaurant.?

?That?s a relief,? Megira replied. She leaned over a bit to confide, ?Your wife can be rather intimidating.?

?Yes,? Luke murmured with pride. ?She can be, can?t she??

Ben was in a training salle, a fine sheen of sweat making his flesh slick as he moved. He was going through a complicated series of katas, trying very hard to exhaust himself.

He needed a good night?s sleep and if working himself into a stupor was the only way to get it, he was going to give it a shot. It was better than the alternative, which was to lay awake and think of a certain female.

Flipping backward, he landed lightly on his feet. Maybe that last kata would do the trick, he thought. Already he could feel fatigue seeping into

9. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    EDIT: Here's the review:

So Mara know's Megira's favorite resturant, huh? I wonder if she was the one to suggest to Luke that he take her out to dinner so they could have a 'chat.'

And speaking of parents having chats with the kids who their kids are interested in, that sound creepily similar to my parents? a female friend of mine and I are very close, and my mother is always taking to her about me. *shrugs*

Could Megira be good for Ben? I think so?

KT

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOL, Vader....I didn't mean your reviews, I meant mine! I was just joking that my reviews to your stories are often too long! LOL

I'm just long-winded, I guess. ;) And I appreciate how long your stories are.

Loved this section...loved Luke taking Megira to dinner and their whole conversation (she's quite a bit like Mara, huh? LOL). And Mara and Ben are adorable together! This is how I hope the galaxy will be for the Skywalker's of the future...:)

11. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Great post! I really like the dynamic between Ben and Mara, and the way Ben and Megira are reacting to each other. Can't wait for more!

12. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Ooh, I liked this one. Interesting bc I didn't expect Luke to show up to take her to dinner. And lol at the Solos and their meddling. Sounds like Ben needs a cold shower too!

13. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I love Ben's parents trying to talk the two of them.

?What? A mother can?t visit her son without him getting suspicious?? Mara scowled at him, falling into step beside him as he left the salle.

He glanced at her as they walked. ?Not when you?re the mother,? he replied dryly.

How true that is. [face_laugh]

Megira mumbled, ?She had a point.?

?I heard that,? Luke replied.

?I meant you to,? Megira shot back.

[face_laugh] She's so perfect for Ben.

I'm loving this story VaderLVR.

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ?How could I refuse?? Then she stopped abruptly. ?Uh? Mara knows right? I mean, I really wouldn?t care to face the business end of her lightsaber.?

He patted her hand and gently encouraged her to continued walking. ?Neither would I,? he remarked dryly. ?Actually, she even gave me the name of your favorite restaurant.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

LOL!

?Oh, you know Han,? Mara said. ?He can?t be serious to save his life. He?s always had a smart mouth on him and nothing is ever going to change that.?

LOL! How true...

She sighed heavily and took another sip of wine. ?If I don?t kill him first,? she muttered.

Oooo! I think I've heard that somewhere before... :D

I loved this chapter! :D

15. s_skywalker

s_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2005
    great job!!

16. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great as usual. It was nice seeing Luke standing up for his son and telling Megira that he really is a good guy. And he is defiately her type!!

17. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love Megira worrying about making sure that Mara knew Luke was taking her out for lunch. She does know Mara well.

I think my favorite part was the Mother/Son banter between Mara and Ben. It was perfect, funny and exactly how I picture them interacting! :D

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    All the denials...Ben and Megira are so lost to each other. Everyone sees it but them.

Sounds familiar for Skywalkers and Solos. Must be genetic

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Uh? Mara knows right? I mean, I really wouldn?t care to face the business end of her lightsaber.?

[face_laugh] The real reason woman stay away from Luke...his wife. Its none of that fear of power stuff. Its Mara.

?Oh, you know Han,? Mara said. ?He can?t be serious to save his life. He?s always had a smart mouth on him and nothing is ever going to change that.? Thats why we love him.

?If I don?t kill him first,? she muttered. The prerequisite for loving any Skywalker.

Great update!

20. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    [face_laugh] Love all the verbal jabs. And looks like Ben with Megira is a lot like Luke with Mara. :p

21. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    I'm sorry for not replying earlier, Master...
    And I'm agree with Ben and Megira, everybody is intruding.

22. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Need post soon.. or will die.

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Killik_Twilight Somebody needs to calm him down. :p

ginchy They deserve some happy endings, don't you think? ;)

Jek_Windu They've been fun to write!

Anakins_Force More than one cold shower! [face_laugh]

Lola64 Thank you! I've enjoyed writing it.

Idrelle_Miocovani They say boys fall in love with someone like dear old mom. Poor Ben! [face_whistling]

s_skywalker Thank you!

cheersweetie27 Unforunately, romance is never smooth for a Skywalker...

Jaina_Solo_15 I don't think Mara would ever lose her fire!

RebelMom I'm quite sure it IS genetic!

FelsGoddess Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Jedi_Tigris Yes, a lot of the same dynamic. But they are definitely themselves.

Golden_Jedi
    Well intentioned meddling... [face_devil]

MichaelSolo Don't die! [face_laugh] Here's a post.

[b]Chapter 9[/b]

Ben fidgeted as he stood outside Megira?s door, waiting for her to answer it. Praying silently that her mother would not be visiting her again, he clasped his hands behind his back and tapped his foot impatiently. ?Come on, Meg,? he muttered under his breath.

As if summoned by his words, the door slid open and Megira stood in front of him. He felt his mouth drop open; he felt it and yet could not stop it. He counted himself lucky that he had not drooled. That would have not have been good at all. His eyes started at the sleek fall of her dark hair, which was a perfect frame for her ivory skin and dark eyes. Her lips were slightly pursed, as if she tried to restrain her laughter, and her cheeks were prettily flushed.

?I guess I pass inspection?? she asked, twirling around to give him a full view.

They were on their way to a state function, a ball for some diplomat from a planet that Ben could not pronounce or remember. He had really only wanted an excuse to hold Megira in his arms as they danced, and to show her that he had a few moves on the dance floor that would hopefully impress her.

She was wearing a crimson gown that bared her lovely shoulders and dipped low enough in the back for his imagination to start running wild. The fabric clung lovingly to her curves, and a slit up the side revealed slim, toned legs. Yes, he was definitely lucky he had not started drooling.

He was so caught up in his perusal of her that he failed to notice the attention was being returned.

Megira studied him from beneath her long lashes. His unruly strawberry blond hair had been subdued, but she could tell before the evening was over it would once again be falling over his forehead in the manner that always made her fingers itch to push it back into place. The snug black pants and shirt he wore emphasized his tall lean frame. Elegant boots that came to his knees completed the picture.

?In mourning?? she asked dryly, unable to resist the temptation to tease him.

Ben flushed and shifted on his feet. ?Actually, I wasn?t sure what you would be wearing and my Aunt Leia said I shouldn?t clash with you, so?? he shrugged. ?It was her idea,? he added rather defensively.

Megira laughed and put her hands on his chest. ?I think you look magnificent,? she whispered.

Ben swallowed the lump in his throat. ?Wow,? he murmured. ?You sure know how to give a compliment.?

She pulled her door closed and linked her arm through his. ?Shall we go??

?By all means,? he answered.

As they walked down the hall, he wondered how he was going to keep his hands off her. Luckily, Megira was sure to help him behave himself.

Damn.

The ball was just what Ben expected ? beyond boring. But Megira had proven to be a popular addition to the society scene, though she never seemed overly impressed with titles or fame. She would give each of them the same nod and smile, a gracious greeting and then she would move on, her hand firmly in Ben?s as they walked.

Ben was the sole Jedi representative

24. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    EDIT: Here ya go.

Wow! They're having a lot of fun together, and then the 'other woman' calls and everything's ruined! I can't wait to see what happens next!

KT

25. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh he is quite the charmer isn't he? He is so light and unburdened compared to the rest of the men in the family. But now his playboy ways have caught up with him! I thought we'd be seeing some Jedi nookie, lol. He needs to learn not to answser that com!

Great Update!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.