main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not quite a costume...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SeaTrooper, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Hey all,
    This may not be considered a costume by any stretch of the imagination, but ever since Christmas when I got these Iron-On transfer papers for the printer and MGI Photosuite for christmas I have been going nuts. (The dismal failure of the Seatrroper project
    probably had something to do with this need to geek.)
    So I was at Hooters with mi compadre Jay recovering from to much family time (kidding Spectress...) and an idea from a while ago
    resurected in my head.
    So I spent a day with a scanner, lap top, and printer and wah-la... I have created the "Unofficial, Unauthorized, yet ncredibly wacky Death Star Hooters girl tank top".
    Not to stop there but also one for Hooters Naboo, Hooters Mon Calamari, Hooters Tattooine-Mos Eisly.....
    I am so proud of these things for some unknown reason. Now the likely hood of finding someone to a) Model them, and b) let me take pics is a different story. I'll Have to post photos of it sitting on my work
    bench.
    Thanks for your tolerance.
    Buzz

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Reminds me of when I created a Hard Rock Cafe Coruscant logo.

My husband suggested that when people asked me "where is Coruscant", I reply, "in the Caribbean". So I did. And they said, "oh".
    Sigh.

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Hah hah!!! COOL!! I can't say I'll model, but lemme know if you're going to sell them. :) And, just for the sheer funkiness of it, I'd have to get the Death Star version.

kreleia ^.^

4. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I'll mail ya one.
    I WILL NOT SELL THEM!!! Because I all ready paranoid about Lucasfilms, and Hooters teaming up to get me.
    Buzz

5. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I volunteer to model one!!

6. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    If you can, post a pic of the graphic! I'd really like to see this! :)

kreleia ^.^

7. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Sure. Give me a couple days to get something on my Website.
    Buzz

8. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I have to say I am sorry I don't have pics of the tank tops. I am finding id some what problematic finding the right kind of shirt I had in mind for the project. Just as soon as I find something I am going to bumo the post up and leet you all know something.

9. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Hey, could an EmperorsHand get something from Coruscant by any chance? :)

10. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Yes you may. Just email me your size... and give me a clue where I can find decent tank tops.

11. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Hmm, I imagine if you looked around a little you should be able to find them at good price some where. I haven't looked lately, but in the spring I found some good ones at Old Navy, but I suspect that most department stores, even if just Walmart or Kmart would be able to supply you. :) If they aren't available now, they will be soon as the stores bring out, insanely early as usual, their summer supplies.

12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Thanks for the hint. In Florida the summer lines are hitting the shelves. It's a long weekend and I will be prowling stores.
    Thanks for the continued interest! It motivates me!

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm still interested too. :) Another thing you might want to check are online dealers. I know there are places where you can order something like 10 - not a lot, not too little (just in case). ;) I don't remember names right off the top of my head, but I'm sure a quick search would do it.

kreleia ^.^

14. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Thanks!
    That was big help.
    On Fridays The Waitress sport a black uniform and I just ran accross Iron-Ons for dark clothes. I am going to Walmart today to check out sewing machines and hopefully I wioll have some luck there.

15. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Think i could get a Mos Eisly one?? What a kool idea!!

Shaden

16. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    WOW Stef, I'm glad you're on my watched users list...cuz you led me here!!!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! What do I have to do???

Would it be easier just to get the transfer from you somehow...and do the iron-on part myself on my own top??? I've done it before......I'd LOVE to get one of those transfers though.......WOO-HOO!!!!!! ;)

btw...if I get a good tan....I'll model LOL

17. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I've already put a bid in for mine. :) As soon as I get it from our lovely Seatrooper, I will be posting pictures wearing it. This is truely unique project.

18. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Ya'll are making my midi-clorians blow through the roof!
    May the force be with me cos' I died and went to Skywalker Ranch!!!!!!
    I cna mail you the Iron Ons. My email is on my profile. Thank you for your patronage.
    Buzz

19. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Okay I finaly updated my website and have a page for all of the Iron On images. I hope this gives ya'll a decent look at what I have cooking.

20. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I waited until I had something to really report on before I bumped the topic again.

I made the first tank top today!!!!

Okay here is what I found. At K-mart buy the Basic Edition's brand tank top. My wife, and recepiant of the prototype, wears a size small. In this case it was just to darn big, but we will see after it washes. I am no expert on how to size out ladies wear so I will confess to being a normal guy on this one. The tanks have modest coverage in the front and not the low cut that the standard Hooters Beefy-Tee has.

The iron-on transfers I have down to a science. If you put on your CD player and spin Cinderellas "Gypsy Roads" as soon as you put th iron onto the transfer keep ironing until the middle of the second chorus. after that wait till the tune ends before you pull the paper off. That way you preserve the gloss finish. Any sooner and you wind up with this burnt matte look and it just doesnt look cool on a white tank top.

I have a couple bids on ebay for Hooters uniforms, so hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have received my winnings and have pictures up on my site. After that you all will have the chance to see my latest obsession.

I have received emails and PMs from many interested parties, an no addresses. If you are interested in me just sending you the transfer and the instructions, I am keeping my Cinderella CD, send me you address's. If you want to trust me to get you the right size then let me know and I will crank these out. Once agin I am not taking any cash for these things. It is my labor of love that I am sharing. I am just spreading the joy of Hooters and Star Wars. That's what I do.

Laters,
    Buzz

21. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    This really should be bumped back to the top.

22. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    If anyone would like to see his work, I have a pic of myself with Richard LeParmentier(Admiral Motti) at CII in my "Hooters Tattooine" shirt. He got a huge kick out of it! It's on my website, under CII pics.

23. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    That pic is kinda small to make out the details, Mirax.

24. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I think this is a fabulous idea and you should keep it rolling and come up with others. I like the Hard Rock idea.

Hubby had an old McDonald's work shirt from his misspent youth and thought about turning it into a Star Trek costume - Mickey D's in 10 Forward!

We'd always wanted to see a DisneyWorld...an entire planet similar to Courascant covered with Disney. At the rate they're going - it could happen.

I adore parody and have thought about things like...
    Death Star daycare....
    Ewok rental for babysitting services....

and so on -
    Please keep the ideas rolling

25. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    tinkerwench.... awsome ideas...

SeaTrooper... hope you keep going on the project... They look great. Can't wait to see more. :) What a cool concept!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.