main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Not really a SW question, but one about Detroit.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Padawan_John, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Howdy.

I'm going to the State Theater tonight, around 7PM, and I was wondering if I could get any advice on the parking situation in the area. Normally, I'd just go without thinking, but I guess there's this li'l baseball game going on tonight that I had no way of planning ahead for . . . .

Is the only parking going to be what's left over from the game? Or do the theaters have dedicated lots?

Obviously, I'm not from the Detroit area.

Thanks.

nyar.
    :D

2. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Your screwed today. The State theater has no "individual" lot of its own. And get ready to pay big time for a spot.

3. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I don't think I've been to State Theatre, but if I have, it was many years ago, and I didn't drive there. :) It is probably not going to be easy or inexpensive, though. Parking downtown can be a nightmare.

Good luck!

4. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    If you don't want to pay $50+ bucks to park and fight the crowd, you could park at the DMC in their main parking deck and walk down. Just be aware that it's about a 1/2 mile walk (but you won't get ripped off for parking).

Good Luck

5. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Thanks, ya'll. I ended up paying $15 to park three blocks away.

Now, if only I could hear myself type . . . .

GO TIGERS!

nyar. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.