main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not so pathetic lifeform (JA fan fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tenel'Ka, May 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica Kenobi

Jessica Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    What popped Out??!! C'mon, hurry and post!

2. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    eh??? I did.? You must not be able to see the post.

3. Darth Ratsputin

Darth Ratsputin Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2000
    Ooh, this is me posting on theforce.net for the first time! I'm co-writing this story with Tenel'Ka, and it's a lot of fun! (hmm, would it be wrong to explain that my name comes from a comic character named Ratsputin in my comic strip, http://www.chucklovestheworld.com?www.chucklovestheworld.com? is that a *shameless plug*? Yes, yes it is. Forget I said anything. ooh, and there's even a few Star Wars storylines...)

Anyway, this is all so exciting. Later!

4. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Surprised me you did, Tenel'ka and Darth Ratsputin, I expected some cute, little furry creature.

I like Datree much better.

And Obi-Wan, can we say impulsive? I have a feeling she's not going to warm to him very quickly.

Great job guys!!

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Cool. Thanks for the post! It was awesome! Datree sounds like a very interesting character. Now I eagerly await to see how she reacts to being clobbered by everyone's favorite padawan.

6. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I like this story!!!! I was not expecting a human (sort of) female to jump Qui-Gon, I thought either cute and cuddly or deadly. She does apprear to be a force to recon with (no pun intended)!!!

Great first impression Obi

7. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Glad you liked it! Love hearing from you all! Datree...hmmm...considering she might be dead in the next post, I don't know how she will react to being sliced, or if she will be able to react at all!
    Hope to have the next post up in a couple of days!

8. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, as promised here is the next part. Hope you all like it!!!

******************************************************************************************

Qui-Gon stood up, and saw Obi-Wan about to strike at Datree's head, so he grabbed his lightsaber and was igniting it.

But then he realized, /I'm not going to be able to stop him in time. /

It seemed to happen in slow motion, but it only took seconds. He saw Obi-Wan bringing his lightsaber down, but it bounced, as if it hit an invisible force field. /What the...? / He thought. Obi-Wan's lightsaber had not hit anything, but it wouldn't go near the girl.

Obi-Wan looked up at Qui-Gon. *Master? * He questioned, looking for an explanation.

Qui-Gon just looked at his apprentice, with an expression of sheer confusion. *I... don't know what just happened padawan. *

*It was like I hit a force field...but there is nothing there. * Obi-Wan tried to explain.

Both Jedi looked to Datree simultaneously. *We will talk about it later padawan. *

*Yes Master. *

"Put away your lightsaber padawan." Qui-Gon instructed, as he did the same.
    The Jedi Master offered his hand to the girl, who was still lying on the floor. She stood up on her own, and picked up the scraps of her bow.

"I knew it was a trick." She mumbled. "Well, you have me, and I have no weapon. What are you going to do with me?" she asked, glaring at both Jedi in turn.

"Uh...I never knew...I uh..." Obi-Wan said, not sure of how to reply.

"We mean you no harm. My apprentice wasn't expecting you, and mistook why you are here." Qui-Gon offered, noticing his padawan's distress.

Datree looked at him quizzically. "Would you care to join us for our evening meal?" Obi-Wan offered.

"Yah, I guess so." She replied, and they headed into the kitchen.

Obi-Wan set another place at the table, and joined his Master and Datree.

"Datree, how long have you been on this planet?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Since I was thirteen." She said carefully.

*Master, could she have been...*Obi-Wan started to ask.

*It's possible. * Qui-Gon answered, then turned his attention back to the girl to his left. "Where are you originally from?"

"Why?" she asked, with a quizzical look.

Qui-Gon looked slightly amused. *She's smart Master, she answers a question with a question. * Obi-Wan commented.

"Curiosity." Qui-Gon answered.

"Coruscant." She mumbled.

"What was that?" Obi-Wan asked, his eyes big.

"I said Coruscant. You deaf?" she asked with irritation, looking over at the apprentice, then continued to pick at her food.

"Why did you come here?" Qui-Gon asked, unsure of how far to push.

"Okay nosey. I was a Jedi trainee. I turned thirteen and was kicked out. I was supposed to go to the agri-corps, but stole a shuttle, and came here instead. I would have done 'anything' but become a farmer." she answered, hotly, looking back and forth between both Jedi.

Obi-Wan stared at her for a few minuites, unable to believe what he was hearing.

"Do you live here alone?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yes." Was all she answered. The rest of the meal was eaten in silence.

Datree and the two Jedi went to the common room. The Jedi sat, as Datree wandered about the room looking at the books, and few ornaments.

"I haven't read anything in over five years." Datree said, as she picked out a book from the shelf, and flipped through it.

"You could take one if you like." Qui-Gon offered.

"No. It's the Jedi's books, I don't want one." She stated, as she shoved the book back in its place.

"Where do you live?" Obi-Wan asked, his curiosity finally getting the better of him.

"I found a small cave, and turned it into a livable space." She answered.

As they were speaking, a loud CRACK was heard. Datree saw Obi-Wan jump slightly. "It's just a thunder storm." She said, in a criticizing tone.

9. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Any one out there???
    Does anyne know why the page went wider? It's REALLY annoying!

10. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    checks for new posts, hits head on keyboard, causeing it to blow up, therefore, no more posts!!! (kidding)

11. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm here, still reading, still enjoying.

I'm as confused as Qui-Gon with Obi-Wan's behavoir. But now of course we have a hint that Datree is much more than she appears.

Waiting for more.

12. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    How about another post????? PLEASE?????

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm still here, too! I wonder if that 'force field' thing that repulsed Obi-Wan's weapon is not perhaps a characteristic of Datree's species. It sounds like Datree is bitter at the Jedi--she won't read their books--but she does eat with them. Interesting contrasts here. I'd like to read more soon.

14. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    I am Soo... happy! People posting comments My sister's birthday is tomorrow, so I won't be able to post for a couple of days. BUT...I AM meeting with Darth Ratsputin tomorrow to work on the next part!!!
    There, you happier now?

15. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
  16. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    I just found this story and I am already hooked. Please post more soon.

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awesome post! Datree used to be a temple initiate, huh? Most interesting. And what was that feeling Obi had when he tried to kill her? Freaky! This story is very intriguing, and now I eagerly await more!

18. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Forget about us?
    Sorry there hasn't been a post for a while, but I will get one up in a couple of weeks due to it being June, which is very busy.
    Meanwhile, check out this story which I edit: Forum16/HTML/000782.html Forum16/HTML/000782.html
    It is VERY COOL!!!

19. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Anyone still care about this story???
    I thought I'd give you a post, it's short, but at least it's something. I PROMISE that it WILL get more ineresting, just be patient!!!

Obi-Wan woke up, put his tunic on, and headed for the kitchen. Qui-Gon sat at the table reading a data pad, and eating a piece of juniter fruit from the tree out back they had found the day before. Obi-Wan sat down and took a fruit from the bowl on the center of the table for himself.

"Morning Master." Obi-Wan said, as he took a bit of the fruit.

"Good morning padawan. Did you sleep well?" Qui-Gon asked looking up from his data pad.

"Yes I did." Obi-Wan said with slight hesitation.

"What is troubling you?" his Master inquired.

"I kept having dreams about Datree, about what happened yesterday, but...it was her holding a lightsaber over me." Obi-Wan explained.

"Hmm...that is strange. If anything I would think that it would be the same situation playing over again in your head, if you felt guilty." Qui-Gon replied.

"That is what I had thought Master, but that's not how my dream was. Also there was a distant feeling...I can't place it, it was of mixed emotions."

As they were discussing the dream, Datree walked into the room. She eyed them suspiciously when they stopped talking after seeing her.

"Good morning." Qui-Gon said, grabbing a fruit and throwing it to her. She caught it easily.

"Yah, whatever." She mumbled.

/I guess she's not a morning person, eh Master? /Obi-Wan wondered with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

/Nor are you, padawan. / Qui-Gon reminded him.

"So now what?" Datree asked.

"What do you mean?" Qui-Gon questioned.

"Well, are you going to just let me go back to my place, or am I like...your prisoner?"

"You are free to go whenever you wish, but it is still raining heavily outside." Qui-Gon warned.

"As long as there isn't any lightning. I think I'll be able to survive in a little rain." She said cheekily.

Qui-Gon turned to Obi-Wan. "Padawan, why don't you go make your bed." He suggested.

"How did you know it wasn't..." Obi-Wan asked, but Qui-Gon cut him off.

"How often do you ever make your bed of your own free will?"

Obi-Wan gave his Master a sour look, then headed for his room.

Once Obi-Wan was out of hearing range, Qui-Gon looked at the girl across from him, and asked, "Datree, would you mind if we had a talk?"

"What about?" she questioned, with a mouth full of fruit.

"Well, when Obi-Wan tried to...hurt you the other day, he said it felt like his lightsaber hit an invisible wall. Would you happen to know why that was?"

"I used the Force, to create a shield around me." She answered honestly.

"I see. Usually initiates at the temple aren't able to create one so strong, and especially because you've been living here on your own, with no training in the Force, for years now, an initiate would lose some of their training, instead of becoming stronger." Qui-Gon said, in a pondering tone.

"Yah, well, I was always good at self defense, and on this planet, you have to be really good at it." Qui-Gon was still suspicious.

Obi-Wan walked into the kitchen, and as he sat down, Datree stood up. "I'm leaving now." She stated.

"Are you sure?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yes." She answered, then walked to the entryway, with the Jedi on her tail.

"Feel free to come back anytime you want." Qui-Gon offered.

She gave him a look that he read as 'Yah, right.' Then headed into the rain.

******************************************************************************************

Was it okay???
    Don't worry, that's not the end of Datree.

[This message has been edited by Tenel'Ka (edited 06-16-2000).]

20. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Definitely ok!

Still got a mind full of questions about Datree though I'm sure they'll be answered as the story continues.

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 06-16-2000).]

21. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    (wipes forehead with relief) Glad you liked it Healer Leona!!!
    Yes, you WILL find out more about Datree in parts to come. I will try to have posts up every few days.
    Any Lurkers out there???

22. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    (wipes forehead with relief) Glad you liked it Healer Leona!!!
    Yes, you WILL find out more about Datree in parts to come. I will try to have posts up every few days.
    Any Lurkers out there???

23. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    soory about the double post, my sithly computer won't be nice. But well, I guess Sith are never nice. Whatever. Anyone out there???

[This message has been edited by Tenel'Ka (edited 06-17-2000).]

24. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Is anyone reading this??? PLEASE???

25. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm reading this, and I especially loved the line where Obi-Wan asks Qui-Gon how he knew that his bed wasn't made. I'm also looking forward to finding out more about Datree and this protective Force shield. Please keep writing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.