main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not-so shocking revelation about Cade's parnetage

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by SephyCloneNo15, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    As many guessed as soon as Legacy #9's cover was revealed, Morrigan is Cade's mother. She and Kol had a little fling. Thought y'all should know in case you're living under a rock or waiting for the TPB.

2. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    I think its great a non-force sensitive is Cade's mom.

She does seem to have a lot of parallels to Mara.

*The whole spy thing

*Very tough

*Unnaturally long lasted beauty [face_whistling]

3. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    Fixed. Hey, mature ladies can still be beautiful!

4. JEDI-KILLER_17

May 21, 2005
    Not according to those Dove commercials. [face_sick]

5. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Or perhaps you've got a skewed concept of beauty. :)

Carrie Fisher is still beautiful, for example. She hasn't gone on starvation diets (lately) or had cosmetic surgery to look anything other than her age. Her mother is still considered good-looking, too. Beauty isn't all big eyes, high breasts, and skin so tight you can bounce coins off it.

6. JEDI-KILLER_17

May 21, 2005
    Your right. But I'm sure you could have came up with a better example other than Carrie Fisher.

7. Lord-DarthMerrick

Lord-DarthMerrick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003

It's not????? What is beauty then? I thought it was the opposite of ugly!!!

8. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Topic: Cade's parentage. :) Just in case we, you know, forgot.

I'm waiting for the TPB of all these. But from what I've read, she and Kol weren't married, right?

9. JEDI-KILLER_17

May 21, 2005
    nope it seemed like she left when Cade was very young. Of course we don't know that, since IIRC Cade has never mentioned his mother.

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    When Cade was first introduced, people were speculating that there would be Boba Fett connection in his ancestry because of one part of his attire. Now - pardon this awkward transition - Morrigan Corde did pretty much what Boba Fett did with his wife and daughter... Have we any idea what kind of background - other than being an Imperial agent - Morrigan has? Could she be a descendant of some character we are familiar with from the earlier eras?[face_thinking]

11. JEDI-KILLER_17

May 21, 2005
    When I first saw her I thought she looked a bit like Tahiri Veila.

Blond hair, facial tatoos(I think), but she's not force sensitive. I kinda like the Idea she's descended from Fett though.

12. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    It doesn't seem like Kol and Morrigan were married. But then, we have common-law marriage in some states in the U.S., where all that's necessary is co-habitating and considering yourselves 'married'. I'm sure the exact legal language is more complex.

Morrigan doesn't have her 'line and dot' tattoos in the flashback with Kol, so she got them sometime in between. Kiffar have them, but I thought they applied them at a very young age as seen with Korto... and Ailyn Vel had hers. I'd have to go back and look up Mirta Gev's description to see if she had them from her mom.

If Morrigan is a descendent of Boba via Mirta, it's possible that she had the tattoos removed for her career as an Imperial agent, and had them back again after she was deactivated. Distinctive markings seem to me to be a bad idea for undercover operations.

However, for those who are assuming that Morrigan is not Force-sensitive in the least, Kiffar are all latently sensitive in that 'touch things and get visions' manner. She could have sensitivity without being potent enough to become any sort of Jedi or have any more talent than that.

Kiffar could also open it up to Morrigan being a descendent of Quinlan and Korto. Considering the author/artist team, which is more likely? :D

13. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    But then Cade would be part-Kiffar.

She may have gotten the markings as an 'honorary Kiffar'....

14. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    The Kiffar blood could be pretty diluted when we get to Cade...[face_plain]

15. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    I worked out a family tree from Boba to Morrigan, and from Quinlan to Morrigan. Except it won't display for crap here.

Down through Boba and Mirta, assuming one generation between Mirta and Morrigan, Morrigan could be a minimum of 1/8 Kiffar.

Down from Quinlan, assuming two generations between Korto and Morrigan, it's still a minimum of 1/8 Kiffar.

Not much, but distinct... for Morrigan

That leaves Cade with a minimum of 1/16 Kiffar.

16. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    She could be descended from both of them which would increase the Kiffar heritage. Perhaps Mirta Gev could end up together with the son of Korto Vos? They could be the great-grandparents - or perhaps even grandparents - of Morrigan.:p

17. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    You know, that's nice and tidy and probably thrill the socks of lots of fans, but I so hope the galaxy is bigger than that. [face_laugh]

It's bad enough to tie either Boba Fett or Quinlan Vos into the Skywalker line, let alone both of them. That's sorta... overkill. I mean, what next? Luke's grandchild marries Kyp's child so we get Durron in there, too? Valin and Mirta knock boots to get some of that Horn blood in the mix, and the Skywalker blood is conveniently strong enough to override the Horn lack of telekinesis?

There's a point where it gets silly, which I think is what you were saying, Rouge77 :D

Besides, Korto Vos is Luke's age. He and Mirta could have children without needing his son. [face_devil]

18. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Kiffar = Humans, so no problem there.

19. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    But hey, it's a "surprise bigger than the Death Star". [face_tired]

I doubt she's descendant from either the Fetts or the Vos. Or at least I just hope she's a new character.

20. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    And Vima Da-Boda actually has a child out there who gets involved in getting Sunrider blood in there. Revan's descendents throw some of that in the mix. And one of Cade's blonde hairs is actually a single piece of straw from the Hat placed on his head at birth as a blessing.

And we all know everyone in the Galaxy is at some point descended from Kyle Katarn (even Morgan Katarn).

And there's some Fel in there just in case the Fels aren't Solos, because Cade'll probably go for Sia and it just ain't SW without some incest.

Oh, and Thon too. Him and Yoda.

21. RebelGrrl

Jan 13, 2006
    Hmmm... actually, you could maybe get some Sunrider in there with the Durron contribution.

I mean, if you theorize that one of Kyp's parents was Vima Da-Boda's grandchild. Would explain his power potential and why Vima might bother enough to let herself be incarcerated on Kessel temporarily as she was.

Since we're reaching to extremes and all. :D

22. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    ^^ Don't forget about 2-1B.

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Twoonebee betrayed Luke's trust when diapering him for his immersion in Bacta?

24. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i am 1/16 cherokee but i look like a poster child for the celtic nation. point is if you are american, you are probably more mutt than anything. add hundreds of planets and cade can only claim full jedi and even that he is throwing away. cade is probably all of those things. what does that make him? arf arf.

25. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    Grandma from the Bowflex comercial. She is smokin hot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.