main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Not so Sith teachings...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Reminds me of a moment from the line-up:

It was the afternoon when some radio station brought us a bunch of coke. All the coke was gone, and all the was left was lemonade. I can't remember who they were, but this conversation actually happened.

Guy #1: Hand me a vanilla coke.

Guy #2: No cokes left, just lemonade.

Guy #1: Fine give me a lemonade.
    No, that's pink. I don't drink anything pink.
    Eww, this one's "light!" I don't drink that stuff either.

Guy #2: Dude, that's all there is!!

I don't remember if he ever actually drank anything. Of course, it was 150,000 degrees, so I like to think he got something! :D

2. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke are my masters!

Mexchewy: I am haunted by the very drink you should never have given me. You are in my very soul. The thought of not drinking you, I can't breathe!" :D

3. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Episode 3: "Forbidden Soda"

4. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I've been drinking a little each day since you came back into my life!

POP!

GULP!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

The cherry goodness fills my soul! :D

5. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    I drank them! I drank them all, and not just the regular ones. The diet and the caffeine-free ones, too."

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
  7. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    ROTFLMAO

That is too funny! Please stop! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

8. army_no_arms

army_no_arms Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    It is the pants game but with soda.

"This soda is your life" as OB1 holds Anikin's lost code Red MT. Dew in front of him.

9. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Whiny Luke: I was going to go to Tosche Station to pick up some PowerAde!

10. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh]!!!! I [face_love] it!!!

When caffinated you are, look as good you will not!!

11. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    YOu guys (and gals) are really cracking me up here. People on my hallway here at work are going to wonder what I ate for lunch.. :)

Anyway, if you haven't seen it, you have to watch the FanFilm Essence of the Force at TFN FanFilms. It's a hefty download at 59MB, but VERY worth it. I'd say it's one of my favorites. This movie is a MUST if you like Mountain Dew!!

12. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    ZOO, yes, I am a fellow sufferer. **hugs** Fortunately, my migraines have cut back to the once-a-month specialty (take a wild guess), and that's bearable. But, about 4 years ago, I was one miserable chica. Seemed like I was getting 'em daily and I would slam back 3 and 4 Excedrin at a time WITH Dr. Pepper. Didn't help. Weaning me from caffiene completely finally broke the vicious cycle. It's just been in the last couple of months that I've tenatively started drinking caffienated drinks again. I still prefer non-caffienated. :) But the headaches are hopefully a thing of the past.

Hokey fruit drinks and bottles of water are no match for a good Dr. Pepper at your side.

;)

13. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok, so I too was once a sufferer. The thing I discovered worked for me...taking two Metabolife-type diet pills (they contain 33% caffiene each) with a Coke...or three.

See migraines are caused by extreme vasodilation in the brain. The increased blood flow causes increased intracranial pressure...hence the headache, auras, nausea, vomiting, numbness, and tingling.

What does caffiene do? It's a vasoconstrictor, it closed down those dialated blood vessels,stoping the increased pressure on the brain. This ends the headache or helps it depending on how well caffiene works for you and how soon you take it.

I *KNOCK ON WOOD* have not had one in two years...thank the Force. I'm one with the full range of the above symptoms. However very large quanitites of caffiene work for me. So, whenever I see those little flashing lights...Metabolife and Coke here I come!

*THIS IS NOT A DOCTOR'S OR NURSES PRESCRIPTION...USE AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Had to add the disclaimer there.

They're Coke-drinkers...damn good ones too!

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Unfortunately, my migraines are the combination kind. Chemical, Metabolical (sp?), Stress, Muscular (stress plays w/ this one) and BP. They can range from feeling like there is a machine running in the base of my skull (hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm), to whiteout blindness w/ sharp pains like spikes through my skull w/ nausea & a complete lack of intelligible speech. Sounds like fun, huh? :(

They've been really bad twice in my life, from 15 to 19 and for about 2 years before my PCOS diagnosis. I've had them my whole life though. No caffeine, no sugar, better exercise, and some stress management courses have helped over the years (as I said I can't take meds for them since they don't work), but I've only had 2 real migraines since my diagnosis (although I'm working on one right now - that nice dull pain that sits in the base of your skull for about a week or so before it really kicks into high gear). This has been the best year since puberty. :D I used to get those once a month ones, along w/ the others too, but since I've been on this medication I have had relief like I never imagined [face_relieved]

When I did drink caffeine, it was really good tea and Pepsi. They should have given me stock in PepsiCo for all the Pepsi I drank (let's say about 3-4 liters a day :eek:)

I sense much caffeine in him

15. army_no_arms

army_no_arms Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    "3 - 4 liters a day". OMG, I can't image drinking 3 or 4 liters of anything in one day. Then again I have a small bladder. Doesn't that much caffine bestow upon you some kind of super powers? Sorry to hear about everyones migraines. Headaches are the worst thing to deal with.

16. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    EWWWW..so sorry Zoo that is indeed NO FUN!!

WENCHY HUGS

Glad to hear you're doing better though, that's fantastic!

Someday I'm gonna drink them all!

17. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Begun, these soda wars have.

18. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Master Obi-Wan has lost a soda. How embarrasing, how embarrasing!

19. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Always two there are, a Regular and a Diet.

20. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Balcony scene:Supreme Chancellor Palpatine looks down on the million of soda delivery men ready to spread the power of the caffene as Bail Organa is dejected at the failure of his water bottle bill.

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh]

MexChewie that deserves a BIG WENCHY HUG!

[face_laugh]

You're not all powerful Pepsi.

Well someday I will be!! Someday I will be the most powerful Cola ever! I promise you! I will even learn how to keep soda from spraying!

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Or alternately: "I will even learn how to keep soda from losing its carbonation!"

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    "Pepsi ain't like drinkin' Kool-Aid, kid."

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    another alternative...

You're not all caffinated.

Well i should be!! Someday I will be the most caffinated person! I promise you! I will even learn how to keep from sleeping!

25. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    Obi Wan:You were right about one thing Master. The drinks were caffinated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.