main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not Star Wars, but a prop question nonetheless

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by rogue_09, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I know this isn't Star Wars related and I'm not sure if we're allowed this far off topic, but I thought it best to ask this question here.

I have an Airsoft BB pistol that I use as a prop. The problem is, it doesn't look realistic since the chamber does not clear after each shot. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to modify a gun like this so it appears the chamber clears when the trigger is pulled. Basically, it would be a modification to the spring unit that pulls the top piece back to look as though the chamber clears.

I'm going to try to modify mine as I can get more fairly cheap, but if anyone has attempted this, or knows of someone who has, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

2. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    If you have the money you could get a gas airsoft hand gun. they have what you need, the only problem is that the gas that is dispulsed kind of smells. it depends on what you need it for.

3. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't really have the funds to be buying a gas powered one (I assume they're expensive) I just want to create the illusion the chamber is clearing to add a little realism.

4. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    The gas powered ones are really not that expensive.

5. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah dude, the Y&P (or STTI, if you prefer) non blow-back (or NBB) M92f is around $40. That's the Berretta 9mm. It's gas powered for semi-auto fire. It's easy to field strip. The barrel and slide are two seperate molded pieces (for your open ejection port, that's my favorite too...) the more realistic the better. Trust me it's the gun for you, it's heavyweight, durable, and you can mod it out the ying-yang. But if you really want to get something cheaper... The BEST springers I've ever seen are HFC. HoFeng (HFC) makes the heaviest, most durable and realistic sring guns. I've had a Glock 17 of theirs and bought my Bond-lovin' friend a P99. Their heavy-series have full sized mags, open ejection ports, working safetys... Just stay away from their economy class gas pistols.

You should also check out the RPB boards here They sometimes have airsofters hanging out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.