main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA not star wars related but still cool...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by gloominara_unruli, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gloominara_unruli

gloominara_unruli Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    as everyone probably knows by now i do roller derby. the other league in richmond, va (river city rollergirlls)is holding an exposition bout on dec 3. even though this is not the league i skate with, its still nice to promote our sisters in derby. it will be held at the hull street skateland (right next to the food lion going towards the city). it will be at 7pm. you can purchase tickets at plan 9, world of mirth, vapor salon,ipanema and wonderland. we are probably going to go, when we purchase tickets ill let everyone know how much the tickets are. if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message!

gloominara

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    Cool info Miranda. I hope to make it, I have never been to a derby before.

The cool thing about Fanforce is that our events don't have to be Star Wars related, they just have to be fun! We are all about supporting our fellow members so I hope that others can make a night of it.

Being that derby can be a bit on the rough side, are there any recommended age restrictions?

3. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Good call! Should I bring the family or just beer?[face_devil]

4. gloominara_unruli

Nov 19, 2006
    im not sure what the age limit is on this event but i know im not going to bring my kids. im pretty sure there is going to be alcohol already there. you can also get tickets at the door, but if you try to get them($12) at the door get there early. im hoping that kevin will feel better by this weekend so we can go,but with his crohn's disease flaring up we dont know what we are doing until that day. our league just split up into teams last night so we should be bouting sometime soon. we are talking about having an exhibition bout in dec (at least we've played around with that idea). our league is still pretty new. we've only been around since late august. we are always looking for referees, time keepers, announcers, security, e.m.t.s,etc so if you know anyone please pass the word around. im trying to push the nerd team idea for us and for the most part the girls like it,but some are too hip for it so thats still up in the air. keep your fingers crossed for me that my idea gets used!

gloominara

5. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I'm partial to a Star Wars team, everyone loves SW, and especially the younger crowds find it very cool. I guess it depends on what your audience is (I have no idea of the demographics of the derby crowd), but SW spans all generations.

Who knows, maybe our local Vader and some troopers could come out to support your team if they did a SW theme, and announce "there will be no one to stop us this time!"

Possible names:
    The Imperial Blockade (a lot of blocking in derby isnt there?)
    The Death Stars
    The Death Star Runners (play on DS Gunner)
    The Emperors Hands (Palpatine can be your mascot)
    The Shock Troopers (prepare to be Shocked!)
    Grievous' Groupies (ok Im stretching here...)
    The Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (a little long huh...)

Throw some imperial cog stickers on your gear, maybe some helmet painting to match the theme a little (Shocktrooper white with red bars...) and you would look great. :)

6. gloominara_unruli

Nov 19, 2006
    those names are awesome! im gonna run them by my team and see what their thoughts on thhe names and theme.

miranda

7. gloominara_unruli

Nov 19, 2006
    i found out last night that the league im with is having an open house @ the ashland skateland on the 13th of december. all are invited. we will have a couple scrimmages and tell all about what derby is and what it means to us. hope to see all your smiling faces there. if you need directions, let me know![face_dancing]

mrs.unruli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.