main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not the Last, But the First [AU, Drama; Luke Skywalker, OCs]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SunriderJazz, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunriderJazz

SunriderJazz Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2009
    Title: Not the Last, But the First
    Author: SunriderJazz
    Timeframe: 7 ABY
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, original characters
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, Epic
    Keyword[s]: bildungsroman
    Summary: Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker arrives on the Outer Rim planet of Taris to negotiate the planet?s release from the control of Imperial Moff Archtrayn. In the midst of negotiations, he discovers the young Force-sensitive Shan Orrus. Just take a guess what happens, readers.
    Notes: My attempt at a coming-of-age tale. Criticism, positive and negative, is appreciated [face_peace]

[image=http://i49.tinypic.com/288g9k.jpg]
    [i][b]Taris, 7 ABY[/b][/i]

He could not help but think back to Tatooine at times, when things had been a bit easier. Perhaps, that was an understatement. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, or what seemed like it, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker had thought taking potshots at womp rats from his T-16 skyhopper in Beggar?s Canyon had been difficult. That now probably paled in comparison to having to deal with an Imperial Moff from some Outer Rim star system that would rather not sign a treaty that would hand the Ojoster system over to the three-year-old New Republic.

If not that, then at least the planet of Taris would prove a fine addition, whose ecumenopolis rivaled that of the capital Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa and would prove a valuable resource in the government?s attempts to take back control of the Outer Rim. But, Moff Archtrayn seemed stubborn, perhaps a bit too much - something Luke noted was very common in other Imperials. The Moff of the Ojoster system was a slim man, with a salt-and-pepper crew cut and a neatly trimmed black goatee that complimented his jet-black Moff?s uniform quite exceptionally. He was perhaps forty, maybe forty-five, galactic standard years of age.

?General Skywalker,? the Moff stated emphatically, waving an aged glass of Vasirian brandy around in his right hand, ?you can not realistically expect me to hand over Taris, or other planets within this region of space, without some kind of fair payment from your government.? He leaned back in his leather chair behind his desk, taking a sip from the wine glass with a smug smirk on his face, the tips of his black goatee pointing upwards toward the ceiling as he smiled.

?I believe this initial offer is an extremely fair one, sir.? Luke explained with a genuine smile, sitting motionlessly in his chair across from the man with the salt-and-pepper hair. ?We will allow you a pardon from most, if not all, of your war crimes along with retirement to any planet within Republic space as you wish and we get the Ojoster system. I honestly don?t see the problem here.?

Luke didn?t need the Force to tell that the Moff was still not pleased with the offer, for his grin instantly turned itself over and his eyes began to flash some anger, two tiny black beads of space that stared at the blue-on-blue eyes of the Jedi Knight as though he were searching him for something. The Jedi Knight sighed, pushing back strands of sandy-blonde hair off of his forehand with his uncovered right hand. Was it just him, or did diplomacy actually make him wish he was back in his X-wing in the first Death Star?s trenches attempting to destroy the battle station?

Archtrayn sighed, then leaned forward in his chair, hands clasped together in front of him, his chin resting between his palms, before asking, ?Does the Republic really believe that it is the top of the metaphorical ?galaxy food chain? right now? Honestly??

[i]Interesting[/i], a surprised Luke thought. He had not given much thought to this, for he had been pre-occupied with a number of other matters. The Jedi Knight quickly scoured the depths of his brain for answers, before retorting, ?Wouldn?t our occupation of Coruscant make us stable at the top of that food chain?? The New Republic had captured the one-time Imperial capital of Coruscant almost a year ago, an engagement Luke remembered fondly as he watched the New Re

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

I?m open to change, but,? he added with quite the hearty laugh, ?not much, honestly.?

I'm not sure if that is supposed to have me worried, but it does! :p

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.