Before Not the Lesson Intended. Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, light humor Part 2 up 012606

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: Not the Lesson Intended
    Author(s): Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is about 15
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Genre: a 2 part vignette, some humor
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: When Obi-Wan is attacked, Qui-Gon comes to the rescue. But what are the ultimate consequences?

Chapter 1 You Are No Burden

?Qui-Gon!? The cry for help may or may not have been vocal, but the Jedi felt it as a surge through the Force. He was on his feet in an instant, lightsaber ignited in his hand as he dashed off to find his Padawan. What the Force had happened! They were through with their mission, indeed, were about to catch a transport back to the Temple and Obi-Wan had gone on ahead.

Obi-Wan was no longer a boy, not yet a man, and beginning to want some independence. There had been no reason to keep him waiting since he was ready to be off, and Qui-Gon had shooed him off for a little exploring before meeting at the ship.

What had the boy stumbled into, and what was happening to him?

Gritting his teeth as he ran, long hair streaming behind him, he reached out. ?Obi-Wan, what is it? What?s happening??

?Master ? droids, attacking ? too many,? Obi-Wan thought.

?Where??

?Two blocks north, east one block.?

Neither wasted effort on why. Why was for later.

Wanting nothing more than to burst into the place, Qui-Gon paused and concentrated all his Force senses ahead of him. Obi-Wan was inside, deeply focused on his fight, but he spared a quick second to acknowledge Qui-Gon?s arrival.

?Wait, wait,? he sent, and leaped to the opposite side of the room. ?Now!?

The Jedi leapt through the doorway to see the droids wheel and concentrate on his Padawan. Obi-Wan was fighting well, as well as Qui-Gon had ever seen, but he was outnumbered and outmatched. Qui-Gon?s heart lurched at the sight.

?Watch out,? he roared, even as Obi-Wan went down. He toppled to the ground and his hand went limp, though his lightsaber didn?t roll away. He remained still, eyes seeming to stare lifelessly to the ceiling. Qui-Gon barely noticed the blood staining the floor.

?No!? he screamed silently but he had no time to mourn. With one Jedi disposed of, the remaining droids were free to concentrate their attack on him. Releasing his anguish ? his mourning would have to wait ? he whirled into the attack, his desire to be at Obi-Wan?s side to save him if he lived, say goodbye if he was dying, or mourn if he was gone giving him speed and strength.

He slashed and thrust, and saw three droids go down out of the corner of his eye. They were droids he hadn?t even engaged. When he saw the cause, his heart leaped. Obi-Wan glanced at him, winked, and slashed through three more with one swing of his lightsaber. The young man was on one knee, his other leg extended to the side as he slashed up and around. He had waited until the droids turned their full attention to the surviving Jedi to attack.

At this attack from the rear, the droid attack split in two. This made it easier for Qui-Gon, but he feared for his Padawan. The boy was apparently hurt, and unable to gain his feet. His lack of agility could doom him.

However, Obi-Wan was experienced enough to shift his attack from offense to defense. He wove his lightsaber close to his body, catching and deflecting bolts back into the droids, a slight smile of triumph turning up the corners of his mouth at this unexpected success.

Qui-Gon took out the last of the droids and stood in place, taking in a deep breath as he looked at his Padawan with an approving grin. The young Jedi grinned back and tried to stand, but winced as he put weight on his leg. Instantly, Qui-Gon was at his side to push him back down onto the floor.

?Let me see your leg, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon ignored the young man?s protests. Grumbling, he lay back on his elbows as his master probed at the wound. The Jedi ignored his stifled groan as his gentle fingers bandaged the wound.

?Hey, let me down!? Obi-W
  2. Lady_Snow_Kaguya Jedi Knight

star 1
    pretty neat writing, it flows pretty well. I like Obi-wan's fake-out, and Qui-gon's reaction LOL. Such a typical father-figure...XD

cant wait for more!
  3. Gkilkenny Force Ghost

star 4

Very Good

nice fast moving little story, full of everything you want in a story
    Qui-Gon and Obi-wan who could ask for more.[face_dancing]

Love how they protect each other.=D=

Waiting for part 2
  4. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Wonderful! =D= Just what I needed this morning! :D Can't wait for more.
  5. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh, I'm liking this alot. :D [face_love]

?Quiet down.? He shifted Obi-Wan easily so the young man?s head was pressed against his shoulder, muffling the sounds. ?You gave me quite a fright there, young man. When I didn?t see you move, I thought my heart would stop, then when I saw you on the attack I thought you had been faking and I wanted to grab you and shake you by the shoulders. I don?t want you to ever give me such a scare again ? what, what are you trying to say?? Awww, poor Qui-Gon! [face_love]

Working his head free, Obi-Wan gasped, ?I said you were suffocating me, Master, you had my face squished so hard against you I almost passed out.? [face_laugh]

I loved Qui's gentle lesson about accepting help when you need it. And how he was impressed that Obi actually managed to walk a few steps before he had to pick him up again. [face_love]

?Yes, Master,? he said meekly, then flashed a mischievous grin at him. ?But don?t expect me to ever carry you and actually get anywhere. You?ll have to accept being dragged, unless you?re willing to let me Force-carry you, and you know that is not one of my better skills.? [face_laugh]

I'm very much looking forward to the second half of this, Valairy_Scot! :D
  6. kenobiwanobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I really liked this.=D= More please, but take your time I would not want to harm the end product by rushing youO:) . Anyway, wonderful job.:D
  7. Layren Force Ghost

star 5
    Awwwwww that was so sweet! Adore the big gundark suffocating his own apprentice by squishing the breath out of him , yes I can see Qui doing that :p
  8. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    =D= That was really good! Can't wait for more! :D
  9. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    :D Lovely - I look forward to more!
  10. LilQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    How sweet! [face_love] I can't wait for more mush.
  11. micky-nikki Jedi Knight

star 1
    ?Yes, Master,? he said meekly, then flashed a mischievous grin at him. ?But don?t expect me to ever carry you and actually get anywhere. You?ll have to accept being dragged, unless you?re willing to let me Force-carry you, and you know that is not one of my better skills.?
    *snrk* Loved that line [face_laugh] This was really good! I can't wait for the next part!
  12. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aww... I love this. It really shows the deep relationship between Qui and Obi. It was excellent, I can't wait for more. =D==D=
  13. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Chapter 2 Stuff Happens, or You?re Not Heavy, You?re my Padawan

Qui-Gon lifted Obi-Wan, expecting at least a mild protest at being carried through the Temple, but the young man remained silent as if to show his acceptance of the prior lesson. He pushed open the door to the Healers Ward where the Padawan on duty smiled at them.

?You know the drill,? he said calmly and directed them to an exam room where Qui-Gon deposited the boy on a table.

?Here, you?re going to have to get those pants off you,? he advised. Obi-Wan glared at him. He chuckled; Obi-Wan was notoriously touchy with a modesty usually not found in Jedi. Their training usually overcame such emotions. He reluctantly complied and sat on the edge of the table in his underclothing. The bandage on his leg was spotted with blood, the wound had been deep and, Qui-Gon was sure, quite painful.

Qui-Gon moved back and crossed his arms as the door opened and the healer entered. He nodded in greeting as Healer V?keny nodded back and turned her attention to Obi-Wan.

?Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, I see you two are back again,? she sighed. ?Do you like us so well that you just can?t stay away? What happened this time??

Obi-Wan pointed to his leg glumly, ignoring the twitch of amusement on the healer?s face. Healer V?keny had been a healer in the Temple for as long as Obi-Wan could remember; as a young boy prone to boyish injuries, the young healer just out of training had more often than not been the healer who had treated him. She had continued to treat him, or his master during their not-infrequent visits for one or both of them. By now she had pet names for them both.

?This will need to be cleaned out and stitched up,? she advised after removing the bandage. She looked at Qui-Gon admiringly. ?You?re getting to be a pretty good hand at patching up wounds.?

?Practice,? he said simply, shrugging his shoulders.

?Hmm, how?d you manage to avoid getting an infection in there,? she teased Obi-Wan, referring to his pattern of having every injury turn into a near-medical emergency. ?Okay, handsome, I?d stay off that leg a few days, but you?ll be fine.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and looked imploringly at his master, who just laughed and ruffled his hair. ?Better to be called handsome than trouble,? he advised, waiting until Healer V?keny?s back was turned to roll his own eyes at her.

She updated Obi-Wan?s file and looked up with an admiring smile.

?You?ve managed to equal Qui-Gon?s records for most visits to the healers by the age of 16, and you?re not even that age yet,? she grinned. ?A dubious record, to be sure. Now, don?t trip on your way out of here. It would be nice to see you actually come in and leave without making something worse.?

?It?s not like I try,? Obi-Wan said gloomily. ?Stuff happens.?

He pulled on his pants and slid off the exam table onto his feet without thinking. He winced and looked at Qui-Gon, looked at the floor, and back at Qui-Gon. He wasn?t about to protest he was capable of going to his quarters on his own feet after Qui-Gon?s almost-reprimand earlier, but neither was he going to ask for assistance.

?I?ve got you,? the big Jedi said, as he hoisted Obi-Wan. He had carried him without thought earlier, his concern making the boy?s weight seeming as nothing, but he hadn?t really carried the boy for a few years and had forgotten how the young man had grown.

As he straightened up, he heard a creak as his back spasmed. He groaned as his knees buckled. He tried to hold onto Obi-Wan, but the young man slid out of his arms and his head cracked against the exam table.

Hearing the noise, Healer V?keny hurried back into the room to find the two Jedi sprawled on the floor. She sighed and called for help.

Qui-Gon turned his head and looked at his Padawan in the next bed as Obi-Wan stirred and whispered, ?Wh..what happened?my head hurts...??

?Your master dropped you and you hit your head,? Healer V?keny said, as her face slowly swam into focus. ?You have a concussion and he
  14. kenobiwanobi Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love that. Nice of Qui-Gon to help Obi-Wan beat his own record. [face_laugh] Great job, can't wait for more. =D=
  16. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh]

You've created some wonderful images there...

Great job.

=D=
  17. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

Now, don?t trip on your way out of here. It would be nice to see you actually come in and leave without making something worse.?

?It?s not like I try,? Obi-Wan said gloomily. ?Stuff happens.?
    It most certainly does! [face_laugh]

Love it, Valairy_Scot, awesome story! :D =D=
  18. ___Sithspawn___ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very sweet, with just the right amount of humour. Hoping to read more soon.
  19. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?Your master dropped you and you hit your head,? Healer V?keny said, as her face slowly swam into focus. ?You have a concussion and he strained his back

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very funny!

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  20. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Poor Obi! Well...Stuff happens! :p

Very good chapter! =D=
  21. Stella_Ripple Jedi Knight

star 3

?Quiet down.? He shifted Obi-Wan easily so the young man?s head was pressed against his shoulder, muffling the sounds. ?You gave me quite a fright there, young man. When I didn?t see you move, I thought my heart would stop, then when I saw you on the attack I thought you had been faking and I wanted to grab you and shake you by the shoulders. I don?t want you to ever give me such a scare again ? what, what are you trying to say??

Working his head free, Obi-Wan gasped, ?I said you were suffocating me, Master, you had my face squished so hard against you I almost passed out.?

?Oh,? the grin that greeted him was repentant; he shifted Obi-Wan slightly. ?Sorry.?

Adorable work on their relationship [face_love] and this post [face_laugh] and Kenobi pulls back into the lead as Jinn slips up, or rathers lets him slip!

Great stuff =D=
  22. -Darksaber- Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Jedi_Tigris Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] Oh, poor Obi-Wan. Stuff certainly does seem to happen to him, doesn't it? Qui-Gon, this one is completely your fault. :p Love how his caring for Obi-Wan shows though.

Wonderful job! Hope there will be more to this!
  24. Veloz Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh] this is a cool one so far...cant wait to see what comes next :)
  25. Noelie Jedi Master

star 4
    You certainly captured just how difficult men often are as patients. I can't tell you how often scenes like this were repeated when I was a nurse.

Sadly, all to often you nickname "favorite" frequent patients... [face_dancing]

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.