main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not the Time to Cry ***Do you want a sequel?***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Chilla, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :D
    Thanks so much! [:D]

Thanks, bro! [:D] Was it Skiara who taught you that? :)
    The epilogue won't contain any action scenes. Hope that's not bad. [face_worried]

And I thought Tenel Ka and Mara were described very bad. :D *is relieved*
    Esp Tenel Ka is difficult to write, but I always thought she and Jaina could become much better friends if they only had the time. So I risked making Tenel a bit different than the one in the books to make it possible.

Well, for Mara....you only have to give her a sharp tongue. :D

[face_laugh] Glad you liked my Kyp and the Corran-breakfast.

I also view Jacen as the one who wants to protect his sis, but there wasn't much he could do in this fic.

Yepp, I knew from the beginning that it would end or be one of the ending scenes that contained the song and from the other ideas I had, I knew which part of the song to use for the title.
    Btw: My first title-idea was "Love and Despair", but I had a "bad feeling about it". :D Didn't sound that good.

[:D] Thx! You're very fast at reading! =D=

2. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    yeah ... from Austria to England ;) :D

[:D]

keep writing ;) :D

~ Mags ~

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *gives her sweetie a happy grin: http://www.petridish.net/picview.asp?picid=693256&a=25884 !*

Good taste you have, young one!

4. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yay, that's cool! :)

I try to, but it has become very difficult since school has started again. :(

:D Thank you! Since you are my (e-) mum, it comes from your side of the family, right? :D :D :D

5. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    :D

loved it...

hope to see another story soon?

-A[face_coffee]

6. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Nah, before I come up with another story, you'll get the epilogue. Sadly, I'm currently very busy with school and when I finally have time to come here, I'm too exhausted to sit down and write... :(

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Ha! But here you go now! Thx again to my great beta! [:D]

And thank you for reading! You're what makes me writing! [:D] @};- [:D]

Epilogue

Jaina felt like drowning in grief. Although she was a couple with Kyp now, she could help feeling unhappy and weep for Anni. The loss of the young woman had hit her like a hammer right after the battle was over and she?d found time to rest. She still couldn?t believe how it had come to this. She?d been there, so close to her?

And now she stood in front of his door. Him, the only person she felt able to talk to. She wondered how she could have been so blind. He?d always been there for her, but when a talk with him could have comforted her or lightened her mood, she hadn?t wanted to. She had told herself to be strong, told herself she could do it without help.
    She?d been wrong.

Taking a deep breath, she opened the door.

Jaina knew she was one of only two persons who never knocked at this door. But that was okay, she was always welcome here.

Entering Jacen?s small cabin deep inside the Ralroost, she suddenly wondered whether he?d ever felt alone here. It looked so empty. She remembered his room in the Massassi temple on Yavin 4. This one here was very different, missing all the animals her brother had used to keep.

Her twin sat on his bed and looked up at her. Apparently, he had known she?d come.

Without a word, Jaina sat down next to him and snuggled against him. Jacen only wrapped his arms around her and they sat still for an eternity. But inside their heads, they were re-establishing their twinbond; sharing their whole life with each other, all things they hadn?t talked about.

Jaina felt like they were finally whole again; one being in two bodies.

When they stood up again, they didn?t need to talk anymore.

?What does Uncle Luke want from me?? Jaina asked.
    Jacen shrugged; it felt like she?d done it.

?You know it!? She accused him, but accepted that he wanted to keep this little secret. Obviously, he thought she?d be thrilled.

Well, then let?s see what he?s so excited about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaina entered the docking bay where her uncle was waiting for her and immediately wished she could turn around and run away, only that Jacen was blocking the door behind her.

The hangar was perfectly clean and with just one single ships standing around. Only that the hangar wasn?t empty.
    A huge crowed had gathered; most of them of members of the crew, but also many Jedi and Jaina?s family.

In the middle of the docking bay stood an X-Wing. Jaina recognized it as her uncles, with him standing on top of it.

It seemed like the ship was now functioning as some kind of stage.

Jacen activated his lightsaber and forced her to go further into the hangar. All other Jedi also drew their weapons and held them in front of them, standing at the sides of a way through the crowed, leading right to her uncle.

Steadying herself, Jaina walked calmly towards the X-Wing and stopped in front of it.

Luke Skywalker, founder of the New Jedi Order, raised his voice.

?This young woman standing in front of you has saved the life of many people; of our friends and relatives.
    Here she stands now, one of us. She has gone through sorrow and grief, anger and hurt; just like all of us did during this cruel war.

But like us, she has survived it and came out even stronger than before.

Thanks to her, this ship was freed from the hands of the Vong, which turned the tide of the battle and led to our victory.
    Ithor is save now, thanks to her fighting for the ones she loves, for our homes.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present you, Jedi-Master Jaina Solo!?

Jaina felt heat on her cheeks, caused by all the pride and good wishes she could feel radiating from the people around her. In her uncles eyes she saw what she had to do.

Turning around to the crowed ? no, her friends ? she ignited her lightsaber. A thundering applause erupted.

The next minutes she spent with shak

8. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    =D=
    So you finished it and I liked the epilogue.

But now the details.
    You caught Jaina very well, she is a bit stubborn, but also shy and unsure about herself, how we see it in the first part with her twin. He was always there and ready to help her. I'm glad everything is okay between this two, now. :)
    Although I have to admit, I first thought it would be Kyp [face_blush]

I liked the ceremony-szene, especially because you don't let Annie die. I'm so glad about it :) It was emotional and I could feel some of Jainas happyness,and Anakin is now with the Rouges, that's also great :D The explanation about her survival is also logical, I think. So much happened there and Jaina has no reason to doubt her death, so it's no wonder, she didn't notice, Annie didn't die.

The End with Mara and Luke was so great [face_laugh] This names, poor Luke, I think, he has got a problem. But perhaps Daddy or a certain Jedi-Master was able to put some sense in Mara :p She likes Ben, that's good, the other names are so... ugly...

I only dislike one fact, that's you make Jaina a Master. I thought, there is a Knight before and Jaina was only the Apprentice of Mara. She rescued a lot of people, but this didn't make her a master in my opinion. It make her a Knight, no apprentice anymore of course, but a master is another matter for me. I just think, you should be a Knight before you get promoted to Master, because although she did a great job in rescuing all this people, she has still to learn a lot. I'm sorry, but that's the only point I don't like so much. I hope, you can understand me @};-

But nevertheless it's a really well done epilogue and I like it, Master [:D]

9. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, Jedi Master Jaina Solo. :D

Lovely epilogue, sis. [:D]

10. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Excellent! =D= The ceremony scene was a nicely done and it was great to see her feel the happiness.
    The banter between Luke and Mara was good comedy. :D I like how she teased him with those names.

11. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Loved it...That was a wonderful ending to a wonderful story...=D=

I can't wait to read more from you...

FL @};-

12. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    great job!!!!!!! Yay for being a master and Anni not dying!!!! Great job!

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks so much for your comment! [:D]

My reason to promote her to Masterhood was because she showed a much deeper insight into the force in the last chapter and also rose above her training, which is one think that in my opinion, shows truly mastery of the force.
    But I can understand you don't like it and your reasoning is also understandable.

And I'm glad you liked the Luke/Mara scene. It was really funny coming up with the ugliest names I could think of. [face_devil] :D

No, I couldn't let Anni die. I've just killed Jacen in "Left Behind" and I didn't like the idea of killing a person Jaina loves again.

Thanks for reading, bro! [:D]

LOL! It was funny writing that scene. :D
    [:D] Thanks for reading!

[face_blush] Thanks! [:D]

A response to a challenge by me will be up soon. It's called "In my twin's body". That was even funnier writing.
    Shall I let you know when it's up?

Nevertheless, thank you very very much for reading! [:D]

Thx! I thought it would be a nice thing. After all I sent Jaina through...poor girl.

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *hastens in with light speed!*

Great, simply great! And very touching!

*knows that twins can share special moments without words from her master & commander DU!*

But he has NOT really PSI powers... even though he is indeed very good in reading my silly little mind!

*grins!*

Anyway, like Cem I though you were talking about Kyp!

*blushes!*

Great intriguing moment!

*thinks she can expect more great things from you in future!*

15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Yepp, I hope so. The challenge response will be up soon, in a few days. But you can also have the un-betaed work if you want to. :)

[:D] And mum, you're not silly.

16. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006

You are welcome [:D]
    You know, I like commenting fanfics. ;)

Hm... I think, I understand it better now.

I'm wondering if Mara only wanted to tease Luke or if she really want to have a kid with one f this names [face_worried]How cruel, the poor kid...

I read you write another story? [face_batting]

17. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Congratulations for completing the story!!!

Oh ,Sweet Force! I loved the epilogue! Especially the dialogue between Mara and Luke[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]:

“You. Stole. My. Apprentice.” His wife glared at him angrily.
    “By appointing her to Master- without even asking me!”

Hehe. Usually she accused Kyp of stealing Jaina. Nice change. Btw. I was quite surprised that she got promoted to Master at so young age, but but- she deserved it after all :)

Ouch! When she looks like that, something very nasty for me is going to come… Luke thought desperated.

“I’ll do everything you want!” Luke screamed, just wishing she’d stop looking at him like that.

-Again- Luke has an opportunity to see what Kyp had to go through with his wife...

“Good!” Mara grinned triumphantly.
    -Ooops!I just imagined her saying that the way palpatine did...:p

Mara Jade Skywalker, formerly known as the Emperor’s Right Hand, pointed with her index finger at her husband.

“I’ll choose the name of our child!” She announced.

Oh no! Of all the bad things...why this?

- No faith in his wife's taste has he, hmmm???[face_alien_1]

“For a girl, I’d like Kunigunde.” Mara said proudly.
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]...Actually- my father planned on naming me Kunigunde, so...

Kunigunde Skywalker?!
    NOOOOOOOO!!!! Luke stared at his wife like she’d just forced him to swallow a deathstar.

-...so I can understand Luke's reaction pretty well (my mum reacted quite the same way, fortunately...)

“Close your mouth, darling. It looks stupid and besides, I haven’t finished yet.” Mara said smoothly.

Wonder what comes next. It can’t possibly get worse...

- How wrong a Jedi Master can be...:D

“How about Friedbert for a boy? Now, that’s a good name, don’t you think so, Farmboy?”
    -Hmmm...Maybe,maybe ? "fried" means "peace", doesn't it? Could be a name for a warchild...hehe:D .
    I'm not sure it isn't better than Kleofas (it was the name my father picked out for my brother... Fortunately Mum was faster and baptized him Marko...)

Luke felt like throwing up. That wasn’t fair.

[face_laugh][face_laugh]-"Life's not fair"-as Papa Roach nicely put it...

“Seriously, please!” He pleaded her.

“Jady Skywalker!” Mara prompted.

Luke rolled his eyes. And what comes next? Jaden Skywalker?

Why not? There was f.ex. Jaden Korr... Nice name, hmmm[face_thinking]

And generally- I liked the whole story :) I won't comment all the previous chapters i had to catch up with, but I have to say, that I loved the song. It explained the reason for the title(Not the time to cry) and was really nicely interwoven in the story. Great job!=D=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [face_good_luck]

18. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Cem_Fel:

You are welcome [:D]
    You know, I like commenting fanfics. ;)

Hm... I think, I understand it better now.

I'm wondering if Mara only wanted to tease Luke or if she really want to have a kid with one f this names [face_worried]How cruel, the poor kid...

I read you write another story? [face_batting] [/quote]

That's good.

Mara only wanted to tease him. Only the last one was really meant seriously.

Yepp! I'll tell you when it's up. But it's not a story, it's only viggie length.

[:D] And I like that you're commenting my stories! @};-

master_jade:

Congratulations for completing the story!!!

Thanks! [:D]

Oh ,Sweet Force! I loved the epilogue! Especially the dialogue between Mara and Luke[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]:

LOL! I knew you'd like it. :D

"You. Stole. My. Apprentice." His wife glared at him angrily.
    "By appointing her to Master- without even asking me!"

Hehe. Usually she accused Kyp of stealing Jaina. Nice change. Btw. I was quite surprised that she got promoted to Master at so young age, but but- she deserved it after all :)

I'm glad you also see it that way. :)

Ouch! When she looks like that, something very nasty for me is going to come... Luke thought desperated.

"I'll do everything you want!" Luke screamed, just wishing she'd stop looking at him like that.

-Again- Luke has an opportunity to see what Kyp had to go through with his wife...

LOL! That's true. Poor Kyp!

"Good!" Mara grinned triumphantly.

-Ooops!I just imagined her saying that the way palpatine did...:p

[face_devil]

Mara Jade Skywalker, formerly known as the Emperor's Right Hand, pointed with her index finger at her husband.

"I'll choose the name of our child!" She announced.

Oh no! Of all the bad things...why this?

- No faith in his wife's taste has he, hmmm???[face_alien_1]

[face_laugh]

"For a girl, I'd like Kunigunde." Mara said proudly.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]...Actually- my father planned on naming me Kunigunde, so...

:eek: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh my! I almost lost my pepsi when reading this....

Kunigunde Skywalker?!
    NOOOOOOOO!!!! Luke stared at his wife like she’d just forced him to swallow a deathstar.
    -...so I can understand Luke's reaction pretty well (my mum reacted quite the same way, fortunately...)

=D= for your mother.

"Close your mouth, darling. It looks stupid and besides, I haven't finished yet." Mara said smoothly.

Wonder what comes next. It can't possibly get worse...
    - How wrong a Jedi Master can be...:D

"How about Friedbert for a boy? Now, that's a good name, don't you think so, Farmboy?"

-Hmmm...Maybe,maybe ? "fried" means "peace", doesn't it? Could be a name for a warchild...hehe:D .

Yeah, Frieden. I guess the name comes from that.

[face_devil] warchild.....

I'm not sure it isn't better than Kleofas (it was the name my father picked out for my brother... Fortunately Mum was faster and baptized him Marko...)

[face_sick] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm glad your mother is that fast.

"Seriously, please!" He pleaded her.

"Jady Skywalker!" Mara prompted.

Luke rolled his eyes. And what comes next? Jaden Skywalker?

Why not? There was f.ex. Jaden Korr... Nice name, hmmm [face_thinking]

I kinda like the name Jaden.

And generally- I liked the whole story :) I won't comment all the previous chapters i had to catch up with, but I have to say, that I loved the song. It explained the reason for the title(Not the time to cry) and was really nicely int

19. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Yay! I <3ed it! Great job!

20. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks! [:D] @};-

Thanks you all for eading!

21. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Gladly done Chilla [:D] and sorry for not commenting on your great work. I try to find a moment to really write something, but then wait too long and am tired before having done so - but, I do really enjoy reading your work!

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I love things that cheer me up: DU, hot peppermint tea with honey, your fanfics...

23. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    No problem, dad! [:D] I know how it is to be busy.

My fanfics? o_O Cool! :D [:D] [face_dancing]

24. goddess_sticks

goddess_sticks Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2006
    I just read this whole story and it was really fun. :D

Great job! =D=

25. _sticks

_sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    love the story. is ther going 2 be a sequel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.