main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not What It Seems"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by val solo, Dec 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Good grief! Technology is a pain sometimes! My internet connections have been so on-again-off-again lately that I haven't been able to post any story parts for quite a while.

Anyway, here's a piece for you. Enjoy!

Not What It Seems.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Faster than anyone could blink, Mahlee had sprung forward and now held Arella in place with a dagger pressing against her throat. Arella gasped in terror but dared not move.

"I knew there was a reason I didn't like you," Mahlee growled into her captive's ear.

"Mahlee!" her mother shouted. "Let her go this instant!"

"No, Mother!" the girl resisted. "She lied to us. She's taken advantage of our hospitality, eaten our food -- of which we have very little. It's her and her kind that have put us in this miserable situation to begin with. She should pay!"

Arella gasped again as Mahlee's grip tightened around her waist and the knife grazed her skin. She blinked hard and then opened her eyes to see a bewildered Del standing before her. No friendly smile warmed his face this time, only an expression of wounded betrayal as he recalled the secrets he had divulged the day before.

"Is Jex right? Are you really 'her'?" he asked.

She hesitated before finally whispering a faint "yes." The astonished look on Del's face let her know that he was crushed by this revelation. Dropping his head, he turned and walked away.

"Mahlee," Daylonne asserted again.

"Yes, Mahlee, please put that knife away," Jex ordered casually. "She's of no use to us dead."

The girl eyed Jex carefully, contemplating his words before slowly letting her hand drop to her side. Arella crumbled to her knees, her hands around her throat as if checking to make sure it was still unscathed.

"This is ridiculous!" Daylonne declared angrily. "I don't care who she is, I will not allow someone to be treated like this in my home! Mahlee, I will discuss your behavior with you later. The rest of you, go. Jex, come with Miss Tenot and me into the hut." The woman kindly helped Arella up from the ground, dusting off the plain dress she had loaned the young woman earlier that morning. "I'm so sorry, Ana--- I mean, Arella," she corrected. She put her arm around Arella and led her back inside the hut.

Jex followed the two women inside with a feeling of triumph filling his breast. Yes, now he would have a positive report to send back to headquarters. Now the rest of their plan could continue. Everyone was already in place and just waiting for the word. Victory was close at hand.

Then he remembered..... she hadn't been alone.

He moved up close behind her and leaned in to whisper in her ear. "Where's your 'friend', Miss Tenot? The one with the shiny toy?" he asked. Arella snapped her head around and glared daggers at him. She wouldn't give this scum the pleasure of a response. "Was anyone with her?" he finally asked Daylonne realizing Arella wasn't going to cooperate with him.

"Yes. A young man.... Ben," the woman replied as she cleared the table of bread dough.

Again Jex laughed out loud for the second time in mere minutes. Still Arella glared at him in disgust. "Ben?" he managed in between guffaws. "Is that who Mylo is with?" Daylonne nodded. "Ben -- or whatever his real name is -- just so happens to be a Jedi."

"What?!" Daylonne exclaimed stopping in mid-wipe of the table. "A Jedi?" She glanced to Arella for confirmation and the look on the young woman's face was assurance enough. "Oh, my! That rather complicates things, doesn't it?"

"Maybe... but maybe not." Jex pushed Arella into a chair and then pulled Daylonne off to the side for a private conversation. "Daylonne, this is exactly the chance we've been waiting for. I had hoped to have her several days ago, but we have her now. We can proceed with our original plan."

Should she tell them that she could hear every word they were saying?, Arella wondered. No, she decided to play dumb for the time being. What were they going to do with h

2. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay, yell... scream... whatever. I deserve it. It's been way too long since I last posted. It took a while to decide on where this story was going, and mix in a bunch of yucky real life junk I've had to deal with over the past months and here I am.

Anyway, here is the end of Obi and Arella's time together. Enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not What It Seems?Epilogue

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood ramrod straight at the bottom of the ramp in his usual Jedi pose, his brow furrowed in a frown of the utmost concentration. A million thoughts and memories were flooding his mind, and it was taking all his mastery of the Force to keep himself calm and block his raging emotions from his companion. He chanced a sideways glance under his hood at his young padawan, trying to sense if Anakin had any idea of how unsettled his master was.

The boy--- well, he was no longer a boy anymore for he stood at least half a foot taller than Obi-Wan himself--- was also hooded, but made no move to look at Obi-Wan. Instead, he looked straight ahead at the city that awaited them in its entire opulent splendor. Never had he seen such a sight in all of his eighteen years.

?Master, Shreeana is beautiful!? the young Jedi exclaimed softly.

?Yes, Anakin, it is,? Obi-Wan replied flatly, willing the nerves in his stomach to flee. The thought of seeing her again after all of this time was quite unnerving to his usually calm demeanor. It wouldn?t take much for Anakin to sense it and use it to his advantage. The boy was always trying to find out about his master?s past and use it against him when it benefited the padawan.

The young man turned to face his master. ?Why didn?t you tell me about how wonderful it is? You have been here before, right? Master Yoda said as much at our briefing.?

?It was a long time ago. I?m afraid I don?t remember much about it.? Obi-Wan quickly shifted his gaze away from Anakin. Skywalker?s left eyebrow rose in suspicion. There was more to this, he was certain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

The time for action had come after several days of intense planning by the rebel forces striving to take over the government and ensure freedom for all citizens. Arella was going to be the main player in this political game. She was the key to getting to her father, and she was taking her responsibility very seriously.

Obi-Wan watched her as they waited behind the corner of the main government complex. She had a determined look on her face, and he almost felt sorry for her father. The man had no idea what was in store for him. She was amazing. And it wasn?t just her appearance. Arella had changed over the past weeks from a spoiled immature girl into an admirable woman of action. He had no doubts that she would succeed in whatever she set her mind to do.

?What are you looking at?? she asked playfully once she finally realized he was staring at her.

He blushed at having been found out and turned even redder when she grinned that sly little grin and sidled up close to him. He swallowed hard. Somehow, even though they had grown closer, he still got tongue tied around her and always stumbled over his words. Arella knew this and took full advantage of the situation to plant a soft, sensuous kiss on his lips. Pulling back, she let out a contented little moan, which only served to unnerve him more.

?I?ve been thinking,? Arella began.

?Uh-oh!? Obi-Wan interjected. She punched him in the shoulder and gave him a cold glare before continuing.

?I?ll ignore that this time, Kenobi.? He smiled. He loved their playful banter. ?Anyway, like I said, I?ve been thinking? seriously? and if everything goes according to plan, and we succeed in gaining control of the government?? she looked up at him with her big brown eyes and his heart did a flip-flop, ?? I want you to stay here? with me.? Arella waited and watched him for just a few seconds before adding to her speech. ?I mean, you?re the reason I?m here doing this anyway? and I?ve gotten really? attached to you

3. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Wow, Val, I almost missed this and I'm so glad I didn't! I really like the way you ended this; I think the epilogue idea works very well. I like how we got to see how Arella's life turned out and the bittersweet way things turned out between her and Obi-Wan.

Great story and I'm so glad you were finally able to finish it! :)

4. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    I was hoping you would contunie with it, not end it! *I read this at fanfiction.net but this last part*

I have my own story with Obi and a girl, but I have to write it frist.

5. TheDarth

TheDarth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    *sniff sniff* i found this and loved it!

6. val solo

Jun 22, 2000
    Just upping!

7. Padawan_Merlot

Padawan_Merlot Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    *claps and cheers* awww that was so heartwarming... just the very end bit... awwww... I also have a stroy about Obi-Wan and a girl... is it just me or does everyone? UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.