main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Not what they say, but how they say it.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Prospecting on Subtyrrell, Jun 3, 2015.

1. jc1138

jc1138 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 16, 2004
    I love, when Mace and posse show up, how the chancellor says "So I take it General Greivous was defeated? I must say, you're here sooner than expected." There is a little lilt to the last word. He knows exactly why the Jedi are there and what they intend (and that they know that he knows); a nice little _____ ___ to the Jedi.

Alienware likes this.
  2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Liam Neeson was acted out Qui-Gon's annoyance for Jar Jar, particularly on Tatooine very well. And the way he smiles at and manipulates Wattoo is funny.

3. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
  4. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
  5. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Agree with this, but I would also add Liam Neeson to the list of the actors who seem to be able to make any line work. Also the actress who plays Shmi (her name escapes me at the moment).

A lot of my fave Obi moments have been mentioned already, but I'm not sure if these have been:
    • The way he yells "Come to your senses! What do you think would Padme would do were she in your position?" to Anakin in AOTC. He delivers the line with such strength and authority.
    • The "I will do what I must" line to Anakin on Mustafar. The line itself is great as well, but Ewan's noble, calm, and steady delivery only further enhances its powerful effect.
    ^This...I love these little smiles too! In fact, one might say that my appreciation of them is almost...palpable :p

6. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Prospecting, you're not going to get away with it alone. I love this part--

It wasn't my fault, really!
    [​IMG]

Sebulba flashed with his vents... I actually saved the pod...[​IMG]

....Mostly.
    [​IMG]

Jake was just excellent in this part. He even moves is mouth side ways ever so slightly when he said "Mostly"

MJ

7. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    I love his...fond(?!) smile when he recounts the story of Plagueis. So creepy.

8. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Yes! You can totally see him watching the past replay in his mind as he tells the story, internally savoring all his memories.

MarcJordan, Iron_lord, mes520 and 2 others like this.
  9. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Watto: Ani? Little Ani? Naaah...( then that droid part is fixed by Anakin) You are Ani! It is you! Ya sure sprouted! A Jedi! Waddya know? (then after that commendation) Watto back to his self centeredness " Hey, maybe you couldda help wit some deadbeats who owe me a lot of money..." - Love this can watch it without tiring, especially when I feel under the weather. :D

Anakin: Tell us now!!! Hayden's pulls this anger off perfectly imo.

Jango: Never heard of him. (cool and unruffled but intimidating answer. Works nicely.)
    They'll do their job well. I guarantee that. (smooth assurance there!)

Lama Su: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. But I'm sure he would have been proud of the army we've built for him (the PM seems genuine when says the first part. However see how he isn't too bothered by it the next second when brushes his hand off his thigh, when saying the other part.)

Padme: The trouble is not everyone agrees. (good scene here. - Notice the camera before that is in motion surrounding the couple slowly while they discuss politics and the Senate, then when Nat says "trouble" the motion stops!)

Anakin: Of course not me!
    Padme: But someone?
    Anakin: Someone wise. (speaks for itself. Good stuff!)

Heck that meadow scene and discussion is just so well done. :cool:

MJ

FRAGWAGON, mes520 and Iron_lord like this.
  10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    This.

This is probably one of the best acted, and written scenes in the PT.

I also love Ewan's delivery of the "let her go, Anakin. LET. HER. GO" it kinda gets you ready for the whooping Anakin is about to receive from the big man Kenobi.

11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
  12. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm sure this has been said before, with the mountain of lists people have posted.

But I like how General Grievous says to Kenobi in ROTS "Army or not, you must realize you are doomed".

With the zoom up of the generals eyes.

Also really liked what Rabs said above.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I loooooove this one. I always feel like he knows about Order 66 and has a mental smirk and nod here, assuming soon, that Obi Wan will be taken out with the Jedi.

Chris_Fives, MarcJordan and Iron_lord like this.
  14. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    "I want to go home and rethink my life."

15. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Just a few more....

C3PO: What does that mean? That means Im in charge here! (makes me laugh every time)
    Shut me down! (another hilarious line and the way he moves his head looking at the machinery) . Machine's making machines. How perverse! (took my breath away first time i saw this. Never thought that way before but yet made me snicker)

Qui Gon: You must have Jedi reflexes if you race pods (love the way he's having his snack when saying it so casually) and then.....catches Jar Jar's tongue. What timing! (comedic as well as uncanny)

Jar Jar: Small part of it would be ahhh....mesaaa...ahhh...clumsy (Jar Jar's bowed down look shows how embarrassed he is and you can hear him hitting his thigh and thus sincerely disappointed with himself)

Sio Bibble: A communications disruption can mean only one thing...invasion! (great line, to the point and common sense) Oliver's facial assuredness and nod makes it all the more thespian, like James Earl Jones oh yes it is! :cool:

MJ

mes520 likes this.
  16. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    More than 3 weeks and counting so.....

TPM

Negotiation? We've lost all communications!...and where are the Chancellors Ambassadors?

Your negotiations, seemed to have FAILED!
    Either choice presents a great risk...to all of us...

You can't take Her Royal Highness there! The Hutts are gangsters... If they discovered her...

Not likely. We have nothing of value, that's our problem.

I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon.
    AOTC

You can tell me what THIS is.

I'd say 12 parsecs outside the Richie Maze.

Cloners....are they friendly?

Depends on what, Dex?

I should think you Jedi would have more respect for the difference between knowledge and....heh heh heh....WISDOM.

Uh, negotiations with a lightsaber, ha ha....thank you.

If Master Obi Wan caught me doing this, he'd be very grumpy.

If you plan to protect me...you'll just have to come along.

ROTS

This is where the fun begins.

He's trying.

You mean, do I know how to land what's left of this thing?

Under the circumstances, I'd say the ability to pilot this thing is irrelevant. Strap yourselves in.

Not to worry, we're still flying half the ship.

We're coming in too hot.

Oh no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the Council. Besides, someone needs to be the poster boy.

What nonsense is this???

I wish I knew.

Oh, by the way, I think you'll be needing this

MJ

17. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I haven't watched ROTS (or any of the prequels) in ages, but the venom behind McDiarmid's "Do it!" is magnificent.

MarcJordan and Agent M like this.
  18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    [​IMG]

"I sense great fear in you, Skywalker. You have hate. You have anger. But you don't use them."

Intense performance and delivery from Lee in this moment.

19. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    "Where is Padme? Is she safe? Is she alright?" JEJ's delivery was so tender, something we've never heard from Darth Vader since ROTJ.

20. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Obi Wan, may the force be with you.

Goodbye old friend. May the force be with you.

A really strong moment when you now look at the whole saga.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  21. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    It comes after an over-long fight and people do tend to mock the preceding 'I have the high ground!' (probably justifiably given film!Obi-Wan's winning record is almost entirely due to beating people on higher ground than he is) but McGregor's delivery of 'Don't try it!' is just magnificent. With his expression as well you can just tell that he knows exactly what Anakin is about to try and do, and exactly what he's going to do in counterpoint - and that he's finally reached the point of no return. He'll do what it takes and it breaks his heart.

And another that always gets me is Palpatine's laughing in his duel with Yoda. It's not (just) an evil laugh, he seems to be genuinely and unabashedly having the time of his life chucking things at the little green dude. It sells his arrogance and his power really well.

MarcJordan likes this.
  22. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The look on Liam neesons face the second time he tries to mind trick watto in tpm, its like why isn't this working.

jakobitis89 and MarcJordan like this.
  23. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
  24. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015

2:00
    Padme's expressions throughout entire conversation and especially when Obi says 'Anakin is the father, isn't he?'

Breaks my heart every time I watch it :(

25. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    ^ oh man, Natalie completely sells how overwhelmed Padmé is in that scene. One of my fave ROTS scenes.

I have always loved this delivery from the TPM "Sacred Place" scene:

TARPALS: Your honor! Queen Amidala of the Naboo!

Tarpals has got a great voice. Love how he says NABOO.

Also, anything from Nute Gunray I love.

"As you know, our blockade is perfectly legal."
    "This is getting out of hand, now there are two of them!"

Also from Rune Haako:
    "We will not survive this..."

Also how high pitched Nute's voice when Vader is about to kill him.

CIS Droid likes this.