main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends NOTE FROM ISH 5/12--Lest Ye Be Judged--Vader War Crimes Trial

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    GRABBING 1000 before Suzuki needs to be beaten senseless with my lanvarok!

2. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    On the 12th day of LYBJ my Ishy gave to me
    Twelve plot twists
    Eleven Ilsa posts
    Ten disgruntled readers
    nine vader guards
    eight scared witnesses
    seven defense psychos
    six pointless posts
    five dream sequences
    Four cross-exams
    three dead skywalkers
    two premature dead babies
    and aikia ragging on our ani!

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Beautiful, Akira. Welcome to the millenium!

Darthishtar23: okay, the 12 days of LYBJ my ishy gave to me is started
    Darthishtar23: "On the first day of LYBJ my ishy gave to me, aikia ragging on our ani"
    SuzukiAkira138: k
    SuzukiAkira138: so I go "On the second day of Christmas"?
    SuzukiAkira138: I mean LYBJ
    Darthishtar23: no on the second day of lybj
    Darthishtar23: yeah
    Darthishtar23: and it has to go numerically, like "Two laywers bickering and aikia ragging on our ani..."
    SuzukiAkira138: "Two premature dying babies and aikia ragging on our ani"
    Darthishtar23: yup
    Darthishtar23: then i put in 3 dead skywalkers (ani, ami, and sarai)
    SuzukiAkira138: ah
    Darthishtar23: let's get off the death thing, or maybe it's all there is in LYBJ
    SuzukiAkira138: lol
    SuzukiAkira138: four cross exams!
    Darthishtar23: lol!
    Darthishtar23: 5 dream sequences!
    Darthishtar23: i know what number 7 is...
    Darthishtar23: seven defense psychos
    Darthishtar23: man, this is boring, I'm trying to find the links for all my completed fics
    SuzukiAkira138: heh
    Darthishtar23: enough with the bloody witnesses!
    SuzukiAkira138: lol!
    Darthishtar23: and WHAT WERE THE POINTLESS POSTS?!
    SuzukiAkira138: lol....
    SuzukiAkira138: I win.
    SuzukiAkira138: I got the ultimate one
    SuzukiAkira138: for the number stuffs
    Darthishtar23: uhoh, why?
    SuzukiAkira138: Go see for yourself\
    Darthishtar23: HA!
    SuzukiAkira138: CHEATER
    Darthishtar23: lol
    Darthishtar23: moi?
    SuzukiAkira138: CURSE YOU
    Darthishtar23: darn straight!
    SuzukiAkira138: *strangles&

4. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Darthishtar23: and WHAT WERE THE POINTLESS POSTS?!

*dr. evil laugh*

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, I didn't even realize that was your comment until just now. So...

::Sharpens lanvarok and drops into horse stance.:: WHAT WERE THE 6 POINTLESS POSTS?!

6. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    It's taken most of the afternoon, but I have read all. It took awhile because I had to go out and buy tissues and for the first time I admit that I read a story that almost got me to cry.
    Has been a fantastic story Darth, THANKS for writting it. :) :) :) :)

And CONGRATS on 1000, although I dare say a few people here were going to make sure it happenned. :) :)

Darn smile made me edit twice....

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    wow, i got a tissue-buy. I'm flattered. And yes, there were a few crazy people like myself to get us to 1000. But there were also a good deal of posts from wonderful people throughout.

8. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    I would be both honoured and privileged to be able to read your next work-I'll lurk and look forward to seeing it.
    Take Care :)

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It's currently at Under My Skin or, if you want to check out ongoing fics, As Darkness Falls (Ep3) and Close Quarters (H/L en route to Bespin).

10. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, I just did a marathon reading session to catch up with everything I've missed. Needless to say, I'm a bawling mess right now, but I will try to give a coherent response.

Amazing doesn't cover it. As sad as is it was, there was something beautiful in both Anakin's death and in the court's verdict. Let me explain. While no one was surprised with the verdict, everyone involved with the defense hoped that Anakin would still escape the death penalty. Everyone except Anakin. Even though he, naturally, wanted to live to try to have a life with his family, I think his guilt and pain was such that he couldn't even allow himself to have such a privilege, even if the court decided that he could. Knowing that his children were able to forgive him for his past and wanted to help save his life was the only absolution he truly wanted, and I feel as if the entire trial and the many conversations between Anakin and his children were really Anakin's way of just trying to say goodbye to them. While it can not make up for losing the father she was just beginning to find, the sentence that Anakin would have received had he lived at least justified Leia's efforts by possibly setting a precedent for other trials.

I hope all that at least made some sense.

The scene when Anakin is reunited with his daughter and Padme completely did me in. I think I went through half a box of tissues.

The ending was beautiful.

I have to say, though, that this is the line that will stay with me most about this story, and I think it sums up the whole story perfectly.

"I suppose," she reiterated, voice finally strong again, "that it won't matter. The walkers of skies never were meant to have much company, so we will continue to walk alone, knowing, at least, that we're still being watched over."

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yah, that made perfect sense. Thanks so much for those very kind, undeserved words!

12. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Congrats on post 1000!!!!!

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  14. isola

isola Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2004
    I was wondering how you were going to handle the verdict without it being cliched or anti-climactic, and this was both surprising and wonderful! A much more perfect end than I could have imagined. Thank you!

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    That's such a great compliment, isola, because I was afraid that I'd either make it too cliche or so weird that no one would like how the whole thing ended.

16. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    *RP runs in late*

Whew, I made it! Sorry it took me so long to reply! Wow, what a roller coaster of a story! The whole thing was just amazing. I LOVED IT!! :)

I actually gasped out loud when Anakin died. Everything about the death, the first reactions, comprehension, funeral, eulogy, everything was beautifully written. I wouldn't want to be a character in one of your stories though, Ish....there's a very low survival rate! lol :p

Anyway, I will reiterate that I loved it! And congrats on 1000 posts! Woo hoo! :)

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmmm, I think now I'll have to create a character based on you and make her survive...

18. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    I'M BACK!!!!!!!!

And you did it!!! Congratulations!!!

* * * * * * ISH GOT TO 1000 POSTS!!! * * * * * *

The first thing I did when I got my computer back was check this, and when I saw that it was at 41 pages, I actually got up and cheered.

Anyways.

You finished it! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

But you have other stories. :) I'm still lurking there at the moment. [face_blush] I'll consider delurking.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Overall excellent story (of course), and I agree with whoever said that we need a Kaiya story. (Or however you spell her name.)

Suzi

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, that's how you spell it. The question is, will her story be based on the The Other Half universe, where Uncle Luke and Grandpa both came back from the Dark Side majorly and Mommy's a Jedi Knight or in the Lest Ye Be Judged universe, where Grandpa's a good guy that everyone hated, mommy's chief of state, and uncle luke likes aunt mara?

20. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    You know what I'd want, Ish. ;) :D

L/M mush 4 EVER! [face_love]

Especially the way you dish it out. [face_laugh]

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Someday, I'll do L/M, I promise.

22. Darth_Suzi

Darth_Suzi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2004
    Oh, yes, I agree. Do the LYBJ universe, so that there will be L/M mush and Kaiya has her little cousin Anakin to beat up on. :D

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol. Yeah. ::Remembers a scene from some cheesy teen show, where the girlfriend's blind. "Can I feel your face?" "She loves doing this." Girlfriend twists his nose.::

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
  25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Just reminding the galaxy that this exists.

26. Jaina313

Jaina313 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I've avoided reading fic for years.

I hate fic.

But you may have changed that, DarthIshtar! I started skimming over this story when I was at home this summer, without a better excuse to do anything... Since then, I've had it bookmarked on my computer, but haven't read it for a long time. A couple weeks ago, bored at work, I decided to pick it up. And let me say...

*phew*

This was an amazing story, and I'm so glad I stumbled across it. I would read it between classes. The day that Luke testified, I was giddy for the rest of the day. I love the way you write for all of the characters- as many have said, the way you write for Mara is so very good- not overdone, not underplayed. The way you write Han is the way I think Lucas himself planned on having Han. I read somewhere that you're not a big Luke fan, but I really liked how you wrote about him.

This was a great story. I loved that you included Rieekan (I've read it a million times and still am not sure how to spell it). When they found Padme... *sigh* You write like a pro, Ish, and this has been a total delight.

I hope you don't mind, but I've copied and pasted all of the story into a word document on my computer at home. ;)

(If that's actually a problem, just tell me, and I can dispose of it... but you have my word that I would never promote it as my own work.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.