main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Notes For A Shadow (What if Dooku stayed Palpy's right hand and Ani stayed light?) Chapter 1 on 5/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sitara-min, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sitara-min

sitara-min Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2003
    Notes For A Shadow
    Six months after Attack of the Clones

Anakin Skywalker has mysteriously disappeared, and his former Master sets out to discover why. Lightside Ani AU. Spans twenty years and features Obi-wan/Sabe', Anakin/Amidala, Luke/Mara, and Han/Leia Romances. Also includes Anakin/Obi-wan adventure.

First chapter tomorrow.

-Sitara

EDIT: To be updated sporadically, since I really don't know where this is going. ;)

2. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    First post. Can't wait to see what happens.

3. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Notes For A Shadow-Chapter 1

"Where is Anakin?"

Siri did not made eye contact with Obi-wan. Instead, she studied the hem of her sleeve intensely, a muscle in her jaw working back and forth. Obi-wan had always thought, privately, that the nervous tic of hers was rather endearing.

He hadn't the heart for such now.

Obi-wan hadn't seen Anakin since two weeks ago, on the eve of the padawan's knighting. The ranks of the Jedi-already heavily decimated by Dooku's troops on Geonosis-were wearing thin, and senior padawans were being called up to fill the gaps. Needless to say, The Chosen One had been the first to be knighted--whether or not his master felt he was ready was of no regard.

They had not parted on the best of terms, but not the worst, either-- Anakin left for his mission knowing that he had in fact secured his Master's elusive pride. Master Qui-gon, Obi-wan remembered, never considered pride an evil--just a priviledge to be tempered with humility. So Obi-wan was proud of Anakin, and Anakin--Anakin, his son--knew it.

Obi-wan heard songs of Anakin's praise being sung while working with Bail Organa on Alderaan. With only a week of Knighthood under his belt, Anakin already was saving lives by the hundreds. Obi-wan heard stories of entire flight crews saved by the disengaging of a bomb, schools evacuated and small children saved from flaming rooftops. Young damsels were rescued from their distresses, and fellow Jedi kept their lives because of their comrade. Obi-wan had always known Anakin had the makings of a galactic hero--he'd wondered how the boy would handle it. Humility was not one of Anakin's strong points.

He'd not thought it odd when the stories of Anakin died down the second week. Heros rose and fell, and fame was almost always short-lived. Anakin would sulk, and then he'd get over it--and probably make a hero of himself again in another week or two. It was the boy's nature.

But when Obi-wan returned to the temple, no-one spoke of his padawan. He openly asked several of Anakin's friends and some of his own about his former padawan, but each time he was met with vague, unsatisfying answers. Even Siri Tachi, his dearest friend, was hesitant to speak. He feared the worst.

"Siri, please," he grabbed her hand. "You must tell me."

The young woman looked up, blue eyes sparkling with tears. Obi-wan had never seen Siri cry. His chest tightened. "Anakin is missing."

For some reason, the ache in his chest eased. Missing didn't mean dead. There was hope.

"Then he's not lost."

"Obi-wan," Siri began. "I...he was supposed to check in with his superior every six hours. It was some kind of covert mission--I don't know what, the council only told me enough to let you know what happened--anyway, after he missed the the first checkpoint, we began to get worried. After the second, we sent out a team to find out what happened."

"What did happen?"

Siri drew a datapad out of her long robes. She flipped it on and handed it to Obi-wan. "The installation where Anakin was operating was completely decimated. Those are the holos they took when they felt it was safe to return with a scanning crew."

There were before pictures, of a tall, pristine-looking medcenter. And then the afters, with nothing but rubble and bodies littering the ground. Something in the pit of Obi-wan's stomach began to rise into his throat.

"They found...human remains, among the group. They weren't recognizable, but Obi-wan--Anakin was the only human working in that hospital."

He trembled, but the tears did not come. He wouldn't allow them. Tears meant he had something to cry about, and he most definetly did not. Anakin would have found a way out. He had to. If Anakin was dead, then...then Obi-wan would have no reason to trust the Force. Wasn't Anakin supposed to bring balance? Master Qui-gon had believed so. Obi-wan trusted Qui-gon. So Anakin couldn't be dead, because he had to bring balance...and he still had so much to learn. Obi-wan, despite the dissolution of their

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    OBI HAS TO FIND ANI! HE CABN'T BE DEAD! PLEEZ?!? KEEP GOING! THIS IS COOL!

5. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    More soon, maybe tonight. Thanks for the feedback. ;)

6. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Small adjustment to the title line. Still adjusting the post.

7. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Ahh where is Anakin? You are killing me.
    Hey nice post.

8. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    **O*O**
    *\---/*

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Great start sitara-min

Looks like this fic is going to be an epic...can't wait to read more!

10. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Thankees, LadyPadme. And everyone else, too! These blasted bunnies just bite me and then I can't get them off my mind.

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Great start, more soon. Need I say more.

12. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    More will be here soon. ;)

13. sitara-min

May 16, 2003
    Probably more this coming week. I'm busy with school stuff this week/weekend. My friends are graduating! *sniffles*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.