Gd Rapids, MI Notes from January's meeting

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by LeiaSkywalker4, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaSkywalker4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoops, I had a problem before I could type anything.[face_blush]

Who attended:lovelucas, Jabba974, Jaareth, and LeiaSkywalker4

Things we discussed:
    -Detroit Symphony Orchestra concert-me and lovelucas went to this and talked about how we enjoyed it. We talked about how they re-inacted scenes from the movies. With "Duel of the Fates" they re-inacted the duel with Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Obi-Wan Kenobi, but the only thing different was it was a girl and she had a star painted on her face.

-Dressing the Galaxy-lovelucas brought her "Dressing the Galaxy" book to show us. It has fabric swatches in it to fell what the costumes are made of and pictures it seemed of all the costumes in the PT. It also had pictures of costumes from the OT in it. The details in the book are impressive to say the least.

-Costuming-since we were looking at the "Dressing the Galaxy" book so we had to discuss costuming.

-Star Wars in 365 Days-lovelucas also brought this book to share with us also. Its a behind the scenes look at all six movies. Its always cool to see behind the scene pictures dealing with Star Wars.

-Midwest Regional Meeting-just touched on this, but I know I can't go because that week is already taken at work. Should be cool to go to if anyone is interested.

-C4-we were all wondering if its going to happen and if it does where its going to be. Of course those who went to C3 had to tell about their experiences at C3. And who doesn't want to relive that experience?

-The Dark Lord-Jabba has finished it and lovelucas is reading it. Nothing much to report, but I hear its an okay book.

-Timothy Zahn Outbound Flight Booksigning 2/24-we have three people interested in going to this in Detroit. I have pm'd Blasty Trooper from the Detroit Fan Force to let him know that we are interested in going. If anyone else is interested in going, just let me know in a pm. We are going to car pool to the big city of Detroit.

-Next meeting-the next meeting will be Sunday, March 5th at 1:00pm at Rivertown Crossings.
  2. lourod72 Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the information. Sorry I couldn't make it but I got my calander marked for March 5th. See you then:)
  3. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    nice notes leiaskywalker -

great idea to let others know what was discussed and what's coming up. i am just about finished with the dark lord - when more have read it perhaps we could have a group discussion at one of the meetings.

darth-real-life AKA work prevents me in participating in the February 24th Novi event.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.