main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Notes from the July 20th Costuming Workshop

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jedimelis, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Those attending: Brian, Tony, Brad and myself. As usual, participants concentrated on their projects. Kimbote gave the good old college try to the ?might as well be greek? sewing instructions, but managed to pull out the Bernina, do a test run and put in some stay stiches into his muslin mockup of the SW bedsheet shirt (his muslin pieces look pristine, ready for sewing). Darth Attachyon got another run on the sewing machine working on teh side seams of his jedi outer tunic. The Golan took a detour and began sketching out conceptual work on his jedi instructor costume. I myself was requested to help with the sewing machine and some rough draws that limited my progress. Got a robe sleeve lining piece cut out, though!!!

Towards the end of the session, the group began to discuss the focus of the meetings and the possible addition of customizing, mask-making and props to the roster. We decided that it may be productive to include some other aspects of costuming into the rotation. A light-saber workshop will be held in the month of August under the instruction of The Golan. As masks will be a part of many of the costumes, the group has decided to conduct a plaster head cast session. Wanting to kick-off a customizing workshop, Kimbote suggested that customizing workshop be held simultaneously during the costuming workshop.

If you have any suggestions or concerns regarding the possible format of the ?costuming? group, please feel free to comment. Those who have not yet participated are certainly welcome to give us input.
    As always new members are encouraged to join. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.