main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Nothing Can Cure - A Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Seven, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Nothing Can Cure
    By: Seven
    Specail Thanks: To my Master for helping me decide what to do with this puppy.
    Originally For: The Quotations Roulette Challenge
    Reason for the Move: My own convience, shameful no?
    Quote: #138 ?Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.? -Oscar Wilde
    Genre: Pre-AU ...At least I think so...
    A fair warning: This is fairly long, and nowhere near as lighthearted as most of my work. But you will read anyway... right?

~~~

Qui-Gon looked on helplessly as his Padawan drifted endlessly in the between state. The elder Master was all but in pieces, tired and worn over the last trying session of missions.

Once again, the Master of the pair seemed to have failed his young charge. It seemed that no matter how he tried, the man simply couldn't keep the boy safe. Qui-Gon had more than once felt driven to the edge of insanity by the extreme aptness of his apprentice to get into the most dangerous situations without trying or wanting to.

So, once again the big Jedi was sitting at his apprentice?s side, while the tiny boy was left drifting. Drifting it seemed, in between his Master, and the Force.

The Master hoped desperately that the child would return to him. After the child- no. After his child had once again been wounded, they had been forced to flee. Qui-Gon had taken his fallen child, and soared off into space, only to be dragged out of hyper space a few hours later, attacked by pirates.

Obi-Wan had typically awakened for the battle, just long enough to stress his injuries, cause new ones, bang himself around, save the day, and pass out once again.

Now, the Jedi Master was sitting around, feeling incredibly useless, while waiting for his child to heal, and their ship to get all the necessary repairs. Not that the Moons of Iego weren't beautiful. In fact, it was quite the contrary. They were beautiful beyond words. Etasa, the moon upon which they currently resided, was encompassed in eternal night. The planet sheltering it from any form of light, save that of its sister moons. It lived on the soft forms of radiation that could pass through Iego's rather unique minerals.

The people, now they were a sight onto themselves. 'Angels', humans called them. A name, if he recalled, was from old human legends, whose sources were long forgotten. Pale beings with wings, who built tall spires with one way in our out. Large bay windows that left non-native inhabitants up in the air. Literally.

?Master Jedi?? A soft voice queried gently into his thoughts.

The elder human started badly. He never got used to their odd way of entering a room, sliding in on silent wings, so not even Jedi senses could detect them without looking for thier waves of energy that resounded through the Force.

Sometimes he nearly wanted to curse them. All were Force sensitive to some degree, beautiful beyond any doubt, and very nearly immortal. And with his most precious child laying there in one of their plentiful, yet nearly unnecessary healing wards, it was difficult not to wish them all some kind of harm. He tired to ignore this new being in room.

'Please... just go away!' The Jedi fumed within his own mind.

The being merely cocked her head to the side. ?Now, now, Master Jedi... There's no need for that kind of reception. I'm merely here to check on the boy.? She said from the large window doors from which she had just swept in upon her silver tinged wings.

?You call him a boy, Lady...?

?Azure, Master Jedi.?

?Yet, you look not a day older than he.?

The celestial child's wings rustled in response. ?I am over five millennium old, thank you, give or take a few centuries.? Azure informed him curtly.

Jinn blinked at that. Surely, this being could not be that old. She was still fresh in face. Silver hair falling in soft waves, framing a stereotypically angelically carved face. Eyes revealing from whence her name came, piecingly bright as the sky on Coruscant on a clear day. Not but pure blue staring back at

2. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Brilliant!

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

that was perfect, that's how it should have gone in the movies
    Qui-Gon, showing his love for Obi-wan instead of Anakin;)

Lovely little story=D=

You can take up my time anytime
    I love reading a good story[:D]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Nicely done, Seven. I always enjoy a JA sdtory of angst and mush!

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Why am I NOT surprised to see Leona beat me to this one??? ;) It couldn't be that it was about a certain oversized Jedi Master, could it? [face_thinking]

Beautifully done! =D=

6. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    =D=
    Definately the way it should have been. I always thought that Qui-Gon should have left Anakin on Tatooine.

7. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Amazing I will definatly come back and read this one again. Great job!=D=
    -May the force be with you-[face_peace]

8. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Sweet and lovely. [:D] Thanks!

9. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Bee-ew-tiful [face_love]
    I adored this! *Insert gushing* Seriously, its too nice for me to go and spoil it with inadequate words :p

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Qui-Gon had more than once felt driven to the edge of insanity by the extreme aptness of his apprentice to get into the most dangerous situations without trying or wanting to.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And Anakin more than paid Obi-Wan back!

This was a very good story - I really loved how Qui-Gon was willing to risk his life to save Obi-Wan

Nice Job!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Lovely Seven...nicely done.

Great job =D=

12. DriftingThread

DriftingThread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2005
    Oh that was lovely, Seven! The descriptions were so evoking, I felt like I was right smack dab in the middle of the story seeing everything for myself. Beautifully written and wonderfully exciting. Excellent work!

=D=

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe, lovely little hurt/comfort there. Awesome job!

14. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    All I have to say is. I loved that story! Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT! Ok I'll stop there. :D

15. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    ::mouth agape::

::closes mouth::

I've vaguely wondered about the angels and moons of Iego. What you did with them was brilliant--in imagery and story.

16. Knock_Out

Knock_Out Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2005
    [face_love] That was a lovely story before I headed off to bed. I love the warmness of it all and your descriptions of the battle, angels, and like- everything. Mmm.

17. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Just upping

Seven knows why.

This story should be read by anyone who truly enjoys Qui/Obi stories

PEACE ewen

18. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I agree with you-UP!

THIS IS SUCH A GREAT STORY

19. micky-nikki

micky-nikki Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2005
    Obi-Wan had typically awakened for the battle, just long enough to stress his injuries, cause new ones, bang himself around, save the day, and pass out once again.
    yep that's our Obi :) Great story! loved it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.