main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Nothing Left to Lose~*~ *A Cali story 1 year after her time in USJS*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good story, really enjoying it.

2. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    ooooooh!
    I missed so much!!!
    Wonderful posts, Ami!
    I can't beleive it, Shiv is such a jerk!!!!!

Go, Obi-Wan, Go!!!!!!!

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Oh no! Obi's going to try and contact her, and she'll be unconscious!! NOOOO! At least he's okay...I'm sure Cali can kick some ass...er...when she wakes up! ;)

aa :)

More?

4. Venom

Venom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    Ohh NOO, you can't leave off there, post more pleaaaase. Must find out what has happened to her, Obi needs to save her.

5. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    Tsk. Tsk.

While I love the boy dearly, Obi should've been wearing his seatbelt.

(actually, love the boy that I do, it's always nice to see him wounded once in a while. Sick people that we are ;) )

Ohhh, Qui-Gon's gonna have kittens when he finally gets a hold of Obi-Wan! After all, remember how much static he gave him about leaving his lightsabre on? Imagine the old parent lecture about seatbelts!

But first, hopefully our two boys in beige will go to town on the caniving scientist!

6. mt1881

mt1881 Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 14, 2000
    Terrific posts Ami, I am sooo enjoying them. I hope that Obi will get to Cali in time, oh why did you have to stop there? ;-)

Post more soon please, pretty please. :)

7. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    NO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!!

So, after I indulge in some reading, there will be some posts. Granted that my siblings don't gain up on the crippled one and beat her to death because she snatched the computer.

8. mt1881

Aug 14, 2000
    Waahooo, yay more posts coming.

Note to all siblings of Ami, you don't want to deal with a 6 foot tall 240 pound angry guy do you? ;-)

j/k post more soon please Ami. :)

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I have another post ready after this one.

^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^

Quett Rakken settled comfortably into his chair, nodding satisfactorily to himself. Things were going nicely, and he viewed the young Jedi?s interference as helpful. When he asked but the girl up as ransom for negotiation, the Jedi could testify that he was quite serious. The girl was sedated and shackled, her slumped form leaning against the support pillar he had thought a fitting location for her. He could keep his eye on her at all time in case she decided to use her Force powers.

Rakken wasn?t worried. If she was talented enough to try something, she would have done it a long time earlier.

Now, all he had was to wait for Angli?s obedience.

^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^

*Please, Cali, give me some sign* Obi-Wan pleaded through the Force, feeling his heart break at her severed end. He couldn?t tell if she was conscious or not, and the last image of her eyes falling shut goaded him. He should have done something sooner, but he had been frightened and caught off-guard. And he didn?t trust that gleam in Rakken?s eyes.

The concrete dug into his knees, and after a few more minutes of meditation, Obi-Wan gave up. He stood slowly, feeling his knees buckle and his head swim. The cut had stopped bleeding and was beginning to scab. It took him a few seconds to get his bearings, and he thought back, carefully retracing the last moments of his flight. He recalled the direction of the speeder.

Obi-Wan found the main skyway and began walking in that direction, ignoring the stares of the pedestrians, not caring what they thought of a bleeding boy striding past the exclusive shops.

^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^

Qui-Gon watched Geris Angli pace before him, spouting his anger at the Jedi for failing in protecting his daughter. Even the fact that Obi-Wan was probably seeing to her safety didn?t seem to console any, and Qui-Gon reluctantly doubted Obi-Wan?s success. A quick check with the Force insured him that Obi-Wan was alive, but deeply frustrated.

Qui-Gon went to his comlink as Ruj did his best to calm Angli. To his surprise and immediate relief, there was a tone and a moment later, Obi-Wan answered. ?Yes, Master??

?Obi-Wan! Are you all right??

?I?m breathing,? the Padawan grudged.

Qui-Gon frowned, noting how breathless and frustrated the boy sounded. ?Where are you, what?s happened??

?Where do I begin?? Obi-Wan muttered. He paused to gather his breath. ?I was dancing with Cal and the comlink beeped,? he said in a rush, and Qui-Gon could easily feel the conflicting emotions across their bond. ?But it was dead when I answered it. Cali left. I don?t know why. When I followed, Rakken already had her. He took her hostage, Master.?

?And where are you??

There was a long pause. ?I?m not too sure. My speeder crashed.?

?Anything broken??

?My dignity. I?m fine, and I?m on the trail.?

Qui-Gon pursed his lips. ?Padawan, you should return to the Guild immediately.?

?It?d be quicker just to keep going,? Obi-Wan said evenly.

?And do you know your destination??

There was another pause. ?No.?

Qui-Gon was about to reply, but Swi?Li rushed up, her eyes wide with panic and excitement. ?You have a message, Professor. From Rakken. Holo.?

?Hold on, Obi-Wan.?

Geris?s face was pinched tightly as Swi?Li led them into the communications room. The Jedi and scientists filed around the console as the transmission began. It was then that Qui-Gon felt that something was wrong, as if something was missing or had been displaced. After a few moments of contemplation, he realized that there had been no sign of Shivalan for almost the entire evening.

The Jedi had no time to think further as Quett Rakken?s face appeared on the holo. It was a recording, of course, but it still held an effect over everyone. Qui-Gon turned the listening field of his comlink higher. ?Listen.?

?Greetings, old friend,? Rakken began with a heartless smile. ?I wish I could say it was good to see you. You probably alrea

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    This is a good post and explains a lot :)

Ugh! *I'm* the cripple of the household and yet I was stuck with doing all the chores this afternoon! =( Does that make any sense when there are two able-bodied boys in the house? Noooooo!

^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^

It was the sounds and smells that alerted her first. The clean, recycled air held a cold, unfeeling quality and smarted at her nose; the faint hum of computer machinery and the soft click of fingers clicking over the keys. Proceeding the faint awareness was a massive headache and a groggy pain in her eyes. She struggled to open them, but they seemed sealed with some cohesive goo. Then she became aware of the cold pillar she was against, and of the ache coming from her wrists.

Her head rolled to the right and she forced her eyes open, struggling as her lids seemed to grit against her eyes.

She hadn?t known what to expect, but it certainly wasn?t what she had imagined. It was obviously that the gray inner structure was a laboratory of sorts, but it looked like something in a cheap holo-drama. After a few moments of confused evaluation, she realized it was a building under construction. Obviously the construction had been abandoned.

Rolling her head to the left, aggravated that she couldn?t seem to lift it, she found her kidnapper busy at his computer console and experiment counter. He didn?t glance her way, but was bent over some vials filled with a reddish liquid. The scientist wore a long, white coat that seemed to reflect off his balding chrome. It baffled her that such a harmless looking person could be so brutal.

As if reading her thoughts, he suddenly turned, pale eyes widening with malicious pleasure. ?Ah, she awakes. Sleep well??

Cali didn?t answer, stiffening as he came closer, cursing her limp muscles. Rakken smiled thinly, then turned towards the noise of someone entering. Cali followed his gaze, relief flooding through her at the lean figure carrying a datapad with him. ?Shiv!?

Shivalan, dressed in his usual matching apparel and donned in a white coat, paused, a pained look crossing his face. Cali sickened as it slowly dawned on her. He wasn?t here to rescue her. Rakken watched the realization cross her despairing face and chuckled. ?Oh, yes, young Casco has been quite helpful in your abduction.?

Cali glared angrily at the young scientist. Shivalan looked away and shifted. ?Why?? she hissed.

Shivalan didn?t answer but walked to the console. Rakken turned back to her with a smirk. ?Shivalan is an excellent spy. Now, you?re probably wondering what this is all about, aren?t you??

Cali just stared at him, unable to do anything else. If her mouth hadn?t been so dry, she would have risked spitting on him.

?You?re here for ransom. Your father will be leaving the tel drug antidote and the vaccines for me to collect the profit and recognition. If he doesn?t cooperate, you die.? When Cali continued to say nothing, he continued. ?You?re probably wondering about your inability to move. I?ve used a special sedative of mine on you. You?re completely helpless for at least two days. Your muscles are completely useless. Oh, you might gain some movement, but it is hardly enough for you to escape with.?

Cali glowered, trying to push her panic and fear back. Frankly, she was getting tired of being attacked. What she really wanted as few choice words with Shivalan. There was a dim hope that he was really going to rescue her, and that he was using his betrayal as a ploy. ?What about the Jedi? They?ll surely come and rescue me. Obi-Wan will save me,? she declared, hoping she sounded confident. Of course the Jedi would save her!

Rakken chuckled and gestured to Shivalan. ?Oh, I don?t think the Padawan will be able to find you. Along with jamming the comlinks, our tech expert here has insured the demise of his pursuit craft. If you had been awake to watch the holo, you would discover that he was in quite a crash. There?s even findings of his blood.?

*Obi-Wan!* Cali cried silently. T

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Find her Obi and Qui-Gon and Ruj too!

More soon???

12. mt1881

Aug 14, 2000
    Ohhh, that greedy bastard!

Obi, you have GOT to tear Shiv a new arse hole, and don't forget to give Rakken a piece of the pie also.

Awesome posts Ami, I am loving every minute of this. :D

13. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Ami - you're spoiling us again!

Thanks!

:)

14. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "It's not my fault"???!!!!!

AUGHH!!!! Why the little-!
    Okay, calm....

great posts Amidolee! And yes, I do appreciate all the spoiling we're getting. hee, hee!

15. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

That dirty little piece of poodoo! Yeah, Obi-Wan better kick some TALL arse once he gets there!!!

grrrr

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Grrrr!

I hope I can get the computer again tonight. Then hopefully I can post again. Or maybe the snow storm will get worst and I won't have school again. *knock on wood*

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The next post is a biggie!!!

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Fifteen

The sky was turning a light gray as Obi-Wan paused again. His ankle was definitely twisted and his rigorous trek across the city was gradually wearing away his resolve to ignore it. Qui-Gon had contacted him numerous times, trying to convince Obi-Wan that he needed help. Obi-Wan wanted to give in, but when he had been ready to give up, he had felt a trickle from the Force. The elation that had consumed him had given him the strength to travel seven more blocks. Cali had acknowledged him, and now he could almost pinpoint her location.

At least he knew he was in the general vicinity of her capture. Obi-Wan could feel it, just as he could feel the dull ache in his ankle. Wearily, he pulled himself back up and began walking again, gritting his teeth when he realized he was limping more than before. Damn! He was *not* going to let a blasted twist get the better of him!

Obi-Wan guessed he was in one of the older sections of the city that was slowly being restored. Unfinished construction blotted the landscape, and almost all of it appeared to be abandoned. He shrugged off the moist drizzle that began to precipitate, muttering to himself about catching a cold as well.

He was busy feeling depressed when the Force suddenly warned him. He jumped back into the shadows of an alley, hiding behind an old garbage bin. For a moment, he couldn?t find what had alerted him, but then the side door to the building across the street opened. A lean, familiar figure stepped out, heading for the private speeder parked in the alley. Obi-Wan pressed his lips in a dismayed frown, watching as Shivalan steered the speeder out onto the street.

When the scientist had gone on, Obi-Wan took out his comlink while reaching out with the Force.

The familiar presence in the back of his mind was stronger, but laxed. Cali was unconscious, he realized. At least she didn?t seem to be in much pain.

?Yes, Obi-Wan??

?Master, I found it,? Obi-Wan breathed, pulling his hood up as it began to rain harder.

?Where are you?? Qui-Gon demanded.

?Good question. It?s an older district. Industrial, maybe.? Obi-Wan paused. ?Shivalan has just left the building.?

Qui-Gon was silent for a moment. ?What are you planning, Padawan??

The apprentice almost smiled. ?I?ll just scope the place out.?

?You will wait for our orders before doing more, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said in a firm, masterly voice. ?Understand??

?Yes, Master.? Obi-Wan ended the communication and stepped out into the street, quickly crossing into the opposite alley.

His hand went to his lightsaber as he examined his whereabouts. As he walked back and forth along the inside wall, searching for some sort of entrance, Obi-Wan felt the weapon vibrate slightly in his hand. The low power indicator glowed softly, causing him to curse. Well, if he didn?t use it until absolutely necessary, he should be all right.

After a few more moments, he noticed that the drain pipe led up to a steel ledge. Using the Force to grip the slick surface, Obi-Wan climbed and crouched on the ledge, finding the grate of the ventilation system?a Jedi?s favorite entrance and exit. Obi-Wan wondered if they would ever meet an adversary that had the wit to make some sort of trap for them.

Apparently this scientist wasn?t one such character. Obi-Wan made it through the duct safely. Silent and stealth-like, he dropped from the shaft and onto a construction platform high above what looked to be a central room under reconstruction. Crouching low and his eyes sweeping over the floor below them, he discovered the console and lab table, Rakken working quietly. Further back in the room he spotted the slumped and bound form of Cali-Ana. His heart tightened as he studied her. The red mane of hair that he had grown so fond of hung wildly as her neck seemed unable to support her head.

The only two beings in the building besides him was Cali and Rakken. Obi-Wan couldn?t ask for better odds. He unhooked his lightsaber. There wasn?t any point in waiting for back-up

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Yikes! That was intense!!!
    Awesome post, Amidolee!!

20. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    No kidding that was intense!! Wow, Ami!

---------------------------------------------

Scooching closer, he gently pulled her off
    the scientist, cradling her tenderly in his
    arms. His vision blurred, and it took him a
    moment to realize he was sobbing. ?I almost
    lost you,? he said hoarsely, caressing her
    cheek. ?Don?t you EVER do that again!? She
    didn?t respond and he lowered his head to
    kiss her forehead, brushing red locks from
    her eyes.

---------------------------------------------

Sigh sigh SIGH... I've been waiting for THAT scene forever. Now I can die happily. =D Thank you Ami, thank you, thank you, thank you! =D

21. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Awwww! ::sniff:: That was so beautiful and intense! Cali and Obi working together was great!! She saved herself, way to GO!

Um...and just...SIGH!! :)

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    :)

There's another good chapter in here at least :)

Remember, Cali's still supposedly staying with her daddy. *wicked laugh here*

23. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Really Good Post.

24. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Good question Obi-Wan. How are you going to explain this? I think he deserves a very long lecture!

Don't you all agree? We need more Obi torture!!

25. mt1881

Aug 14, 2000
    That was sooo awesome Ami, so sweet and exciting all at rolled into one.

I can't wait till the next chapter, please post it soon. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.