main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Nothing Left to Lose~*~ *A Cali story 1 year after her time in USJS*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Dec 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Lady_Aurila

Sith_Lady_Aurila Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2000
    Wow! Look at all the posts! And suddenly....CLIFFHANGER!!
    You must post more, Amidolee! For the sanity of others you must.

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    The council is just racking up the points! :)

Great writing of Obi's emotions, amidolee! I hate to be greedy but hey, I've got finals, any chance of more posts today??

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    OMG! I'm numb, totlly numb from the tension.

I can't blame poor Obi for his reaction, nor Cali's but...but...she jumped!!!!

And Obi-Wan felt it!!!

I know there've been a number of posts since I replied Amidolee, but don't leave it there...what happened to her?!?

4. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    *Eyes dramatically bugged out of skull*

Oh, gods!! POST!!!

*Starts chewing nails*

5. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Okay, who else wants to see Obi lose it? ;) No, just kidding! Great post...but YOU NEED TO WRITE MORE!!!

aaaaah!!

aa :D

6. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I AM SO SORRY!!!!! I got kicked off the computer for the rest of the day so my selfish brother could play his stupid hunting game. He's got 3 of them on the computer now *pouts* I would wait until tomorrow because of the hour, but you're all so cool and I don't want Kylenn to lose her nails or Lina fail her exams (like I could have that effect).

^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Sifa had never been a studious Padawan, and her training had lacked. But she?d never had this desperation to drive her as she raced across the windy currents that struggled to hold her back. As the slight figure pulled her last leg over, Sifa felt the Force surge around her in a way it hadn?t ever before. It crackled and sizzled, then leaped from her just as the blonde head disappeared.

Screaming and shaking, Sifa felt as if she was being hurled forward. Sweat poured down her face as she struggled to keep hold. The Force ran pure and true, stronger than she could possibly fathom. Slowly, Cali-Ana reappeared, floating over the railing and hovering above the gasping Jedi. Sifa let go, and Cali crashed to the deck with a shout. Exhaustion crept into Sifa?s body, and they both lay there for a long time before either could speak.

?Don?t you ever do that again,? Sifa barked in harsh voice, her words almost swept away in the strong gale.

Cali picked herself up, face red and raw from crying. ?You should have let me.?

Sifa gave her a hard look, then reached for her comlink, ringing Ane to get Master Ruj. Cali was too weakened by her near death to run, and Sifa could now see how truly shaken the girl was. The fright was clear in her tear-swollen eyes. Sifa put a comforting arm around the smaller girl. Cali flinched, but didn?t pull away.

?I?m so stupid,? Cali sobbed, wiping furiously at her eyes.

?I can?t be the judge of that, because I don?t know the whole story,? Sifa said quietly. ?It must have really been awful to have Obi-Wan go off like that.?

?I lied, and now he?s lied, too,? Cali sniffled, her words flying out of her mouth. ?He promised he?d love me no matter what, and he?d never leave me.? She bit her lip and said in a bitter voice, ?I deserve it, though. I broke the promise first. I deserve to die, and it?d make him so much happier. Everything would be happier.?

?Cali!? Sifa cried, squeezing her in a tight hug. ?Don?t you believe that once! It would crush everyone, especially Obi-Wan!?

Cali shook her head. ?No. He wants me gone. You heard him say it.?

?He was surprised and hurt,? Sifa argued. ?And what about me? Ruj, Ane? All of your friends? Just because you and Obi-Wan had a fight doesn?t mean you can kill yourself!?

?But if you knew what I did to him you?d push me off yourself!?

Sifa shook her head. ?I wouldn?t either. If the Council has allowed you back, and Ruj has adopted you, it can?t be that bad. Obi-Wan was exaggerating, I?m sure.?

Cali shook her head mournfully. ?I wish that were so.?

The sound of running feet brought both shaken girls to a stand. Master Ruj and Ane slowed when they saw both were safe. Without reprimand, Cali was lead back to her apartment, where she found herself spilling the entire story to three people, and wishing desperately for Obi-Wan?s arms.

Once her fit had quieted and everyone had left, Cali was in her room, thinking on her own. Her intent for agreeing was so she could be with Obi-Wan. It was obvious now. And now he had rejected her, leaving her with no doubt in her mind that he hated her. She was paying for her actions, and she would have to accept the consequences. She and Obi-Wan were completely through, and there was no turning back. She couldn?t leave the Temple, and she would have to start a fresh new life without Obi-Wan.

It was just the way it was going to have to be.

I'll have more on Cali later

7. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    Amidolee,

Sorry?! Don't be sorry! You've indulged us with _eight_ story posts today - wow!!

Re: your last PM - thanks! Like I said, I just hope I can pull it off.

:)

8. mt1881

mt1881 Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 14, 2000
    Wow, this is great. :)

9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    WoW~ Coool!

This is really great Amidolee...another one to bookmark!

Kithera

10. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    Ahhhhh!! *grin* Amazing, Amidolee . . . . :D:D:D:D Wonderful posts!

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    *releases heavy sigh*

Thank you Sifa! Ok, Cali knows she can't/won't leave the temple and life must go on Obi-less... good. That's a very healthy realization. Now what's going on with Obi???

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yeepers! Look at all of those replies! :-D I should have the whole Temple jump . . . kidding, of course. ;-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The four Jedi studied the documents intensely. Obi-Wan had almost forgotten his earlier troubles, so intent on the information. When the door hissed open, all of them jumped. Not from just surprise, but from stupefaction.

?What is it, Master Windu?? Tahl asked, blind and unable to see the Jedi Master but feel his immense displeasure.

?Many things,? Windu growled.

Obi-Wan?s eyes widened at the now green-maned Jedi Master. He bit his tongue hard, trying his best not to show his own amusement. Qui-Gon cleared his throat and elbowed him, and Yoda made an odd sound in his throat.

Mace glowered at them all, especially Obi-Wan. ?Do you know who the culprits are, Kenobi??

?No, Master. I just arrived.? It was the truth, but Obi-Wan had a good inkling who had done it. His mirth faded. *She* had participated in it. He cursed silently. How did she manage to taint him even through this? He couldn?t enjoy the success of his friends? prank, not if she was involved.

Mace raised his eyebrows, bearing more news. ?Student Angli has jumped.?

?Jumped?? Qui-Gon asked as Obi-Wan paled to a deathly color.

?Yes. The roof. Baladeen happened to be with her, and she is all right now,? Windu continued, his eyes boring into Obi-Wan like seething coals.

Obi-Wan fumed. ?She really is insane then. Trying to kill herself for my sympathy and guilt. It won?t happen.?

All of the Masters exchanged secretive glances, and Obi-Wan felt his cheeks heat. Master Windu?s first words had sent a stab of pain through his heart, but under his newfound resolution, he didn?t let it last long. Qui-Gon gave him a ?look? that clearly said ?We?ll talk later?.

The Tahl plowed ahead. ?We have a situation that has mistakenly fallen into our hands.?

Qui-Gon nodded, clearing his throat and shooting Obi-Wan one last concerned glance. ?Apparently, two Jedi?we do not know who?have been investigating what could possibly be another operation by OffWorld. Only this time they have moved from mere mining to science.?

?Xanatos was killed, OffWorld was disbanded,? Mace protested.

?Or so we all like to think. Xanatos always had a back door, and OffWorld was too evasive for its full exposure to ever be released. The Hutts are the obvious ringleaders, but they exclude themselves to spice and illegal marketing. I do not believe the Hutts would be interested in manipulating and funding a science project on Noole.?

Tahl added, ?The scientist guild?s president is someone with a closer link to us than we realized.? Her eyes rested on Obi-Wan, who shifted, intrigued by what she was about to say. ?Professor Angli is the lead scientist. Yes, my research shows he is Cali-Ana?s father.? She waved a meticulous hand in the air. ?Their project seems valid enough. Noole is prone to some devastating epidemics that have plagued their people. Apparently Angli is working on some vaccines and cures. They were almost bankrupt, but were suddenly funded. One reason, if it is the Hutts backing them, is that one of their medicines seems to work best with a small dose of a spice called telankah. Or just tel. Perhaps the Hutts think this will make their spice program a bit more legitimate in the Republic?s eye.?

?But this does not explain it completely,? Qui-Gon added. ?If it is OffWorld involved, as our contacts seemed to have believed so, then there is something underfoot. There is a list of names and back organizations . . . which Tahl has researched over. The Fredian Majesty has been trying to control the Noole system for quite some time. Their sudden interest in the project has disrupted some of the research.?

?Disrupted?? Mace prompted.

?Three members of the team were killed in what appeared to be an accident. An investigation of their deaths confirmed they were poisoned by one of the antidotes being created. When the scientists tried to spread the news to th

13. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Cali's father?!?

What an intriguing plot. Looks like Obi may be having to deal with Cali quicker than he wants.

And picturing Mace with green fuzz...too funny!

14. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, the intrigue level has just jumped a few million into the air!
    I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ^^^^^^^^
    ^^^^^^^^

Both of them were surprised by the late hour when they returned to their quarters. Obi-Wan was ominously silent, and his young brow was furrowed deeply in his awaiting doom. Qui-Gon prodded gently with the Force to find the boy?s shields still raised, and he silently cursed the girl for coming between them again.

*You know that isn?t fair* Qui-Gon scolded himself. Cali-Ana had not come between he and Obi-Wan in the beginning. It had been *him*. He had been so diligent about Jane that he had treated Obi-Wan like a Knight, giving him a complete free-ring and no time. If he tried to schedule a time for them to practice together or spend a little quality time, Jane managed to bring the house down with her prone accidents. It wasn?t her fault, but the timing always been bad with the sensitive girl. If he had paid more attention to Obi-Wan and tried to apply a bit more authority, the boy wouldn?t have gone off in need of attention and love. It was a stroke of dumb-luck that he had stumbled upon Cali-Ana. Literally.

Obi-Wan shed his robe and tossed it over a chair, flopping down on the couch with an air of trepidation and dread. ?You want me to tell you,? he said in a gruff voice.

?Yes, so we may both understand,? Qui-Gon said gently, sitting down beside his Padawan. Obi-Wan was slouched, his arm cross over his chest, eyes glittering at the floor. Obi-Wan usually had wonderful manners and posture, but he could see there was no time for such a light reprimand.

?I?m not angry because you didn?t tell me,? Obi-Wan said after a moment, glancing up at Qui-Gon. ?You had not choice, I?m sure.?

Qui-Gon thanked the Force, knowing one obstacle had been leapt. ?What happened??

Obi-Wan shrugged, staring at his hands. ?She was talking with Sifa. They were laughing about something.? His voice was very low and soft, like how he used to tell Qui-Gon about his nightmares. ?I didn?t recognize her at first, you know? She looked so different. I?d forgotten her hair was blonde, not red. And it was longer.? He itched his nose, wondering whether or not to go one. ?She?s so thin. I guess she never gained her weight back after . . . all of it. I still didn?t know who she was, I didn?t think she?d come back. Anyway, Ane came of the turbolift?and I knew he?d done something.?

?Mace Windu?? Qui-Gon tried not to smile.

Obi-Wan grinned for a slight moment. ?Yeah. She did it, too.?

?You didn?t tell Mace that when he asked you,? Qui-Gon pointed out mildly.

Obi-Wan?s jaw tightened, then he relaxed, ignoring the comment. ?That?s when they turned and we were face-to-face. It was like one of those cheap holo-vids, Master. Someone had pushed pause, and we were just left there, staring at each other.?

?Is that all??

?No,? Obi-Wan said ruefully, his hand kneading together. ?I yelled at her.? He sat up slightly, his eyes shining with shame. ?I lost control, Master. I disappointed you and myself. I promised myself I?d never lose control while around her. Ever again.? His neck flushed and he hung his head. ?Not that she didn?t deserve it,? he muttered under his breath.

Qui-Gon didn?t like the bitter tone, but he patted Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?What did you say??

?Lots of things. She told me she still loved me. Ha! I?m not falling for that again.?

?And what did you say?? Qui-Gon prompted when it looked as if Obi-Wan had finished his tale.

Obi-Wan shrugged, trying to look unconcerned. He didn?t succeed. ?I don?t remember it all. It happened so fast.? He suddenly stood up and stretched. ?I?m really tired, Master.?

Qui-Gon nodded, knowing Obi-Wan *was* a little tired, and surprised that the boy wasn?t begging for food at the moment. It had been an entire day without food, and he wondered how the young man could take it. Six meals a day was Obi-Wan?s favorite schedule. ?All right, Padawan. Get some sleep.?

16. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good story. Keep up the good work.

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Cali spent the next two days holed up in the apartment. She didn?t want to go out and face the rumors, the curious stares of those witnessing the fight, and she didn?t want to run into him. Besides, now everyone knew she was crazy, and people had this annoying affinity to either stay away from the crazy person, or be incredibly delicate around them. Cali hated being treated as if she were delicate.

If her exclusion of any friends were to be seen in an optimistic eye, it was that her eating habits had improved. Well, in a way. She had raided Ruj?s chocolate stash the first day, and was now eating what she could. It was nice to think about eating rather than anything else. The vid was proving interesting enough. She could relate to all of those weepy, scandalous soap operas. It almost made her feel better about her own screwed up life. There were other crazy people in the world, too. It was nice not to feel so alone.

*At least I have my sarcasm back* she thought dryly, licking her fingers of the last chocolate bar.

She heard Ruj enter the apartment, but she didn?t move from the couch. ?Cali-Ana,? he called.

?In here!?

The Jedi Master frowned, his red beard turning down in disapproval. ?You?re not going to mope.

?I?m not moping. I?m eating.?

Ruj?s frown didn?t leave. ?Go get your robes and boots. We?re meeting with someone.?

Cali-Ana frowned at him, her attention away from the blob match from Malastare. ?What?s this??

?I?m not sure. You?re going to help another Master with an investigation.? Ruj shrugged. ?That?s what Yoda said.?

?How could I help?? Cali frowned, using the Force to call her boots to her. She pulled them on and reached for her robe.

?I?m not sure.? Ruj studied her for a moment. ?Hadn?t you better brush your hair or something??

Cali shrugged, disappearing in the fresher. She came back out, her hair pulled back in a low ponytail. The bitter, aloof way she had treated life upon her first time at the Temple had returned, and he wasn?t sure if it were a good sign or not. She had refused to speak of her fall, but he knew it had frightened her immensely. She had steered clear of any ledge or window, preferring to stay snuggled in the couch rather than adventuring further than the doorway.

Cali followed him nervously through the Temple, thankful that classes were in session and no one would be around to stare and whisper. Obediently, she followed Ruj, winding up in another part of the Temple she had never been. It was a series of meeting chambers, and her nervousness increased. Were they sending her away? Was she going to be locked in another white cell? Medicated and chained?

It surprised her how much she didn?t want to go back to the institute, how much she had grown used to the freedoms of the Temple. When had it all happened? Why was she now praying, even after her realization Obi-Wan hated her, that she could stay in the Temple?

The doors hissed open, and Cali nearly did an about-face. Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan were seated at the round table, both wearing unreadable masks of Jedi stoic. Ruj didn?t seem too surprised and he gestured for her to sit at the other two chairs available. Cali did as was told, keeping her eyes to the floor and refusing to look at Obi-Wan. Folding her hands in her lap, she stared blankly at the table. Great, time for marriage counseling.

?You jumped,? Obi-Wan said bluntly, an almost accusing edge in his voice.

?Padawan??

Cali?s eyes snapped to Obi-Wan, and the bitter look in his eyes only fueled her. ?Isn?t that what crazy people do? If I?m so crazy, then I might as well act like it. Or am I suppose to slash my wrists? I can never keep it straight.?

There was a moment of heavy silence while the two teenagers glared at each other, then returned to staring at the table. Ruj looked at Cali thoughtfully. Is that why she had jumped? Because she felt obligated to it?

Qui-Gon cleared his throat first here. ?We?re not here to discuss problems such as this. Cali-Ana, what can you tell

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I knew that was who Master Ruj would be meeting with.

At the end of the last post it seems Cali's getting past the negative emotions. I'm glad to see it, now if only Obi could do the same.

Thanks for all the posts Aimdolee!!

19. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Thank you so much for the mulitple posts today amidolee!
    I'm glad to see Cali slowly rebuilding herself.

20. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Good for Cali! It seems as if Obi-Wan is still the one more affected by this, and that bodes well for more torture..heh heh.

I'm glad she has Sifa and Ane to talk to...

The underlying humor with Mace's green fuzz is great :)

aa :D

21. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    Poor Cali, Poor Obi . . . . and again, thnx for posting so much!!!!! :D

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hmm, no body caught the hints I had in there . . . oh, well, I'll just let you all puzzle.

Anyway, tomorrow and Wednesday there won't be posts unless my surgery is cancelled. Thursday . . . I don't know yet. So all of those posts is like a hold over.

23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Good luck with the surgery Amidolee. I'm sure everything will go well.
    We'll all be waiting and hungry for more!

24. RogueJai

Apr 14, 2000
    MTFBWY!

25. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been so busy!
    Great posts, Ami!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.