main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Nothing Left To Lose"Q/O* 1/21* HERE IT IS FOLKS, THE FINALE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I HATE YODA AND HIS BROTHER!!! AT LEAST RIGHT NOW I DO LATER I WONT WHEN THERE HELPING OBIWAN BECOME QUIGON'S APPRENTICE!! 8-}

2. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Oh dear, I really hope that this turns out well. :(

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Gotta love Yoda slamming the door in Mace's face. I couldn't stop laughing.

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    "For such a small master he could put a lot of power behind slamming the door on Mace to get his point across."
    -haha go Yoda!

Great post once again ewen!! I have to agree about the torture of waiting...But Yoda and Yeri reminded me of a couple of grandpas talking about "how easy kids have it these days" when they discussed padawans :) (ok that was random..sorry!)

"Hopefully I do this for you as much as for me. For if it were for only me I would have never agreed to such a tortuous procedure???..."
    -Awwww! Poor Obi! He's gonna be ok? RIGHT ewen? ;) j/k more soon?

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm really annoyed witht he boards right now. First a ton of double and triple posts, then it won't let me edit them!

Has Mace finally grown a conscience?- wow!

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon had been assured by Master Yeri that the next day would be as bad as the first then the peak of the agony would be reached. The child would not feel totally well but he wouldn?t be withering in pain as soon as the medication wore off.

########

Master Yeri was correct. The first part of the day was as miserable for the child but that evening, things seem to take a turn for the better. Obi-Wan was far from well, but he managed to sit beside Qui-Gon in the common room sofa and drink a few sips of clear broth. Not a monumental thing to some but to Jinn it was a wonderful accomplishment.

The one major concern was Mace breathing down their backs. Qui-Gon had not been able to call him and Mace grew more and more curious. He planned to stop by the Jinn apartment the next morning and see exactly what was going on. He hadn?t seen Yeri, Yoda,Jinn, or the child for over twenty-four hours.

None of them had stepped out of the room. Yoda had yet to return to his private quarters which was highly unusual for he always claimed he couldn?t sleep unless he was in his bed, cut to precision measurements just for his diminutive form and the mattress had to be just so-so with firmness. He had it checked before he brought it home. A particular master he was when his sleep was concerned.

Mace stood just outside Jinn?s door just to see if he could feel anything abnormal with the force. He waited to knock for a few minutes, then quickly knocked, rap,rap,rap,. He swung the door open before anyone had a chance to open it for him.

Master Yoda had forgotten to lock it or Mace just used the force to get it unlocked. It made not matter now for Mace now stood in the common room.

Yeri and Yoda sat in the kitchen.

Qui-Gon sat on the common couch with a pillow in his lap and Obi-Wan?s upper body draped over it. Master Jinn was rubbing Obi-Wan?s tee-shirt clad back in small circular motions as if to bring comfort or ease pain.

"Oh hi, Qui-Gon. The door was open, well not opened, unlocked and it just kinda unclicked when I knocked; you know just swung opened.?

?Yeah right. Now that you are here, is there something I can do for you??

Mace knelt down in front of the common couch where the master sat.

?Maybe I am the one who should ask you if I can do something to help you or Obi-Wan. Master Yoda said the child had the sniffles. He looks like he?s suffered an adult hangover for a week.?

Mace brushed his hand over Obi-Wan?s puffy face.

?I mean no disrespect, however Master Yeri has been tending to the experimental aspect of medicine for a long time, doing research. He may not be well versed on the many new viruses and bacteria children pick up now a days. We wouldn?t want an epidemic here at the temple. When one child gets it another soon follows suit.?

Mace hesitated and he went over his last words.

?Qui-Gon tell you didn?t. Master Yeri?s specialties range from subtle testing of molecules to the macabre studies of such things as regrowth of midichlorians.?

Something in Mace?s mind just hit him. That was exactly what they had been doing. He voice grew louder and had a certain panic and concern in it.

?That is what you have done isn?t it? You transfused your blood to Obi?s. I thought you told the council you accepted the child?s fate and I come here to find you have tried to alter it..What if you have killed him??

Jinn shot Mace a sever look. Obi-Wan knew of his chance of an unsuccessful transfusion and its outcome if it didn?t succeed it would instead poisoned him, but Jinn didn?t think he needed to be reminded of it right now. Yes the boy felt better but not that much better.

Qui-Gon shifted the child and rose. As he did so, he placed the pillow on the couch and laid Obi?s sleeping form on it. He motioned for Mace to follow him to the kitchen.

?Master I would like to talk to Mace alone. Could you and Master Yeri go in there and sit with Obi-Wan??

Yoda turned his head slightly and squinted his one eye as he looked very suspiciously at Mace.

?Sure you are my padawan n

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Yay! mace knows mace knows!!

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh and i need more ;) !!!!!!!!!!!

9. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Yoda has a custom made bed!, I thought jedi were so "in tune" with the "force" they could sleep on a rock. [face_laugh]
    Mace, Yeri could be a voodoo priest, satanist, or a faith healer, I don't think Qui would mind as long as Obi could get his midiclorians back.
    Mace seems to be a reasonable man or he would'nt be on the Council, Qui-gon seems prone to "following his own path", but things seem to be going Qui's way once again, Mace has no choice but to wait and see, Obi's gotta get stronger soon before Yin & Yang eat Qui out of house and Temple. 7

10. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sorry am so behind on this, will catch up at the end of the week!

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Great post ewen....
    it's kinda a relief that Mace knows....
    It was decent of him to not be a "tattletale" and run straight to the Council, but he could still be a little more sympathetic towards Qui and Obi ;)

More soon ewen? Must know what happens!!

12. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Whatever happened to those wonderful double-posts?

13. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    A particular master he was when his sleep was concerned.

YES! A master that values his sleep!

Excellent post!

14. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thanx for upping and the feedback.

I was beginning to think I had been abandoned by a couple of you.

#######

######### In the saber training hall. #########

Xanatos waited nervously on the pracitce gym floor. It was Master Jinn?s turn to instruct this cycle of advanced saber techniques. Although Xanatos was within three or four years of reaching knighthood, a padawan never stopped learning.

Xani was apprehensive about his former master again. He had not seen him since that evening he picked some things up. The next day he and his new master, Gayron moved all his belongings from the Jinn home.

Knight Gayron had instructed Xani to give Jinn some breathing room for he was going through more than just losing a padawan, he might lose one that didn?t even get a chance to be called an apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

What surprised Xani more was when his master walked in.

?I just wanted to let you know to calm down. I can feel your apprehension through our bond.?

Gayron smiled with that, for he did enjoy sharing a bond with a padawan.

?Sorry if I projected my thoughts on you. I guess I let my shields drop.?

?That?s alright. Anyway Master Jinn won?t be here. Someone is replacing him.?

?Is something wrong? Could he be ill??

?No, no nothing like that. Now not that you should follow my example and eavesdrop on others, however I heard a couple senior masters talking, one which will take Jinn?s place here in your class. They said it had something to do with the Kenobi boy. I know he is only due to be here at the temple four more days, then to the Argricorps he will go.?

?A bad as I hate to see him have such a fate, I hate more that my former master, that Qui-Gon did not get what he wished. I know he would have fought the council to train that boy. Of course he did defend me but that was to rid himself of me.?

?Is that self-pity or do you just hate your new master??

?No, it?s nothing like that master. I have the master I want. I think it is just an ego deflator to have a master turn his padawan freely away with no physical or mental backlash from it.?

Gayron did not say more but he knew what the boy meant. There had been many talks of what happened to his apprentice and none of the statements said anything well of Xani. They seemed to have assumed he had done something wrong to warrant Jinn?s dismissal of him.

The council forbade any of them to discuss openly what happened, so Gayron couldn?t defend his new padawan as he would have liked too.

###Back at the Jinn apartment#######

Things had been looking better for Obi-Wan. He was certainly not as ill as he had been. For the last couple of days he had been able to hold down food. He had also been given tasks by Master Yeri to try to use the force.

Little things like moving a book or closing a door. So far nothing. Jinn did seem to feel the bond had grown stronger and Yeri indicated that might be due to Jinn?s midichloirans successfully taking hold on Obi-Wan?s circulatory system. In fact his blood was showing minute particles of midichlorians in his blood stream but nothing substantial yet.

Master Yeri had hoped to have more growth of the midchlorians in Obi-Wan?s blood but still they had time left. It did look as though Jinn?s blood would not poison the boy.

Obi-Wan had a rough afternoon. He repeatedly tried to get a book to raise up and float to the table. A quick and simple task that four year old crèche children could do, yet he could not. It was flustrating for the boy.

Jinn came running from his bedroom when he heard Obi-Wan scream at the top of his lungs.

?Obi-Wan what is it child? Are you in pain??

?No Qui-Gon, I?m not in pain. I am just plain mad.?

Yoda came in from the kitchen.

?Hope mad you are not. Only animals go mad they do. Possibly though you are angry. Master see to it he will, learn to control or release anger you do.?

?Master Yoda for Qui-Gon to be my master I would have to get my midichlorians back and I would certainly have to know how to manipulat

16. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    '"light snack" as he liked to call his extra five or six meals a day'.... well i guess size matters not really is true....as far as Yeri's stomach is concerned [face_laugh] [face_devil]
    " you're always eating, I can't get an entire meal down and you eat and eat" [face_laugh] [face_laugh] LMAO [face_laugh] ewen you are so funny today, and whew! it's such a relief that the force is coming back to Obi, they only have 4 measly days until it's time to catch the shuttle to green acres. :) 7

17. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Great post! It's good to read that Obi is getting better. I liked the scene between him and Qui after he was able to move the book. If you think about it, they already have a perfect Master-Padawan relationship. More please!

18. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  19. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey ewen...that was awesome!
    It's so great to see Obi being able to use the force...even if it does make him slightly hazardous to others ;)

Loved the humor with Yeri's eating habits...very cute!

More soon!
    ~s-wk

20. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    hey ewen.
    haven't abandoned you. everyone here came down with a cold at the same time, except for me. it has taken me awhile to catch up with my reading. great job,ewen. keep it up. looking forward to more. any chance we will see mush soon? later, gator.

21. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    YAY! Obi-Wan is showing progress! Let's just hope he can be paitent for now!

And as much as Id on't like Xanantos, I'm glad he and his new master are getting along OK, as far.

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Awwwwwwwww the council would actally go along with them!!!!!!!!!

23. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    "light snack" as he liked to call his extra five or six meals a day' Is that like second breakfast, elevenses, noon meal, lunch, teas etc? Very cute :)

I haven't abandoned you, it's just that work is getting busier and busier as my back is getting worse and worse. When I see the doctor next week, I'm afraid he will force me into a corner and not let me go until I agree to surgery [face_scared]

I have a business trip next week, so I will only be around sporadically until Wednesday, then disappear completely until Sunday or Monday. I get to visit ghosts at the Del Coranado hotel in San Diego for 4 days while I listen to various Judges and politicians lecture on the new changes in the laws. YAWN

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    JJ_Girl What can I say? You are always there to keep this story up!!

Lt.Page At least you have put your saber away for awhile.

P. Kitara enjoy your trip and stop in when you can!!

Jedibear30Hope everyone at your house is feeling better!!!

Jedi7 Sometimes I think I need you beside me in my computer room to help write the quirky little sayings!!

Anyone I didn't directly answer too, I still appreciate you posting on my story. I have fifteen minutes to send this too ya before I head out to work, so forgive the coffee stains !!ha ha ewen

############

From the time Obi-Wan accidently threw the book a crossed the room, things had improved for him. He had to learn to control the force he was getting back. The procedure though was a success. Qui-Gon?s midichlorians grew in Obi-Wan?s body on a daily basis, multiplying hopefully to where the count once was. Jinn had long since gotten his strength back, Things looked better for the two. Of course they still had to face the council and admit their deception of them, but Yoda was busy making plans to ease the sting of their deciet to the council. With this new theory put into place that actually worked, Master Yeri just may have successfully handled the council on his own.

They all had wanted the procedure to work not just in theory but fact but each council member feared to voice anything but opposition to it in case the outcome of the experiments meant death for a master or padawan. Master Yeri had done the impossible and in that the council would have to be pleased. But then again would they outright show that enthusiasm for the success or censure the three masters for doing it? Also what would be done with Obi-Wan if they refused to let him stay with the Jedi?

So many questions that needed to be answered but would have to wait until they came before the council the next day.

Obi-Wan was too anxious to sit still that entire day. Jinn had threatened to put him in the bedroom and ?chain? him there to meditate all day if he didn?t quit pacing the floor back and forth. Jinn got so tired of the repetitive motions of the boy that he finally sent him out on the balcony to get some fresh air. Being cooped up in a small apartment did not help the child?s anxiety. Jinn never believed one so young was meant to be tied down with no physical exercise.

Mace stopped in that evening and along with Master Yeri and Master Yoda kept Jinn and Obi company before their day before the council.

Once Obi-Wan was sent to bed the masters sat up into the wee hours of the morning and plotted and planned their strategy when they went before the council.

Mace had been feeling some of them out to see how they felt about Obi-Wan. He had been able to get t few of them to commit to the fact they might have been willing to give Obi-Wan a chance on a trial basis if he had not lost his power. They thought the idea of having one so young with so much power would be indeed an experiment the Jedi needed to do. Most felt that a great many sensitives were left behind for they were found when they were too old. A couple had voiced the same feeling about it as Master Eeth and Master Gallia had.

Half of their plan had been put into effect.They wanted the council members? thoughts of training Obi-Wan brought to the forefront for once they were over their anger at what the masters did, then they might concede that since done, they should follow through and have Qui-Gon attempt to train the child.

It would not be without snags. Plo Koon and Master Yaddle could be dominate when they wanted. Yaddle, like Yoda gave new meaning to the words, ?Size matters not.? Because just like with Master Yoda or Master Yeri, size did not matter for her notoriety within the Jedi council alone, carried with it a certain amount of power.

The day finally came that would let Jinn know if he could keep Obi-Wan at the temple and attempt to train him as a JedI.

It was not as if Jinn felt he could not train Obi-Wan. It would be how much faith the

25. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Plo Koon rears his ugly head, I see, and Yaddle seems a little miffed that she could'nt tell what the object of her affection was doing all that time, maybe she?, she is a she right? should go after Yeri.
    This mission dose'nt feel quite right, Qui has not quite come to terms with losing Xanatos, even though they were'nt meant to be a team, and of course Obi dose'nt know what the hell he's doing. :D what a mess :D 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.