" Nothing Left To Lose"Q/O* 1/21* HERE IT IS FOLKS, THE FINALE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok i dont understand you people at all, are you guys saying it's ok that xani is being mean to obiwan, cause if so you guys are mean too! 8-}
  2. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    What does Master Yoda say? Fear leads to the dark side. I must be half way there.

Aww....poor Obi! He needs to forget about Xani and let himself move on!

Great post ewen!

3. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, I will try to have a post up later today.

I had a post ready for each of my stories and I must have hit delete and didn't save the file. I am checking all my files now.

I can't find the post I had ready for you.

Please forgive. I will work on it at work this afternoon!!!

PEACE ewen
  4. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    See I told you I would have a post for you!!

It doesn't matter that I have about twenty files that still have to be transcribed and downloaded before my day is done!!!!ewen

##############

Qui-Gon sat at the computer terminal in the main room of the cottage supplied to them by the prime minister elect of Gronoss. There were three little planets out in the outer Quadrant of the galaxy that the Jedi kept an eye on. This was their first planet to visit of the three because of assassination threats and attempts leveled against the new prime minister. The Jedi?s job was to find but who was doing it and to protect the man as he was sworn in.

Really a simple job. This was not all Jinn had to worry about. Plo Koon had become aware that there was definitely some kind of rift between master and new apprentice, Jinn and Kenobi. The two days there and Obi-Wan had spent most of his time hiding in the bedroom. He had spoken very little to Jinn and what was worse he did not come in and participate in the talks with the prime minister and his men.

Obi-Wan Kenobi still suffered from fear of being around others. He had learned early in his young life, it was hard to distinguish the bad guy from the good, so he opted to stay away from all and everyone, for he didn?t know who was truly worthy of his trust.

For that matter he didn?t care to be around Xani or Gayron and felt even worse when in a room with Plo Koon.

Jinn was well aware that their bond remained closed on Obi?s side because his stubbornness. That was all Jinn could call it.

Obi-Wan refused to discuss the issue with Jinn and until he opened up their was nothing the big master could do. His patience was wearing thin and the glances shot to him by Plo Koon left no misunderstanding between the two.

Plo Koon grew even more weary of what was going on between the two and he very soon would delve into the mystery and possibly find out more about Obi-Wan?s fears.

Qui-Gon had just flipped a data pad open, with a list of possible suspects in the assassination attempts.

He read down the list as he tried to occupy himself on something that concerned the mission and not on the problems which seemed to have sprung up almost instantly and with no clue as to why.

Behind him, he could feel a pair of eyes baring down on him as Plo Koon walked up to Jinn.

?You know Master Jinn, I am quite in tune with the living force. I can almost pick and point out the training bonded pair at the temple, without even knowing who the master?s apprentice is. Right now I feel a new formed bond with Xanatos and Gayron but I get absolutely nothing from you and Obi-Wan. Is there a reason for that??

?It could be that one or the other of us is shielding could it not Master Plo Koon??

?Humph? ugh.. well of course Master Jinn, but is that wise? It is never good the shield from a newly bonded. You as a senior master should know that all too well.?

Jinn closed the data pad and tried very hard not to slam it down on the computer desk as he turned around to face Master Plo Koon.?

?Let?s cut to the truth. We both know you are not here to assess Obi-Wan. You are here to hopefully document some flaw in our bond to have Obi permanently removed from his position in the Jedi; to have his apprenticeship negated by some imaginary or trumped-up charges.?

?He was not capable of mastering even the simplest of saber techniques. I was against bringing him on this mission with his inability to use a saber. He needs protection, yet he can?t protect as a padawan should be able too.?

?I am all the protection Obi-Wan needs, until he learns the use of the saber. Besides it is important for a Jedi to learn diplomacy is it not Master Plo Koon??

?Certainly it is master. But Obi-Wan has a duty to you and to himself to protect and defend, if need be. What should we do, ask Obi-Wan to negotiate with fine words if we are attacked??

Plo Koon was quite smugly pleased with himself over his words of criticism of Jinn?s apprentice.

?Obi-Wan will be up and ready for
  5. militarygrl Jedi Knight

Delurks. . . .

I would really like to kill or severly damage Xani right about now, he better not touch Obi or he will have to face the wraith of everyone on this board!!!

Goes back in to lurk mode
  6. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright...I have quite a few comments for this post...

1. Correct it Master Jinn or face the consequences; my consequences.

It may just be me...but Plo isn't all that scary..he's just stupid and just plain whiney.

2.As for Obi-Wan, I know how hard it must be for him to trust someone..but doing nothing isn't gonna get him anywhere. He at least has to try.

3. We are Jinn?s backup in case problems arise.

I agree. Something tells me Jinn might need the back up.

4. Not my concern? Am I to forget the time we had together. I don?t think so. And I don?t think I will stand around and let Obi-Wan Kenobi drag my master down to his level. No I will stop him before that happens.

Xanti Xanti Xanti...you know very well you should mind your own business. I know you miss your FORMER master, but get on with life.

And that's it :) Awesome post!!
  7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    **Growls deeply at xani******
  8. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    *begins to tap the lightsaber hilt at her waist*

Watch it Xani.....
  9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
  10. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Look I'm not tapping my lightsaber, but I am tapping Xani upside the head and yelling, HE'S NOT YOUR MASTER ANYMORE!!, LOOK THREE STEPS AHEAD OF YOU AND YOU'LL SEE GAYRON!!!! wooo I feel much better now :D 7
  11. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post ewen...
    Ughhh Plo Koon is just awful!!!
    As for Xani, he needs to mind his own business as well.

Obi better get into gear soon or he'll make things pretty tough for himself and Qui.
  12. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    everyone is so busy with their fingers in everyone else's pies that they don't realize their own are burning.
  13. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Just what do you mean I may have a life time to watch the world go by??

Jinn had piqued Obi-Wan?s curiosity and he planned it that way. Kenobi had been hesitant to talk anything over with his master since the day of the saber training class. The day unbeknownst to him Obi-Wan had a conversation with Xani.

?Master Plo Koon has informed me that he knows perfectly well we are working here with a closed off bond. I did not tell which one of us closed it and why. Although I myself am not sure why you chose to do it, but I do know that it is your side of the bond that has been shielded. Care too explain??

?I have no explanation at least right now.?

?Obi-Wan we are dealing with a very new and tender bond here. You can?t just close it off on a minute?s notice and expect it to come right back when you drop your shields. It doesn?t always work that way. How can we work as one if you want to take the burden of whatever it is disturbing you and cling to it like it holds value.
    It doesn?t hold value child and it may destroy our bond or your chance of becoming a Jedi permanently. Plo Koon has already threatened to send you back to Coruscant on the next public transport that leaves here.?

?Why I have done nothing.?

?That?s the point you have done absolutely nothing. You refuse to sit in on the conversations when we go over the diplomatic matters here, you don?t want to be around the other Jedi, and you certainly aren?t willing to mentally connect with me. That?s not how a master and apprentice relationship evolves into almost one of singular thought.?

?I am sorry I just need time.?

?Well I am truly sorry Obi-Wan but time is something you don?t have. You knew this. I thought you had made a speedy recovery over what happened to you.?

?Yeah, but maybe you and I both thought wrong. I had so much to deal with when I got sick I could easily push the memories out of my head. Now with this mission and being around so many people at one time those memories have resurfaced and magnified themselves for me.?

?Then I should have been made aware of this and you could have gone to a soul healer and talked it over with him.?

Obi-Wan glanced back at his master and then turned to the window but Jinn got the feeling he looked into space not what was outside. It was just someplace to put his eyes rather than have to face his master.

?I don?t need a soul healer to tell me I have problems and they are all up here.?

Obi-Wan pointed to his head. His finger bounced off his head with such fierceness Jinn thought the boy might actually do himself harm.

?Everyone has things in their life up here as you put it that we have to deal with. Some can do it alone and some need help.?

Jinn did the same thing and pointed to his head only he didn?t use the fierceness, he only jabbed slightly to his.

?I may need help master but I don?t want it and I refuse to have it. I closed the bond because my memories flooded in. They swirl endlessly in my head. There is no way to keep them hidden from anyone who would mind link with me and since there is only one who can I guess that means you.?

?That?s what I am here for, son.?

?I am not your son. I?m not anyone?s son now. The pirates saw to that and a great many other things I didn?t even know about before they go a hold of me.?

Jinn knew what they boy meant even though he just alluded to the abuse and wouldn?t repeat what happened.

?See Obi you fear to even speak it yet it dwells in that head of yours. Maybe talking about it would help.?

Obi-Wan grabbed his head as if in pain but he was not. He spun around and sat down on the bed behind him close to the window.

?No, no, no, I don?t want to talk about it. I don?t want to tell you every little thing that happened. I want to forget but my mind won?t let me. Xani was right! I am not good enough to be your apprentice. If I told you all the things that tormented up here in my mind, I could never look you in the eye again.?

Xani thought Jinn. When did he talk to Xanatos lately for Xani to be right about anyt
  14. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY! Now we are getting somewhere! I hope Obi-Wan builds up his confidence soon and proves Plo Koon wrong!

ANd I hope Xanti gets busted sometime soon :) :p
  15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR OBIWAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUG HIM QUIGON HUG HIM GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that Master Jinn knows the full horror of Obi's previous life, what difference is it gonna make as far as this mission is concerned?, Obi still needs a shrink aka soul healer, and what is Qui going to do about Xani minding other peoples business? 7
  17. snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad Qui and Obi are finally on the right track...but I still hope someone gets on to Xani for all the damage he's done!

AWESOME AS USUAL EWEN!
  18. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
  19. ewen Jedi Master

star 4
    Jinn abruptly withdrew his hands from Obi-Wan?s head as if he had just touched a searing heat.

Obi-Wan took that to mean he was disgusted at what he saw so in turn he was disgusted with Obi-Wan.

Jinn was disgusted but Obi-Wan had it wrong. Had Jinn had the captain pirate before him now he thought himself capable of killing the man with his bare hands. Of course he did not say that to Kenobi.

Obi quickly got up and went over to the window, unable to face his master who he assumed didn?t even want to look at him right now.

?Obi-Wan I don?t know what I can say to make things better. I really don?t think there is anything to say. You won?t ever forget but the pain will ease with time and you have to learn to let go, although I know you can?t do it all at one time. If we can just get through this mission and if you truly want to be a Jedi I will help you stow all those memories away and never bring them out again. But the first thing you have to do is trust me.?

?Xanatos is right master I am not worthy to be your padawan.?

?Xani is right about nothing and if need be I will tell him so. We can do this. We can complete this mission and go back and get the proper mental care for you. However you have to trust me. I am asking you to keep the bond open now that I know everything. Keep it opened and I can help you with the memories and to complete this mission successfully. We will deal with the other things later. Just know that I am here for you.?

Obi-Wan looked at Qui-Gon.

?I will try master I will make more than an effort this time, I promises.?

?I don?t want empty promises like last time Obi and you will learn from my old master there is no ?try? only ?do?. Just let me guide you in this and all will be well. That is my promise to you and it is not an empty one.?

?All right master I will do my best.?

?Very well. The first thing you have to do is go out there and show Master Plo Koon along with Xanatos and Knight Gayron that you are there for me; a working apprentice alongside his master.?

?Give me a few minutes to freshen up master and I will be out.?

########the next day##########

The Jedi walked down the street. They encircled the prime minister-elect as they did so. He was out greeting people along the route to the Senate offices where he would be sworn in. The Jedi acted as body guards.

Plo Koon edged his way up beside Qui-Gon.

?I don?t know how you managed to get that boy to open his bond but it still will do you no good. Anyone can see his heart is not in this mission and quite possibly in even becoming a Jedi. I think for the best for all of us, you should just abandon the idea of taking him as your apprentice. I don?t think he can overcome the abuse he suffered. A Jedi must never live in the past. There is only the future.?

?You are very wrong Master Plo Koon.?

Jinn hesitated a moment to survey a group of men to his left who seemed to follow the prime minister?s every move since they left his home.

??One should not live in the past, but one should also not forget the present as they look to the future. The present is now and Obi-Wan is dealing with his memories now so in the future his mind will be clear to follow his quest to become a Jedi. I have not lost my faith in him and neither will I just give up on him now. No, if he is to be thrown out of the Jedi order you are going to have to write down you findings and reasoning?s for why. They also will have to satisfy not only me but the council and I am not without friends there either.?

?Don?t threaten me Jinn, with your friends. Everyone knows Master Yoda will do anything you tell him. I know now you have Mace once again in your corner, but I am not without my persuasive ways with the council. We will just have to see how things turn out. I have seen nothing in the boy so far that would be lead me to a favorable assessment of him.?

Plo Koon slowed his steps until he was once again in the back of the entourage.

Only a few more blocks till they would reach their desti
  20. Lieutenant_Page Jedi Master

star 4
    In his state of semi-consciousness and mental haze, Qui-Gon had reached out for the wrong apprentice, had frantically grasped the hand of the wrong apprentice, and had spoken the words of endearment to the wrong apprentice, Xanatos Crion instead of the intended one, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

AHHHH NOOOO! Darn you Xanatos! WHy do you always have to get in the way???? Can't really blame Qui-Gon for this one..he thought he was talking to Obi-Wan :( .

Plo...watch you back. I'm comming after you.
  21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG I HATE THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL, THEY SUCK SUCK SUCK POOR POOR POOR OBIWAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Linari_Tanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    :( :( :( :( :(

*snifles*....*bawls* OBI!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
  23. Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Master

star 4
    ewen, can you please put up another post tonight? Pllllleeeeeaaaaase?
  24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As long as I'm here, I might as well come out and say that I'm starting to officially, vehemently, passionately, deeply, terribly, awfully, dreadfully, horrifcally, Sithly, horribly, extremely, really, terrifically

(introspective voice: How many adjectives can you cram into one sentence?
    Me: Apparently 13.)

hate Plo Koon and Xanatos. :mad: Poor Obi.

(Before you think I'm overreacting, remember that this is the frustration amounting from all the posts that I've read until now and haven't replied to. ;))

Aun
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.