main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Nothing Left To Lose"Q/O* 1/21* HERE IT IS FOLKS, THE FINALE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Ahhh! Xani..You're always in the way!
    And poor Obi, he always is the first one to take the blame and feel guilty.
    At least Qui wasn't being blockhead in this post, the state of delirium has the same affect though apparently ;)

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon Jinn went to the healers ward on Norden, but Obi-Wan went on to the little cottage that had been given them to stay n. The prime minister had been safely delivered for inauguration and the assassins caught.

Knight Gayron mistook Obi-Wan?s decision not to go with his master as one other than what actually it was. Obi-Wan was heart sick that his master had wanted Xanatos over him. Gayron thought just the trauma of the battle had spooked the child and although it was his duty and obligation to go with his master, Gayron would not pressure him to so..

It?s likely he will not be allowed to pursue his quest to be an apprentice anyway, if what my padawan said is true. He hesitated and refused to call to his master. A grave error and could have been a deadly mistake for Master Jinn had the blow not landed where it did.

Gayron shook his head in sad resign. He had hoped for the best when it came to pairing of master and apprentice, but the with witnessing of such a mistake by his padawan there would be enough against Obi-Wan to immediately put him out of the Jedi order.

Master Plo Koon stayed at the side of the prime minister. Now that all the danger was over he stayed to reap his just rewards and praise over the rescue and safe delivery of the prime minister to his own inauguration.

Once at the healers ward Qui-Gon quickly regained consciousness and his vitals stabilized satisfactorily. Against his insistence that he was fine, he was told he would have to remain there overnight. He saw Xanatos sitting quietly beside him when he first woke up and assumed Obi-Wan had stepped out for moment. He remembered how gallantly Obi had tried to warn him and when he didn?t receive the warning in time, how Obi helped him to his feet and retrieved his saber.

Had he not thought so quickly and got me up and armed again, I might not be here right now. That one that landed the blow most determined to finish it. He just kept coming for me.

His memory of it what happened was quite intact. He had heard the warning of Obi-Wan, however he misjudged his timing. He thought he could land just one more blow to one of his attackers in front of him before he turned to the back and defended himself from that one. He was wrong.

Qui-Gon felt the pain as the sword cut through his leggings and realized how badly he had misjudged his timing. It was not Obi?s fault that Jinn was hurt, if it was anyone?s fault, it was his for his hesitation. Of course the master did not know that Obi-Wan had been accused of anything other than trying and succeeding in helping him once he was down and unarmed.

Qui-Gon sat in the bed, feeling much better and waited patiently until that patience of his seem to lose its self in the time waiting for Obi-Wan.

?Are you feeling better Master??

Xanatos waited to see if Qui-Gon would even answer him. He hadn?t said anything since their arrival at the ward.

?UHN? Oh yes I feel much better I don?t know why I even have to stay overnight.?

??I think they are just being cautious master because you lost so much blood. Everything is taken care now and you can use the rest.?

?I suppose you are right? Where is Obi-Wan ? Did he step out to go get a drink??

Jinn had not wanted to mention Obi to Xani. He knew he would feel much better if his padawan was here. He had not been able to feel him through their bond since he awoke from the loss of blood.

?I am sorry master, but he opted not to come to the hospital with you.?

Something pulled at the big master?s heart.

He wasn?t even concerned enough to come and see how I was?

Jinn knew he was not thinking like a Jedi. Of course he was all right and maybe Obi just was overwhelmed by the attack he stood right in the middle of.

?Will he be here later??

Xanatos got very nervous. He didn?t know what to say to his former master. He could feel his stress over Obi-Wan not being there. He hated to make his master feel that badly but Jinn had to know it was for the best. Obi-Wan after all would not be his apprentice after a

3. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Oh no.. Obi-Wan! Don't run away! Grrrr...why can't people mind their own business?? This could have been all worked out and made happy! But then again, this story would be over...so maybe it's good to have some over involved Jedi around ;)

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    OOObbbiiiwwwaaannn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Ahhhh, don't do it Obi...
    :[face_sigh]: here we go again!

Great post ewen!

6. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    O.K.
    I can see I am not going to have to pull out a saber and threatned the readers of this story as I have too the other one.

Mush is always a post or two away, but I find myself almost in a mutiny with the other story.

Thank Goodness sanity has prevailed with my readers of this one.

############
    A dip in the bacta tank, stitches, and a blood transfusion had rendered the Jedi master a bit tired, but in much better shape than when he was when he was brought to the healers ward. He had already dressed and waited on the other four Jedi. They would head for another small planet of the outer Quadrant to see how things progressed there.

Qui-Gon walked around the room just to get a feeling of how bad his leg was working
    Surprisingly, the master found that other than a little stiffness that was gradually leaving with each step he took,his leg was in good shape. He glanced out the window and saw three of the four Jedi he expected. Much to his disappointment, the one he wanted to see wasn?t with them.

Where is that boy now? Maybe Master Plo Koon had him stay to pack up my belongings. No, I told Gayron this morning we would leave immediately once they came for me.

Jinn had already formed his line of questioning he had for his Jedi companions and he speedily jumped into them as soon as they entered his room.

?Gayron I saw you come up as I watched out the window. You are one shy a Jedi. I told you we would head directly to the ship. Just where is my padawan? Why isn?t Obi-Wan with you now??

So many questions but no one wanted to answer them, although they knew they would have too.

Plo Koon wasn?t past being able to pass bad news along to the master now that he felt better. He launched into a long sermon of how Obi-Wan could not become a Jedi; was not worth of the Jedi to have considered him. As he watched the Jedi master?s face grow red with anger, he finally decided to land the last blow to Qui-Gon Jinn.

"The last thing I think you will want to know is that the child ran away while I was up here with you last night.?

?Last night! Why wasn?t I informed before now? What happened? You were with him were you not Knight Garyon??

?Yes but I assure you I did not say anything that would bring him added stress. If anything I tried to make it better. I told him how you would more than likely standup for him when he went before the review board.?

?Why would Obi-Wan have to go before a board of reviews? Just what do you think he was guilty of yesterday, other than saving my life. Is that a crime now within the Jedi order??

Xanatos felt is was time his master faced the truth.

?Master we all saw what Obi-Wan did in the middle of battle. He almost cost you your life when he hesitated on his warning to you.?

?Padawan Xanatos you know none of the facts and I resent you thinking the worst of my new apprentice. Yes Obi-Wan warned me but he did not hestiate, I did. I thought I had enough time to finish the battle with the one ahead of me and didn?t attack the one behind me in time. I suppose none of you saw the boy rush to me. help me off the ground, and retrieved my saber for me. Had he not done what he did, the attacker that wounded me would have finished it off with another blow, while I lay helpless and defenseless on the ground.?

Gayron was taken aback with the startling news. He had been too engrossed in his own battle to see what happened, he trusted the words of his pad wan as to what happened to Master Jinn. A mistake he would not soon make again.

?Xanatos have you misspoken the truth to me and Master Plo Koon of what happened??

?No, I saw him help Master Jinn up, but he wouldn?t have needed help had Obi-Wan warned him in time.?

?Master Jinn just told you that he was warned and opted to continue his battle with the man in front of him. That can?t be Obi-Wan?s fault no matter how against him you are.?

Plo Koon spoke words of truth. He could feel Xani?s spiteful disagreement of his former master training Obi-Wan.

?Well I don?t why we are standi

7. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    Master Plo Koon, you as a council master should have been aware of the fact that you just can?t throw a child in the middle a battle with no formal training or at least minimal training.

Thank you Master JInn! I couldn't have said it better myself!

I didn't know such a high risk was involved to find Obi-Wan :( .

8. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Well Obi, at least when you freeze to death you'll go out enjoying the sounds, and smells of people eating and having a good time, beats the shabby treatment you've received at the hands of the benevolent "jedi", remember the jedi code...there is no death, there is the force... [face_plain] [face_mischief] :( :) 7

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    WARNING, WARNING ,WARNING!!!!!!!

Detailed storyline of possible character death

This story has a nasty little cliff hanger and I would like to recommend strongly that due to Jedibear30?s recent bereavement and loss, that she not read this PLEASE, ewen

Temperatures had dipped below zero. Obi-Wan hadn?t realized that it got so very cold here at night. He pulled his robe closer, tighter, and pulled his hood toward his face as far as it would go. Padawan Kenobi shivered even with the uncommon warmth the Jedi robe provided.

The numbness of his fingers and toes radiated through his entire body, now. It was matched with the chilling numbness of his very mind. The shields he erected to keep his master from knowing his shame and where he was, was at best wobbly, he was sure. Obi-Wan couldn?t move right, couldn?t think straight, and most of all, wasn?t sure he could ward off the unnatural desire to sleep. He knew enough to know that one who was threatened with the onslaught of hypothermia should not sleep.

Oh, but it seems so right just to be able to close my eyes and rest a moment. I have been on the go the entire day walking this city. Maybe if I only rested awhile and woke myself up, I?d feel better.

Lack of oxygen had a way of zapping common sense from a person and replacing it with unclear confused thoughts that the person suffering hypothermia might mistake for rational ideas formed in a rational mind. That was not the case. Padawan Kenobi had lost his true sense of reasoning. His life lay in the hands of the winter night.

################

The only thing that kept Master Jinn coherent and alert was his constant movement. The Jedi were also equipped with hand held thermal warmers and even smaller ones for their feet. Had Obi-Wan taken the time to pack according to the weather, when he decided to run away he would have found his warmers packed alongside Jinn?s in their shared pack.

Even with the additional protection from the cold, the thermal warmers, scarves, and gloves, the Jedi were beginning to feel the effects of the sub-zero weather. Jinn agreed to go in a small café for hot tea and warmth. He thought that would be the only way he could try to make contact with Obi-Wan with any kind of uninterrupted privacy.

The group sat down and ordered a hot pot of tea. Jinn walked to an isolated corner and focused only on his new apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.

#########

The youngest Jedi on the planet had valiantly fought and lost the battle with the frigid weather. He succumbed to his deadly desire too sleep. Although he planned to wake himself up, Obi-Wan did not know and could not know with the unclear thoughts, that he no longer controled his own mind or body. Hypothermia now ruled his life and very soon would take it.

##########

Something stirred in his oxygen-starved brain, although Obi-Wan had already reached the plateau of unconsciousness. There was a tickle in his mind; a brief realization that he wasn?t alone and that someone or something nudged at his half erected shields and they fell, almost willingly against the slight pressure of another?s entrance.

Qui-Gon Jinn felt the weak shields fall and for that he was grateful. He did not have to force Obi-Wan?s shields down and intrude unwanted into his padawan?s mind.

Once Qui-Gon has successfully entered the child?s mind he was alarmed at the emptiness there. He could feel their bond still there, pulsing with very little life but yet still there. He had bonded with his other apprentices before but never felt the quiet calm of nothingness in their minds.

Jinn was not sure but he suspected the decreased blood flow to Obi-Wan?s brain might have something to do with it. This was all too new for him.

What brought even more alarm to him was his ability to feel Obi-Wan?s breaths being taken in short shallow puffs.

Never has there been so much silence in one?s mind that you could here their breath; feel it like it?s warmth literally hits your cheek.

Jinn cou

10. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    AHHHHH.....ewen!
    I know you warned us, but still WHAT A CLIFFIE!
    I'm hoping there's a new post soon please?

11. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    i read the post. don't worry i had a better day today. this post wasn't as bad as watching presidio med. tonight a newborn baby died. that was bad for me. anyway, great post. looking forward to more. wasn't worried about obi dying because you once said you didn't like character death. at least i hope you still feel that way. hope you feel better ewen. take care of yourself. til later., my friend.

12. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    You have got to be kidding me! That's like, the granddaddy of all cliffies! Please get better soon ewen!!

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ** Gasp and Faints**

14. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    :eek: No, no, no - you can't wait till Sunday for your next post! *whines*

Nicky

15. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    Holy crap..that was one of the best cliff hangers I have ever read! I'm glad there was a bit of mush there, but I hope it isn't the last bit of mush they will ever have!

I hope you feel better Ewen..but if not Sunday will come no matter what :)

Grand post!

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I might be able to have a small post up later this evening.

At least enough of a post to take the wait off the cliff hanger.

Hopefully later

PEACE ewen

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    YAY! **does the jedi dance**

18. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    more please?!!!!!!

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ** lalalalalalalala the hills are alive with the sound of music**

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Sorry I didn't get this up last night. Gus and I laid down and fell asleep.
    For those who asked, YES, I feel much like myself today!!!ewen

########It was Master Plo Koon who decided he would interrupt the big master, no matter how in depth his link with his padawan was. He was curious as to what was going on that would make their search for Obi-wan intensified to such a high level so suddenly.

?Master Jinn, have you located your young apprentice? Is he in some kind of danger that would take us from the warmth of the café and a quick bite to eat??

Jinn held his left hand out to halt Plo Koon?s words, as he continually focused on his mental contact with Obi-Wan. He felt the boy could only be a few feet away now.

?I will not be shushed up by you Master Jinn. We all need to know what is going on.?

Just then Qui-Gon spotted an alley darker than the night its self. He ran to the entrance of the alley and began his search. He left to the others to follow at will. Plo Koon stood for a moment dumbfounded by Jinn?s non-response to him. The cold got the best of him though and he followed the other master. Walking created more warmth in one than standing still for the icy wind to cut through to you very bones.

The other three Jedi found Jinn knelt down behind some metal fire escape steps. He held the lifeless form of his apprentice.

When Knight Gayron flashed a glo-light on Obi-Wan?s face the bluish tint around his lips and ashen color of his face mimicked a look of one dead.

Jinn picked the boy up as if he were a mere child and not one of the age of twelve. He wrapped his robe around the boy and headed as quickly as he could out of the main street. Once in the middle of the street, followed closely by the others he spotted a run-down hotel.

?THERE? Quick Gayron run ahead and procure us a room. Xani go with him and when you get one, run a warm tub of water. We have to get this boy?s temperature back up.?

Gayron and Xani ran to do what they were told. With much surprise Qui-Gon watched as Plo Koon removed his own robe and placed it around the boy.

?We haven?t far to walk. I will be fine Master Jinn.?

Was this the grouchy old master?s way of saying he was sorry. Jinn would have more time to think on it later, but the act of kindness from one so determined to destroy Obi?s possibility of knighthood did shock the master.

#########

In the hotel room Qui-Gon set to taking the frozen snow-covered clothing off his apprentice. With no time for vanity, he wrapped a light blanket around the still lifeless form and carried him to the tub.

Plo Koon followed right behind the master shouting orders.

?Are you sure this is what we should do??

?Maybe not for frost bite but a quick dip in warm water and then we will stimulate his limbs to get the blood back to them. Have towels waiting for all of us. I won?t have him in the water for over five or six minutes.?

Time was the most important thing for Obi-Wan?s survival and his time was just about to run out. The blue tinged lips were like a kiss of death had been placed of them. The apprentice?s breathing was labored, slow and too shallow to get the needed oxygen to his brain and his limbs.

Qui-Gon lifted the still unconscious apprentice out of the water and wrapped him warmly in a large bath towel. Once he got Obi to the bed he ordered everyone to grab a towel and start rubbing a leg or an arm to increase his circulation. The bath towel remained around the boy?s torso and Gayron also put a warm wool blanket over Obi-Wan leaving only his arms and legs exposed for the administrations of the rub downs.

Qui-Gon thought a little coloring was coming back to the child?s face but the state of unconsciousness that would not give up its hold on his apprentice worried the master.

Obi-Wan can you here me? You have to try to wake up. You will be able to take deeper breaths and move around to increase your blood flow if you are awake.

Jinn waited as he rubbed on of Obi?s legs. Nothing, the boy did not respond through the

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    YAY HE'S ALIVE HE'S ALIVE *SHOUTS IT LIKE A MAD MAN*

22. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    Yeah! He's alive!! This is great!!

Had Obi-Wan been several years older, I would have let thoughts of sugar plums dance in my head at that sight!!!

Oh yeah. I don't think I know anyone who wouldn't.

23. Lieutenant_Page

Mar 17, 2001
    Plo Koon removed his own robe and placed it around the boy.

Maybe he DOES have a heart! :p

Hehe...leave it to Obi-Wan to find something to joke about at anytimes :D

Had Obi-Wan been several years older, I would have let thoughts of sugar plums dance in my head at that sight!!!

Hehe...I know what you mean :p

24. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    YAY! HE'S OK HE'S OK!!!!
    It was good to see everyone pitching in to help Obi after all they put him through! Especially Plo Koon!
    NICE POST ewen!

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    happy little mushy reunion. Now that you have given us a nearly naked Obi, maybe you need to try your hand at a slightly older, leather clad one [face_yummy] 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.