main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Nothing Like Supportive Snark. L/M. January 19: Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 26, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Nothing Like Supportive Snark

By: Nyota's Heart

Characters: L/M.

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Summary: During the JAT, Luke has feelings/misgivings surrounding Kyp. It's Mara who sets him straight the best way. :D Which gets Luke to thinking. [face_dancing]

~~~~~~
    Luke frowned as he stood on the Solos' balcony. He had come over for dinner and sought moments alone with both Leia and Han. He didn't regret his decision to give Durron a second chance. He could tell on several levels that Kyp had learned his lesson and besides he had been externally influenced.

Han had backed him up, liking Kyp personally, and also knowing firsthand the need to be given a fair chance at making good.

Leia had been supportive - more as his sister, than any fan of Kyp's.

He sighed. What he needed was someone more or less objective.

That was why when he happened to run into Mara Jade in route to a spaceport (he was returning, she was waiting to leave), he told her about his misgivings.

"It's more about the solidarity of the Praxeum students. If they don't feel like they can trust Kyp or if they question my decision in any way, during a mission, it could lead to a lack of morale and cooperation."

Mara frowned. "The others will just have to get over themselves. The Academy isn't run on a committee, is it?"

Luke laughed at her rhetorical question.

"Some will give him a chance right away, others never will. The rest will come around." She continued. "Personally, I think you made the best possible choice. You wouldn't want Durron roaming around untrained."

Luke shuddered. "Absolutely not! Thanks Mara. You've gotten straight to the crux as always."

She gave a grudging nod and he grinned. "Guess that's what friends do, huh?"

Mara scowled. "Don't get any ideas, Skywalker." But her green eyes were laughing at him.

He smirked and they parted ways.

Mara's supportiveness came through in the form of snark, but that was all her. And he found it refreshing and began to realize she gave him a clarity of thought no other person could.

This made him wish they could spend more time together. The only conext context was training, and enhancing Mara's skills, but he knew she was very reluctant to do that at this stage.

Something told him though that if they spent more time together, friendship very likely would turn into something stronger...?

And Luke decided he wanted that quite a lot, had for some time.

++++++

TBC? [face_batting] Please let me know what you'd like to see next, if you want this to continue. :D

newdawn12 likes this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, I bet Mara can straighten out Luke.:p Mara doesn't seem too angry with Kyp. Can I assume this is before he stole her Headhunter? She was fairly livid about that. ;) I always like reading L/M stories that happen in the JAT time frame.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    TBC indeed! I always like reading about Luke and Mara before everything went to shavit during the Vong Wars. It's nice to see Luke actually worrying about training his students and forming the Jedi Order instead of rushing to face another galaxy spanning crisis.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    TBC sure more Mara, Luke and Kyp is always nice

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    TBC would love to see this continued and maybe a blooming romance will come quicker [face_love]

Fawn: You and Luke make a great team
    Mara silently agreed but refused to let that be known: Shove it Fawn
    Fawn: laughter.

But Mara didn't seem as angry with Kyp which I remember. On the other hand Kyp was misguided, was in the prison on Kessel for half of his life at that point.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to: Jedi_Lover windu4 Falcon & earlybird-obi-wan
    This takes place when Mara hears rumors of the Reborn Emperor. You cannot tell me she had no inklings or that Talon didn't know something was afoot being in the information business. :p

~~~~~~

Mara knew Luke's intent even before he did himself. She felt an old familiar nudge and thought: Palpatine? It couldn't be. She told Karrde of her suspicions and the Force nudges she was getting. He put out feelers and found out that old Holocrons had been unearthed in Coruscant's renovated levels. And she just knew Luke would grab one for the knowledge and that would be that.

So when she stormed into his office, she demanded hotly: "What do you think you're doing with that Sith-forsaken stash of holocrons?"

He tried not to look guilty.

"You cannot fool me, Skywalker." She said staunchly. "So don't even try."

"There's this old Imperial stronghold on Byss." Luke began.

"And you think I don't know that? You forget who you're talking to. And if you think you can go in there and duel him or something ..." She broke off. "You think you're the be-all and end-all of the entire universe!" She riled. "If I have to tie you to your bed to stop you, I will!" She blushed. Where had that come from? And he looked as startled as she felt, but not exactly unwilling for her to try it.

Mara frowned. "Ghent has a solution worked out if you're willing to listen."

He was. It turned out to be a very interesting plan.

Ghent was all smiles when his plan went off without a hitch. The Emperor's fleet of Devastators and clone cylinders were turned into food processors and trash compactors for all the good their droid brains and hibernation controls turned out to be once he was through sabotaging them.

"You can thank me later." Mara smirked.

Luke grinned. "I didn't know you cared."

"Don't flatter yourself." She retorted, and yet it wasn't exactly a denial.

++++

;)

:D

Note: Ghent's solution inspired by JL's "Smuggler's Delight." =D=

newdawn12 likes this.
  7. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    LOL! Yeah, tie Luke to the bed. It's the only way to make sure he doesn't run off on some fool mission. :D

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I thought I recognized that plan. Thanks for reminding me about that story. I need to finish it.

Nice update.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tie Luke to his bed and go for it Mara[face_dancing]You are meant for him

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Tie Luke to the bed, yeah [face_batting] [face_batting] [face_love]

more soon

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks to:

Ewok_Slayer Falcon

Jedi_Lover -- & earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~

inspiration for the green dress came from "On the Run" Revanfan1's DDC-14 diary. :cool:

_______

Luke hated being matched up. The ladies were either Jedi-groupies or had some other glaring flaw. The major one was none of them was Mara.

He was attending a NR function and wishing he could back out the side entrance when she entered.

Mara was there because she wanted to make some trading contacts, for networking purposes. Being an independent trader necessitated much "meet and greet."

She was wearing a forest-green, sleeveless dress, and her hair was done up so that curls fell around her face and across her shoulders.

The red-gold silkiness made Luke long to run his fingers through it.

As for the dress, he longed to ... see her out of it.

He made his way over to her, trying to be casual about it.

They exchanged greetings.

"Mara, when you're done mingling, can I have a couple dances? I want to keep the pariahs away."

"Is that all I am to you?" She snarked.

He flushed. "No. Certainly not! You're the loveliest lady in here, and the most interesting ..."

She waved him off.
    "I was not looking for a compliment, Luke."

"It's still true." He answered.

She smirked.
    "They pester you quite a bit, don't they." Her tone was grudgingly sympathetic.

He rolled his eyes.
    "You can say that again!"

She shrugged.
    "Sure. I can spare a couple dances."

He grinned in relief.

Mara had to admit Luke danced splendidly. His medium-gray slacks and white dress shirt set off his blue eyes to perfection.

He accompanied her to the speeder lot when she was ready to go back to her apartment--the one she kept when on-world.

Luke gave her a quick kiss, before he could talk himself out of it.

Mara was too surprised to do more than gape at him, before asking:
    "Was that supposed to impress me?"

"What? Oh, I'm sorry."

"You ought to be." She retorted and then showed him how a real kiss was supposed to be: long and rather sizzly.

Which took them both by surprise besides stealing their breath away.

Before he could do more than sputter in happy bewilderment, she hopped in her airspeeder and sped away.

++++

[face_dancing]

Gemma likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They are really getting along with those quick and short meets. When will he see her out of the green dress?[face_love];)

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    It's often best to take Mara in small doses....at first!

14. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    What a tease! Getting the man all hot under the collar and then she speeds off. [face_shame_on_you]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks ever so to Jade_Pilot -- Ewok_Slayer --- earlybird-obi-wan
    ~~~~

Mara got sick with some viral infection during one of her trading stops. She was feeling decidedly grumpy and out of sorts - - during that period of time when you're not quite well yet - still feeling lethargic, but not sick enough to stay idle.

And Mara was not a stay-still person.

When Luke showed up at her door with a steaming thermo-sealed container, she frowned.

"My Aunt Beru used to make this soup for me when I was feeling sick. I heard from Karrde that you were not feeling too well, so I made some up."

She gave a wan smile. "Thanks. You'll have to excuse me, but I don't feel much like ...."

Luke's blue eyes sparkled. "Company?" He shrugged. "Oh, that's okay. I'll come back by tomorrow to pick that up."

She smiled and said: "I really appreciate it Luke. Thanks."

He smiled back. "You're welcome."

As she closed the door, she couldn't help but think: Was that rude? Before Luke she never would have thought about such things.

He was rubbing off on her.

The next day when he showed up, she was definitely feeling better.

But his hands were not empty this time, either. But this time, they were full of Velanie blooms.

Mara had been exposed to this lovely flower on one of her missions. She had been staying in a luxury suite full of them. Their lovely color and delicate scent had been instantly appealing.

Mara blushed when she saw the flowers. This was more than a friend-wishing-another & helping the other to feel better. No, this meant something.

She gingerly took them and said: "What'd I do to deserve this? It's not my Life-Day."

"Just wanted to cheer you up some more." He answered following her inside as she put the flowers in water.

She grimaced. He did that just by being his irrepressible self, but she was not about to say that.

"Karrde finally talked me into taking some long-overdue vacation. I have about 2 years worth of accumulated days off." Mara observed. "So I'm going to Garqi for ten days. I wanted to tell you before I just vanished and you wondered." She smirked.

"My sister is always telling me I need a break. I don't think I even know what a vacation is." Luke commented, frowning. "I lookied through the holozines but didn't see anywhere interesting. Is Garqi nice?"

"It has urban and centers with resorts and out of the way places - whichever you like."

Luke sighed, weary lines creasing around his eyes. "The second option sounds wonderful! Leia and her family could do with a bit of vacation too. I don't think they've had a family trip in ... I don't know when."

"Maybe you all can go together." Mara suggested.

Luke grinned. "I'll bring it up to her."

+++

Woot! They're going on holiday to the same place but not officially together, but you never know what nummy things will happen by accident. LOL

16. windu4

May 15, 2008
    Keep up the good fluff! :D

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    how Mara go with Luke instead [face_batting] [face_batting] more soon

and please don't forget to tag me when you update please

18. Ewok_Slayer

Nov 24, 2004
    Oh yeah…Luke really wants to go on vacation with his sister and three kids to the exact place where Mara plans to vacation. I am sure there is no hidden agenda there. And if there really isn't a hidden agenda I will text message a very detailed agenda to Luke. I'll include diagrams and instructions. :D

Jade_Pilot and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    On vacation things happen;) Great to see Luke caring for her with the soup and flowers

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~~~~

Luke swam out in long strokes into the turquoise ocean.

He loved the water, reveled in it every chance he got. Some small boy child in him still thought of water as a luxury to indulge in whenever possible.

It was something the Rogues had teased him about: they took sonic showers, he never did.

Water, it had to be water. Even if the showers had to be quick, they were always hot.

As he came out onto the beach, he saw Mara watching him.

How had she found out which oceanside bungalows they were staying at?
    This puzzle was replaced by his gladness at seeing her.

She (for her part) found more than a little pleasure in seeing Luke in swim-trunks.

He had a fine, well-toned physique.

What made it doubly attractive was that he was so unaware of his appeal and would be surprised if anyone told him.

"I don't believe in coincidences, Mara." He said by way of greeting. "I am glad to see you however ..."

She smirked.
    "I haven't quite been able to get you out of my head since the function 6 weeks ago, and then you had to be nice to me when I was laid up sick."

"And you had to kiss me and then rush off like a herd of Rancors were hot on your tracks." Luke retorted. "What was that all about?"

"I wanted to show you there's more to life than hiding out in that Praxeum of yours, and if the holo-zines are going to pair us up anyway, like they have for the past year, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about."

Luke flushed.
    "I've been unable to get you out of my mind since we returned from Wayland." He confessed.

Mara gaped.

"That far back?"

"Yes." He answered sheepishly.

Mara was speechless, which was rare.

So Luke took advantage of her silence and kissed her.
    It was one of the bell-ringing, toe-curling type.

If anything, Mara was even more speechless after that!

So, when they returned from vacation, they couldn't exactly pretend nothing had sparked. Luke was too honest, and Mara was impatient with such foolishness.

After a few dinners and stay-overs to breakfast, Luke put the Praxeum in Kam's capable hands, and started giving Mara private lessons in the Force aboard the Fire.

They became part-time Jedi/trader partners and full-time lovers.

+++

Fin LOL

windu4 ________ Falcon

earlybird-obi-wan ___________ Ewok_Slayer

and: Jedi_Lover

21. windu4

May 15, 2008
    I like how Luke and Mara's sexual conquests are always described as toe-curling. :p

I'm glad that they're together! Luke seems all to eager to hand off his responsibilities to Kam whenever he wants to run around and "train" Mara. ;)

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL - I adopted that wonderful and appropriate expression toe-curling from "Exonerated", Mara's diary by JediMara77. :cool: Mara doesn't call Luke Master for nothing [face_laugh] [face_love]

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Boom! There you go Luke. PRIVATE LESSONS! Woot!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    toe-curling delightful finish to a sweet fic

25. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Very Sweet romance.