main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Notice about the April 18th meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    As you may remember, at the last meeting, we agreed to have the next meeting on Sunday, instead of the usual Saturday. This was due to the fact the Bowl 4 Kids event takes place Sunday, April 18th and this way people don't have to come from all over Northeast Ohio for 2 events in 2 days. That said the April 18th meeting will be held at McDonald's on the corner of Rockside and Route 21 (Brecksville Rd) after the Bowl 4 Kids event. Time to be determined. They have 2 floors and don't mind us meeting as a group upstairs. If you are interested in bowling along with the Rebel Strike Team, the bowling alley is right on Route 21, about 1.5 - 2 miles from the McDonald's.

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT!!! :D :D

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Is the bowling alley north or south on 21 from Rockside?

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    North. You get off of I-77 at Rockside and turn right. The McDonald's is on the southeast corner of Rockside and 21. To get to the bowling alley you turn left onto 21 at Rockside.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Ok, here's the easiest directions to BOTH locations: If your driving on Rockside Rd (heading east)...just before you go down into the valley (hence the name Valleyview Cinemark) @ Rt 21 there is a McDonalds on your right (remember that...it's kinda important later)

Turn left (north) and keep driving (across the bridge) until you see "Cloverleaf Lanes" on your right...be careful, the driveway is kinda hidden...but it is on the right.

After bowling, head back the way we came...and go to the McDonalds...easy as that!

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Thanks for the direction to the bowling alley. :)

Driveway is hidden? Sounds like the entrance to the main branch of the Akron-Summit County Library. ;)

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It's not really "hidden" but you can miss it...if you're not paying attention. To give you an idea (geographically) where this place is...you know that really big Goodyear sign, Cloverleaf is right next to the base of that sign.

8. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Sounds like the entrance to the main branch of the Akron-Summit County Library. We just like to keep our entrance driveway secret. [face_mischief]

9. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    The directions almost sound too easy.

Good news, I should be able to make it for at least a while. Evidently my family thinks its ok for me to leave the party for a while to go bowling with a bunch of Jedi Knights and Stormtroopers.

I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not. [face_laugh]

10. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's not really "hidden" but you can miss it...if you're not paying attention.

Yeah, coming from the south, it's right at a bend in the road at the top of a hill. But don't worry, there are 2 entrances.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    As I kinda mentioned on the website, we've got a couple thing to go over:

April Meeting Agenda:
    celebrate success of "Rebel Strike Team"
    launch of the website
    Pittsburgh ComiCon
    summer event planning
    (possible) introductions with USS Gallifrey
    RoP update

Anything else you guys can think of?

12. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Trekkie massacre. 8-}

13. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    If we're doing that, I'll be there for sure ;)

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's fine Eric...personally, I'm glad to welcome anyone (regardless of their sci-fi affiliation) who are offering to introduce us to other SW fans in the area and want to get involved with us in community service projects.

Besides, in a fight between you and a Klingon...my credits are going to be on Worf! ;)

15. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Trekkie massacre.

My lightsaber against your phaser. Yeah, you better run. Hehe.

Oh the ways I could trash talk a trekkie...

Argh, fine, I'll "try" to be nice.

16. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Do you think any of them will show up in Star Fleet uniforms?

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    While we know the meeting is following Bowl For Kids' Sake...not everyone is going to be at the bowling event. And I'd like to have an idea of how many people to tell McDonalds to expect.

April 18th Meeting:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    TheRandomMenace
    JarJarJedi
    Reborn-Jedi
    BMack
    Jade-Walker
    Beltayn
    Malo-Ha?

18. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    OOH OOH OOH!!!! Idea!!!!

Punisher opens that weekend... I'm all for a trip to a local movie theatre for that movie...

<Jerry_Maguire_moment>Who's coming with me?!?</Jerry_Maguire_moment>

-b-

EDIT: I'm really looking forward to this McDonald's Meeting... or as my roommate called it... Food, Folks and Force...

19. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    I'd love to meet you all and attend my first meeting, but I broke my arm at work on 3/17 and doc says I'm not cleared to drive...:(

20. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    isn't this where someone ask where DD lives and offers a ride?

-b-

BTW, no bowling for you either...

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm from Lake County I knew that - DarthDurance

That's a little out of my range, I'm coming in from Parma...anyone else out that way who could give him a lift.

BMack is ordering business cards, and has asked for anyone who can to chip in a few bucks towards off-setting the cost of producing 500 cards. They'll be ready in time for the meeting and B4KS, and afterwards we can use them for a major recruitment effort.

The website is out of dry-dock and it's time we let the world know we're out there!

22. DarthDurance

DarthDurance Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    No thank you guys for the thoughtful gesture, but I couldn't expect anyone to do that.

23. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Trekkie massacre [face_shocked] But some of my best friends are Trekkies and I've always watched whatever science fiction was on TV--sometimes even the bad stuff! Does this mean I need to go hide out on Tattoine with Obi-Wan? I could get used to that! [face_mischief]

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    ...for the thoughtful gesture, but I couldn't expect anyone to do that.
    No worries...we look out for each other around here. If you can't find a ride this time...we'll catch ya at the next event.

BTW, our attempts at scouting out your part of town have been unsuccessful. (to be polite) Any ideas on how we can do recruiting out your way? Anyone else you know of that is a Star Wars fan or local collector's shops/bookstores that would help us get the word out?

25. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    cards have been ordered... pic here 3 day shipping to be sent out on the 14th... should have em by B4KS...

-b-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.