main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****NOTICE: March meeting moved to March 25****

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Because of all the recent Star Wars activities and all of our busy personal schedules, the March meeting will now be held on Friday, March 25, at 7:00 at Laura's and Alan's house.

Things to discuss: CIII, new ROTS toys, going to see the movie, the garage sale, and a summer camping trip. Anyone else, please feel free to post other ideas on this thread.

We will also watch the Clone Wars cartoons that night.

The club will provide nachos and a dessert. Please bring your own drink(s).

Also, we will need someone to call people in the club to tell them about the change.

2. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I'll give all the usual suspects a call.

The last episode of Clone Wars plays at the same time as Galactica, but modern technology can save us from that dillema.

3. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    I can tape BG like I always do. We can watch Clone Wars while BG is taping, and then we can watch BG.

Does this sound like a plan? :confused:

4. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    That would splendiforous!!

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    yep, sounds like a plane
    we could start watching the clone wars taped at 7 ad be ready for the new episode when it comes on at 8.

6. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Hey guys... I am getting a sitter for tomorrow, how long do the meetings usually last? Will I be on my way home by 10pm? or should I plan longer?

Thanks! I am excited.

7. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    10 or 11 should be good. just depends how long you can stand hanging out with us. we do seem to always have fun though.

adam, you will be happy to know, i am bringing jenny. she wants to come since we are talking about the camping trip.

8. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Gang? The wife and grandma are both out of town, leaving me with the kids tomorrow night. It was once mentioned that Alan and Lauras house was not "kid proof"... well is that a guideline or a rule? can I bring two kids if they promise to watch CLone Wars with their mouth shut? I wont stay for all of galactica, as that would be past their bedtime, but I would like to drop by at some minimal level if I could.

9. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Erin, why would I care if Jenny comes? You could bring a whole herd of turtles and I wouldn't really care. I just wanna see Clone Wars!

10. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Barry -

I always remind people that our house is not "kid-proof" simply because, well, kids should be watched in our house. We have little knick-knacky things all over the place, and then there's that flight of stairs.

We're not "anti-kids," but we are worried that they may come over here and get into something they shouldn't. We don't have kids (well, we DO have the furry variety), so we don't really try to make the house "safe" for little ones. That's all.

Plus, we do have the 2 big dogs. I suppose we could put them outside for a while, but once they start barking, we let them in. (We have a cranky neighbor who stirs up unecessary trouble.)

Other than that, if they can sit and watch, then bring them, but keep in mind what I just posted. I'd feel pretty bad if they got hurt in my house!! We love Ellie and Ian!! [face_love]

11. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Spiral -

You have come in at a time when our meeting nights have gotten a little crazy!! Now that Battlestar Galactica shows on Friday nights, we always have a lot on our plates!!

Our meeting starts at 7:00, and since BG starts at 8:00, it will only be a 1 hour meeting. We usually have the meeting, eat snacks, and then we watch BG. After that, some of the guys play X-Box, and some of us watch other movies or shows in the basement.

So to answer your question - once BG is over at 8:00, we do whatever we want until just about whenever we want!! Some people stay until 11:00, some even later. It just depends on what we're doing, and what everyone's work schedule is like for Saturday!!

Either way, you're welcome to stay as long as you like!! :)

12. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Thanks! I am working on my sitter or my kid's father now. I'm still a little on the froggy side... lol but it's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for a cold! I am planning to be there and stay until you all kick me out ;)

Looking forward to it.

PS- Barry... I'm a mom and happy to help field kids if you should need help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.