main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Notre Dame Football: 2007 Season

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbagge59

garbagge59 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    yeah, they really were able to contain that awesome walk-on freshman quarterback who runs scout team during the week.

2. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hey, Ben Olson had his chance, but he rather sit down with a knee injury....at least thats what they were claiming.

3. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Well color me purple and call me silly. The Irish are now 1-5, with a win over All-Metro Bay County QB for UCLA. Not to mention and their third string QB.

Admit Irish fans. When Weis was 1st and goal in the first quarter on the one foot line and instead of pounding it in they role Clausen out for a 9 yard sack, maybe many of you used Charlie's name in vain.

But a win is a win. Put me with the group who believes if ND cares about this year at all better play Sharpley.

As for the BC game, unless the entire BC team is injured, BC 45 ND 3, thats right 6 touchdown winner.

4. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    the team is finally coming together as one. it should be a good game this weekend. The game that worries me the most is Navy. They looked outstanding last night, they didn't miss a beat.

5. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    ToneLoc = Mr. Delusional Irish Fan

i saw nothing in that game that would give me any hope. neither team won the game, UCLA just did more to lose it than the irish did. the offense has no rhythm and no leader. the defense has no chance usually to play to their potential because they're all winded by midway through the third quarter. special teams have been below average, and the coaching staff has not made halftime adjustments correctly in the games that they were still in at the half.

6. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    i still have faith.

[face_praying]

7. CarboniteHan

CarboniteHan Jedi Knight star 3

May 11, 2007
    Even against BC and USC?

8. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    of course. All we need to do is knock their quarterback and we will win.

9. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    Is that an ethical strategy? Maim some poor kid. Sheesh. I know football is rough but goodness.

10. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I think it's time ND returned the favor for 1993 & 2002. I see green jerseys....

"This year's Eagles team is in rarefied air. They enter the game undefeated and ranked #4. The last time BC was in the top ten prior to this year was in 1992, when a 7-0-1 team under head footbawl coach Tom Coughlin, ranked #9, was taught the meaning of the word respect by #8 Notre Dame, losing 54-7. It was at halftime of that game that footage was shot for the end of the movie Rudy; during the climactic final sequence, one can spot a few fans clad in maroon, as well as a Boston College banner. Surely, this is the only time that Boston College footbawl has been (or will be) immortalized on celluloid. I don't see Survivors in Love: The Tim and Elizabeth Hasselbeck Story getting greenlit anytime soon."

11. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

I didn't see the game, but ND does have some fight left in them. A very respectable showing versus a good BC team. Word to the 'Weis', play Sharpley, if this guy started getting 75% of the practice snaps a week maybe that Navy game wouldn't look so bad.

I don't care what happens in practice, Sharpley has shown that he can move the ball. And if ND can move the ball, all of a sudden the defense goes from Average to Good, getting better.

As for this week, USC 31 ND 10, I think my 6 touchdown loss from last week looks foolish. So I will cut this in half this week.

12. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    Since I was at the game, we should have score a lot more points on the boards than what you saw on the out come. There were some missed calls that would have effected the out come of the game, and I felt that we should have one the game and there should have been an upset. Moreover, the game is over, so a lost is lost. I think we might see an upset this weekend. Our defense is looking solid, and the offense line is looking a lot better.

The question I have will Sharpley be able to perform like a real quarterback the entire time, but not just half the game. Boston College didn't have a fast defense, but GT defense was really fast and Sharpley couldn't handle that. (hint: O line didn't help either) But if the USC Defense is really fast and that will put a question mark to see if the O Line is ready.

13. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Reading that hurt my eyes!

14. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    which part? the misspellings, poor grammar, or the fact that TL is obviously watching a different team than the rest of us?

15. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes. Actually, I was referring to the misspellings/grammar. Or the fact that all the words were spelled correctly, but just used in the wrong way. Not even spell check can fix that.

16. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000

? Notre Dame is 1 of 2 teams in the country that not yet played a team with a losing record. The Irish are also the only team in the country to play a BCS conference program in each of the first 8 games. That is double Florida Atlantic, which had the second longest streak with 4 straight BCS conference opponents to start the season.

17. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    ouch...that was some harsh comments....i will make this my last official post...[face_not_talking]

thank you for the good times

GO IRISH

18. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    I hope you guys are happy. TL is in his office sobbing. It's distracting me from my work.

19. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Are you sure he is not upset about the game on Saturday. 38-0, not good. So what is Charlie to do next?

No official Blog from me this week, as it is a bye week.

20. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

So what happened to our merry band of Fightin' Irish, lost your fight?

Just kidding. Tough game this week, Navy I believe averages something like 35 points a game, the most points in any game for ND is 21. So tough to now were to go with this.

I say Navy 31 ND 24

21. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I was going to say something witty but nothing comes to mind on something so sad.

22. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    On the other hand, every team that has played Norte Dame has.

23. CarboniteHan

May 11, 2007
    It's as if a million voices screamed out in terror and then were suddenly silenced.

24. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Just like in the ND stadium?

25. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    TL that was an unbelievable post you made, very good.

Well this is one of my favorite threads and time to make prediction. After the Irish were submarined by the Navy, Charlie and crew are almost at the proveriable rock bottom. A win is very necessary, a loss and the Duke game becomes even scarier.

Air Force, unlike Navy, has had some success over ND, with 3 wins in the '80's. I just don't see ND changing anything,

Air Force 42, ND 17.

Heard Clausen is back at starter. Unfortunately at ND they need to replace the offensive line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.