main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Notre Dame Football: 2007 Season

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    A guy walks into a bar ...
    and says, "Hey barkeep, did you ever hear the one about the Michigan State Spartans?" Four huge men stand up and approach the man. One of them says, "We play football at MSU, you wanna tell that joke to us?" The guy replies, "What? And have to explain it four times?"

2. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    RE: Notre Dame Football: 2007-2008 Season

ND ha a season this year? Maybe someone should tell them that, so they can try to play

3. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    BDZ....I caught that

I think my 42-17 was pretty good. Once again the Irish failed to disappoint. Can't wait till this Saturday.

4. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Only took you 4 days, yep, MSU graduate.

5. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey....be nice :)

6. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    holy smokes batman...two game winning streak..

7. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    so, does this mean a trip to some kind of bowl game?

8. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    not really, just pride...

9. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Original thread renamed.

10. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    Navy's Coach Paul Johnson leaving for Georgia Tech

11. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Ok, in the transition from Notre Dame to College Football, I offer this:

Michigan has had as hard a time securing a new coach as Notre Dame did after Willingham. They lost LSU's Les Miles, and now the Rutger's coach Greg Schiano has declined.

Michigan's list of potential candidates still includes Wake Forest's Jim Grobe, California's Jeff Tedford, Missouri's Gary Pinkel, North Carolina State's Tom O'Brien, Ball State's Brady Hoke, Michigan offensive coordinator Mike DeBord and Wolverines defensive coordinator Ron English.

12. ToneLoc

May 16, 2002
    Michigan has a new coach.

R-Rod

13. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    This is an interesting move on UM's part. Obviously I have no love for the Corn and Blue, but when reading these reports, I couldn't help but think about a UM news conference 3-4 years into the future...

"Rich Rodriguez was let go today after 26-12 record as coach of the Michigan Wolverines. University officials are initiating their search for a new coach, with the only official requirement that he be someone with strong ties to the program."

I think this will come back to bite them, hiring someone with no (not little, but no) understanding of what Michigan football is all about. This ain't the Big East, Rich. I look for Ohio State to continue to own UM until either Tressel leaves, or R-Rod is let go. (my money's on the latter).

14. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    ditto on the above statement

As for meechigan this is definitely a fork in the road for their football program. With 'bo' being the coach 32 years ago and the program passed from assistant to assistant, this is indeed strange times in the Big Dump. With the glaring lack of success in basketball and the fact that the university seems to accept it, will football slip. Obviously it won't drop like basketball, but rich rod is on a short leash and the cupboard is bare. Look for u of m to put up another 4 loss season if not more next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.