main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Nov 19th Jewish Center Vendor Fair

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MAGNIFICENT-SITH, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2005
    Well, I knew the Party City event would get some atteention. The owner of my store had passed the word out to the Jewish Center members,that he is a part of, and told them to come see us that night and they did. They liked it so much that they asked him to ask me if I could get something together for Sunday Nov. 19th @ 1:00 pm.
    I told her I'd post it and see if any would be interested. This is a good opportunity as well because they do a TON of events there. Plus about 3/4 of the Mandarin area is of the Jewish faith and could possibly mean more exposure.
    I will find out more about it as far as how long it will last and what they want, but it seems like they are very adamant about us being there.
    They want to promote it as quick as possible because if I promoted us for only1 1/2 weeks at Party City and got the turn out we had, they want to do it a bit more in advance to get more attention.
    Let me know.
    -Terry

2. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hmmm, does it have to be 1pm or can they make it 1:30 or 2 for us church people???
    If it must be 1:00 we will still come, but we will have to go to church in town so we don't have that hour drive afterwards.

Great job at scoring us another event. YAY Vader!

3. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    You rock man.. Woo Hoo!

4. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    I can find out for sure about the time. I think the whole thing starts at that time, but I just found out about it yesterday by my boss's wife. I will find out more details this weekend.

5. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Cool just let us know [face_pumpkin]

6. jmknet1

jmknet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Count me in!!!

7. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    i might be able to make this one...but i am not srue..so i am going to say maybe.

8. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    I love this one.

9. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    i am not going to be able to make this one..due to some party for my sis(the one who is getting married)

10. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Come on.. bring her... we could to a jewish wedding and a jedi reception.. what's better?

11. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    i will see what i can do..becuse this one sounds really fun.

12. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    um i am not srue if we are going to back in town in time...i am still working on the rents.

13. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    sry all i am going to have to pass on this one..we are not even going to be back into town untill like 3ish...man i am sick of wedding.

14. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Ok, here's the poop on the 19th. If you thought Party City stuff was cool check this out...
    1. They are going to have over 50 vendors there strutting thier wares.
    2. Jax4kids.com is advertising our appearance 2 weeks in advance of the event. They get over 51,000 hits on their website A DAY. I talked to someone directly involved with them.
    3. Folio Weekly is going to advertise our appearance a week before the event. We all know how big they are.
    4. The Florida Times Union is putting us in the River Bend Review, which is an insert for the Mandarin area the Saturday before the event.
    5. They are putting us by a booth for Photo Max, who does all the video/photos scrapbooks for special events like weddings, barmitzvahs, and such. Theyll probably take pictures for those attending if they want thier services, so we might be doing more picture ops there.

They are advertising us to be there at 12:30pm on the 19th. I'll have the actual address for you soon. So the question is....
    who is coming?

15. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Not me, I'm broke down

16. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    i would so love to be there..but i am going to be out of town..grr..word to the wise..when getting married..save your fam and friends the headache and just elope.

17. jmknet1

jmknet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    I'm in!!!

18. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Ani and I will be there :)

19. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I just found out today that I have a possible torn ACL and possibly a surgery was requiered. I didn't like the doctor's face when he saw my knee, He was holding something back from me. He told me that he needed to see the MRI to make sure. This suxs, No more trooping for me for a long while.

20. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Dude, that sucks. I think this is going to be my last troop for a while as well. The wife is getting on me and with the holidays coming up, I got booked with family events. But I guess I am going out in style with this event lol

21. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Luis man, sorry to hear about that. I have one as well if you need any advice... I've been through the surgury and got the worst possible outcome, he couldn't fix it. It's why I haven't gotten to do those wonderful backflips, but there are things you can do to rehab and spring back when it starts to heal.

Terry, I understand man. Have fun over the holidays.

22. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    ok, the address for the Jacksonville Jewish Center is 3662 Crown Point Road.
    If you come from 295 South (coming from Orange Park area) you'll go over the Buckman Bridge and take the San Jose blvd exit and turn left onto San Jose. Crown Point Road is at the Blockbuster on the right. Go down that road, not very far, and it's on the right hand side with a pretty big sign on thier entrance wall.
    If yuo come 295 north (heading towards Orange Park) you'll take the first San Jose blvd exit and follow the directions above once on San Jose.
    We are slated to be there at 12:30 start time, so I would try to be there between 11:30 and 12pm to find me and get situated/dressed.
    It runs till 3:30 but they don't expect us to be there past 2:30.

23. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    You guys have fun on sunday....

24. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    MAGNIFICENT-SITH - Do we have a head count yet?

Ani and I will be there after church and it is an hour drive (we'll have to go to church in costume). It'll likely be 1 or 1:30

25. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    Steve and I for sure...and as far as I know so should Jeff and the Riqui

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.