Nov. 2 Meeting

Discussion in 'Melbourne, FL' started by Thumper09, Oct 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    <gets up on desk, clears throat loudly, and resists the urge to say "O Captain my captain!">

Hey everyone. Okay, here's the scoop.

We have the room confirmed for our meeting this Saturday, November 2, at 2:30 pm at the North Brevard Public Library in Titusville. Follow the link Art posted for info. Sorry that all you Melbourne people have a farther drive, but apparently Titusville is the only place boring enough to not have an event at the library this weekend. :p <j/k>

When you go in the first set of doors, turn right. It's the last room, and there will be a sign there with the trademark origami X-wing to direct people as well (seeing as how I was made the Sign Person. I want my title to be "MFF's Manipulator of Dead Trees").

Now, in case you don't want to call up Mapquest or something, here are some directions.

FROM THE SOUTH
    Take I-95 north to Exit 79 (Titusville, Hwy. 50). Go east on Hwy. 50 until you reach US 1. US 1 runs along the river, so if you find yourself in the water, you've gone too far. Turn left (north) on US 1. At the stoplight for Harrison St. at the Miracle City Mall, turn left. Take Harrison to the first stop light just past the mall. This is Hopkins Ave. Turn right (north) onto Hopkins. The library is maybe 0.5 - 1 mile from there on the right hand side.
    You can also take US 1 up from Melbourne, but you'll go through more traffic, obviously. If you take US 1 the whole way, figure about a half hour drive from US 1 and 520 in Cocoa.

FROM THE NORTH
    Take I-95 south to Exit 80 (Titusville, 406 / Garden St.). Turn left (east) on Garden St. (406). Follow this street for a few miles until just before you reach the river. Between 7-11 and Eckerd, turn right onto US 1 South, Hopkins Ave. Follow this. Now, you'll go past Main St. and little streets like that. Once you pass South St., make sure you're in the right-hand lane. After you pass one or two small car dealerships, US 1 will branch off to the left and a small two-way road will continue straight ahead. Keep going straight onto that two-way road. Follow that until you pass the high school, which is a bunch of white buildings with blue roofs. The library is immediately past that on the left-hand side. If you miss the branch-off, just continue on US 1 to Harrison St. and follow the instructions from there for the south people.

I live about 2 miles or so from the library but will be getting there around 2:15 to make sure things are hunkey-dorey. PM me if you want my phone number in case something gets messed up, or e-mail me at kzajdel@fit.edu if you have any questions before that.

I'd better sit down before I confuse people even more.

-Katie
    Thumper
  2. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not a bad thing in the long run. We can have this one at Titusville, the next one in Viera, and then decide which we like better, considering room quality, ease of getting there and back for the bulk of the group, and friendliness/cooperation of the staff.

Sandy
  3. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

star 2
    Nice Job O'killer of trees!

All hail her!

Art

ps I'm working on an agenda and will get one posted soon. Anyone want to see something specific on it please post here!
  4. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Sweet- I was secretly hoping for the Titusville library!!!! Being in Port St. John I don't have to drive so far! Plus my ewok minions booked up all the other places! Muahahahah!
  5. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    The closer to LC-39A and LC-39B we are the happier I'll be.
  6. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure how on time we'll be, I have dance again, so it depends hen I get out of practice.

And my constant companion Marlana won't be there, but my other constant companion Paul will be. :D
  7. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just belatedly realized that I should throw Art's link in this thread.

http://manatee.brev.lib.fl.us/locations/nba/nba.htm

Heh, heh, I found a song that begins by mentioning Star Wars and then mentions the space shuttle later on. It's kewl.
    Thought you all needed to know that.

Happy Halloween!

-Katie
    Thumper
    P.S. I don't kill trees! I just manipulate paper. :p
  8. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whats the song!?!?!?!?
  9. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's called "Nineteen Somethin'" by Mark Wills. I'll warn you, though, it's a <gasp> country song. I know some poor, misguided people are deathly allergic to that kind of music. [face_devil] :p

I have it on mp3 if you wanna hear it Saturday after the meeting.

-Katie
    Thumper
  10. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    That would be superfly!
  11. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    So what did I miss?
    Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I was in bed coughing up my lungs and trying to study for a math test. :)
  13. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Stef,

I'm officially stating that you've been sick with this thing far too long! Time to make the miraculous recovery and return to your chipper self. I hope Darryl is doing better also.

We had the first official meeting. We determined (later) that you indeed have to be 21 to get on the gambling boat this Friday. Katie and I continue the arguement about teaching her to play craps. Katie sponsered country music and then about half of the group went to my house and learned who Ray Harryhausen was.

Somewhere in between, we officially titled the group to be the Space Coast Fan Force and officially elected Art as the Coastal Rep, to remain unofficial for the next gathering and to assume his holy official status at the third meeting.

Also, my heart seems to be just fine (according to three doctors, lots of wires and electronic equipment, and thousands of tax payer dollars in medical tests).

Sandy
  14. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    Who didn't know who Ray Harryhausen was? Holy geez! The greatest stop motion animator of all time!!!! What movie did you all see? I guess that was the post meeting secret meeting?
  15. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ruckus,

Not very secret. Mentioned it fairly loudly three times.

Jason and the Argonaughts. Meeting next Sat and practically every Sat after that as well. PM me if you want to come over.

I won't mention who didn't know about Harryhausen as it might impact her recent pride regarding her sports prediction.

Sandy
  16. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

star 2
    Sandy got most of it. We also discussed the meeting in Dec. We decided that we would start it by having lunch at a nearby restaurant. Then we would have the trivia game. After that is the other games. The rest of the meals are fend for yourself.

Buzz needs a count for who will camp. There are several people who may be able to help with renting gear if you don't have any so let someone know if you want to come. perferably post it in that thread.

We also discussed getting the website up. We have several volunteers including Ruckus and myself. We will choose the one the group likes the best if we have multiple ones designed.

That's about it I think.

Art
  17. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree with you Sandy. I have had this for far too long. I went to the doctor, he said it was bronchitis and gave me some anitbiotics and cough syrup. It has yet to get better.
    I hope I am better for the Dec camping thing.
  18. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I guess it was after I left you mentioned it? Cause honestly I never heard any mention of it.
  19. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    You should always hang around for the parking lot gatherings. That's where the secret meetings are organized.

Sandy
  20. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    ahhh.. note to self.. Star Chamber planning in parking lot after meeting. :)
  21. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, you just became my hero. Anyone who actually knows what the Star Chamber was scores mega points in my book.

Sandy
  22. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.