main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Nov 2nd - Big Screen, Big Party - The TorontoLine IMAX party ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Huge Gigantic Movie
    itty bitty hootnany at Tragic?s

With the IMAX showings of AotC bringing everyone together, it only makes sense for us to open our doors for a whole lotta hoot and a little bit of nanny. This is an open invite to all our friends in the 501st, Rebel Legion and all FanForce Chapters across Ontario to come to Tragic?s for a day of games, movies and fun.

Whilst gaming and discussion takes place upstairs, Tragic will be throwing a filmfest down in the Star Wars room. Those of you who?ve been to Tragic?s movie nights in the past know that the lineup will be eclectically fun. As the event is tied in to the IMAX release, the theme for the Tragic filmfest is: Size Matters Not! Exact lineup will be listed once I secure the films from the video store, but if you?ve a rare or classic film that fits the bill (MST3K: The Amazing Colossal Man or Godzilla vs. Disco Lando, for example) please feel free to bring it along and we?ll work it in.

We?ll throw the doors open at 2pm, and leave ?em open til we?re ready to crash. Come when you can. Stay for as long as you?d like. The Tragic homestead is but a ten minute drive (twenty minute bus ride) from the IMAX at the Coliseum, so feel free to join us before or after a showing of the super-sized AotC. For those who?ve never been before, or who forget the way, drop me an email or private message and I?ll forward directions to you.

Those attending are asked to donate a few bucks into the pot to help pay for munchees at the party. As well, we?ll also be collecting donations for the charity drive. If you forgot to bring along a new, packaged toy or non-perishable food item to the theatre ? our party will be your opportunity to throw in your support.

The Plan?

Where: Tragic Homestead in Mississauga
    When: Saturday, November 2nd, 2pm til the wee small hours of the morning
    What: Games, Tragic filmfest and fun with your fellow Star Wars friends
    Cost: Donation of a few bucks to cover the costs of the food

2. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Saturday?...doh!

boohoo...no TragicFest for Jacquie :(

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Do you have adequate parking?

4. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    We've a driveway that can accomodate a couple cars, and there's visitor parking located throughout the neighbourhood.

It's Mississauga - parking is free and plentiful. ;)

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    As I said in the IMAX thread, I'll be there, and if anyone needs a ride let me know.

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    uh, David...I'll need a lift..unless you guys want me to drive in my hot wheeles.

7. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I think it would be pretty neat if you drove your hot wheels, but I was indeed assuming that you'd be riding with me. :)

8. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Sure plan everythign for AFTER I skip town. Yeesh, I'd almsot think you were celebrating my departure from Toronto.

Sorry I won't be able to antagonise anyone there. Have fun all of you, I will be busy upping my autograph collection from 108 to 110, first time it's been upped since.... well two weeks ago when I was collecting autographs at the Silver Snail.

9. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

How cool is this??!! i get the whole weekend off..WHOO HOOO!...erm....okay this is where christina begs for a ride, whoever can drive me, theres tim hortons coffee in it for ya!! ;)

10. phalstar

phalstar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Did someone say a Tim Horton's coffee (best in the world!)? I'll be driving there, christina you're set... anyone else in the area (north west scarberia and area) need a lift?

11. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well since Saturday is the only day I'm not expected at the Paramount in costume, count me in.

I can give you a ride Elewyn if you need. Call me, email, carrier pigeon, whatever.

12. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Duker,

Toronto has been flooded with rays of sunshine since your departure. The gloom and darkness is all but gone. Everyone is just so happy and a kinship is felt through all Torontonians, the likes noone has felt in years.

It's a miracle.

13. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Just remember Duker - you're married to the Toronto Line as well. Behave yourself while away or it's the rolling pin for you ;)

---
    A couple of the day's "Size Matters Not" filmfest:

Godzilla vs. Mothra -
    The twin fairies of infant island show that size matters not when going up against even the greatest of opponents... Gojira!!!

Ghostbusters -
    It doesn't get much bigger than Gozer the Carpathian and the end of the world (and *as a special treat to accompany the film - roasted marshmallows)

I'll scour the video store this week to see what other screen-gems I can dig up. And if anyone has a special 'size matters not' film they want to see, please post or send me a pm. The full lineup will be posted by Friday night.

---

On the games end of things, since I sold my only copy of Epic Duels to Sandwich, would somebody be able to bring along a copy? I'll have Kill Dr. Lucky and Queens Gambit ready for any interested parties.

14. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I am going to take a leep here but is anyone from welland making the trip?? I wish to catch a ride if possible.

This would mean!!! I MIGHT MAKE AN APPEARANCE!!

However I am impaired in an automotive sense.

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yes, there are Welland people coming up.

Try the Niagara forum, eh?

16. Jedi_Sheridan

Jedi_Sheridan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2001
    I thought about doing that, but i didn't want to make a new thread on there about it...I thought it would be better to ask here.

17. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Tragic,

I have the Ghostbusters DVD..I can bring that, if you'd like.

And are they Stay Puft Marshmallows? That's just evil, Mr. Stay Puft would never harm anyone.

18. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    We've got a VHS copy, so we're okay as far as Ghostbusters is concerned. However, if there's neat extras on the DVD that are worth a view, then please do bring it along.

19. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, size may not matter, but original-aspect-ratio does, I say we should be watching the DVD. :)

20. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Mr. Stay puff wouldn't harm anyone, simple because he's too soft. However if he were to pin them against somethign he could suffocate and thus kill them.

And thus in a precautionagainst such a beast i feel I should be equipped with an oil tanker like the one from the Mad Max trilogy and a rocket launcher. WE CAN TOAST HIM PEOPLE!!! AND SOLVE HUNGER IN THE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!... for a while at least.

21. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    To quote Bill Murry on Mr. Staypuft;

"...This guy's a sailor, he's in New York; We get this guy CENSORED we won't have any trouble..."

:p

22. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I *might* have Godzilla vs. Mothra on DVD. I'll dig through my box and see.

23. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I would love to go, but I need a ride! Would anyone be able to give me a ride? :)

24. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    No can do about a ride but Tranist directions are simple. Grab the 26 from Islington, take to other side of Missisauga. Get the rest from Tragic. Been too long since I was there.

25. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Thanks for the offer, but I've got that DVD. Those of you who've been to previous Tragic movie nights knows that I try to match the food to the fliks. Needless to say, I'll be serving an extra helping of cheese during our Godzilla flick.

Spoke with Nina on the phone today and she's going to dig through her collection to see if she can find the video for 'Horton Hears a Who' -- a classic tale of 'size matters not'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.